FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Referendum - British MEPs Thrown Out Of Parliament

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Referendum - British MEPs Thrown Out Of Parliament Reply with quote

Will the BBC cover this?

Quote:
EU chaos as heckling British MEPs chanting 'referendum' ordered to leave Parliament

British Euro MPs led a noisy protest yesterday at a signing ceremony for a new EU rights charter. Around 100 heckling Eurosceptics from Britain, France, Poland and Italy wrecked what was supposed to be a solemn event at the Strasbourg Parliament.

They waved placards and banners, stamped, booed and chanted "referendum". Opponents called them "hooligans" who shamed Britain.

The 50-article charter of fundamental rights will be attached to the EU's new Reform Treaty, to be signed in Portugal today. The protesters were demanding a public vote on the treaty.

The ceremony marked the signing of the charter by the EU's three institutions, the Parliament, Commission and the European Council.

Wearing black t-shirts and holding placards demanding referendums on the treaty, the lawmakers from countries - including Britain, France, Poland and Italy - shouted down Portuguese Prime Minister Jose Socrates, whose country currently holds the European Union's rotating presidency, as he delivered his speech.

"No matter how loud you heckle and yell, today is a day of fundamental importance for Europe," a defiant-looking Socrates told the assembly.

The ceremony at the parliament was held to mark the signing of the charter by the EU's three institutions - the European Parliament, European Commission and the European Council, which represents the member states.

The event took place a day before the 27 EU leaders will sign the bloc's new reform treaty in Lisbon.

The treaty retains key parts of a doomed EU constitution, including provisions to boost EU foreign policy and make the rights charter legally binding - except in Britain and Poland, which won opt-outs.

Ireland is due to be the only country to hold a referendum on the issue. The other 26 nations will ratify the document through parliament, much to the anger of opponents.

"Referendum, we want a referendum. The people of Europe deserve to decide for themselves," Nigel Farage, leader of Britain's UK Independence Party, shouted from his seat.

European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso was also verbally attacked during his speech before parliament president Hans-Gert Poettering intervened and told the hecklers to leave.

A small scuffle ensued after parliament officials tried to snatch the placards from the hands of the protesting MEPs

"British UKIP, Eurosceptic Conservatives and Polish far-right MEPs today brought the hooligan behaviour of the football stadium into the European Parliament", Graham Watson, leader of the assembly's Liberals told Reuters.

"They are a disgrace to their countries."

www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article _id=501526&in_page_id=1811

Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent.

Loved the "hooligan" tag.

I'm imagining the beer swilling MEPs chanting:

We're gonna get our ref-er-en-de-um
We're gonna get our ref-er-en-de-um

We hate Europe and we hate Europe
We hate Europe and we hate Europe

You're gonna get you budget audited
You're gonna get you budget audited

Stand up if you want the vote
Stand up if you want the vote

Nigel Fa-ra-ges sceptic army
Nigel Fa-ra-ges sceptic army

Sorry.

Reflecter
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very encouraging and no doubt the BBC did not cover it.

fish5133
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worrying times when ours and other countries MEPs have to do this to get themselves heard. At least we have some MEPs who are not just nodding dog "yes" men
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reflecter wrote:
Very encouraging and no doubt the BBC did not cover it.

I can't find a squeek about it

But then, given the number of "common purpose" graduates within the Beeb, thats hardly a suprise

QuitTheirClogs
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a google search and didn’t give much in the msm:

MEPs disrupt EU charter signing
Wednesday - 12 December 2007
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7140966.stm

British MEPs in treaty uproar at Strasbourg
Thursday December 13, 2007
http://www.guardian.co.uk/eu/story/0,,2226641,00.html

David Ray Griffin - 9/11: the Myth & the Reality
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-275577066688213413
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh! Well look at that they did cover it a little
Sherlock Holmes
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't call these guys Yobo's or Hooligans actually, "Heros" is what I was thinking.

I would like to add that I am a liberal probably left leaning on the whole, but socially conservative, belive in liberty, magna carta, trial by jury, innocent until proven guilty etc. I'm not a fan of public school or rule by birthright, I can't stand snobbery (some of these toffs need a red hot poker shoved in their rear ends from time to time), I can't stand racsim, but I don't think mass immigration willy-nilly is a good thing either. I could never vote Tory, I have voted Labour in the past, I vote UKIP now because I can't stand the undemocratic European police/super state.

If labour abandon the Fascistic wars, come clean over 7/7, walk away from the neo-con agenda, reign in the police state, return to their roots I might vote for them again. Then again what is it they say about flying pigs?
Leiff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good clip...

Link

Justin
9/11 Truth Organiser
9/11 Truth Organiser

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read 'Dot 20' in David Icke's new book entitled 'The Superstate Agenda' and see just how much indisputable, concrete evidence there is that the foundation of a fascist European Superstate is inevitable - unless we take to the metaphorical barricades! Well done those MEPs, but this is just the beginning. Wake up people, especially all those well meaning Left leaning people who see the EU, with all its imperfections, as a tolerable organisation that has prevented another major European war from happening for over fifty years. The mindset that created the EU also planned and executed The Great War and the Second World War. The EU must be completely dismantled and in its place must be a genuine alliance of European States dedicated to world peace, international law, environmentally sound local food production, sustainable and ethical business practices, cultural diversity and spiritual fulfilment.

http://www.davidickebooks.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=50

Last edited by Justin on Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If labour abandon the Fascistic wars, come clean over 7/7, walk away from the neo-con agenda, reign in the police state, return to their roots I might vote for them again. Then again what is it they say about flying pigs?

They are easy to bag with a 12 bore?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: