FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'When will we ever learn' - Police overkill in the US...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thermate911
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: 'When will we ever learn' - Police overkill in the US... Reply with quote

Quoting from a recent PopMech mag (keeping an eye on't b*ggers) [http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military_law/4203345.html]  :-

Readers of the PM article, several of them conscientious police officers, agree with the deadly seriousness of the situation:

Quote:
"A big part of the problem are federal gov't programs such as LEAA which train and propagandize local, county and state police. Police have become more like a buffer between the public and gov't elite always tilting in favor of the elite. The average cop on the beat today has the attitude that everyone is guilty of something ...they just haven't caught us yet."

"I was scared by what I read, and as a 3rd year law student whose interned locally I've seen just how corrupt and deceitful law enforcement has become ..."

"I've been a police officer for nearly 30 years and have watched my profession become militarized beyond any rational justification. Young cops all want to blouse their combat boots and wear BDUs and kevlar helmets. They should be forced to spend 4 years in the military before becoming police officers. Let them get their impulses for military glory out of their system BEFORE becoming police officers."

"I'm a former cop and SWAT team member... I know first hand what it's like to shoot a man and watch him die. I have been shot at, stabbed and even had explosive devises used against me. ... Our unit had access to explosives, the type I was trained to use in the military. I feel these are necessary tools for what could happen nowadays in the real world, but I know they are over-used. Along with no-knock warrants and 'them against us' attitudes of officers'... The high-handed tactics of law enforcement and prosecutors puts a lot of innocent citizens at risk. It is fast becoming a police state here in the USA .

Sound familiar, at all?

A detailed Cato Institute research paper on the subject worth the read here:-

"Overkill: The Rise of Paramilitary Police Raids in America"
http://www.cato.org/pubs/wtpapers/balko_whitepaper_2006.pdf
festival of snickers
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dumbed down population never questions theire * government
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: