FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BBC producer Guy Smith to answer questions on Talksport

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keithm
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: BBC producer Guy Smith to answer questions on Talksport Reply with quote

Guy smith of the bbc 9/11 conspiracy files is on talksport with ian(brown noser) collins sometime this week or next,

to apparently put the issue of 9/11 to sleep,once and for all.

they say that they want as many people as possible to ring in and guy smith will gladly challenge any conspiracy theorist.

Last edited by keithm on Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Sherlock Holmes
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy Smith is the British version of those sickening popular mechanics shills.

However, the BBC is dying; it's popular only with the blue-rinse brigade and die hard "lib-lab-con paradigmists".

The only salvation for the BBC will be extending the license fee to all households that have a computer/internet access.

I recently talked to a group of 17/18 year olds, an ex-British navy officer (Gulf War 1 veteran) and *another* police officer, and they ALL agreed after looking at the material 9/11 was an inside job, and yeah so was 7/7

So screw you BBC, I'm getting the message out. SCREW YOU!
4000 DVDs +++++
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
to apparently put the issue of 9/11 to sleep,once and for all.

Well he'd better have a few supertankers of elephant tranquiliser handy then.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

IanFantom
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Putting conspiracy theories to sleep Reply with quote

Quote:
Guy smith of the bbc 9/11 conspiracy files is on talksport with ian(brown noser) collins sometime this week or next, to apparently put the issue of 9/11 to sleep,once and for all.

That's easy. Ask him as many questions as you can on the conspiracy theory that the Taliban was behind it, with Osama bin Laden operating from remote caves in Afghanistan. Some conspiracy theorists say that the hijackers were islamic terrorists working for Osama bin Laden.

Ask him to put that one to sleep, and assure us that it's just been a dream.

Ask him to put to sleep the conspiracy theory that Saddam Husein was working with Osama bin Laden's outfit, Al Qaida, and with the Taliban in the attacks of 9/11.

I bet you he can.

Then ask him to put to sleep the conspiracy theory that Professor Steven Jones had carried out a physics study of the collapse of the towers, but that the BBC documentary had chosen instead to interview the editor of Popular Mechanics.

I bet you he can't.

Regards,
Ian
Snowygrouch
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a difficult one,
When you`re dealing with a man like this you might be as well to try to argue the case for CIA complicity with the neigbours pet cat.

I`m not saying dont phone in, far from it. But dont expect any possibility of rational debate or discussion of facts.

C.

President Eisenhower 1961
SHERITON HOTEL
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where have you been snowygrouch? your long abscence was bringing out the CT in me BIGTIME!
Didn't you say at the Indian YMCA back in early summer Guy Smith had asked the US authorities for the serial numbers of F77 B757 components allegedly salvaged from the Pentagon crash site 9/11 to "once and for all debunk the CT's" and was curtly told 'NO YOU CANNOT HAVE ANY F77 COMPONENT SERIAL NUMBERS'?
Someone on here said this information has been officially exempted from US FOI.
Snowygrouch
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes sorry about the dissapearance but no foul play was involved. Just been getting on with my degree which takes up most of my time.

Yes Guy asked to see parts from Flight 77 or to see matched serial no.s and was refused.

I left messages on his answerphone in the weeks leading up to the airing and apparently he wasnt interesting enough in the flight data recorder to return any calls.

I`m sure he MEANT to and just forgot Rolling Eyes

C.

President Eisenhower 1961
Mick Meaney
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not looking good is it.. Ian Collins told me the show isn't interested in presenting a balanced view of this.. so much for journalistic integrity.
SchNews
Action speaks louder than..
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame you didn't have that on tape. It would be dynamite

After all it was the failure of the BBC to honour the requirement of its charter and guidelines that were the crux of charge levelled at the BBC 9/11 Conspiracy Files documentary by campaigners including BBC5/David Shayler

Here are their obligations.........

Quote:
To ensure that the Corporation and its employees and all programme makers engaged by the Corporation comply with the provisions of any code which the Corporation is required to draw up for the treatment of controversial subjects with due accuracy and impartiality and comply with any other code or guidelines applicable to programme content and standards.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/info/policies/charter/pdf/charter_text.shtml

Quote:
S. 5.1 (c) of the Agreement provides that the BBC shall do all it can to secure that all
programmes:
“…treat controversial subjects with due accuracy and impartiality… in
the Corporation’s news services…and do not contain any material
expressing the opinion of the Corporation…”

http://www.bbccharterreview.org.uk/first_phase_responses/A/Asserson_Tr evor.pdf

From the producer guidelines the BBC has an obligation to

Quote:
1. fairness (part 1, sections 1 and 2.1)
2. respect for truth (part 1, sections 1 and 2.1)
3. due accuracy (part 2, section 1)
4. attachment to fundamental democratic principles (part 1, section 1)
5. not broadcasting own opinions on current affairs or matters of public policy (part 1, section 1)
6. ensure that opposing views are not misrepresented (part 1, section 2.1)
7. news programmes should be dispassionate, wide ranging and well informed (part 1, section 2.2)
8. must take account of events as well as arguments (part 1, section 2.2)
9. should offer viewers and listeners an informed account of issues, enabling them to form their own views (part 1, section 2.2)
10. audience should not be able to gauge reporter’s personal views (part 1, section 2.2) 1 See Schedule II 31-LO/225619.1
11. research must be thorough, wherever possible- information should be gathered first hand by being there or by talking to those who were (part 2, section 1)
12. reluctant to rely only on one source (part 2, section 2)
13. if controversial issue – relevant opinions as well as facts may need to be considered (part 2, section 2)
14. if legally contentious issue – its accuracy must be capable of withstanding scrutiny in a court of law (part 2, section 2)
15. use language fairly (part 2, section 4)
16. not use language inadvertently so as to suggest value judgements, commitment or lack of objectivity (part 2, section 4)

Quote:
The BBC’s Editorial Values:

Impartiality

Due impartiality lies at the heart of the BBC. All BBC programmes and services should be open minded, fair and show a respect for truth. No significant strand of thought should go unreflected or under represented on the BBC (see Chapter 2).

Accuracy

We must be accurate and must be prepared to check, cross-check and seek advice to ensure this. Wherever possible we should gather information first-hand by being there ourselves or, where that is not possible, by talking to those who were. But accuracy is often more than a question of getting the facts right. All relevant information should be
weighed to get at the truth of what is reported or described (see Chapter 2).

Fairness

BBC programmes should be based on fairness, openness and straight dealing. Contributors should be treated honestly and with respect. They have a right to know what a programme is about, what kind of contribution they are expected to make, whether it will be live or recorded and whether it is to be edited (see Chapter 3).

Giving a Full and Fair View of People and Cultures

…. in the United Kingdom and across the world. BBC programmes and services should reflect and draw on this diversity to reflect life as it is. By doing so we introduce new talent, perspectives, faces and voices enriching our programmes for our audiences.

When portraying social groups (such as 9/11 truth campaigners), stereotypes should be avoided (see Chapter 9)

Editorial Integrity and Independence

Audiences must be able to trust the integrity of BBC programmes. They should be confident that decisions are made only for good editorial reasons, not as a result of improper pressure, be it political, commercial or special interest (see Chapter 24).

The outside activities of programme-makers must not improperly influence BBC programmes (see Chapter 10).

Fairness to Interviewees

BBC interviews should be well mannered and courteous. They may be searching, sharp, sceptical, informed and to the point - but not partial, discourteous or emotionally attached to one side of an argument. They should not be aggressive, hectoring or rude, whatever the provocation. Interviewees should be given a fair chance to set out their full response to the questions (see Chapter 13).

I suggest callers focus on 2 key but related issues

The fact that 9/11 commission was not impartial, independent or transparent and failed to answer 75% of the family campaigners questions

and

the BBC documentary was not impartial and fair.

I suggest watching the documentary and the BBC5 response again and prepare some pertinent questions for Guy

Finally this conclusion from its internal investigation of its Israeli/Palestine coverage is relevent in looking at how the BBC covers other controversial topics such as 9/11.

Quote:
We understand that the Israeli Palestinian Conflict is an emotive topic, and that it is difficult to avoid taking sides. Most broadcasters and other media may and do take sides. The BBC may not.

The BBC is funded by public money. Partly because of this, it has accepted a duty on itself to cover politically controversial issues in an impartial way. The persistent failure to treat the Middle East in an impartial way constitutes a breach of the trust which Licence payers have placed in the BBC.

Given the huge influence of the BBC on attitudes around the world, we believe that any bias by the BBC could have far reaching effects.
If the BBC is to adhere to the lofty ideals which it has set itself, and to which it is legally bound, it must strive to report on the Middle East in an impartial and accurate manner.

Does anyone have any further information on when this programme will take place?
keithm
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Keith,

We will be recording the Guy Smith section this Thursday evening and it will go on air on Tuesday morning. Are you interested in speaking to Guy? If so, please email me your contact details, and I will be in touch on Thursday.

Thanks,

Kathryn Anastasi
Set-up Producer Ian Collins Show / Mike Mendoza Show

talkSPORT Programming
18 Hatfields
London SE1 8DJ
Tel No: 0207 959 7822
Kathryn.Anastasi@talksport.co.uk

www.talkSPORT.net
Bongo
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont forget to mention 'Jane Standley'!!! Wink

I clearly remember that the timing of the leaking of that little nuggat did appear to be in direct response to the initial airing of the 'Conspiracy Files' programme.
kbo234
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the same Guy Smith who is now 'Home Affairs Correspondent' for the BBC News?
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The documentary didn't deal with the main issues our movement has been raising. It only dealt with 2 of the 10 main points in any depth and only for a tiny proportion of the show. At least 90% of the programme was concerned with irellevant material designed to trivialise the serious claims that 9/11 was conducted with cooperation of parts of the U.S. Government and military.

Buzzy Krongard - just one of those fingered for financial incentives and foreknowledge of the 9/11 attacks.
Many more here -> http://www.whodidit.org/cocon.html

It was a simple off the shelf hatchet job as is done on any public figure the NWO want to destroy.

Here's the old thread from earlier this year...
BBC2 9/11 Conspiracy Files - debriefing
http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=7264

But the revelations that came out as an indirect result of Smith's distorted documentary were much more fascinating. Namely the marvellous Jane Standley episode.

Link

Link

Just for the record if anyone's new to this. Certainly this whole episode was one helluva newsroom curiosity.

Can anyone find out what that chump Richard Porter's career path was? Remember him the boss of BBC World. Was he one of the accountants the BBC recruited in the early 1990s to turn into producers? (I joke not, they did!)

Pull the other one lizard man
http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=8017

We should demand an explanation from Jane Standley and her producer and editor. Not this Guy Smith upstart who has recieved his latest orders, he must DEFEND THE BRAND.

At the very least he should tell us the names of the producer and editor on the day as well as the news feeds and other sources they were relying on. Unless he feels he wants to protect the murderers??

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
SHERITON HOTEL
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the BBC were being forced to make a public apology for Guy Smith's 'Conspiracy Files 9/11' Confused
Mick Meaney

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHERITON HOTEL wrote:
I thought the BBC were being forced to make a public apology for Guy Smith's 'Conspiracy Files 9/11' Confused

Nope, not yet. They (the BBC) are currently analyzing the shows meeting minutes.. I'll PM you in a sec with details.

SchNews
SHERITON HOTEL
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When is (creepy) Collins having Guy Smith on, do we know? I lost two hours sleep last night listening to inane drivel as some one had said "Thursday". (Technically Thursday's Collins show was yesterday morning so did I miss it anyone know?)
Mick Meaney

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know it's being aired on Tuesday morning.. don't know what time though.
SchNews
Thermate911
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As far as I know it's being aired on Tuesday morning.. don't know what time though.

Let me guess.

5 am?

In a sub-basement?

Without a ladder or a light?

Oh, sorry, sliding off into Douglas Adams territory here...

Look - the MSM (including TalkGarbage) is and will never again in our lifetimes be anything but a 'Ministry of Truth'.

Forget them. We Are Change is the way forward...
jahschild
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: BBC = Bavarian Brainwashing Corporation Reply with quote

Smith is bonkers, he cocks it up big time, as someone pointed out, the tape over dubbing the BBC added to the sound-track just before the woman says 'there was a call saying a Hyjacking was in progress heading for New York'
Then the next clip with the added 'camera shaking enharncement nonsense' she says 'But the Pilots didn't know which way to go, so they headed out to sea.'
That is a good question to put to Smith. Is that his real name, I wonder?

But hey, he is being interviewd by the same people he lies for, what are you expecting?

They are just taking the piss out of us all, everyday even today, they laugh at us, in their secret Masonic meetings they have, just before they come to our meetings, to put on a show of division, to further intrench the factions, and morons who follow them.

Why on Earth has not all this already brought down the entire global despot already?
Why?
Because its a game of humiliation just to see how much they can ignor and riddicule the general populace, and how long they can do it for.

Ment, taken from Latin/Greek, Mente = Mind
Government = Control Mind.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SHERITON HOTEL
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did no-one listen last night? Ian Neal,I think it was, phoned in representing this web-site and said this site was down feeding the two wags the opportunity to entertain us with... "maybe its a conspiracy" . Ian did mention the Jersey girls and family steering Cmmt's stuggle to get a 911 commission in the fist place and how 75% of the families questions were not asked.

Collins showed his ignorance when a truther caller from liverpool talked about the FBI's confiscation of all the local private business and freeway CCTV that might have revealed what hit the Pentagon 9/11 saying to the caller (I kid you not) "you just made that up!" and,pejoritively, that "you read it on some website" He must have been briefed over his headphones by better informed colleagues that it was the case the FBI had comandeered all local CCTV evidence as he changed his position to something about US national security being compromised by these films. Didn't the better shills used to say they'd prejudice the Mussauwi court case?

The guy bringing the disinformation case against the BBC over 'Conspiracy Files 9/11'e-mailed in his grievances, Collins said he couldn't understand the posting and didn't adress any of his points.
SHERITON HOTEL
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Collins also came out with the pearl of wisdom something to the effect that 'the FBI might have S-U-G-G-E-S-T-E-D to local Pentagon 911 businesses that they might help out the US government by surrendering the films to aid the enquiry' Rolling Eyes[/i]
keithm
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian collins always brags about going to parliament to watch PMQs and also goes on about hanging around the bbc and sky tv studio's every week.

there is something very creepy about him,maybe he's a mason or something.
Linda
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian Collins is a waste of space. I stopped listening to his programs along time ago, he is a prize pratt.
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I did appear. it was recorded last thursday but I've yet to hear the recording. Although I didn't think I said anything 'wrong', I didn't feel I did very well. I didn't pin him down or make him squirm and he was there to be challenged.

With hindsight (which is a glorious thing) I would have tried to pin him down on his comment that he thought there was a conspiracy by the Bush administration in covering up the 'mistakes' of 9/11. Which invites the question what he believes was covered-up, in what ways did the commission mislead and lie to us and who was involved in this conspiracy (to cover-up).

The campaign website (www.911truthcampaign.net) was down at the time of the recording although thankfully Mick has restored normal service. Thanks Mick.
SHERITON HOTEL
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How were they taking calls, texts and e-mails if it was recorded last Thursday? Confused

How do the BBC ,Talksport, Collins and Guy Smith get away with this tripe?
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was tripe (atleast the half hour I had to listen to down the phone before my 5 mins). I emailed them on thursday PM having read the details on this thread and they replied within 1/2 hour. I presume they choose to record it in order to allow themselves the security of being able to edit the programme rather than have to manage a live phone-in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: