FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

250,000 qualified teachers no longer at work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The War On Children, Marriage and the Family
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: 250,000 qualified teachers no longer at work Reply with quote

More than 250,000 qualified teachers no longer work in England's schools, the Conservative Party says.

And nearly 100,000 switched careers between 2000 and 2005 - more than double the number that left in the preceding five-year period.

The Tories say their findings - based on government figures - point to rising numbers leaving the profession because of poor class discipline and red tape.

But Schools Minister Jim Knight said recruitment was "buoyant".

Shadow schools secretary Michael Gove said teaching talent was "going to waste".

Mr Gove said: "Not only are our children not achieving as they should, talented teachers are not where they should be - in the classroom, opening young minds to new horizons.

"With more than quarter of a million gifted professionals no longer in teaching, we have to ask why they've given up on education under Labour."

He said teachers needed to be freed from "government micro-management" to enable them to "inspire and give them the tools to enforce discipline so that schools have access to the widest range of talent"................
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/education/7161071.stm

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
kbo234
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote a fairly strong post for the 'Have Your Say' section associated with this article.

No posts have been published on this thread.

Perhaps teachers reacted very badly to Mr Knight's "buoyant' bull****.

Teachers who have walked away from the system really are the best people to nail the issues and authentically condemn all that is truly objectionable about education in 2007.

....but we can't have that, can we auntie?
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did you say there, can you remember??

You won't get the BBC censorship here

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
kbo234
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In one way it is encouraging to hear that 250,000 qualified teachers have left the profession in the last few years.

At last we can clearly see a real symptom of a real sickness....and this is a sickness that demands a complete and thorough diagnosis and a determined course of treatment.

As someone who walked out of a secondary comprehensive at the beginning of November, I'd like to offer a little insight into the 'system' for those who don't know what could be causing this disaster.

First, the big picture.

There are two parallel agendas being delivered through our education system (as through just about every other government system).

The first is government's fixation on 'standards'. 'Standards' dominate every debate in education. This is the phony agenda.....the, as Disraeli called it, 'public pretext'. This is the agenda that always has and always will fail. It has to keep failing in order to drive on and further empower the real agenda.....

.....the real agenda is the control agenda.....this is the agenda that must and does succeed.

In fact, because our approach to the problem is entirely inappropriate, the more we struggle to improve standards the more standards fall. This causes ever-more obsessive focusing on the behaviour of everyone within this failing system and, obviously, ever more determined and fiendish plans to improve our performances and, thus control our behaviour.

We are tormented and we torment others with demands and plans that are only cunning when you understand who is creating them and why. The think-tank controllers are cunning indeed. We are, sadly, very much a nation of Baldricks.

.......and we get to the place that we are now, with everyone absolutely hacked of and browbeaten by obvious failure in spite of an ever-increasing workload. The children, thankfully, tend to be less distressed and intimidated by these things than the staff.....so they play up......driving down standards......creating the need for our friends in the think-tanks to come up with more control via newer, more sophisticated management strategies and demands on staff.

In spite of all this and the fact that teachers and, shamefully, their unions attempt to fully comply with all the ridiculous demands placed upon them......the nature of the system is becoming clear to more and more people.

It cannot, I believe, survive in the long term......unless the bankers achieve the NWO they seek (and then control will be complete and enforcement will not be via think-tanks but rather, as in Soviet Russia, through murder and sheer terror).

We should realise, as the bankers do, that the education system is a very important battleground.

By the way, the chief inspector of schools in 1900, a Mr. Holmes, wrote a report for the government stating that the new tendency to standardisation and mass-compulsion within the British Education system was likely to produce a society of "sheep, not men". He was sacked, I believe.....

.......but sheep we are. Almost everyone in education knows deep down that the whole Ofsted exercise is utter bollox and that the National Curriculum is inappropriate and, in all kinds of ways, an ongoing disaster........yet few there are who are prepared to try and do anything about it?
Caz
Last Chance Saloon
Last Chance Saloon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to keep the kids occupied, so they go to school. And you have to keep the adults occupied, they teach them in school.

One very big fish bowl full of adults and kids.
Sherlock Holmes
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kbo234 wrote:

As someone who walked out of a secondary comprehensive at the beginning of November, I'd like to offer a little insight into the 'system' for those who don't know what could be causing this disaster.

kbo234 I'm sad to see another great teacher from a comprehensive school, the most dedicated and best educated leave the education system in this country.

My old chemistry teacher from my A-Level days, who would be in his mid/late 40s now, plays in a band for money as and when he can, I honestly found that quite distressing when I heard it. I knew he was really angry with the situation in teaching when I visited him about 10 years ago, when I had just graduated from University. You can't replace people like that.

Meanwhile we have this:

conspiracy analyst
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problems as I see it aren't those that have left.
But those that remain.

They are allegedly employed in ...education which is becoming so dumbed down that you wont need to be able to write a sentence on paper soon to get a degree.

Just turning up with your credit card will guarantee you a place.
kbo234
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

conspiracy analyst wrote:
The problems as I see it aren't those that have left.
But those that remain.

Well, yes. The majority of (mostly) young staff completely accept all the rubbish and just get on with delivering the social engineering and coping with the rudeness and chaos as best they can.

.....although many, particularly older staff, do 'get it' but are trapped and have nowhere else to go, as they see it.
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The demise of our education system has been going on for years.

It's only a problem for those who still cling to the belief that UK plc actually still needs masses of educated natives.

Once you get over that assumption, all becomes clear.

Caz
Last Chance Saloon
Last Chance Saloon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought you might appreciate this, and it happened in 1999.

http://www.snopes.com/lost/fraction.htm

Quote:
The Mississippi state legislature removed fractions and decimal points from the mathematics curriculum of public secondary schools.

In the state curriculum I don't see fractions..... (No more of the 'eat half your dinner' from your mother!) But maybe they do fractions in primary school; maybe it all gets a bit much in secondary school.

http://www.mde.k12.ms.us/acad/id/curriculum/Math/index.htm

Quote:
It envisions knowledgeable teachers who have adequate support and ongoing access to professional development, a curriculum that is mathematically rich and which provides students with opportunities to learn important mathematical concepts and procedures with understanding, and students who have access to technologies that broaden and deepen their understanding of mathematics. For information on this exciting document....... Confused (Ed)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The War On Children, Marriage and the Family All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: