FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello from the North East

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Gathering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris Walsh
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Hello from the North East Reply with quote

Hello, my name is quite evident, but I've been lurking on these boards for a while now and have decided it's about time I registered and added my 2p to the many debates that go on here.

I'm a TV subtitler by day and last week I decided to email Dylan Avery and ask if he wanted me to subtitle LCFC and he got Tim Sparke to ring me and I'm going ahead with it. When I spoke with Tim he was telling me about the BBC possibly doing a documentary on just Building Seven, which I found to be quite interesting. I don't know if this is old news or anything but I got the impression from what he was saying that some of the production team were very sympathetic to the 9/11 Truth Movement and wanted to accurately represent some of the theories surrounding WTC7. I hope that this does go ahead because it will surely wake up lots of people.

So, if any of you know anyone who is deaf or hard of hearing who wants to see Loose Change and was wondering if it was being subtitled for DVD release, it now is. I just decided that although there are lots of good transcriptions online in other languages, the DVD could do with some English closed captions for release.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and also say how appalled I am that Ron Paul is being censored even more than he was a few weeks ago. I just went on the BBC website and they don't even list him as a nominee!

Please join me in complaining and follow this link. We've had victories before with the BBC over censorship, so let's all give it some effort and see if they make any changes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/make_complaint_step1.shtml

Chris
paul wright

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris. How very nice to see you here. A subtitler is a very special skill. And not only for the deaf. An aware subtitler can properly interpret the newspeak and doublethink of the politicians. I hope you put your skills to good use apart ,of course , from the hearing impaired
The constant exclusion of Ron Paul from the reported debate is a marvel of media censorship to behold, of course
Good to see you here

KP50
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Chris,

I have family members who are Deaf so I have spent much time in my life watching the news with the subtitles on - yes, even in NZ they manage to subtitle on one channel. As far as publicising a subtitled version, you should start with

http://bda.org.uk/

and then maybe move onto

www.rnid.org.uk

The Deaf community suffers generally through a lack of access to information - and a lot of Deaf people are preyed upon by certain religious groups, who are usually after their money. I would recommend being very careful about how you approach them (as with any group who believe what they see on the news).

Nick in New Zealand (from Shropshire).
Chris Walsh
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the encouraging replies, guys.

Indeed my nack for listening and interpreting does come in handy when picking up on politicians in general doublethinking and doublespeaking. It also makes me realise, through subtitling some of the programmes I do for mainstream TV, that the English language and this country's grasp of it is severely declining.

As for the deaf and hard of hearing folks, I work alongside a few of them and I agree that they are in desperate need of more access to the kind of information that we discuss here. It would surely be of more help to them in life than religious groups exploiting their vulnerability.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Gathering All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: