FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BBC Radio 4 'Start the Week' on 'Conspiracy Theories'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outsider
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:52 am    Post subject: BBC Radio 4 'Start the Week' on 'Conspiracy Theories' Reply with quote

This was brought to my attention by email yesterday:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/factual/starttheweek.shtml

7 January 2008

This week Andrew Marr is joined by David Reynolds, Penny Gold, Ivan O'Mahoney and Damian Thompson.

From Neville Chamberlain's dramatic flights to meet Hitler in 1938 to Blair and Bush's negotiations on Iraq, summits have seen world leaders forging intense personal relationships that have had far-reaching consequences. Historian DAVID REYNOLDS analyses how world leaders from Kennedy to Gorbachev regarded their opponents and how the disastrous meetings of Munich and Moscow still hold lessons for successful summitry today. Summits: Six Meetings that Shaped the Twentieth Century is published by Allen Lane and the accompanying TV series starts on BBC Four on 30 January.

The playwright PENNY GOLD is also interested in how we view historical events. In her latest play, The President's Holiday, she uses extracts from Raisa Gorbachev's diary to gain an insight into the attempted coup in 1991 that saw the family confined to their Black Sea dacha. The story explores the crumbling of Mikhail Gorbachev's political ideals and the betrayal of political allies. The President's Holiday opens at Hampstead Theatre, London on 17 January. It then moves to the Nuffield Theatre Southampton from 20 February.

Our images of Iraq are largely those on our news programmes of politicians, soldiers and insurgents. We see explosions and killings and follow the political wrangling. But the film maker IVAN O'MAHONEY and his co-director Laura Winter have instead given air time to The Boys of Baghdad High, 17-year-old boys who film their own lives for a year. We see them take substantial risks to attend school every day and chart the growing tensions as the security and economic situation deteriorates. The Boys from Baghdad High will be shown on BBC Two on Tuesday 8 January at 9.00pm.

The US Government was behind 9/11, a Chinese fleet reached America before Columbus and the structure of a cell is too complex to have evolved through natural selection: all examples of what journalist and writer DAMIAN THOMPSON has classed as 'counterknowledge.' And, he argues, we're facing a pandemic of it as, helped by the internet, spurious claims and unproven theories are blurring the distinction between truth and fiction to dangerous effect. Counterknowledge: How we surrendered to conspiracy theories, quack medicine, bogus science and fake history is published by Atlantic Books.

spiv
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject: says it on the tin.... Reply with quote

"Counterknowledge: How we surrendered to conspiracy theories, quack medicine, bogus science and fake history is published by Atlantic Books"

This says it all, doesn't it? No reasoning, discussion, open mindedness - just talking heads with closed minds not even asking searching questions.

I, for one, won't be wasting time listening to the pre-judged tripe, nor wasting money on the book.
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When what humanity classes as "normal" is so deeply disfunctional as to be wrecking the planet and placing the whole species in jeprody, a "plague of disbelief" is exactly what might just turn us around and get us out of the mess

Damian thomson is defending the indefensible becuase he thinks its safer than the alternative: it certainly isnt, the system is killing us and stealing our childrens future

Thermate911
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"A pandemic of counterknowledge?

Wonderful innit, the euphemisms trotted out by the Beeb to cover up for the simple word 'lies'... Is this Damian character any relation to the head honcho?

Viva la pandemica!

"Timely Demise to All Oppressors - at their Convenience!" - 'Interesting Times', Terry Pratchett
Sherlock Holmes
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:04 am    Post subject: Re: says it on the tin.... Reply with quote

spiv wrote:
"Counterknowledge: How we surrendered to conspiracy theories, quack medicine, bogus science and fake history is published by Atlantic Books"

This says it all, doesn't it? No reasoning, discussion, open mindedness - just talking heads with closed minds not even asking searching questions.

I, for one, won't be wasting time listening to the pre-judged tripe, nor wasting money on the book.

None of these talking heads have done any investigation outside of what they have been programmed by the mass controlled media, are they capable of independent thought? I very much doubt it.

In particular it's clearly an old strategy being employed by the Barstewards Broadcasting Corruption as follows:

1. Lump together Elvis, Space Aliens, Reptilians, Quack Medicine, NPT, Space Beams alongside serious investigation into 9/11 and 7/7.

2. Put forward some leading cocksure technicians of the 'chattering classes' who will sit around agreeing with what the street sign says but disagreeing over what colour it should be.

Have any of them looked at the scientific evidence of 9/11 and 7/7 in particular? I very much doubt it, they aren't capable. Would these self-opinionated liberals understand the impossibilities involved in making liquid explosives in your bedroom or living room or even kitchen.

Or could they appreciate the statistical impossibilities of conducting drills at the exact same stations, of the exact same scenario occurring, at the exact same time, when the real terrorist attacks occurred?

Would they understand the following:

Potential energy + Kinetic energy must always = a constant.

That is to say e=mgh (potential energy); e=1/2*m*v^2 (Kinetic Energy) = a constant to satisfy the fundamental energy conservation law. And what it means to say that, when the twin towers disintegrated (that is to say turned largely to dust) in 10 seconds, these laws were defied unless you include the use of explosives to provide the energy required.

This is clearly classic BBC propaganda, and one of the reasons why I haven't had a television licence, thus watched television, for over a year. The last time I tuned into BBC radio, about 6 months ago, I was left quite nauseas after less than 5 minutes. The BBC and British main stream media in general, represents the facetious, asinine, bourgeois sewer and must be treated as such.

Quote:
Nan-in, a Japanese master during the Meiji era received a university professor who came to inquire about wisdom.

Nan-in served tea. He poured his visitor’s cup full, and then kept on pouring.

The professor watched the overflowing cup, until he could no longer restrain himself. ‘It’s overfull, no more will go in!’

‘Like this cup,’ Nan-in said, ‘you are full of your own opinions and speculations. How can I show you understanding, wisdom or Zen, unless you first empty your cup?’

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes on Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
SHERITON HOTEL
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't that professional aethiest Dawkins chap saying something similar/identical?Is it a conspiracy? Hasn't Professor Jones latest research almost conclusively found the 'smoking gun' in the WTC dust? (see Xenomorph911's youtube channel favourites).
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thermate911 wrote:
"A pandemic of counterknowledge?

Wonderful innit, the euphemisms trotted out by the Beeb to cover up for the simple word 'lies'... Is this Damian character any relation to the head honcho?

Viva la pandemica!

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/ukcorrespondents/holysmoke/jan08/conspira cyofcounterknowledge.htm
conspiracy analyst

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did catch some parts of it.

The conflict with Russia is hotting up obviously as they presented the facts that Putin or the FSB were responsible for blowing up apartment buildings in Moscow to justify a Chechen war.

If they continue the Russians will respond in kind announcing that Bush was in on 9/11?
Thermate911
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a ghastly place to get quoted, Ian. LOL.

I note they don't answer any of our questions, though. Surprise surprise... Rolling Eyes

Doubtful whether they would quote my latest opinion of their tactics:-
http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?p=106832

"Timely Demise to All Oppressors - at their Convenience!" - 'Interesting Times', Terry Pratchett
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: