FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No jail for Swiss charity pedophile whistleblower

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The War On Children, Marriage and the Family
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: No jail for Swiss charity pedophile whistleblower Reply with quote

Mrs Campbell, 45, said Swiss charity Terre Des Hommes-Lausanne was wasting donors' money pushing the case through the courts when it should have been apologising to and compensating victims.

UK teacher 'delighted' to be free

A British teacher who faced jail for her role in exposing an abuse scandal at an Ethiopian children's home has said she is "delighted" to be free.
But Jill Campbell condemned the charity that pursued defamation charges against her and her husband over her exposure of abuse at its home.
Mrs Campbell, 45, said Swiss charity Terre Des Hommes-Lausanne was wasting donors' money pushing the case through the courts when it should have been apologising to and compensating victims.
Mrs Campbell said she would have been prepared to serve the possible six-month sentence as a way of drawing attention to the case.
She said she and her husband Gary had spoken to her two adopted 10-year-old children and explained her reasons for not backing down.
She refused to apologise to the charity over claims it had covered up the actions of paedophiles at its home in the village of Jari.
She was convicted of defamation by a court in Addis Ababa but because she refused to say sorry, was due to go to prison until the charity backed down.
She said: "Obviously I'm very happy but it's very difficult because I wanted to draw attention to the case.
"Terre Des Hommes have backed down at the last minute ... I think because Gary has apologised. They are going to use that and say that because of that there is no case to answer.
"As far as I'm concerned the matter isn't over. There are victims who still do not have an apology or compensation, and until they get that nothing has changed."
http://www.sleafordstandard.co.uk/latest-national-news/UK-teacher-avoi ds-Ethiopian-jail.3854848.jp

Quote:
Whistleblower in pedophilia case could face jail

USA TODAY

ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia (AP) — A British teacher is facing up to six months in jail after being convicted of defamation for comments she made in exposing pedophiles at a children's charity in Ethiopia 10 years ago.

Jill Campbell and her husband Gary compiled evidence in 1999 that helped convict the director of an Ethiopian orphanage run by the Swiss charity Terre Des Hommes-Lausanne. The charity acknowledged the abuse took place, but brought a successful defamation case against the Campbells for their claims that the charity's senior staff covered up the scandal.

Jill Campbell will be sentenced Friday.

"We asked them to stop defaming us and they said no," said Colin Tucker, child protection manager for Terre Des Hommes in Switzerland. "Then the court asked them to stop defaming us and she said no again. If she goes to jail it's because she put the finger to the judge."

The Campbells, who have lived in Ethiopia for more than a decade, have drawn wide support in Ethiopia. group formed to support them, Stop Institutional Pedophilia in Ethiopia, said the charity is "forcing Gary and Jill to apologize for blowing the whistle and stopping the chain of homosexual abusers victimizing orphans."

Gary Campbell issued a public apology for the comments last month, then said he did so only because nobody would be able to care for the couple's children if they both went to jail.

The Campbells' report on sexual abuse prompted the charity to apologize and leave Ethiopia. In 2003, an Ethiopian court sentenced orphanage director David Christie to nine years of hard labor for abusing several young boys.

The report included testimony from several young boys at the orphanage, including one who said he had been at the orphanage run by TdH in the northeastern town of Jari.

"I thought I was lucky to have been chosen to sleep with this man, I was a vulnerable young boy with no knowledge of the world that existed outside Jari," the boy, who went by the initial G., says in the report. "I trusted white men who had, on the surface, appeared to make Jari a good place to live in."

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
Marie
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Terr des Hommes Switzerland Reply with quote

I assure you Terre des Hommes Switzerland needs a closer look. With an anual turnover of 28 million euros they are major.
So how come they did not fully expose this case, helped the children, and also the UK teacher.
A funny bird, Terre des Hommes Switzerland.

Read more here :
http://poundpuplegacy.org/node/14937

Quote:
While this all sounds wise and compassionate and although Marlene Hoffstetter has written about child trafficing and illegal adoption in the 2004 paper International Adoption, The Global Baby Chace (I assume a misspelling for chase), Mrs Hoffstetter herself is responsible for the adopions done by Terre des Homme Switzerland. That by itself places this report in a different light, especially since her agency works together with Missionarie della Carita (Missionary of Charity Sisters). The former is probably less known than its founder, the both famous and infamous Mother Theresa.

Mother Teresa's orphanages in India have been a long standing source for international adoption and are known to have a shady track record. Why is it Terre des Homme Switzerland as of this day has been doing business with the Charity Sisters for twenty years, while at the same time publishes reports on child trafficking. Would the stipend of $500,000 from USAID have anything to do with that? Is it just business at both sides of the fence?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The War On Children, Marriage and the Family All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: