FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bush Video Deception

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex_V
Wrecker
Wrecker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Bush Video Deception Reply with quote

I just wanted to respond to a thread on one of the other forums here...

http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=13489

It's a link to a George Bush interview done with Israeli television, but it has clearly been re-edited for youtube and Bush's comments twisted out of context. Here's the original interview in full...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ru9bKzyAzY

What I don't understand is that it appears so utterly obvious that the re-edited conversation makes no sense, and that the footage has been fiddled with, yet people seem so oblivious to the deception, both in the youtube comments and on this site... I despair sometimes.
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't understand the case for either side to be honest. i did'nt hear anything along the lines of admitting to have a plan to attack iran, unless iran attacked israel, which is understandable, however in the age of false flag also worrying.

at the same time, yes the video had the first comment taken out after the question was asked. however i don't feel it was information that was important or would give a different impression if it was left in. even watching the edited version, i never heard anything saying he would attack iran unless isreal was attacked so i never came to that conclusion.

it should of been made clear it was edited, but i would'nt go as far as deception.

if i watched the edited version and bush said "yes we will attack iran regardless" then watched the unedited version and he said "we will defend our allies if iran attack" both leaving different impressions, then i would say it was deception.

i watched both videos and both videos leave the same impression, it was edited for lenght or to highlight a certain part, the only complaint i'd have is it was'nt made clear it was an edited down version of the interview.

who knows, the clip may not of been edited by the poster. news channels often show live/or long versions of interviews, then shorten it down and repeat it through the day. so theres nothing strange about it. maybe your jumping to conclusions about who edited it. if it was the news channel themselves, it would paint a totally different picture on your deception claim.
Alex_V
Wrecker
Wrecker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marky you are utterly wrong on this - the first video has been edited, bits of replies have been added onto other replies, it is utter deception.

marky 54 wrote:
i don't understand the case for either side to be honest. i did'nt hear anything along the lines of admitting to have a plan to attack iran, unless iran attacked israel, which is understandable, however in the age of false flag also worrying.

Look at the first video - it makes no mention of Iran attacking Israel, which in the genuine video is the only context in which Bush threatens military action.

Here's one of the statements Bush makes in the first video...

"The US always has maintained a military option, but I haven't gotten there yet, I've got too much to do".

The first part of the sentence comes from a question about Iran, but the second half of it comes from a later question about what he plans to do in his retirement. Utter calculated deception. Most of the genuine interview is about his personal reflections on ending his presidency, and bits of that have been lifted and stuck onto questions about Iran to make it sound like he is planning direct military action, which is something he never mentions in the genuine interview.

Quote:
it should of been made clear it was edited, but i would'nt go as far as deception.

i watched both videos and both videos leave the same impression, it was edited for lenght or to highlight a certain part, the only complaint i'd have is it was'nt made clear it was an edited down version of the interview.

who knows, the clip may not of been edited by the poster. news channels often show live/or long versions of interviews, then shorten it down and repeat it through the day. so theres nothing strange about it. maybe your jumping to conclusions about who edited it. if it was the news channel themselves, it would paint a totally different picture on your deception claim.

Utterly. utterly wrong Marky - I am really shocked that you would defend it.
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hold your horses.

im going to recheck it, maybe i missed the bit you pointed out. ill get back to you on it.

in the meantime, are you able to say who edited it? because even if your are right, there needs to be some sort of indication as to who edited it, rather than assuming it was the poster.

because as i have said, if it was the news channel who edited it, it would throw a different angle on your deception claim.

did the poster just link what they saw on a news channel, or did they edit a news report and then show it?
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the video has been removed by the user.

i sat here and wrote down word for word, what was said in the full version of the interview. i then clicked on the shorter version to compare it point for point. 'this video has been removed by the user'.

take from it what you will. it makes it impossible for me to prove anything on the particular video, if you can find a link or the video in question, then i can continue to do what i was going to do. which is provide the full script of the full video and then highlight all the parts that appear in the edited version. so we can clearly see what was chopped out or ignored.

it does seem strange the video has been took down, once this thread is made discussing its content.
Alex_V
Wrecker
Wrecker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see youtube taking some sort of responsibility for what is posted. I can't find the vid now, or the other postings of the same edited version. The original interview is still there though.
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex_V wrote:
Good to see youtube taking some sort of responsibility for what is posted. I can't find the vid now, or the other postings of the same edited version. The original interview is still there though.

it says it was moved by the user. would it say that if youtube were the ones to pull it?
Alex_V
Wrecker
Wrecker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not, you are right. Either way the edited video seems to have been removed from youtube full stop, which can only be good news.
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Errrrr.... why is that>???

I would have thought it better to keep it there so we can compare them?

Alex_V wrote:
Probably not, you are right. Either way the edited video seems to have been removed from youtube full stop, which can only be good news.

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: