FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Expecting trouble in t'Gulf?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Articles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Expecting trouble in t'Gulf? Reply with quote

NAVY TAKES CONTROL OF IRAQ OIL PLATFORMS

Navy Takes Control Of Iraq Oil Platforms
By: thisisplymouth.co.uk on: 26.03.2008

Royal Navy sailors and Royal Marines from Plymouth have taken over the protection of Iraq's oil platforms in the Northern Arabian Gulf.

The Royal Navy has officially taken command of the Coalition Maritime Forces in the area which provide security for two important platforms.

These platforms generate 93 per cent of Iraq's gross domestic product, and their safety is seen as vital to the country's growth and prosperity.

Devonport-based Type 22 frigate HMS Campbeltown - supported by RFA Cardigan Bay - is currently working to defend the platforms.

It is also acting as a base for the training of Iraqi personnel.

Commodore Duncan Potts, RN, took the helm from outgoing Commodore Allan du Toit, of the Royal Australian Navy.

Command of the Task Force is rotated between the UK, US and Australia.

The UK last held command of the area, known as CTF158, in July 2007, and will now command the task force until August.

Working alongside the Iraqi forces, the CTF158 mission includes training the Iraqi Navy and Marines to eventually take over the task themselves.

Speaking at the handover, Commodore Potts said: "My staff and I have trained hard, and feel prepared for this period of command.

"We have a very important mission to conduct, and I am content that I have the right people, ships and aircraft to robustly achieve the level of stability that is needed in this area.

"While Iraqi territorial waters may be small, I see them as the umbilical cord that feeds much of the Iraqi economy. Consequently, the security of the offshore oil infrastructure and shipping into and out of Iraq will be my constant focus."

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
fish5133
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now who has the capability or motive to possibly attack these oil rigs? I doubt very much some of the militia groups in Iraq have aircraft or ships. Now of course we have Iran weve seen their little speed boats splash US ships but they have no incentive do they?. I suppose that leaves the door open for a false flag blame Al CIAda type event and keep UK troops in Iraq so Mr Brown doesnt have to hold an inquiry into the lies surrounding our illegal invasion of that country.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Articles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: