FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Block of Flats fire - 7 storey structural collapse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jomper
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Block of Flats fire - 7 storey structural collapse Reply with quote

A fire at a seven storey block of flats under construction in Edinburgh has caused a "massive" structural collapse.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/7332817.stm

I'm posting this link because, in the picture, it looks like all seven stories of the building's frame have, so far at least, survived. Minor point...
Lee
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The story says "massive structural collapse" but they only show the structure on fire. No doubt the debunkers will be sniffing around this story with glee but it would be interesting to know how long the structure burned for before the collapse and just how much collapse was actually involved.

Given that it was only partially constructed it's not really surprising that a collapse ensued. Any scots know any more about this?

Let's hope it burned for over an hour...purely for evidential reasons of course.

Just found this...

http://news.scotsman.com/edinburgh/100-evacuated-as-blaze-destroys.395 2643.jp

Quote:
Colin Belford, who saw the flames from Easter Road stadium, said: "I was watching the game and I noticed the smoke just before half-time.

"It was smoking first and it became flames soon after that. I've just spoken to a fireman, and they are pulling back because they think the building is going to cave in."

Football fans left the stadium after the match to find their vehicles parked close to the blaze site.

"I went to the toilet at half-time and I saw the fire when I came back," said Nicola Moon. "I came out of the stadium and saw how close the fire was to my car."

The quote from Mr Belford suggests that it was burning for at least 45mins or longer before it collapsed.

Note how he says it was smoking just before half time, then when he leaves the stadium he speaks to a firemen who says he thinks the building might collapse.

It doesn't say the stadium was evacuated so the match was completed. That takes us up to 4.45pm at least. Then added time. It also takes a while to get out of a busy stadium.

Unless he left before full time I would suggest that he would have reached the outside at around 4.55pm, then spent a couple of minutes looking at the blaze then a couple more speaking to the fireman, so that's at least an hour.

Confirmation would be useful about the time and nature of the collapse but I bet it wasn't free fall speed. Wink
Serge
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has to be a fake surely?. The people in the scotsman link are superimposed into the image.
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serge wrote:
This has to be a fake surely?. The people in the scotsman link are superimposed into the image.

I don't know about that Serge

But being as this clearly isn't a steel framed building and no-one appears to have been hurt or killed, there dosn't seem much reason to care

fish5133
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given my 25 years experience in the construction industry as a chartered surveyor and Estimator looking at the photos (without further knowledge) it raises a number of questions.

If it was steel framed with concrete floors given the point of construction with scaffold still around the outside I doubt if there would have been enough combustible material to cause such a huge blaze from ground to top floor which raises questions

If, as is common these days the building was a combination of steel and timber framing its quite understandable how the blaze could start and spread so quickly and a "massive" structural failure of structural timber framing would be of no surprise and not a comparison with the WTCs.

Given the BBCs prior knowledge of WTC7 collapse and its hit piece on 911 Conspiracies it seems questionable their use of the phrase "massive" structural collapse which echoes the words of one of the so called eyewitnesses the American news channels interviewed just after the collapse who had solved the collapse

Lee
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John White wrote:
Serge wrote:

there dosn't seem much reason to care

I would say that there is. Especially when it's a case of a partially built steel frame construction which burned over an hour before any hint of collapse. We still don't know how long it burned before it allegedly collapsed.

It's something to consider as a parallel to 9/11's "collapses". Seeing as it doesn't happen very often.

What we know so far is that it withstood massive flames for over an hour.
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So.

What burned ?

Lee
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Gobell wrote:
So.

What burned ?

Well it's not clear yet. The story doesn't say.

If the structure had scaffold around it then the wooden beams used as walkways?

Partially built walls, stairways, insulation?
fish5133
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlikely scaffold planks would burn like that in the photo. Looks like inside and throughout the building .
Lee
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish5133 wrote:
Unlikely scaffold planks would burn like that in the photo. Looks like inside and throughout the building .

The planks aflame would have added to the photo image of the size of the fire though, but again it really does depend on the stage of construction.
Disco_Destroyer
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry guys they have huge piles of rubble unlike WTC
Quote:
Tom Kane, Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: "We don't as yet know the cause of the fire because there are massive piles of rubble following a number of internal collapses.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/7334236.stm

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See also in pictures http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/7333187.stm

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
outsider

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look very closely at the small shed in the bottom left corner of previous picture, you might just be able to see Osama scuttling away in it's shadow in his wheelchair, clutching his dialysis equiptment.
It helps if you wear 3-D glasses and cadge some of David's mushrooms!

Pugwash
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prior to this, there are 2 instances of fires alone causing structural damage to steel framed buildings. These were completed buildings albeit the buildings were not multi-story and failure was only partial
These instances were however due to steel distortions by fire alone.
The point is non-chemical fires fueled by atmospheric oxygen alone CANNOT melt steel as is evident from film evidence of the twin towers collapse. Arguments regarding the design and constuction of the buildings in question are an irrelevance, fires such as these cannot melt steel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: