FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Boycott Tesco - run by far right control freaks
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Bigger Picture
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doos
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Boycott Tesco - run by far right control freaks Reply with quote

Tesco are trialling RFID item-level spy chips in their products. They are expanding the trial. Ultimately retailers want ALL manufactured products to be item-level tagged. Read what this means for your freedom.

http://www.boycotttesco.com./index.html

Don't let this happen. Don't go to Tesco. Write to your local store and tell them why you are boycotting them. Tell your friends. Don't go to Tesco.

Thank you
scubadiver
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even when I worked for Tesco for a year, I never shopped there! Laughing

EDIT: www.verylittlehelps.com. Website for employees, ex-employees and customers.

Last edited by scubadiver on Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Celtic King
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Boycott Tesco Reply with quote

Doos wrote:
Tesco are trialling RFID item-level spy chips in their products. They are expanding the trial. Ultimately retailers want ALL manufactured products to be item-level tagged. Read what this means for your freedom.

http://www.boycotttesco.com./index.html

Don't let this happen. Don't go to Tesco. Write to your local store and tell them why you are boycotting them. Tell your friends. Don't go to Tesco.

Thank you

Hi D... OK Morrisons it is then.... kind of makes you wonder why they would want to tag their food.... I dont get it... Confused I mean they know where we live - most of us live in houses probably not far from where the shop is? Confused

telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Boycott Tesco Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi D... OK Morrisons it is then.... kind of makes you wonder why they would want to tag their food.... I dont get it... Confused I mean they know where we live - most of us live in houses probably not far from where the shop is? Confused

Agreed, this makes no real sense - what exactly do Tesco's gain from chipping someone's shopping bag? Of course I can appreciate that it is the prelude to something more sinister and Big Brothery, but there is a Tesco's van outside my house, the centre of the 'O' is missing and a telephoto lens is poking out = so what?

Can anyone supply any real data as to how we should be concerned?

However, I understand Sainsbury's have gone one better and installed listening devices in their tinned tomatoes.

I completely challenge the official version of events - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC -I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC
chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm maybe subverting their slogan might create the necessary backlash.
- "Every little (we can find out about you by SPYING on you) helps".

One thing we do know for sure - Tone's Corporate Government plc isn't going to do a damn thing about it.

But people (apart from voyeurs obviously) generally hate spies and spying, so it's up to us.
Skeptic
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But they don't just sell food - if they were to tag clothes items that might lead to being able to track people

but with food I guess they could start invasive marketing and analyse which products people from different areas buy etc so they can stock their branches accordingly

just thinking aloud
Celtic King
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skeptic wrote:
But they don't just sell food - if they were to tag clothes items that might lead to being able to track people

but with food I guess they could start invasive marketing and analyse which products people from different areas buy etc so they can stock their branches accordingly

just thinking aloud

The Marketing department does that anyway I guess - just by keeping stock records of what they are selling and where... but I still cant find a reason why they would want to "track" their customers? Are they going to report us to the police if they find out we wondered into Sainsburys by mistake or something? Laughing Then we get charged for being "dis-loyal" or something under the new british anti-patriot anti-neo-con anti-elitist corporate bulls*t law... Laughing I think I am going insane.....

Skeptic
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha

I dunno, I guess the real question is how do the owners/ controllers of tesco relate to the government and what laws protect the information they gather about peoples' movements
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RFIDs are justified by business as a means of tracking goods and components through their supply chains. See here for examples of recent applications

http://www.rfidjournal.com/article/archive/1/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RFID

The justifiable concern comes from whether retailers deactivate (and are seen to deactivate) RFIDs at the point of sale. Failure to do so would make us all walking ID tags with obvious big brothery implications

http://www.notags.co.uk/
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4211591.stm
Skeptic
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ian neal wrote:

The justifiable concern comes from whether retailers deactivate (and are seen to deactivate) RFIDs at the point of sale. Failure to do so would make us all walking ID tags with obvious big brothery implications

http://www.notags.co.uk/
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4211591.stm

me and my Dad just came to this conclusion over lunch

thanks for the info!
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still unsure as to how this all ties together?;

Unless there is a big underground base with a bald guy with a cat on his lap watching thousands of dots moving across a map - then the 'tracking' is meaningless. I pay cash, I have never bought anything on credit at a supermarket and unless they can tie the 'tracker' I have inadvertantly purchased, to me, then I am just one of X number of moving signals.

How is the information received and collated? What form is the info received in and displayed? What is the range of the signal?

I can appreciate that in the event of a crime, any covert tag left inadvertantly at the scene might help to locate the perpetrator, but to simply 'boycott Tesco' with a 'they are taking your picture and tagging your stuff', is well, hardly new and until someone comes up with something to explain the downside, then as Tesco is within walking distance and Sainsbury's is not - it will remain my weapon of choice.

I completely challenge the official version of events - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC -I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC
Skeptic
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard suggestions that ID Cards will be used for all sales and pruchases (e.g. if you a pack of fags from a shop, the owner swipes his card, then you swipe yours and you're both tied to the transaction)

If the RFID tag was already in place you might be able to tie the item to the person who purchased it.

I dunno.
chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While it may not seem such a big deal at the moment - they're merely stock-tracking a few (million) grocery items after all, the thin end of the wedge view does have some validity here.

As the data capacity of these RFID chips inevitably increases, and they are conveniently found to be equally at home adding data and transmitting it to whoever or whatever street lamp data collector has the right access codes, the privacy implications will become more stark.

Of course, we all have nothing to hide whatsoever and shouldn't fear this at all.

In fact, just as soon as the government makes all it's little secrets public knowledge, then my objections will cease.
sr4470
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another step towards complete Big Brother.

At this rate I'll have to emigrate from here...Spain seems good.

Annie
9/11 Truth Organiser
9/11 Truth Organiser

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

telecasterisation wrote:
I am still unsure as to how this all ties together?;

Unless there is a big underground base with a bald guy with a cat on his lap watching thousands of dots moving across a map - then the 'tracking' is meaningless. I pay cash, I have never bought anything on credit at a supermarket and unless they can tie the 'tracker' I have inadvertantly purchased, to me, then I am just one of X number of moving signals.

What, you mean there's no bald guy with a cat? Another illusion shattered....

Even putting aside the high-tech concerns, what about what Tesco, and all the other supermarket chains, do to our environment and the ecosystems of foreign countries? What about the bullying of small food producers and the suppression of fair market prices? What about their increasing strangle-hold on consumer choice, the destruction of communities and high streets, their use of Third World child labour, and the need to have drive a car to your nearest superstore to buy cheap food and clothes?

I've been trying to boycott supermarket chains for years, but I keep getting sucked back in because of lack of resources. It's the ultimate irony that supermarket food is affordable to the poor, and you have to pay extra for natural organic food. Yet another twisted aspect to the NWO or whatever you want to call it.

But I do avoid Tesco!

sr4470
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annie wrote:
I've been trying to boycott supermarket chains for years, but I keep getting sucked back in because of lack of resources. It's the ultimate irony that supermarket food is affordable to the poor, and you have to pay extra for natural organic food. Yet another twisted aspect to the NWO or whatever you want to call it.

Dont forget Bliar's law that allows GM to be labelled as organic. Wink

iro
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i go to tesco late at nite cos im poor too and i cant afford to buy nice organics all the time etc.. i always talk to the staff who are pretty miserable on the whole and do my best to smile and have a laugh with them.

recently they introduced computerised checkouts - where the customer does it all themself - scans food, bags it and pays with a card all unsupervised. recently at night with a whpping full trolley of shopping i noticed that this computerised aisle was the only one 'open' and i refused to use it and asked a shelf stacker guy to get me a manager

she came over (by which time the staff were all chatting to me agreeing with me that it was just a ruse to make more money and cut back on their hours..particularly at night as they get paid more 12-8am) and this manager was very polite saying 'its the new thing' as if id love it just cos she said it was new...

..big mistake - i told her i had no desire to scan and bag my own shopping, if i wanted a job in tesco's id expect paid for it. She wasn't impressed and refused to open another human checkout - to which i said, 'ok then, you scan the food and ill bag it' ... and she called over 2 lackies to do it for me.

every time ive been back theres a manned checkout at night now.. looks like the public dont like this technotronic * at all. Tesco make criminal profits. this kind of cutting back is out of order and unnecessary - brings out the marxist in me grrrr

Shocked
chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ploy too far for me is these 'consumer outlets' produce and distribute all that waste and packaging, becoming rich enough to buy places in government, yet we the end users get left holding the bill for its disposal.
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point Chek.

As we all going to have the RFID wheelie bins via which our lovely local Politburos are inevitably going to start charging us for using by weight, to dipose of the Tesco RFID waste packaging that nobody ever asked for in the first place, then perhaps the RFID identified source of all this environmental polution that we have already paid for, will enable said Politburos to automatically bill Tescos.

An excellent use of technology I would say.

I remember reading in the IT trade journals when Tesco trialled this in their Cambridge store.

The "novelity" use to sell the RFID technology to Tesco's was to demonstrate how any customer buying Gillette razor blades would automatically be photographed without them knowing it.

I kid you not.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,1001211,00.html

Last edited by Mark Gobell on Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Gobell wrote:
Good point Chek.

As we all going to have the RFID wheelie bins via which our lovely local Politburos are inevitably going to start charging us for using by weight, to dipose of the Tesco RFID waste packaging that nobody ever asked for in the first place, then perhaps the RFID identified source of all this environmental polution that we have already paid for, will enable said Politburos to automatically bill Tescos.

An excellent use of technology I would say.

Smart move, Mark. I wish I'd thought of that!
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each of these initiatives taken on their own are always justified on their own, so that any counter argument is met with the usual defence that the technology is for our beneift and therefore benign.

Taken as a whole however, it is easy to see this technology as another step along the way to Total Information Awareness.

That's spying to you and me.

mkpdavies
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not so bothered about supermarkets wanting detailed information on stock etc. As long as the chips are just used on products etc, then that's not a bad use for them.

It's when they stick them in ID documents, personal property (without you know like my bin in Woking) and any other ways where they want to track you, rather than the products themselves.

I use Morrisons anyway.
Doos
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In response to some of the questions on this thread: -

Using cash won't help: "Hitachi has been working with the European Central Bank on the idea of putting RFID chips into Euro banknotes. This would eliminate the anonymity of cash by making it trackable"

RFID have already been put in clothing in the States by Levis without customer knowledge: -

"Levi Strauss & Co. is violating a call for a moratorium on item-level RFID by spychipping its clothing. What's more, the company is refusing to disclose the location of its U.S. test"

Both these quotes come from http://www.spychips.com/index.html
Read this www if you would like more info on this subject.

Several ppl have asked "why would Tesco bother?". This technology is still very expensive. Tesco have been on a buying spree. My guess is that Tesco is being subsidised from somewhere (government??) to test out this new techonology. Why indeed. This have very little to do with stock checking you can be assured of that. Industry analysts in favour of RFID see a time in the not too distant future where they will be able to TRACK HOW YOU USE YOUR PRODUCTS IN THE HOME.

More sinister, looking into a dark, dystopic Orwellian future, if we all have tags in our clothing it makes it very easy for BB to see
a) who's out on the streets breaking a curfew
b) who's not at work when they ought to be and where they are
c) trying to leave the country? This is a globalist ininative (sorry too late at night to chekc my speling - sic). One brave soul has put "I'm going to Spain" on this thread. Good luck mate, I think that is a little naive.

I'm sure others can think of some frightening uses of this invisible tracking technology we could all be carrying around in the very near future.
chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doos wrote:
In response to some of the questions on this thread: -

Using cash won't help: "Hitachi has been working with the European Central Bank on the idea of putting RFID chips into Euro banknotes. This would eliminate the anonymity of cash by making it trackable"

RFID have already been put in clothing in the States by Levis without customer knowledge: -

"Levi Strauss & Co. is violating a call for a moratorium on item-level RFID by spychipping its clothing. What's more, the company is refusing to disclose the location of its U.S. test"

Both these quotes come from http://www.spychips.com/index.html
Read this www if you would like more info on this subject.

Several ppl have asked "why would Tesco bother?". This technology is still very expensive. Tesco have been on a buying spree. My guess is that Tesco is being subsidised from somewhere (government??) to test out this new techonology. Why indeed. This have very little to do with stock checking you can be assured of that. Industry analysts in favour of RFID see a time in the not too distant future where they will be able to TRACK HOW YOU USE YOUR PRODUCTS IN THE HOME.

More sinister, looking into a dark, dystopic Orwellian future, if we all have tags in our clothing it makes it very easy for BB to see
a) who's out on the streets breaking a curfew
b) who's not at work when they ought to be and where they are
c) trying to leave the country? This is a globalist ininative (sorry too late at night to chekc my speling - sic). One brave soul has put "I'm going to Spain" on this thread. Good luck mate, I think that is a little naive.

I'm sure others can think of some frightening uses of this invisible tracking technology we could all be carrying around in the very near future.

I can see personal 'chip friers' becoming fashionable sometime soon.
optimus79
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys, there is a 24hour Tescos across the road from my flat.

Some things I will not be giving up. Laughing
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i THINK(caps before im asked for evidence) that the tesco chipping is for marketing only, the data they gain from them would give them feed back on a shoppers traveling habits alone, the reason its a problem and you should be concerned IMO, is because they are spying on us with out our consent, and if we accept it who knows how far they will go to ferther invade our privacy. also if we show we will not accept being spied on it would put of other companys /goverment with simular plans. and from stuff ive read and seen the same type of technology is being planned to be used on us in the future to track our everymove. no doubt in the name of terror and security. so thats why this tesco thing is relevant even though tesco's motives are for marketing only.
sr4470
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chek wrote:
One brave soul has put "I'm going to Spain" on this thread. Good luck mate, I think that is a little naive.

Last time I checked, the previous government in Spain was toppled because the people knew the Madrid bombings were an inside job.

Yes, we are running out of free countries to go to, I wont disagree there.

Doos
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sr4470 wrote:
Last time I checked, the previous government in Spain was toppled because the people knew the Madrid bombings were an inside job.

Yes, we are running out of free countries to go to, I wont disagree there.

Please accept my apologies sr4470, I was in pessimistic "we're all doomed!" mode last night. I think ANY country except USA is better than UK, which is the most surveilled country in the world, and I admire anyone who has the wherewithall to get out whilst they can.
sr4470
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doos wrote:
Please accept my apologies sr4470, I was in pessimistic "we're all doomed!" mode last night. I think ANY country except USA is better than UK, which is the most surveilled country in the world, and I admire anyone who has the wherewithall to get out whilst they can.

As it stands, I cant even afford the plane tickets right now Rolling Eyes

Doos
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and I'll throw this one into the conspiracy pot whilst it's bubbling away nicely.....

we already have a ready made, contiguous, country-wide system of electromagnetic frequency receivers/antennas linked to a central collecting point. They're called mobile phone masts.

Makes you think, doesn't it?
You can run baby, but you can't hide.... la la la.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Bigger Picture All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: