FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Venezuela war clouds - US regime change target
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Anglo-Zionist Empire: Nation by Nation NWO War Gazetteer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outsider
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Venezuela war clouds - US regime change target Reply with quote

Whilst the 4th Fleet is to be 'reactivated', after deactivation after WW2, we don't have to worry, because it will be used
''principally in the struggle against drug trafficking and in theatre of war security cooperation missions...”

Well, we know that the Drug Cartels are very well armed and dangerous, but reactivating the 4th fleet??? At least now we God-fearing, peace-loving folk can sleep soundly in our beds, knowing that the 4th Fleet will defend our kids from hash and crack cocaine....

“This Does Not Increase Military Presence”

The official in charge of external relations for Southern Command Naval Forces is Lieutenant Myers Vásquez.

The BBC asked him why the Fourth Fleet was re-deployed in this moment.

“In reality, the U.S. naval forces of the Southern Command have been acting as a fleet, so from the operational point of view in the region, nothing has changed. Basically this is about changing the name of reality,” assured the official.

He added that the measure is meant to better align the units with the maritime strategy of the United States.

“We will have a base working in conjunction with other components of the Southern Command,” the military spokesperson indicated.

He denied that this necessarily increases the United States military presence in the region and presented the reactivation of the Fourth Fleet as an administrative type measure.

“We will continue the operations that we have been carrying out in the last two years, principally in the struggle against drug trafficking and in theatre of war security cooperation missions,” he specified.

http://www.venezuelanalysis.com/news/3427 (US 4th Fleet reactivated after 58 years, and to patrol South & Central America and Caribean)

At the same time, moves to carve off rich areas of Venezuela, Ecuador and Bolivia build apace (as in the Congo, in 1960, when mineral-rich Katanga was persuaded to 'seccede' by Belgians, supported by 'Neutral' (in a pig's eye) Hammarskjold's UN and the US, leading to 'Civil War' and brilliant Nationalist Prime Minister Lumumba's brutal torture and murder)...

http://www.venezuelanalysis.com/analysis/3418 (seccesionary tactics in Venezuela and Ecuador) and
http://www.venezuelanalysis.com/analysis/3416 (and Bolivia)

And, in development in Raul Reyes' laptop saga, Interpol enters the fray:

http://www.venezuelanalysis.com/analysis/3448 (Raul Reyes' laptop & Interpol)

outsider

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good article from Global Research, with Eva Gollinger giving robust support to Hugo Chavez. Pity the 'West' doesn't follow Venezuela's example, charging banksters and throwing corrupt judges in jail (and of course, much more!):
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=16604

outsider

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Groan!! Crying or Very sad No apparent interest in this subject!

Try and get your heads around this issue of Hands Off Venezuela's newsletter:

http://www.handsoffvenezuela.org/newsletter_jan_2010.htm

satya
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another coup attempt at the democratic chavez? I hope this us state sponsored hatred doesnt result in more civilian death by police like it did last time.
Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably because I posted this elsewhere Smile
http://weaselnews.blogspot.com/

plus the public at large have seemingly grown used to war Sad

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
outsider

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest from Venezuela - 2 students killed and 21 police injured by bullet wounds - US winds up the pressure:

http://www.handsoffvenezuela.org/revolution_faces_crucial_battles.htm

Worth watching Aaron Russo's interview, where he tells that Nick Rockefeller predicted 9/11, subsequent Afghanistan and Iraq invasions, the 'War on Terror', followed by intervention in Venezuela, mass microchipping, and other abominations:

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=5420753830426590918#

Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cindy Sheehan has been in town and just interviewed-
Chavez and surprise visitor Morals keep eyes peeled for it Wink

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/vsc-international/topics

VENEZUELA UNDER THREAT

EVENT: Defend Social Progress Against the New US Militarization of the Region
Saturday March 27, 11.30am- 4.30pm (Registration from 11.00) at Bolivar Hall, 54 Grafton Way, London, W1T 5DL (Nearest tube: Warren Street.)
Register Online Today here!

Ambassador Samuel Moncada and other Venezuelan speakers
Colin Burgon MP, Chair, Labour Friends of Venezuela
Jeremy Corbyn MP
Vice-Chair, APPG on Latin America
George Galloway MP
Rod Stoneman, Executive Producer, The Revolution Will Not Be Televised
Iain Bruce, Telesur Advisor & Journalist, Author, The Real Venezuela & former BBC Caracas Correspondent
Diana Raby, Author, Democracy and Revolution
Dr Francisco Dominguez, Head of Latin America Studies, Middlesex Uni
Hugh O'Shaughnessy
Bruce Kent
Jennie Bremner, Unite the Union Assistant General Secretary & VSC Chair
Moz Greenshields, UNISON NEC
Karen Mitchell, Thompsons Solicitors
Plus videos & messages from progressives from across Latin America

The Venezuelan Government has transformed the lives of millions through progressive policies in the last decade. Today, this progress is under threat from a US militarization of the region that is encircling the country, including an agreement between the US & Colombia concerning new military bases & the revival of the 4th fleet.
April marks the 8th anniversary of the temporarily successful coup against Chávez. The recent coup in Honduras, followed by the exposure of coup plots in Ecuador & Paraguay, has confirmed that right-wing forces are again seeking to roll back progress across Latin America; threatening peace, democracy & sovereignty.
International support is essential - this event is a great opportunity to learn more about developments & how we can build solidarity. You can register online here!

Registration is only £5/£4 (concessions) for the day. You can register online today by clicking here or send cheques with the attached registration form payable to Venezuela Solidarity Campaign c/o Unite the Union, 35 King Street, London, WC2E 8JG to reserve a place.
Registration also entitles you to a discounted ticket to the fundraising dinner for the Venezuela Under Threat campaign in the evening at La Piragua in Islington with speeches from special guests including Ambassador Samuel Moncada and Unite Assistant General Secretary Tony Burke– contact the office on 0207 420 8963 or info@venezuelasolidarity.co.uk for tickets and information.
Organised by the Venezuela Solidarity Campaign and supported by the Embassy of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela

outsider

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gracias, DD. I would have picked it up, but hadn't till now.
satya
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=5420753830426590918&ei=WBeVS 7LJNJfS-AabsMnTAg&q=aaron+russo+&hl=en&view=3#

bilderberg want to take out chavez next.......

Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: Venezuela Surrounded by 13 US Military Bases, Analysis & Further Event Details

VENEZUELA SOLIDARITY CAMPAIGN, SPECIAL VENEZUELA UNDER THREAT UPDATE, MARCH 2010

To show your support for VSC – by joining or making a donation – click here !

In the run up to the Venezuela Under Threat event on March 27, we have received a number of requests for further information on the US militarization of the region. Please find below articles on different aspects of this and the latest details for the 27th including new speakers (you can register online here ).In the words of Ignacio Ramonet, “at the present time Venezuela is surrounded by 13 US military bases.. as well as the aircraft carriers and warships of the 4th fleet.. Would the people of the world allow a new crime against democracy to be carried out in Latin America?”

1) HUGH O’SHAUGHNESSY: Independent Article: US builds up its bases in oil-rich South America
2) JOHN PILGER: Media Propaganda Preparing Ground for Intervention
3) EVA GOLLINGER: US Threats Escalating As Intelligence Report Classifies Venezuela as “Anti-US Leader”
4) MARK WEISBROT: Guardian Article: The US Game In Latin America
5) TELESUR REPORT: Recording proves Venezuelan sovereignty violation by the USA
6) VENEZUELA UNDER THREAT : New Speakers Announced/ Registration details

1) HUGH O’SHAUGHNESSY: Independent Article: US builds up its bases in oil-rich South America
Here Hugh O’Shaughnessy (a speaker at Venezuela Under Threat ) argues that “The US is massively building up its potential for nuclear and non-nuclear strikes in Latin America and the Caribbean.” He concludes by pointing out that “From the Caribbean to Brazil, political opposition to US plans for 'full-spectrum operations' is escalating rapidly.” Read the full piece here .

In a recent piece, John Pilger addresses the ongoing media distortion concerning Venezuela, arguing that "Media propaganda has laid the ground for what may well be Obama's next war. In December, researchers at the University of the West of England published first findings of a ten-year study of BBC reporting on Venezuela. Of 304 BBC reports, only three mentioned any of the historic reforms of Hugo Chávez's government, while the majority denigrated his extraordinary democratic record, at one point comparing him to Hitler.” Read the full piece here .

3) EVA GOLLINGER: US Threats Escalating As Intelligence Report Classifies Venezuela as “Anti-US Leader”
In this piece, Eva Gollinger argues that the US-Colombia military agreement signed in October authorizing US occupation of seven military bases in Colombian territory and all other installations as required “is seen as the largest US military expansion in Latin American history,” arguing that “although the two governments publicly justified the agreement as an increased effort to fight drug trafficking and terrorism, official US Air Force documents revealed that the US would conduct “full spectrum military operations” throughout South America from the Colombian bases.” Read the full article here .
In another piece she addresses the recent report from Admiral Dennis Blair, National Director of Intelligence before the US Senate Select Committee on Intelligence. Analysing a section entitled Latin America Stable, but Challenged by Crime and Populism, she explains that “a large portion is dedicated to Venezuela arguing that ’Hugo Chávez has established himself as one of the US’s foremost international detractors, denouncing liberal democracy and market capitalism and opposing US policies and interests in the region.’” She further argues that “"what this intelligence report really means is that operations against the Chávez government will substantially increase this year [and] the report will be used to justify a larger budget allocation to intelligence missions against Venezuela.” Read the full piece here .
Venezuela Ambassador to the US Bernardo Alvarez Herrera responded, saying “Unsubstantiated reports like [this] one .. were used by the Bush administration to set the stage in the public opinion for the 2002 overthrow of President Hugo Chávez’s democratically elected government”. Read his full response here .

“US interference in the politics of Haiti and Honduras is only the latest example of its long-term manipulations in Latin America, which have implications for Venezuela, Brazil and others” argues Mark Weisbrot here.

A recent broadcast by teleSUR of a conversation between Venezuelan Maiquetía Airport's control tower and a US pilot, supports the accusations presented by Venezuelan authorities concerning the US violating its sovereignty. Venezuela recently announced that “on May 17, 2009, a US war aircraft, took off from Curacao, violated our aerial territory and the Orchila Air Base fly exclusion area.” More here .

6) VENEZUELA UNDER THREAT EVENT: New Speakers Announced/ Registration details

VENEZUELA UNDER THREAT

Saturday March 27, 11.30am- 4.30pm (Registration from 11.00) at Bolivar Hall, 54 Grafton Way, London, W1T 5DL (Nearest tube: Warren Street.)

Jeremy Corbyn MP
George Galloway MP
Iain Bruce, Telesur Advisor & Journalist, Author, The Real Venezuela & former BBC Caracas Correspondent
Kate Hudson, CND Chair & active in the anti-war and anti-foreign bases campaigns internationally
Hugh O'Shaughnessy
Bruce Kent
Cat Goss, Student Friends of Venezuela
Helen Yuill, Nicaragua Solidarity Campaign

The Venezuelan Government has transformed the lives of millions through progressive policies in the last decade. Today, this progress is under threat from a US militarization of the region that is encircling the country, including an agreement between the US & Colombia concerning new military bases & the revival of the 4th fleet.
April marks the 8th anniversary of the temporarily successful coup against Chávez. The recent coup in Honduras, followed by the exposure of coup plots in Ecuador & Paraguay, has confirmed that right-wing forces are again seeking to roll back progress across Latin America; threatening peace, democracy & sovereignty.
International support is essential - this event is a great opportunity to learn more about developments & how we can build solidarity. You can register online here!

Registration is only £5/£4 (concessions) for the day. You can register online today by clicking here or send cheques with the attached registration form payable to Venezuela Solidarity Campaign c/o Unite the Union, 35 King Street, London, WC2E 8JG to reserve a place.
Registration also entitles you to a discounted ticket to the fundraising dinner for the Venezuela Under Threat campaign in the evening at La Piragua in Islington with speeches from special guests including Ambassador Samuel Moncada and Unite Assistant General Secretary Tony Burke– contact the office on 0207 420 8963 or info@venezuelasolidarity.co.uk for tickets and information.
Organised by the Venezuela Solidarity Campaign and supported by the Embassy of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela

outsider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disco_Destroyer wrote:
UPDATE: Venezuela Surrounded by 13 US Military Bases, Analysis & Further Event Details

VENEZUELA SOLIDARITY CAMPAIGN, SPECIAL VENEZUELA UNDER THREAT UPDATE, MARCH 2010

To show your support for VSC – by joining or making a donation – click here !

In the run up to the Venezuela Under Threat event on March 27, we have received a number of requests for further information on the US militarization of the region. Please find below articles on different aspects of this and the latest details for the 27th including new speakers (you can register online here ).In the words of Ignacio Ramonet, “at the present time Venezuela is surrounded by 13 US military bases.. as well as the aircraft carriers and warships of the 4th fleet.. Would the people of the world allow a new crime against democracy to be carried out in Latin America?”

6) VENEZUELA UNDER THREAT : New Speakers Announced/ Registration details

Here Hugh O’Shaughnessy (a speaker at Venezuela Under Threat ) argues that “The US is massively building up its potential for nuclear and non-nuclear strikes in Latin America and the Caribbean.” He concludes by pointing out that “From the Caribbean to Brazil, political opposition to US plans for 'full-spectrum operations' is escalating rapidly.” Read the full piece here .

In a recent piece, John Pilger addresses the ongoing media distortion concerning Venezuela, arguing that "Media propaganda has laid the ground for what may well be Obama's next war. In December, researchers at the University of the West of England published first findings of a ten-year study of BBC reporting on Venezuela. Of 304 BBC reports, only three mentioned any of the historic reforms of Hugo Chávez's government, while the majority denigrated his extraordinary democratic record, at one point comparing him to Hitler.” Read the full piece here .

In this piece, Eva Gollinger argues that the US-Colombia military agreement signed in October authorizing US occupation of seven military bases in Colombian territory and all other installations as required “is seen as the largest US military expansion in Latin American history,” arguing that “although the two governments publicly justified the agreement as an increased effort to fight drug trafficking and terrorism, official US Air Force documents revealed that the US would conduct “full spectrum military operations” throughout South America from the Colombian bases.” Read the full article here .
In another piece she addresses the recent report from Admiral Dennis Blair, National Director of Intelligence before the US Senate Select Committee on Intelligence. Analysing a section entitled Latin America Stable, but Challenged by Crime and Populism, she explains that “a large portion is dedicated to Venezuela arguing that ’Hugo Chávez has established himself as one of the US’s foremost international detractors, denouncing liberal democracy and market capitalism and opposing US policies and interests in the region.’” She further argues that “"what this intelligence report really means is that operations against the Chávez government will substantially increase this year [and] the report will be used to justify a larger budget allocation to intelligence missions against Venezuela.” Read the full piece here .
Venezuela Ambassador to the US Bernardo Alvarez Herrera responded, saying “Unsubstantiated reports like [this] one .. were used by the Bush administration to set the stage in the public opinion for the 2002 overthrow of President Hugo Chávez’s democratically elected government”. Read his full response here .

“US interference in the politics of Haiti and Honduras is only the latest example of its long-term manipulations in Latin America, which have implications for Venezuela, Brazil and others” argues Mark Weisbrot here.

A recent broadcast by teleSUR of a conversation between Venezuelan Maiquetía Airport's control tower and a US pilot, supports the accusations presented by Venezuelan authorities concerning the US violating its sovereignty. Venezuela recently announced that “on May 17, 2009, a US war aircraft, took off from Curacao, violated our aerial territory and the Orchila Air Base fly exclusion area.” More here .

6) VENEZUELA UNDER THREAT EVENT: New Speakers Announced/ Registration details

VENEZUELA UNDER THREAT

Jeremy Corbyn MP
George Galloway MP
Kate Hudson, CND Chair & active in the anti-war and anti-foreign bases campaigns internationally
Hugh O'Shaughnessy
Bruce Kent
Cat Goss, Student Friends of Venezuela
Helen Yuill, Nicaragua Solidarity Campaign

Good stuff, but Hands off Venezuela is a much better campaign to support, if anyone wants to be informed or defend Venezuela and other South American countries under threat.
But definitely a good meeting to go to.

satya
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone who thinks america is a champion of democracy is a fool.
Their continued actions against true democracy are very evident.

Pugwash
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Amid a push by the West toward imposing new sanctions on Iran, Brazil and Germany express conflicting stances on slapping US-proposed embargoes on the country over its nuclear enrichment program.

Brazilian Foreign Minister Celso Amorim and his German counterpart Guido Westerwelle clashed on the issue of fresh sanctions against Iran during their talks in Brasilia on Wednesday.

Amorim stressed that Tehran must be given further opportunities to prove its willingness to cooperate with the United Nations (UN).

"We want clarity and transparency for the international community over Iran's nuclear program, but what we primarily see is Iran's willingness to negotiate," he told reporters when asked about potential UN sanctions against Iran.

"There is no reason not to negotiate with Iran. It is necessary to show gestures of flexibility. We want a peaceful solution to the dispute without a great cost to the people of Iran," AFP quoted the Brazilian top diplomat as saying.

Westerwelle, for his part, called for further sanctions against Iran, claiming that efforts to engage in talks with the Tehran government have failed to yield any results.

"We live on different continents and the distance to Iran between Brazil and Europe is great," Westerwelle said, adding that European powers were "deeply worried" by Iran's nuclear program.

"We remain ready to negotiate. But since we have had the impression that our outstretched hand has nothing to grasp... we will have to talk about other measures," the German foreign minister added.

Brazil has repeatedly called for a diplomatic solution to Iran's nuclear program.

Earlier on Tuesday, Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva warned that imposing new sanctions on Iran is such a dangerous move that could even lead to a war.

http://www.thelocal.de/politics/20100311-25803.html

Good to see Brazil is not totally under the influence of the US.

Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://dandelionsalad.wordpress.com/2010/03/26/transcript-of-cindy-she ehans-interview-with-hugo-chavez/

March 26, 2010

Transcribed by Regina Freitag

Original Translation by Eva Golinger

Interviewer: Cindy Sheehan

Quote:
Cindy Sheehan: Welcome to this video and audio audition of Cindy Sheehan’s SoapBox.

Presidente Chavez, thank you for being on the show, thank you for this interview and thank you for allowing me to bring the truth about Venezuela and about you and about your revolution to the people of the United States.

Before the revolution, Venezuela was a nation that was ruled and used up by the oligarchy, the elite. How did your revolution begin, how did it manage to remain relatively peaceful?

Hugo Chavez: Thank you Cindy, for this interview, for your efforts, that are so honorable and notable, to try to find out our truth and to contribute to its diffusion. And we wish you much luck in your struggles, which are ours as well, against war, for peace, for freedom and equality and against imperialism. We accompany you in your struggles. You and the people of the United States. We love them the same. The bourgeoisie of Venezuela has always dominated the country, for more than a hundred years. And they dominated it with force, using violence, persecution, assassination and disappearances. Unfortunately, the Venezuelan history is a history full of a lot of violence, violence from the strong against the weak. In the 20th century, Venezuela, which was dominated by the oligarchy and the bourgeois state, the rich, the wealthy, produced a reversed type of miracle, we could say. Venezuela was the first exporter of oil from the beginning of the 1920s until the 1970s. One of the largest producers of petroleum in the world throughout all the 20th century. And when the 20th century ended, with the domination of the bourgeoisie, despite all the wealth, Venezuela had more than 70% poverty and 40% extreme poverty, misery, misery, misery. So that generated an explosion, a violent one. All explosions are violent. An explosion of the poor, to liberate themselves. We were remembering just 2 days ago in Caracas. You were there with us, with our people. 21 years ago, the people woke, arose in a big explosion. And as military we were used by the bourgeoisie to massacre the people, children, women, and older people. And then that awoke something in the young military folks, a consciousness of pain and then we joined with the people. We had two rebellions, military rebellions, popular (inaudible ). A revolution isn’t exactly peaceful. As you said it was relatively peaceful.

Cindy Sheehan: Yes, relatively, yeah

Hugo Chavez: Just like all true revolutions.

Cindy Sheehan: But doesn’t the violence of revolutions sometimes come from the counter-revolution? And the Bolivarian revolution that has transferred power and wealth to the people is an inspiration and has remained relatively peaceful.

Hugo Chavez: Yes, we got the power in a peaceful way.

Cindy Sheehan: Right.

Hugo Chavez: Exactly, and we have been able to maintain it relatively peaceful. We’ve never used violence. They’ve used it against us. The counter-revolution. So the central strategy of our peaceful and socialist revolution is to transfer the power to the people. I’m sure you have been able to see some of it with your own eyes, in the neighborhoods of Caracas.

Cindy Sheehan: Yes I have.

Hugo Chavez: We have made efforts were to help the people to be sovereign. When we talk about power, what are we talking about, Cindy? The first power that we all have is knowledge. So we’ve made efforts first in education, against illiteracy, for the development of thinking, studying, analysis. In a way, that has never happened before. Today, Venezuela is a giant school, it’s all a school. From children of one year old until old age, all of us are studying and learning.

And then political power, the capacity to make decisions, the community councils, communes, the people’s power, the popular assemblies.

And then there is the economic power. Transferring economic power to the people, the wealth of the people distributed throughout the nation. I believe that is the principal force that precisely guarantees that the Bolivarian revolution continues to be peaceful.

Cindy Sheehan: Wonderful. In a speech the other day, you said that the United States demonizes you, demonizes Venezuela and the revolution. I of course have seen it with my own eyes and have been a defender of you and Venezuela and the revolution. Why do you think the Empire makes such a concerted effort to demonize you?

Hugo Chavez: I think for different reasons. But I came to the conclusion there is one particular strong reason, a big reason. They are afraid, the Empire is afraid. The Empire is afraid that the people of the United States might find out about the truth, they are afraid that something like that could erupt on their own territory. A Bolivarian movement. Or a Lincoln movement. A movement of citizens, conscious citizens with the goal to transform the system. Imperial fear killed Martin Luther King. The only way to stop him was to kill him and repressing the people of the United States. So, why do they demonize us? They know – those who direct the Empire – they know the truth. But they fear the truth. They fear the contagious effect. They fear a revolution in the United States. They fear an awakening of the people in the United States. And so that’s why they do everything they can. And they achieve it, relatively, that a lot of sectors in the United States see us as devils. No one wants to copy the devil.

Hugo Chavez: Unless they are devils too. And the people aren’t devils. The people are the voice of God.

Cindy Sheehan: Well, one of the biggest names they call you in the United States is dictator. Can you explain to my listeners and the people, for the benefit of this documentary why you are not a dictator?

Hugo Chavez: In the first place, personally, I am against dictatorships. I’m an anti-dictator. We are here in Uruguay, in Montevideo. You know how many dictatorships were in this country. The Guerilla army. I’m an anti-Guerilla. In addition to that, from a political point of view, I’ve been elected one, two, three, four times, by popular vote. In Venezuela, we have elections all the time. Every year, we have elections in Venezuela. One time, Lula, the president of Brazil… when he was in Europe, someone asked him “Why are you friends with that dictator Chavez?” And Lula said a big truth: “In Venezuela, there is an excess of democracy. Every year there are elections. And if there aren’t any, Chavez invents them. Referendums, popular consultations, elections for governors, mayors. Right now, soon we are starting national assembly elections, this year. In 2012 there is going to be a presidential election again. What dictator is elected so many times? What dictator convenes referendums? I’m an anti-dictator. I am a revolutionary. A democratic revolutionary.

Cindy Sheehan: Well, I have witnessed this revolution. I’ve witnessed the empowerment of the people of Venezuela, which is very inspiring, because the people in the United States don’t feel this empowerment. I even rode the Metrocable, and I’m afraid of heights. But I went out to San Augustin and then walked down the steps and saw how that so-called dictatorship has made the life of the people much better here in Venezuela. Also in the commemoration of the Caracazo you announced that you will again going to run for president in 2012. You’ve come a long way, but there is still a long way to go. What do you still think needs to be accomplished as far as infrastructure and the needs of the people in Venezuela?

Hugo Chavez: To tell you in a mathematical way, despite everything we’ve done in education, healthcare, infrastructure, housing, employment, social security, etc., mathematically, I believe, of everything we’ve done and we have to achieve for the people, we have achieved about 10%. It’s been 200 years of abandonment. The people have been abandoned. All the wealth of the country was in the hands of the elite. We talk about the bicentennial cycle, 2010 to 2030, we have to work really hard. In every aspect, infrastructure etc. I hope that you, in a few years, won’t just go up in the metrocable in San Augustin, but all of Caracas is going to have metrocables, and everywhere, every place, housing, reconstruction in poor neighborhoods, the construction of new cities for the people and dignified housing, there is still a lot to do, to achieve what Simon Bolivar said. Bolivar taught us…

(Pres. Evo Morales comes in)

Hugo Chavez: Oh look! Evo is here. Evo, come and sit down! Bolivar taught us that the best government is the one that gives the people the best amount of happiness. That’s our goal. The best, the largest amount of happiness.

My friend Evo, the president of Bolivia, who just got here, he is an indigenous leader! Brother how are you?

Evo Morales: Good, good.

Cindy Sheehan: Presidente Morales. Mucho gusto. So nice to meet you.

Hugo Chavez (introduces Cindy): Cindy Sheehan. She is a fighter for peace, against the war. She is a US citizen. One of her sons died in Iraq. So, she’s interviewing us. And maybe you want to answer a question.

Evo Morales: (gives Indian blessing)

Hugo Chavez: To live well. It’s a Mala Indian philosophy. To live well, a good live. To live well, spiritually, intellectually, physically, that’s what it’s about.

Cindy Sheehan: Thank you, that’s what it should be about. I have one final question.

Thank you for your generosity. This has been really wonderful. Maybe Presidente Morales could have some input about this too. We see your rise to power in Venezuela as kind of a grassroots movement that has been spreading and has helped President Morales in Bolivia, and we see people all over South America taking back the power. Because the power belongs in the hands of the people. A couple of weeks ago in the United States, a man flew his airplane into the tax building in Austin, Texas. Did you hear about that?

Evo Morales/ Hugo Chavez: Yes.

Cindy Sheehan: There is much frustration with the system. And there is a lot of that frustration in the United States. But instead of flying planes into buildings we should find each other and organize. In the United States of course, we are now a system that is also for the elite, ruled by the elite, it’s a “corporatocracy”, it’s for the corporate elite. Of course, in my opinion, I believe the United States need the same grassroots revolution, power back to the people, that you’ve all had here in South America. Can you give us some words of inspiration to encourage us, to give us the courage and heart for a true revolutionary change?

Hugo Chavez: We were the same, dominated, persecuted, and also there was a lot of desperation, just like that man who flew the plane into the building. There is a lot of that, of lot of those impulses, suicidal tendencies. Now, that’s NOT the path. The path is consciousness, a conscious awakening. Evo was persecuted, from very young, I met him when he was an Assembly member, and they threw him out of Congress, and they persecuted him, they jailed him, a lot of his fellow strugglers died. And us too, we had our own experiences. A lot of our brothers died as well, a lot of us went to prison. But consciousness. That’s why you’re doing the right thing. The path is not to fly a plane into a building. It’s to create consciousness. And then the rest will come on its own. I’d like to take this moment to say hello to people of the United States. And us here in the South, we have a lot of faith. And the people in the North are going to wake up. Just like you have woken. Just like many have had an awakening. You can do great changes in the United States, and in a peaceful way, I hope. Because, what happens in the United States, those changes in the United States depend a lot…the future of the world depends on that a lot.

(Pres. Chavez addresses Pres. Morales) Evo, would you like to say something?

Cindy Sheehan: Please!

Evo Morales: I just finished a meeting with Eduardo Galliano.

Cindy Sheehan: Oh, I know him.

Evo Morales: He’s so inspirational with the people, about nature. Galliano is also going to the inauguration of Pepe Mujica. (Pres. Morales and Pres. Chavez talk to each other.) And he’s going to bring some strategies, proposals, and we’re going to have a meeting with Galliano and the cocoa workers …

Cindy Sheehan: Oh. Very wonderful.

Evo Morales: To talk about equality and our experiences. The difficult things, how to unite us and to raise our consciousness. What you’re talking about. The power resides with the people. I was just with Commandante Borhez, Thomas Borhez from Nicaragua. We were talking about issues of consciousness in Peru, in Colombia, on how to build a big political movement. But the issue is unity. In my experience, first the (inaudible), the marginalized, we united first, the farmers and the indigenous. And from that it went on. Just like that unity, we need to do that with the political parties on the left and then the workers unite. Those are the forces that we have, the power that the people have. To get there is hard, you have to raise consciousness.

Cindy Sheehan: My documentary is called “We are all Americans”. It comes from when I was being interviewed on Fox News and Sean Hannity told me how could I meet with the anti-American dictator Hugo Chavez. And I said: ”But Sean, he is an American”. We are all Americans and that’s where the consciousness has to be raised and the unity has to come from in realizing that.

And so, it’s been my highest honor to sit with you, Presidente, thank you for your hospitality and that of Venezuela and to finally meet you. I was invited to Bolivia to help to support you for your recall, but I was running for Congress against Nazi policy in the United States. It was a bad time. I lost. (laughs) I didn’t win.

Hugo Chavez: But we will prevail.

Cindy Sheehan: We will be victorious. Thank you so much.

Hugo Chavez: We have to end, but I want to say something to you. Just about 5 days ago, we were in Cancun. We were on our way out from the hotel and the press was there, and there were some tourists – from California. So I went up to them and I said hi to a woman and her child and another woman. A lot of affection. It was spontaneous. And then I told my friends. I found tourists. I found US tourists. Older adults, young women, men, adolescents. I’ve met with them in Japan, Moscow, Beijing, in the Caribbean, everywhere in the world, in Buenos Aires. I’ve never felt one look of hate, but rather affection, so I think that despite everything, I believe the people of the United States in the depths of their hearts, they know how to appreciate where lies are and where the truth is. That’s why we have such hope. And here is my heart for those people of the United States. They call us anti-US-leaders, anti-American leaders, but we are not. We are anti-imperialist. But we love the people of the United States. We love humanity.

Cindy Sheehan: Muchas Gracias!

Audio at Dandelion Salad

outsider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disco_Destroyer wrote:
http://dandelionsalad.wordpress.com/2010/03/26/transcript-of-cindy-she ehans-interview-with-hugo-chavez/

March 26, 2010

Transcribed by Regina Freitag

Original Translation by Eva Golinger

Interviewer: Cindy Sheehan

Quote:
Cindy Sheehan: Welcome to this video and audio audition of Cindy Sheehan’s SoapBox.

Presidente Chavez, thank you for being on the show, thank you for this interview and thank you for allowing me to bring the truth about Venezuela and about you and about your revolution to the people of the United States.

Before the revolution, Venezuela was a nation that was ruled and used up by the oligarchy, the elite. How did your revolution begin, how did it manage to remain relatively peaceful?

Hugo Chavez: Thank you Cindy, for this interview, for your efforts, that are so honorable and notable, to try to find out our truth and to contribute to its diffusion. And we wish you much luck in your struggles, which are ours as well, against war, for peace, for freedom and equality and against imperialism. We accompany you in your struggles. You and the people of the United States. We love them the same. The bourgeoisie of Venezuela has always dominated the country, for more than a hundred years. And they dominated it with force, using violence, persecution, assassination and disappearances. Unfortunately, the Venezuelan history is a history full of a lot of violence, violence from the strong against the weak. In the 20th century, Venezuela, which was dominated by the oligarchy and the bourgeois state, the rich, the wealthy, produced a reversed type of miracle, we could say. Venezuela was the first exporter of oil from the beginning of the 1920s until the 1970s. One of the largest producers of petroleum in the world throughout all the 20th century. And when the 20th century ended, with the domination of the bourgeoisie, despite all the wealth, Venezuela had more than 70% poverty and 40% extreme poverty, misery, misery, misery. So that generated an explosion, a violent one. All explosions are violent. An explosion of the poor, to liberate themselves. We were remembering just 2 days ago in Caracas. You were there with us, with our people. 21 years ago, the people woke, arose in a big explosion. And as military we were used by the bourgeoisie to massacre the people, children, women, and older people. And then that awoke something in the young military folks, a consciousness of pain and then we joined with the people. We had two rebellions, military rebellions, popular (inaudible ). A revolution isn’t exactly peaceful. As you said it was relatively peaceful.

Cindy Sheehan: Yes, relatively, yeah

Hugo Chavez: Just like all true revolutions.

Cindy Sheehan: But doesn’t the violence of revolutions sometimes come from the counter-revolution? And the Bolivarian revolution that has transferred power and wealth to the people is an inspiration and has remained relatively peaceful.

Hugo Chavez: Yes, we got the power in a peaceful way.

Hugo Chavez: Exactly, and we have been able to maintain it relatively peaceful. We’ve never used violence. They’ve used it against us. The counter-revolution. So the central strategy of our peaceful and socialist revolution is to transfer the power to the people. I’m sure you have been able to see some of it with your own eyes, in the neighborhoods of Caracas.

Cindy Sheehan: Yes I have.

Hugo Chavez: We have made efforts were to help the people to be sovereign. When we talk about power, what are we talking about, Cindy? The first power that we all have is knowledge. So we’ve made efforts first in education, against illiteracy, for the development of thinking, studying, analysis. In a way, that has never happened before. Today, Venezuela is a giant school, it’s all a school. From children of one year old until old age, all of us are studying and learning.

And then political power, the capacity to make decisions, the community councils, communes, the people’s power, the popular assemblies.

And then there is the economic power. Transferring economic power to the people, the wealth of the people distributed throughout the nation. I believe that is the principal force that precisely guarantees that the Bolivarian revolution continues to be peaceful.

Cindy Sheehan: Wonderful. In a speech the other day, you said that the United States demonizes you, demonizes Venezuela and the revolution. I of course have seen it with my own eyes and have been a defender of you and Venezuela and the revolution. Why do you think the Empire makes such a concerted effort to demonize you?

Hugo Chavez: I think for different reasons. But I came to the conclusion there is one particular strong reason, a big reason. They are afraid, the Empire is afraid. The Empire is afraid that the people of the United States might find out about the truth, they are afraid that something like that could erupt on their own territory. A Bolivarian movement. Or a Lincoln movement. A movement of citizens, conscious citizens with the goal to transform the system. Imperial fear killed Martin Luther King. The only way to stop him was to kill him and repressing the people of the United States. So, why do they demonize us? They know – those who direct the Empire – they know the truth. But they fear the truth. They fear the contagious effect. They fear a revolution in the United States. They fear an awakening of the people in the United States. And so that’s why they do everything they can. And they achieve it, relatively, that a lot of sectors in the United States see us as devils. No one wants to copy the devil.

Hugo Chavez: Unless they are devils too. And the people aren’t devils. The people are the voice of God.

Cindy Sheehan: Well, one of the biggest names they call you in the United States is dictator. Can you explain to my listeners and the people, for the benefit of this documentary why you are not a dictator?

Hugo Chavez: In the first place, personally, I am against dictatorships. I’m an anti-dictator. We are here in Uruguay, in Montevideo. You know how many dictatorships were in this country. The Guerilla army. I’m an anti-Guerilla. In addition to that, from a political point of view, I’ve been elected one, two, three, four times, by popular vote. In Venezuela, we have elections all the time. Every year, we have elections in Venezuela. One time, Lula, the president of Brazil… when he was in Europe, someone asked him “Why are you friends with that dictator Chavez?” And Lula said a big truth: “In Venezuela, there is an excess of democracy. Every year there are elections. And if there aren’t any, Chavez invents them. Referendums, popular consultations, elections for governors, mayors. Right now, soon we are starting national assembly elections, this year. In 2012 there is going to be a presidential election again. What dictator is elected so many times? What dictator convenes referendums? I’m an anti-dictator. I am a revolutionary. A democratic revolutionary.

Cindy Sheehan: Well, I have witnessed this revolution. I’ve witnessed the empowerment of the people of Venezuela, which is very inspiring, because the people in the United States don’t feel this empowerment. I even rode the Metrocable, and I’m afraid of heights. But I went out to San Augustin and then walked down the steps and saw how that so-called dictatorship has made the life of the people much better here in Venezuela. Also in the commemoration of the Caracazo you announced that you will again going to run for president in 2012. You’ve come a long way, but there is still a long way to go. What do you still think needs to be accomplished as far as infrastructure and the needs of the people in Venezuela?

Hugo Chavez: To tell you in a mathematical way, despite everything we’ve done in education, healthcare, infrastructure, housing, employment, social security, etc., mathematically, I believe, of everything we’ve done and we have to achieve for the people, we have achieved about 10%. It’s been 200 years of abandonment. The people have been abandoned. All the wealth of the country was in the hands of the elite. We talk about the bicentennial cycle, 2010 to 2030, we have to work really hard. In every aspect, infrastructure etc. I hope that you, in a few years, won’t just go up in the metrocable in San Augustin, but all of Caracas is going to have metrocables, and everywhere, every place, housing, reconstruction in poor neighborhoods, the construction of new cities for the people and dignified housing, there is still a lot to do, to achieve what Simon Bolivar said. Bolivar taught us…

(Pres. Evo Morales comes in)

Hugo Chavez: Oh look! Evo is here. Evo, come and sit down! Bolivar taught us that the best government is the one that gives the people the best amount of happiness. That’s our goal. The best, the largest amount of happiness.

My friend Evo, the president of Bolivia, who just got here, he is an indigenous leader! Brother how are you?

Evo Morales: Good, good.

Cindy Sheehan: Presidente Morales. Mucho gusto. So nice to meet you.

Hugo Chavez (introduces Cindy): Cindy Sheehan. She is a fighter for peace, against the war. She is a US citizen. One of her sons died in Iraq. So, she’s interviewing us. And maybe you want to answer a question.

Evo Morales: (gives Indian blessing)

Hugo Chavez: To live well. It’s a Mala Indian philosophy. To live well, a good live. To live well, spiritually, intellectually, physically, that’s what it’s about.

Cindy Sheehan: Thank you, that’s what it should be about. I have one final question.

Thank you for your generosity. This has been really wonderful. Maybe Presidente Morales could have some input about this too. We see your rise to power in Venezuela as kind of a grassroots movement that has been spreading and has helped President Morales in Bolivia, and we see people all over South America taking back the power. Because the power belongs in the hands of the people. A couple of weeks ago in the United States, a man flew his airplane into the tax building in Austin, Texas. Did you hear about that?

Evo Morales/ Hugo Chavez: Yes.

Cindy Sheehan: There is much frustration with the system. And there is a lot of that frustration in the United States. But instead of flying planes into buildings we should find each other and organize. In the United States of course, we are now a system that is also for the elite, ruled by the elite, it’s a “corporatocracy”, it’s for the corporate elite. Of course, in my opinion, I believe the United States need the same grassroots revolution, power back to the people, that you’ve all had here in South America. Can you give us some words of inspiration to encourage us, to give us the courage and heart for a true revolutionary change?

Hugo Chavez: We were the same, dominated, persecuted, and also there was a lot of desperation, just like that man who flew the plane into the building. There is a lot of that, of lot of those impulses, suicidal tendencies. Now, that’s NOT the path. The path is consciousness, a conscious awakening. Evo was persecuted, from very young, I met him when he was an Assembly member, and they threw him out of Congress, and they persecuted him, they jailed him, a lot of his fellow strugglers died. And us too, we had our own experiences. A lot of our brothers died as well, a lot of us went to prison. But consciousness. That’s why you’re doing the right thing. The path is not to fly a plane into a building. It’s to create consciousness. And then the rest will come on its own. I’d like to take this moment to say hello to people of the United States. And us here in the South, we have a lot of faith. And the people in the North are going to wake up. Just like you have woken. Just like many have had an awakening. You can do great changes in the United States, and in a peaceful way, I hope. Because, what happens in the United States, those changes in the United States depend a lot…the future of the world depends on that a lot.

(Pres. Chavez addresses Pres. Morales) Evo, would you like to say something?

Cindy Sheehan: Please!

Evo Morales: I just finished a meeting with Eduardo Galliano.

Cindy Sheehan: Oh, I know him.

Evo Morales: He’s so inspirational with the people, about nature. Galliano is also going to the inauguration of Pepe Mujica. (Pres. Morales and Pres. Chavez talk to each other.) And he’s going to bring some strategies, proposals, and we’re going to have a meeting with Galliano and the cocoa workers …

Cindy Sheehan: Oh. Very wonderful.

Evo Morales: To talk about equality and our experiences. The difficult things, how to unite us and to raise our consciousness. What you’re talking about. The power resides with the people. I was just with Commandante Borhez, Thomas Borhez from Nicaragua. We were talking about issues of consciousness in Peru, in Colombia, on how to build a big political movement. But the issue is unity. In my experience, first the (inaudible), the marginalized, we united first, the farmers and the indigenous. And from that it went on. Just like that unity, we need to do that with the political parties on the left and then the workers unite. Those are the forces that we have, the power that the people have. To get there is hard, you have to raise consciousness.

Cindy Sheehan: My documentary is called “We are all Americans”. It comes from when I was being interviewed on Fox News and Sean Hannity told me how could I meet with the anti-American dictator Hugo Chavez. And I said: ”But Sean, he is an American”. We are all Americans and that’s where the consciousness has to be raised and the unity has to come from in realizing that.

And so, it’s been my highest honor to sit with you, Presidente, thank you for your hospitality and that of Venezuela and to finally meet you. I was invited to Bolivia to help to support you for your recall, but I was running for Congress against Nazi policy in the United States. It was a bad time. I lost. (laughs) I didn’t win.

Hugo Chavez: But we will prevail.

Cindy Sheehan: We will be victorious. Thank you so much.

Hugo Chavez: We have to end, but I want to say something to you. Just about 5 days ago, we were in Cancun. We were on our way out from the hotel and the press was there, and there were some tourists – from California. So I went up to them and I said hi to a woman and her child and another woman. A lot of affection. It was spontaneous. And then I told my friends. I found tourists. I found US tourists. Older adults, young women, men, adolescents. I’ve met with them in Japan, Moscow, Beijing, in the Caribbean, everywhere in the world, in Buenos Aires. I’ve never felt one look of hate, but rather affection, so I think that despite everything, I believe the people of the United States in the depths of their hearts, they know how to appreciate where lies are and where the truth is. That’s why we have such hope. And here is my heart for those people of the United States. They call us anti-US-leaders, anti-American leaders, but we are not. We are anti-imperialist. But we love the people of the United States. We love humanity.

Cindy Sheehan: Muchas Gracias!

Audio at Dandelion Salad

I's a going to:

Many thanks for registering for tomorrow's seminar, Venezuela Under Threat, for which you should have already received confirmation. Please find below some further details of the agenda.

Location of Venue and Getting There:

A map of the venue can be found at http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=529280&y=182164&z=0&sv=w1t+5dl&st =2&pc=w1t+5dl&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf . The full address of the venue is Bolivar Hall, 54 Grafton Way, London, W1T 5DL.

Please note when planning your journey time that Warren Street tube station is closed tomorrow and the Victoria Line is also out of action. Other tube stations within walking distance (and Euston mainline station) are open and the venue is on a number of bus routes - check www.tfl.gov.uk for further information and to plan your journey.

Registration and Agenda:

Registration on the day is at 11.00am, with the first session starting at 11.30am. Tea and coffee will be available on arrival and the event will close with a short reception, with refreshments kindly provided by the Venezuelan Embassy.

There will be 3 sessions throughout the day with time for questions and discussion:

The US War on Democracy - The Historical and Regional Context of the Threat to Venezuela
Creating the Conditions for Intervention into Venezuela - The US, the Media & the Venezuelan Opposition from the 2002 Coup to Today
Venezuela Under Threat - Defend Social Progress, Stop the New US Militarization of the Region!
Best wishes and I look forward to seeing you tomorrow,

Matt Willgress
Co-ordinator
Venezuela Solidarity Campaign (formerly VIC)
Tel: 020 7420 8963
www.vicuk.org

Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

46 US Warships Plus 7,000 US Marines On Route To Costa Rica?
www.welovecostarica.com
‎46 US Warships Plus 7,000 US Marines On Route To Costa Rica?

http://www.welovecostarica.com/public/46_US_Warships_Plus_7000_US_Mari nes_On_Route_To_Costa_Rica.cfm

outsider

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marines disembark in Costa Rica, for 'drug-trafficking' control: Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

http://machetera.wordpress.com/2010/07/17/why-are-marines-disembarking -in-costa-rica/

outsider

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Venezuela situation going critical...

To save time, I'm posting part of an email I sent out:

Venezuela situation is going critical; US has surrounded it with massive forces; Nick Rockefeller told Aaron Russo that after 'Afghanistan, Iraq, & 'War on Terror',
US would deal with Venezuela (this was 11 months BEFORE 9/11!!!).

To save time, I'm copying part of email I sent to a Venezuelan Solidarity group in UK ('Hands off Venezuela'):

There is a film by Oliver Stone, 'South of the Border', opening Friday 30th July (this Friday) till Thursday 5th August, with Chavez as well as others, playing at the Empire Leicester Square:

https://www.visitlondon.com/events/detail/8590812

It might be a good idea to prepare either a one or two-sided A5 leaflet and leaflet the cinemagoers, informing them of developments (recent re-commissioning of US Fourth Fleet after it had been mothballed after WWII, and sending it to patrol the Carribean and Pacific coasts; leasing of 7 bases from Colombia's US puppet leaders; machination in Dutch Antilles; and 'anti-drug task force' landing (and off-shore) in Costa Rico, as well as Colombia's US-backed and inspired bellicosity.
Once again, banging my head against a brick wall, I'll ask those of you who haven't watched it, to watch the online video 'Aaron Russo: Historic Interview'.

Also, info below.

UK-wide filming of Oliver Stone's 'South of the Border' from tommorow:
http://southoftheborder.dogwoof.com/screening/

http://venezuelanalysis.com/news/5524

http://boliviarising.blogspot.com/2010/07/bolivia-calls-unasur-meeting -to-solve.html

This stuff really is urgent; please try to publicise situation.

Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup not looking good:-

Name:ALERT TO ALL TZM/TVP SUPPORTERS: Concerning Venezuela:
Now is a critical time. We must voice to the world that there is a way to surpass these predatory stages of humanity, that there is a way to peacefully unite a species. When injustices glare the strongest so do the solutions. We must speak out, come together in solidarity to support the Venezuelan people and the TZM Chapter located there. It is now time to spring-launch The Zeitgeist Movement out of the embryonic stages of development. Privacy type:Open: All content is public.
Contact Details

Email:the.zeitgeist.movement.now@gmail.com
Recent news

News:Attention All,

Mounting evidence suggests that Venezuela is about to get hit hard. We need to support the recently organized Venezuelan ZM Chapter and the entire country. We have to expose this unjust war that's in the brewing. As The Zeitgeist Movement WE MUST oppose this with ear deafening repugnance AND SHOW the world that there is a way to end this tyrannical merry-go-round-cycles of escalating of aggression, human exploitation, and environmental degradation.

Sources indicate that the United States in collusion with Columbia is about to launch a pre-emptive attack on Venezuela. Colombia recently gave Venezuela a 30 day ultimatum to "stop supporting terrorist actions". (1) Hugo Chavez ( the president of Venezuela) claims has received intelligence that US is planning to go to war with Venezuela and will use Columba as the catalyst, and in turn Chavez ordered his troops to the highest state of combat readiness. (2)

Chavez has been on the top Washington's hit-list for a long time. His talk about democracy in Latin America and his refusal to genuflect to U.S. empire is too dangerous. The CIA during the Bush administration tried taking him out by staging a coup in 2002, but failed. (3) And in Feb. 2010, the U.S. National Directorate of Intelligence (NDI) classified Venezuela as “Anti-U.S. Leader” in the annual threat assessment, and this was right after Chavez threatened to cut the US from its oil in the near future. Venezuela has one of the last remaining large oil reserves. (4)

Also its critical to know that ever since Ecuador's president Rafael Correa decided to terminate Washington's use to Ecuador's Mantra military base, (the last one open to the US in S. America) (5) US and Colombia concluded a secret deal to permit the US to use seven military bases in Colombia in July 2009. (6)

The official purpose is to counter narcotrafficking and terrorism, "but senior Colombian military and civilian officials familiar with negotiations told The Associated Press that the idea is to make Colombia a regional hub for Pentagon operations," AP reported. Allowing the United States to have swift control over possible threats. There are reports that the agreement provides Colombia with privileged access to US military supplies. Colombia had already become the leading recipient of US military aid.(7)

AP also cited an April 1999 document of the U.S. Air Mobility Command, which proposes that the Palanquero base in Colombia could become a "cooperative security location" (CSL) from which "mobility operations could be executed." It quite transparent that this was setup for US attacks against Venezuela. (7)

And within the past couple weeks, the Costa Rican government authorized 46 US war ships & 7,000 marines into their maritime and land territory under the guise of "fighting drug trafficking" but it seems likely that of this mobilization could be used for a pre-emptive attack on Venezuela. (Cool

Also the purpose of the 10,000 US military personnel occupying the Port Au Prince airport in Haiti now becomes clear. (9) It is to neutralise any air cover that Cuba decides to offer to the defense of Venezuela. Raul Castro, the president of Cuba's Council of Ministers assured Cuba’s full support for Venezuela's right to defend itself from threats and provocations, saying that nobody can ever doubt “who Cuba will side with,” in case of any problem. (10) The earthquake merely provided a convenient cover for an operation many years in the planning.

Chavez is too dangerous for US interests. He is disrupting the United States hegemony on the oil. He has long been a vehement critic of western oppression. He has to go. Columbia has supplied no evidence for terrorist operations in Venezuela because there is no evidence. These are the same tactics used to illegally invade Iraq and Afghanistan. What they mean by "terrorist" is the poor and disenfranchised of Latin America who are disrupting their plans for further rape and pillage. If you have been listening the US has been beating this war-drum louder and louder leading up to this 30 day warning for Venezuela and the US has shown they are quite serious about silencing Chavez. As you read this the US is supplying Columbia with the weapons while mounting marines and battle ships. Its success will stabilize the US economy and stave off the double-dip recession that is otherwise likely and maintain its rule over the last drops of oil left.

*** Now is a critical time. We must voice to the world that there is a way to surpass these predatory stages of humanity, that there is a way to peacefully unite a species. When injustices glare the strongest so do the solutions. We must speak out, come together in solidarity to support the Venezuelan people and the TZM Chapter located there. It is now time to spring-launch The Zeitgeist Movement out of the embryonic stages of development.

*** SOURCES AT BOTTOM

IT'S NOW TIME TO AMP UP OUR PRESENCE.

1.) Email, call, or walk into your local news headquarters and or radio stations. Pressure them to start covering this now, exposing what it really is before the US can instill its propaganda, convincing the public that its actions against Venezuela are needed to fight this fake war on terror. Send them the above statement with the sources attached. Even if you do not live in the US.

Explain to them that you are a member of The Zeitgeist Movement, the advocacy arm of The Venus Project, which has a way to finally ending these cycles of war and exploitation. Give them information on this direction.

2.) Email and or call the following people and anyone else you think is progressive on this issue.

A.)

Eva Golinger is a Venezuelan-American attorney from New York. She's been on top of this trying to expose this big time. Contact asking her, informing her about TZM and what we can do and how we can help her expose this. I'm sure she has got some good ideas.

Her email: evagolinger@gmail.com

She has a FB page.

Her twitter: http://twitter.com/evagolinger

Her website is: http://www.chavezcode.com/

B.)

Pressure John Perkins to write an article about this in the Huffington Post or to speak out in everyway. Whats going on here fits everything he has written about. He has made alot of money for his three books talking about the messed up stuff he did while as an EHM. Tell him that is he has really changed, if he is truly sincere he'll quite staying in the safe zone i.e., talking about events after they have happened and start putting his head on the chopping board by exposing them before they have happened. Tell him that remaining silent in times when people are in trouble and only talking about them when its safe disqualifies himself from being taken seriously.

Here are 3 emails that affiliated in someway to him. Flood them with emails.

pegbooth@boothmedia.com
info@dreamchange.org
danielsphotography@mac.com

C.)

Second person. Noam Chomsky.

Institute Professor & Professor of Linguistics (Emeritus)
Linguistic Theory, Syntax, Semantics, Philosophy of Language

Linguistic Articles (pdf)
Linguistic Books (pdf)

Mailing Address:
MIT Linguistics and Philosophy
77 Massachusetts Avenue, 32-D808
Cambridge, MA 02139
USA

Office Number: 32-D840
email: chomsky@mit.edu
tel: 617-253-7819

Also Chomsky and Perkins has facebook pages.

Flood him. Ask him what we can do ( he may have some ideas) and tell him to speak out before the American Government can make this look like a worthy legal war. There is no one who knows more about this than Chomsky. Explain to Chomsky what this movement is about as well.

3.) Spread this around on FB and think of as many creative ways you can spread this.

"People often ask me, "How long will it take to make the world a beautiful place" I have to tell them thats its not up to me, it's up to you...If you do nothing, nothing will change" -Jacque Fresco

------------------------------

SOURCE 1 -------

"Long-simmering feud behind Venezuela-Colombia split" July 27, 2010, Xinhua News Agency

http://ipsnews.net/news.asp?idnews=52252

SOURCE 2 --------

"Chavez says US, Colombia seek pretext for ‘invasion',
July 24, 2010, The Malaysian Insider

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/world/article/chavez-says-us-colomb ia-seek-pretext-for-invasion/

SOURCE 3-----------

"The CIA Was Involved In the Coup Against Venezuela's Chavez" 11/24/2004, The Venezuelan Analysis

http://venezuelanalysis.com/analysis/800

SOURCE 4 -----------

"Venezuela head threatens US oil cut over Colombia row" 7/25/2010, The BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-10757064

SOURCE 5-----------

"Ecuador Giving U.S. Air Base the Boot" 9/04/2008, The Washington Post

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wpdyn/content/article/2008/09/03/AR20080 90303289.html

SOURCE 6-----------

"Columbia: US base Sparks Suspicion" 12/1/2009
Foreign Policy Digest

http://www.foreignpolicydigest.org/Longstanding-Conflict-December-2009  /December-2009/colombia-us-base-sparks-suspicions.html

SOURCE 7----------

"Militarizing Latin America" 8/30/2009, by Noam Chomsky

http://www.chomsky.info/articles/20090830.htm

SOURCE 8---------

"7,000 U.S. Marines Landing on the Beaches of Costa Rica"
7/12/2010, The Global Post

http://www.globalpost.com/webblog/costa-rica/7000-us-marines-landing-t he-beaches-costa-rica

SOURCE 9 ---------

"US Using 4 Airports to Support Haiti Relief or to ...???"
21/01.2010, Lebanese Communication Group, Al-Manar TV

http://www.almanar.com.lb/NewsSite/NewsDetails.aspx?id=120931&language =en

SOURCE 10--------

"Raul Castro: Cuba and Venezuela are Moving Towards the Economic Union" 26/7/2010 ACN Cuban News

http://www.cubanews.ain.cu/2010/0726raul-castro-cuba-and-venezuela-are -moving.htm

outsider

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Venezuela 'Solidarity' events coming up shortly (17/18 Sept.), and HoV meeting Tuesday 7th September near Kings Cross, London; also please consider signing online Solidarity Statement:

The Hands off Venezuela campaign and the Bolivarian Congress of the Peoples are calling for International Days of Action in Solidarity with the Bolivarian Revolution on September 17 and 18.

This coming Tuesday (7th) at 7pm HOV London will be holding its regular
monthly meeting to organise upcoming solidarity activities.

This is a critical time for the Bolivarian Revolution, with parliamentary elections taking place on September 26 and the right-wing opposition set
to make gains, having boycotted the last elections. (Please see the HOV statement on the upcoming elections:
http://www.handsoffvenezuela.org/venezuela_september_26_elections.htm and add your name to our signature campaign in support of the Bolivarian
revolution:
STATEMENT - ADD YOUR SIGNATURE - LIST OF SIGNATURES -EVENTS ORGANISED:
http://handsoffvenezuela.org/on_september_26_we_support_the_bolivarian _revolution.htm).

We are organising solidarity activities in London around these critical elections, so come down and get involved!

07 Septembre · 19:00 - 22:00
National Union of Journalists
308 Gray's Inn Road
London, United Kingdom

Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://dandelionsalad.wordpress.com/2010/09/16/us-media-intensifies-ca mpaign-against-chavez-by-eva-golinger/

US Media Intensifies Campaign Against Chavez by Eva Golinger
Posted on September 16, 2010 by dandelionsalad
http://dandelionsalad.wordpress.com/
by Eva Golinger
Postcards from the Revolution
Sept 15, 2010

As election time approaches in Venezuela, international media increase negative coverage of the South American nation. CNN applauds terrorism against Venezuela, while Fox News accuses the Chavez government of terrorism
The bombardment of negative, false, distorted and manipulated news about Venezuela in US media has increased in volume and intensity during the last few days. Venezuela is subjected to this phenomenon every time an electoral process nears. This international media campaign against the government of Hugo Chavez appears to have a clear and coordinated objective: removing the Venezuelan President from power.
During the last eight years, those pursuing this same objective have promoted, and attempted to justify, coup d’etats, economic sabotages, terrorist acts, assassination attempts, electoral interventions, psychological warfare and a disproportionate increase in US military presence in the region – all with the goal of ousting President Chavez. And to achieve this objective – which every year seems attainable to the powers that be – millions and millions of US taxpayer dollars are channeled by US agencies into political parties, campaigns, candidates and organizations that oppose Chavez.
International media also do their part. With sensationalist headlines and slanted reports, mass media try to condition public opinion to believe any action or aggression against Venezuela will be necessary to remove the “evil” Chavez from power.
[...]
via Postcards from the Revolution: US MEDIA INTENSIFIES CAMPAIGN AGAINST CHAVEZ: http://www.chavezcode.com/2010/09/us-media-intensifies-campaign-agains t.html

outsider

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FBI raiding Colombia Solidarity home in US:

OpEdNews

Original Content at http://www.opednews.com/articles/Victim-of-FBI-Raid-Speaks-by-Tom-Eley -101002-568.html

October 2, 2010

Victim of FBI Raid Speaks Out

By Tom Eley

Antiwar activists in Minneapolis and Chicago targeted in last week's FBI raids for their support of nationalist movements defined by the US as "terrorist" say they have done nothing illegal and that the invasion of their homes came without warning.

Most of those raided have been served with subpoenas to appear before a grand jury in Chicago on October 12. An unknown number of activists in other states, including Michigan, North Carolina, California and Wisconsin, have been approached by the FBI for interviews, although it is not clear if additional subpoenas have been issued.

Jess Sundin, whose home in south Minneapolis was raided and who received a grand jury subpoena, spoke with the World Socialist Web Site about the government attack.

"At 7 AM I awoke to the sound of banging at my front door," Sundin said. "My daughter and my partner were already awake. By the time I got downstairs, there were six or seven federal agents in our house.

"When they came in and asked if we had any guns in the house, my six-year-old said, 'We don't believe in guns'. She took offense at the suggestion. We don't even allow toy guns in our house.

"The agents showed me a search warrant and proceeded to go through everything in my house, every room. Among the things they seized, they took books, they took music CD's, photographs, computers, my cell phone, check book, papers, camera and a lot more.

"We were very clear that we were not going to talk to them. They gave both my partner and me our subpoenas for the grand jury. They told us we were not detained, we could leave, but no one else was allowed in. We couldn't use the phone, except to call a lawyer.

"They took my phone into their possession and kept it with boxes and lists. I could hear it going off but I wasn't allowed to answer it. Steff, my partner, kept possession of her phone but we weren't allowed to use it to make or receive phone calls.

"They took about four hours to search the house. I don't know how many boxes they carried out. They gave me a receipt, but I refused to sign it. I said, "I don't know what you've taken.'"

Sundin said it was "immediately clear" to her that she was being targeted for her antiwar activism, and, in particular, her activity against US foreign policy in Colombia and the Middle East.

"The US is heavily involved in Colombia," Sundin said. "They've been building military bases and they've been funding the Colombian government's war against its own people. It's the third largest recipient of US foreign aid in the world.

"Israel is the largest recipient of US foreign aid. And the Palestinian people have lived for generations--sixty-plus years--without an internationally recognized state. Their homes are bulldozed, they're second-class citizens with no right to participate in the political process. And in places like Gaza bombs fall from the sky."

Sundin said she is a member of the Freedom Road Socialist Organization, a founding member of the Anti-War Committee of the Twin Cities, and a member of AFSCME (American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees) Local 3800. She is a clerical worker at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis.

Sundin's opposition to US foreign policy took her to Iraq in 1998, where the sanctions regime imposed on the country by the Clinton administration and its allies had created a humanitarian disaster.

"We went to a children's hospital where I was most struck by the empty shelves in the pharmacy and the stories that doctors shared of a health care system that had been the best in the Middle East, but had been paralyzed by the sanctions and the war," she said. "So you had children that died because there weren't IV fluids to give them. You had people who died because they couldn't get inhalers for asthma, antibiotics, heart medicine. These things just weren't available there" The most striking thing I saw was Al Ameriya, which was a bomb shelter that was destroyed by two US smart bombs in 1991."

Sundin said she does not know what sort of case the government intends to make against her. The search warrant indicates the FBI may well seek criminal prosecution based on the "Antiterrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act of 1996," which, in effect, proscribes political speech in support of organizations the US president defines as "terrorist."

The law, which prohibits "knowingly provid[ing] material support or resources to a foreign terrorist organization," even if that support consists of "expert advice or assistance" for "lawful, non-violent purposes," was upheld in June by the Supreme Court in the case Holder v. Humanitarian Law Project.

Sundin said she "can't speculate on what the government's plans are, but I will say that when we arise to the defense of democratic rights for any movement, it is for the greater protection of every movement."

She concluded by pointing to the threat that the raids and grand jury subpoenas pose not just to the targeted individuals, but to their families. "Lastly, I will say that I am the mother of a six-year-old," Sundin said. "A number of us involved in this case are the parents of young children, and I'm worried about what this means for our kids. I believe that I have the right to speak and that I wasn't putting my job in jeopardy by doing so."

Those raided by the FBI are clearly under attack for constitutionally protected political speech. The raids and grand jury hearings, at which those subpoenaed do not have the right to counsel, represent a frontal attack on democratic rights and a major step in the direction of police-state forms of rule. The Obama administration has carried out the raids to establish a precedent and test the waters for far more sweeping attacks on political opponents of the government's reactionary policies, both foreign and domestic.

The Socialist Equality Party and the World Socialist Web Site call on all workers, youth and students who oppose the war policies of the government and all those who uphold democratic rights to defend the victims of the FBI raids. We have fundamental political differences with the Freedom Road Socialist Organization, which has its roots in Maoist student groups from the 1960s and 1970s, but we are unreserved in our defense of the democratic rights of the organization and its members against state repression.

Author's Website: http://www.wsws.org/articles/2009/apr2009/pers-a11.shtml

Author's Bio: Tom Eley is the author of numerous articles and writes regularly from a Socialist perspective on national and international issues for www.wsws.org, the voice of the International Committee of the Fourth International.

Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

?? Surprised

http://www.upi.com/Business_News/Security-Industry/2010/10/18/Venezuel a-Russia-nuke-deal-a-new-headache-for-US-IAEA/UPI-87341287435639/

Venezuela-Russia nuke deal a new headache for U.S., IAEA
Published: Oct. 18, 2010 at 5:00 PM

CARACAS, Venezuela, Oct. 18 (UPI) -- Russia's agreement to build a nuclear power station and a research reactor in Venezuela has handed the Obama administration and the International Atomic Energy Agency with a headache that won't go away easily.

The problem isn't so much the introduction of nuclear energy to the Latin American country, which has growing electricity needs, but the unpredictable policies of populist President Hugo Chavez.

U.S. State Department spokesman Philip Crowley said in Washington the United States hoped both Russia and Venezuela would act responsibly and adhere to IAEA rules. Comparisons with the Iran nuclear row figured in Crowley's briefing with reporters.

Any criticism of Chavez is readily equated in Caracas with ill intentions toward Chavez but oil-rich Venezuela this year won dubious distinction as the only major Latin American economy to shrink despite steady income from crude oil exports.

Prolonged outages of power and water supplies in 2009 and this year, which exacerbated popular discontent, were partly the result of severe drought but expert evidence cited in the government's own performance reports cited inefficiencies and waste.

Poor investment in the energy sector was also blamed for the energy crisis. A stopgap investment program to upgrade the infrastructure at a cost of $192 million was seen by opposition critics as too little too late.

The 500 megawatt Russian-built power station could take several years to be ready but Chavez faces elections next year and has seen his congressional majority halved in recent polls.

After a deal signed during his ninth visit to Moscow since coming to power in 1999, Chavez announced: "Venezuela is on its way to getting nuclear power. I hardly need to say so but I'll say it anyway: for peaceful purposes, of course."

Chavez added, "They'll say that we are going to build atomic bombs. No, we are not ... nothing is going to stop us, we are free, sovereign and independent."

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said, "Our intentions are absolutely pure and open. We want our partner Venezuela to have a full range of energy possibilities."

However, the deal follows more than $4 billion of Russian military sales, at least $2.2 billion on flexible credit terms. The deal enabled Russia to transfer Soviet-era military hardware to Venezuela as part of its strategy to stimulate Russian arms industries. Included in the deal are about 100 T-72 tanks, fighter jets and helicopters, short-range missiles and 100,000 Kalashnikov rifles of an earlier make.

Opposition critics of Chavez say the arms buying is superfluous to Venezuela's needs. Chavez says Venezuela needs the weapons to defend itself against foreign adversaries among which names Colombia and the United States.

Critics say Venezuela could meet most of its energy needs through a better management of its vast hydroelectric resources and several new renewable energy projects.

Crowley said, "Any new nuclear program or activity should be conducted in accordance with the highest standards of non-proliferation, safety and security, including IAEA safeguards."

He added, "Venezuela and Russia have international obligations and we expect them to meet those obligations."

Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (R) and Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez wave for media during a welcoming ceremony for Chavez in Tehran, Iran on April 2, 2009. UPI/Mohammad Kheirkhah

outsider

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ D_D:
'Crowley said, "Any new nuclear program or activity should be conducted in accordance with the highest standards of non-proliferation, safety and security, including IAEA safeguards."

He added, "Venezuela and Russia have international obligations and we expect them to meet those obligations." '

And let's hope the 'Honourable' Aleister (sorry, Philip!) Crowley will be doling out the same advice to Israel.

Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but outsider how will that affect the BBCs fair and balanced Very Happy

Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://axisoflogic.com/artman/publish/Article_63079.shtml?utm_source=f eedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+axisoflogic%2FAxisFeed+ %28axisoflogic.com

Venezuela: No Oil Contracts with US Government ( 0) Print This ShareThis
By News Bulletin
T/ AVN via Correo del Orinoco
Friday, May 27, 2011

PDVSA employees respond to U.S. sanctions In response to State Department sanctions against Venezuela, oil supply to the US could be affected The Obama administration unilaterally, and in violation of international law, imposed sanctions against the Venezuelan state oil company, PDVSA, this week, accusing the Chavez administration of aiding in developing Iran’s nuclear program. This far-fetched claim was soundly rejected by the South American nation and other allied countries in the region, who have deemed this latest hostility of Washington towards Venezuela as an “act of aggression”. The Chavez government announced it will reserve its right to respond accordingly and is evaluating the effects on its supply of oil to the US.

Venezuelans supporting PDVSA and President Chávez
against U.S. Sanctions on May 25 in Caracas

Since 2005, Venezuela has not had any type of oil contract with the US government, nor has it received financing from the US Export-Import Bank, noted Venezuela’s Minister of Energy and Oil, Rafael Ramirez, this week. As such, the scope of the sanctions imposed by Washington against state-owned oil company PDVSA are not clear.

Nonetheless, Ramirez explained that export licenses, which were also included in the unilateral sanctions, are “undefined” until the situation is clarified.

“We have to ask [the US] what the scope of their measure is, because we have only received information from very-low-level authorities. We believe they are making a political point more than an economic one”, he stated.

Additionally, Ramirez said that continuity of oil shipments to the US will be decided according to assessments made by the Venezuelan government. “Curiously, they say we can continue exporting oil to the US in spite of these sanctions, but they are wrong because that is a decision that will be made according to our own terms. They hope to dictate what our response will be, but this is an issue concerning sovereignty”, he explained.

The US government announced sanctions against PDVSA on Tuesday for its relations with Iran, but those sanctions would not disallow the sale of Venezuelan oil to the US. Deputy Secretary of State James Steinberg said that the sanctions would prevent PDVSA from having access to contracts with the US government and financing imports and exports through US institutions.

Source: T/ AVN via Correo del Orinoco

Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/08/09/world/americas/venezuela-chavez-arre st/index.html
Quote:
Chavez: Venezuela arrests U.S. 'mercenary'
By the CNN Wire Staff
August 11, 2012 -- Updated 0047 GMT (0847 HKT)

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

Chavez does not identify the man, but says he was arrested five days ago
"We are interrogating him," Chavez says at a campaign event
The president warns of opposition plans to destabilize the country

Caracas, Venezuela (CNN) -- Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez said authorities have arrested a U.S. citizen who "had all the appearances of a mercenary" working to destabilize the South American country's government.

"We are interrogating him," Chavez said at a campaign event Thursday.

Chavez said the man, whom he did not identify, was arrested five days earlier while illegally trying to cross the border from Colombia into Venezuela.

U.S. officials are operating on the assumption that Chavez's forces have someone in custody, a U.S. government source told CNN on Friday. U.S. officials have reached out to the Venezuelan government on the matter, but haven't received information, the source said.

Chavez said the passport the man was carrying had stamps from recent years in Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya. The president also said police seized a notebook with written coordinates from the man.

"It sends a powerful signal, how this citizen wanted to illegally enter the country, to do who knows what. ... He says he was fleeing from I don't know who. The certainty is that this forces us to activate many more alarms everywhere," Chavez said.

Chavez, who is running for reelection, has repeatedly accused U.S. officials and members of Venezuela's opposition of plotting to destabilize the country's government.

outsider

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disco_Destroyer wrote:
http://edition.cnn.com/2012/08/09/world/americas/venezuela-chavez-arre st/index.html
Quote:
Chavez: Venezuela arrests U.S. 'mercenary'
By the CNN Wire Staff
August 11, 2012 -- Updated 0047 GMT (0847 HKT)

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

Chavez does not identify the man, but says he was arrested five days ago
"We are interrogating him," Chavez says at a campaign event
The president warns of opposition plans to destabilize the country

Caracas, Venezuela (CNN) -- Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez said authorities have arrested a U.S. citizen who "had all the appearances of a mercenary" working to destabilize the South American country's government.

"We are interrogating him," Chavez said at a campaign event Thursday.

Chavez said the man, whom he did not identify, was arrested five days earlier while illegally trying to cross the border from Colombia into Venezuela.

U.S. officials are operating on the assumption that Chavez's forces have someone in custody, a U.S. government source told CNN on Friday. U.S. officials have reached out to the Venezuelan government on the matter, but haven't received information, the source said.

Chavez said the passport the man was carrying had stamps from recent years in Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya. The president also said police seized a notebook with written coordinates from the man.

"It sends a powerful signal, how this citizen wanted to illegally enter the country, to do who knows what. ... He says he was fleeing from I don't know who. The certainty is that this forces us to activate many more alarms everywhere," Chavez said.

Chavez, who is running for reelection, has repeatedly accused U.S. officials and members of Venezuela's opposition of plotting to destabilize the country's government.

Sounds very fishy, as though the Americans wanted him to get caught.
No real attempted infiltrator would have a passport with those entries.

outsider

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'41 Killed in Gas Explosion in Venezuela, 3 Days of National Mourning Declared'
By Rachael Boothroyd:

http://venezuelanalysis.com/news/7206

' Opposition claims

During his visit, Chavez cautioned against speculating over the causes of the accident until the results from the investigation could be reviewed. The president also denied claims by Venezuela's political opposition and their spokespeople in the media who have cited a lack of government investment at the plant as the cause of the leak.

“I know who is saying this, but I will not stoop to their level,” said Chavez, adding that government investigators had not yet managed to reach the site of the explosion in order to decipher the cause of the leak.

Energy minister Rafael Ramirez also discounted the claims, and confirmed that the plant had received US$4.3 billion from the government since the year began.

Commenting on the political opposition's coverage of the tragedy, grassroots activist Joel Linares from Caracas criticised the private Venezuelan media and opposition figures for using the incident as an opportunity to smear the current government in the run-up to the presidential elections.

“All death is painful, but it hurts even more when it is used to attack and insult the memory and the dignity of the people,” said Linares.

He also pointed out that in 1982 and 1993 there had been two accidents in state refineries in Tacoa and Las Tejerias, which resulted in 260 and 48 deaths respectively.

“In that moment,” said Linares, “it wasn't being blamed on Luis Hererra or Carlos Andres Perez,” who were the presidents at the time.

Following the blast, the Venezuelan opposition candidate Capriles Radonski urged Venezuelans to “seriously reflect” on “where they wanted Venezuela to be headed”.

“We are talking about human lives here, not material damage,” he said.

Reports that government websites were hacked at the time of the explosion and that opposition news station, Globovision, broadcast “exclusive” footage from an unknown person with a professional camera outside the refinery at 2am, have led some journalists to speculate that the cause of the leak was not accidental...'

Not the same 'Globovision' that was so involved with the attempted coup against Hugo Chavez, surely?

Understandably, Hugo is not publicly 'jumping to conclusions'; I of course, don't need to be so careful.
I wonder if it was the Naudet brothers with their 'professional camera' who were on hand at 02.00 hours, to 'document the event'? Or even the high-fiving 'Dancing Israelis'?
One thing that is reported, the filmer of the 'exclusive footage' is unknown to the Government.
Who was it, does he/she/they live in the area; if not, what where they doing there at that time in the morning, with their 'professional camera'?
Is/are that/those person/s known in the area, and known as professional camera owner/s?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Anglo-Zionist Empire: Nation by Nation NWO War Gazetteer All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: