FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cold Fusion refuses to stay dead
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Other Controversies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
disco volante
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: the suppression of cold fusion and steven earl jones Reply with quote

Cold fusion is proposed to be a nuclear fusion reaction that occurs near room temperature and pressure using relatively simple and low-input energy devices. In conventional nuclear fusion, two nuclei are forced to join together to form a heavier nucleus. During that process, energy is released.

Cold fusion is the popular term used to refer to what is properly called "low energy nuclear reactions" (LENR), part of the field of "condensed matter nuclear science" (CMNS).[2] Cold fusion was brought into popular consciousness by the controversy surrounding the Fleischmann-Pons experiment in March 1989. A 1989 panel organized by the U.S. Department of Energy (DoE) concluded there was no convincing evidence that useful sources of energy would result from the phenomena attributed to cold fusion, but was sympathetic to careful funding of additional research to resolve the controversy. A second DOE panel, convened in 2004, reached similar conclusions to the prior panel.

In 2007, Mosier-Boss and Szpak, researchers in the U.S. Navy's Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center San Diego, reported evidence of nuclear reactions[3]. Two other teams have reported similar findings at the American Physical Society meeting of March 2007, although their interpretation vary.

steven e jones

steven e jones participating in the suppression of low cost energy sources

Link

11 minutes and 38 seconds into this film from the late 1980's

HEAVY WATERGATE AND THE WAR AGAINST COLD FUSION

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2229511748333360205&q=Heavy+Wa tergate

Stephen E. Jones, 9-11 “researcher”, was a government agent- sent in by an informant at the Department of Energy- to undermine the work of 2 legitimate scientists, who threatened the control of the military-industrial complex, and the hegemonic rule of the people who Own America.

The United States Department of Energy (DOE) is a Cabinet-level department of the United States government responsible for energy policy and nuclear safety. Its purview includes the nation's nuclear weapons program, nuclear reactor production for the United States Navy, energy conservation, energy-related research, radioactive waste disposal, and domestic energy production. DOE also sponsors more basic and applied scientific research than any other US federal agency, most of this is funded through its system of United States Department of Energy National Laboratories.

In the United States, all nuclear weapons deployed by the US Department of Defense (DOD) are actually on loan to DOD from the DOE, which has federal responsibility for the design, testing and production of all nuclear weapons. DOE in turn uses contractors to carry out its responsibilities; design of the nuclear components of the weapon - Los Alamos National Laboratory and Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, engineering of the weapon systems - Sandia National Laboratory, manufacturing of key components - Los Alamos National Laboratory, testing - Nevada Test Site, and final weapon/warhead assembling/dismantling

Jones claims to have “evidence” of “Thermate” from Ground Zero, however, there is no chain of custody for his alleged evidence, and in fact; Jones’ theories lead people away from studying traces of RDX and similar explosives (which unlike thermate, can be traced to point of origin) and never bringing his audience so much as within miles of mentioning WHO might have actually been behind the deverticalization of the World Trade Center Complex.

Why would Stephen Jones be placed (employed?) to undermine the 9-11 families and truth-seekers? This Clip will demonstrate that (something) other than hydrocarbon fuel was used to create this… If it was an exotic weapon, Dr. Jones would be one of the perfect people to put in a place of leadership in the 9-11 Truth movement… if anyone brings up a legitimate question about the excessive heat and proposes anything related to Fusion, Dr. Jones (an expert in fusion, and also a long-time government contractor) could level his “expert” opinion and state that such inquiries are “preposterous!” or otherwise lay discredit to the inquiry.

check this

Link

whatever happened to cold fusion?

http://physicsweb.org/articles/world/12/3/8

hey not my research but some excellent food for thought in my humble opinion.

i aint sayin this that or the other but its definately food for thought for those genuinely wishing to get expose 9-11 as a military industrial complex orchestration.

richard andrew grove

one of the best 9/11 truthers.....must see this site
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Character hit peices go into controversies
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be a character hit piece, but in this case, it is based on evidence - and evidence that it is linked to a larger cover-up, now directly linked to 9/11 crimes. The cartoons are unneccessary, however.

That's what the evidence shows.

Ask the Tough Questions, Folks!
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this thread is correctly placed under controversies.

I also think it is entirely legitimate to probe and seek answers to any questions regarding the professional background of prominent figures within the 9/11 truth movement.

Food for thought indeed
disco volante
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well you say its a character hitpiece like you truly know the exact character of steven e jones. i think its very very bad news that this man was in direct contact with the department of energy and the suppression of beneficial energy programs FOR THE PEOPLE!

if you want to slug it in some dusty tumbleweed section of the forum then go for it.

me...... my eyes are wide open.

richard andrew grove

one of the best 9/11 truthers.....must see this site
blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Cold Fusion refuses to stay dead Reply with quote

http://www.newenergytimes.com/news/2008/29img/Arata-Demo.htm

Quote:
Arata-Zhang LENR Demonstration
By Steven B. Krivit, New Energy Times, May 22, 2008

OSAKA, JAPAN -- Against a monumental backdrop of bad publicity for cold fusion since 1989, researchers in Japan on May 22 demonstrated the production of excess heat and helium-4, the results of an historic low-energy nuclear reaction experiment.

The mastermind behind the demonstration is Yoshiaki Arata, a highly respected physicist in Japan who has been the recipent of Japan's highest award, the Order of Cultural Merit, and is the first person to have performed a thermonuclear fusion experiment showing large amounts of d-d reactions in Japan.

A lecture by Arata preceded the demonstration before a live audience in Arata Hall (named in his honor) at the Joining and Welding Research Institute at Osaka University. The demonstration took place in the Osaka University Advanced Science & Innovation Center with the help of Arata’s associate, professor Yue Chang Zhang of Shianghai Jiotong University.

Professor Akito Takahashi of Osaka University was an eyewitness to the demonstration.

"Arata and Zhang demonstrated very successfully the generation of continuous excess energy (heat) from ZrO2-nano-Pd sample powders under D2 gas charging and generation of helium-4," Takahashi wrote. "The demonstrated live data looked just like data they reported in their published papers (J. High Temp. Soc. Jpn, Feb. and March issues, 2008). This demonstration showed that the method is highly reproducible."

Takahashi wrote that 60 people from universities and companies in Japan and a few people from other countries attended, as well as representatives from six major newspapers (Asahi, Nikkei, Mainichi, NHK, et al.) and two television stations.

In an earlier conversation with New Energy Times, Arata offered his perspective on "cold fusion" research, which he calls solid nuclear fusion.

"Some people say we have reached the end of science, that there are no more great discoveries that remain. In my view, nature always has more secrets to reveal," Arata wrote. "I always stay on guard not to be too possessed by my own current knowledge. History has shown us repeatedly, for example, the foolishness of denying 'heliocentricism,' which resulted from individuals adhering too strongly to their own knowledge or to what was common sense in the past."

New Energy Times will have a more complete report in the next issue on July 10.

"The conflict between corporations and activists is that of narcolepsy versus remembrance. The corporations have money, power and influence. Our sole influence is public outrage. Extract from "Cloud Atlas (page 125) by David Mitchell.
chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't quite understand the role allegedly given to bad publicity in rubbishing cold fusion.

Where the problem usually arises with this type of research is that it needs to be thoroughly verified that what is claimed to be happening is actually happening.

Any energy is now Big Business and the world is full of shysters and suckers, unfortunately.

It's them or us.
Newspeak International
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Where the problem usually arises with this type of research is that it needs to be thoroughly verified that what is claimed to be happening is actually happening.

That would depend on whose interest it would serve to verify,or discredit the research wouldn't it chek?

Dave Sherlock's:

http://www.myspace.com/GlassAsylum

http://www.myspace.com/chemtrailsuk
chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newspeak International wrote:
Quote:

That would depend on whose interest it would serve to verify,or discredit the research wouldn't it chek?

Not necessarily. Sometimes it is just shysters and suckers.
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/20080603/tod-indonesia-environment-energy -oil-off-384169a.html

It's them or us.
Newspeak International
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are very efficient in your speed of reply and analysis.

I am impressed.

Dave Sherlock's:

chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am impressed.

No need to be, really NI.
I'd seen the story a day or two ago, and the general 'buyer beware' gist of the story struck me as being relevant to BC's story above. I didn't mention it specifically first time because I couldn't find the link at the time.

Though maybe your reply motivated me to google a bit more creatively Smile

It's them or us.
Newspeak International
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chek wrote:

I am impressed.

I'd seen the story a day or two ago, and the general 'buyer beware' gist of the story struck me as being relevant to BC's story above. I didn't mention it specifically first time because I couldn't find the link at the time.

It wasn't meant to be a compliment chek,just a observation of you're ongoing gatekeeping exploits on this site.

Are there any alternative scenarios that you endorse other than "9/11 was an inside job" speel?

Dave Sherlock's:

chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chek wrote:

I am impressed.

It wasn't meant to be a compliment chek,just a observation of you're ongoing gatekeeping exploits on this site.

Are there any alternative scenarios that you endorse other than "9/11 was an inside job" speel?

Only the usual valuable service to humanity of exposing b*llshit wherever it lurks.
The 911 b*llshit happens to be more important to me than the fairy tale stuff though, and considerably more urgent.

It's them or us.
Newspeak International
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chek wrote:
chek wrote:

I am impressed.

Only the usual valuable service to humanity of exposing b*llshit wherever it lurks.
The 911 b*llshit happens to be more important to me than the fairy tale stuff though, and considerably more urgent.

Your mandate is clear enough, though I'll repeat the question,are there any alternative scenarios that you might endorse other than "9/11 was an inside job" chek?

Dave Sherlock's:

chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatekeeping eh? Seems like only last week I was accused of that over something that turned out to be phoney.

So in my experience the term 'gatekeeper' appears to me to be the last bankrupt yelp of those left without an argument. To his credit the accuser in that particular episode was gracious enough to admit his error.

As to your enquiry, you can infer what you like from my responses to whatever topics I participate in.

I sure as hell don't feel any obligation to explain myself to you.

It's them or us.
Pugwash
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to interrupt..

Theoretically cold fusion should be a possibility. The demonstration in the 90's failed to repeat the claims made under controlled conditions. You can bet that while the scientific community repudiated both the scientists and the experiments involved, government scientist around the world went away to find out what was wrong.

Sons of cold fusion..

Equinox programme: Zero-Point Energy
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2464139837181538044&q=&hl=en

It is only a matter of time..
item8
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/Cold-Fusion-It-May-Not-Be-Madness-7 1916.html

Quote:
Cold Fusion: It May Not Be Madness

By Mike Martin, TechNewsWorld, 02/22/11 5:00 AM PT

A handful of intrepid scientists are reigniting interest in work that was dismissed as junk science more than 20 years ago, claiming to have found a way to create more energy from less. The most recent excitement was generated by Italians Sergio Focardi and Andrea Rossi, who demonstrated a device that turned 400 watts of heat power into 12,400 watts. If their results are reproducible, the implications could be monumental.

Cold fusion -- the largely discredited science of making more energy from less -- may be making a comeback.

Controversial yet high-profile demonstrations in Italy last month purported to show a cold fusion device turning 400 watts of heat power into 12,400 watts. The eye-popping 31-fold increase -- also known as an "excess heat effect" -- illustrates why lay observers say cold fusion is the "holy grail of energy independence" and why many scientists doubt, some to the point of apoplexy.

Twenty-two years ago, University of Utah chemist Stanley Pons and University of Southampton chemist Martin Fleischmann made similar but ultimately unreproducible claims that turned their 15 minutes of fame into banishment from the scientific community.

Since he's only seen second hand accounts of this latest project, University of Missouri Vice Chancellor for Research Robert Duncan, Ph.D., an expert in low-temperature physics, said he "can neither criticize nor endorse" it.

"But I do know that excess heat effects are real, and although we do not fundamentally understand their origins, the world's scientific community would be remiss if it does not seriously pursue these fascinating new observations," Duncan told TechNewsWorld.

The Italian Project

The reactor demonstrated in Italy is the brainchild of University of Bologna physics professor emeritus Sergio Focardi, Ph.D., and Andrea Rossi, who manufactures biofueled electric generators at his Bedford, N.H.-based Leonardo Corporation. It reportedly fuses nickel and hydrogen atomic nuclei at room temperature, producing copper -- and copious energy.

The process is also green, giving off neither coal-fired carbon dioxide nor radioactive waste, the two men said at a standing-room-only January 14 demonstration/press conference in Bologna. A nuclear physicist associated with the Italian National Institute of Nuclear Physics, Giuseppe Levi, examined the procedure and told reporters he was 100 percent convinced.

"Very few researchers in this field have ever claimed the ability, let alone tried, to demonstrate an effect like this on demand," New Energy Times (NET) publisher Steven Krivit told TechNewsWorld. "Given that, there is probably something very real about the Rossi claim, and there are probably some aspects that don't hold up."

From this month's International Conference on Condensed Matter Nuclear Science in Chennai, India, where buzz about the Italian project was everywhere, industry observer Jed Rothwell said, "the claims are very important, and I think it is very likely they will be confirmed."

Commercial reactors that would make energy for less than one US cent per kilowatt hour -- far cheaper than competing sources -- will ship in three months, Focardi and Rossi said.

That is "a major reason for the intense interest," explained MU's Duncan.

"Pons and Fleischmann only had a laboratory model, but Focardi and Rossi are claiming immediate commercial viability," he noted.

"If the results are confirmed, they are indeed a huge step toward commercialization," Rothwell -- who runs LENR-CANR.org, a comprehensive library of cold fusion research -- told TechNewsWorld.

Attempts to contact Increase sales with VerticalResponse. Free trial. Focardi and Rossi were not successful.
King Caution

Despite all the excitement -- online Create an online store today -- 30 day free trial. Click here to learn more. chatter and news reports about the demo still haven't died down -- "the history of the cold fusion controversy teaches us that caution is king," said New Energy Times' Krivit.

Ever cautious, peer-reviewed journals and a patent examination have rejected the claims. The Rossi-Focardi reactor, the patent examiner wrote, "seems to offend against the generally accepted laws of physics and established theories."

Undeterred, the researchers have turned to options unavailable to Pons and Fleischmann, including a digital dandy: their own online Journal of Nuclear Physics, which they've staffed with an advisory board that includes Naval Postgraduate School physics professor Michael Melich, Ph.D.

The eyebrow-raising move has met with only mild condemnation, however, partly because evolving attitudes have thawed the ice around cold fusion since 1989. The science even has a more respectable name: "low energy" or "chemically assisted nuclear reactions" (LENR-CANR).

"Fleischmann and Pons really did discover something nuclear, but it doesn't pass the 'duck test' for fusion," NET's Krivit explained. "It's far more accurate and scientific to call the set of phenomena 'low-energy nuclear reactions.'"
Old Prejudices, New Techniques

Alongside the nomenclature change, serious scientists want to re-examine old prejudices with new, more sophisticated methods.

"An unprecedented and widespread failure of the scientific method is partly to blame for the failure of Pons and Fleischmann," explained MU's Duncan, a former director of the Los Alamos National Laboratory Institute for Advanced Studies. "It made sense to question their results, but only insofar as the methods of the day were capable of reproducing them."

SRI International electrochemist Michael McKubre, Ph.D., has sought better techniques to check the Pons-Fleischmann approach, which reacted deuterium -- a close hydrogen relative -- with the metal palladium instead of hydrogen and nickel.

Along the way, McKubre, "a very respected scientist," Duncan said, has observed some critical experimental challenges researchers will have to overcome before they can even try to reproduce past experiments.

Link

The Icy Cold Journey of Julian Schwinger

McKubre isn't the only respectable researcher to tackle cold fusion in recent years, Duncan added. Osaka University physics professor emeritus Yoshiaki Arata, who in 2006 received Japan's highest honor, the Order of Culture, reported excess heat effects with palladium nanoparticles.

Particularly remarkable was the (decidedly chilly) cold fusion journey of Julian Schwinger, who with Richard Feynmann and Shinichiro Tomonaga won the 1965 Nobel Prize in Physics for one of the greatest ever physical theories, quantum electrodynamics or QED.

After studying the Pons-Fleischmann experiments, "Julian had a theory that a process tantamount to cold fusion was occurring, but even as a Nobel laureate, he couldn't get reputable journals to publish it," Duncan told TechNewsWorld.

"My first attempt at publication was a total disaster," Schwinger recalled during lectures and seminars. He had devised a hypothesis about the effect "to suggest several critical experiments," but because cold fusion had become what Duncan calls a "pariah science, poison to all who touched it," Schwinger -- graduate advisor to four other Nobel laureates who also won the U.S. National Medal of Science -- was summarily ignored.

"What I had not expected was the venomous criticism, the contempt, the enormous pressure to conform. Has the knowledge that physics is an experimental science been totally lost?" he wondered.

"Temporarily misplaced" perhaps, Duncan said, urging that scientists leave peer pressure behind and return to their methodological roots.

"Cold fusion, or low-energy nuclear science, has benefited from exciting innovations and outstanding minds, yet massive, destructive 'group think,' has given it a checkered past," Duncan explained. "Now, however, it is of paramount importance that science proceed boldly, with a determined yet dispassionate focus, on the objective study of these fascinating phenomena."
item8

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://pesn.com/2011/02/28/9501774_Future_Impact_of_Rossis_Cold_Fusion  /

Quote:
Future Impact of Rossi's Cold Fusion

Italian inventor Andrea Rossi claims to have a commercial ready cold fusion technology that can produce large amounts of energy dirt cheap from nickel and hydrogen. The technology is supposed to be safe and reliable. Recent testing hints this might be the case. If true what does this mean for our future?

by Hank Mills with Sterling D. Allan
Pure Energy Systems News

There are many alternative energy technologies being developed. Many of them are very well known - such as solar, geo-thermal, wind, hydroelectric, and bio-fuels. Others are not so well known - such as those that utilize magnetic interactions to gain energy, tap energy from electromagnetic waves all around us, manipulate electric circuits, or produce reactions between atoms that are not understood. Until recently, none of these technologies (mundane or exotic) seemed ready to make a major impact on the energy crisis our civilization is facing. But one technology is emerging that seems to have the potential to rapidly change how we produce and utilize energy. It has the potential to impact all aspects of our civilization. This is Andrea Rossi's Cold Fusion Energy Catalyzer technology.

Andrea Rossi is an Italian inventor that claims to have produced the world's first commercial ready "cold fusion" or "LENR" (Low Energy Nuclear Reactions) reactor. Cold Fusion and LENR are terms used to describe nuclear fusion and other nuclear reactions at low temperatures. For 20 years or longer scientists have been producing nuclear reactions at low temperatures in small reactors that cost a fraction of what is used to produce "hot fusion." There have been thousands of successful cold fusion experiments in which nuclear reactions have occurred. But none of these experiments come close to the robustness of Rossi's device. Many cold fusion devices only worked intermittently or produced low levels of output. Andrea Rossi's device seems to work on demand and produces extremely high outputs. As an example, in a recent experiment over an 18 hour period with an average input of 80 watts it produced at least 15 kilowatts continuous, and sometimes as high as 20 kW.

Another interesting aspect of Andrea Rossi's technology is the materials it uses. Some cold fusion experiments have used expensive materials. For example, instead of ordinary hydrogen, deuterium has been used. Also, more expensive metals such as palladium and platinum have been utilized. Rossi's device simply uses ordinary nickel powder (but in nano-sized particles), ordinary hydrogen, and undisclosed (due to proprietary reasons) catalysts that are claimed to be inexpensive.

The device is also claimed to use very little of this nickel and hydrogen fuel. It is claimed that one gram of nickel powder in the device can produce as much energy as 500 barrels of oil. At 100 dollars a barrel 500 barrels of oil would cost 50,000 dollars. I have seen 150 grams of nano nickel powder on EBay for $150. In bulk I'm sure it would be even cheaper. Also, it is claimed it uses even less hydrogen than it does nickel. Basically, the fuel for this system is almost free.

The Laws of Thermodynamics are Obeyed

Please note that no one is claiming this device produces "free energy." The reason the fuel for this system is almost free is that nickel and hydrogen are cheap and that huge amounts of energy are released from nuclear reactions. A nuclear reaction can release a million times the energy of a chemical one.

A Note on Safety

Andrea Rossi constantly repeats this technology is safe. He claims he knows exactly how to control his reactors so no radiation escapes. However, the fact that radiation is produced at all might be scary to some people. In fact, the main issue holding up the construction of a one megawatt thermal energy plant in Greece using this technology is due to obtaining "authorizations." Basically, they have to prove the technology is completely safe. In many ways, this technology is inherently safe. No radioactive materials are put in and there is no nuclear waste when the reactor is opened. One concern though is that the reaction could increase beyond safe limits. This could have happened in a recent experiment in which a reactor had to be throttled down from producing 130KW to 15KW. Rossi has warned that in previous experiments with high levels of output there have been explosions.

More Positive Aspects

There are even more positive aspects of this technology. It is claimed that even though nuclear fusion occurs in the device there is no radioactive waste. Rossi has stated that no residual radiation is detected just minutes after turning off the reactor and opening it.

Perhaps what makes this technology seem even more amazing is the potential power density. Rossi has been working exclusively with a reactor that has a volume of one liter. Even at a very low power level it can output 15KW of constant thermal energy with very little electrical input. However, during a recent experiment for a period of time [&^& any indication of how long? Seconds, minutes, hours?] the reactor was producing 130KW of thermal energy. There are 1000 cubic centimeters in a liter. That would mean the power density was 130 watts per cubic centimeter. If you could scale up the size of the reactor and maintain that power density a device that could fit inside of your closet could produce megawatts of thermal energy.

Basically, if this technology works as it is claimed to, and as recent testing by outside scientists indicates, it is a game-changing technology. It is revolutionary in the highest sense of that word Never before has there been a technology that could instantly address such a huge problem. The solution for the energy crisis could be here -- cheap, simple, and non-polluting.

Global Uses of Cold Fusion

What would this mean to the world? Well, it could potentially solve lots of problems and open up many new possibilities.

First of all, the energy crisis (once enough of these reactors were built and utilized) would be over. Energy would be cheap and clean. We would never run out of fuel. The fuels would be found everywhere so no nation would have an advantage over another. Over a period of time we could phase out fossil fuels all together. Oil could be saved to be used to produce fertilizer, pharmaceuticals, and plastics instead of being burnt.

Secondly, our environment could get a boost. Greenhouse gas emissions could go down significantly. Also, with less exhaust coming from power plants there would be a higher air quality in many areas. If we can get this technology into the poor areas of the world perhaps it could help prevent deforestation. With an unlimited source of energy, water desalinization would become much cheaper. Instead of using freshwater reserves for irrigation and industrial purposes, sea water could be used.

Third, there are many industries that could benefit from a source of cheap energy. For example, the recycling industry uses a huge amount of energy. If energy was "free" these industries could expand. Perhaps landfills could be dug up and the metals recycled. This would reduce the amount of land needed for mining.

SCIFI becomes reality

There are also some exotic possibilities with cold fusion. For example, it sounds like a good power source for a Mars rover, a lunar outpost, or a space craft. Perhaps the energy from cold fusion could be harnessed for propulsion. If this is the case perhaps space travel could become more practical. [Editor's note: Most of the "UFO" craft flying around are probably of human origin, so obviously some subset of humans, probably black-op, have already figured it out and are keeping it from the rest of us. Cold fusion and other such breakthroughs could help us play catch up.]

This technology could also spark a new scientific age. If Cold Fusion turns out to be a reality then what else might turn out to be possible? Cold Fusion has been demonized by overly cynical skeptics for years. These same skeptics have been bashing other topics too. A few of these are the possibility of faster than light travel, superluminal communications, "free" energy from magnetic interactions, and other exotic energy technologies. To mainstream scientists, thinking cold fusion is real is almost as bad as believing in the Easter Bunny. If Cold Fusion turns out to be real then almost anything is possible! It could open the minds of a whole new generation, who wonder "What else that we've been told by scientists is 'impossible,' might also actually be possible after all?".

Remember the quote, "Science progresses one funeral at a time." This is the idea that due to excessive skepticism new ideas and possibilities are not allowed into "mainstream" science until an older generation dies off. I hope that with this new technology enough minds might be opened, so that science can progress decades before the present, controlling generation is in the grave.

How can this technology help us in the near term?

It is fun to think about the long term potential of this technology. If humans use this tool appropriately it could allow us to produce a near utopia. However, we are in a situation where we need immediate answers to avoid a collapse of our civilization. To start with, the global economy is in horrible shape. Almost all of the nations of the world are in bad financial shape. Part of this is due to higher oil prices. In addition, we are due for a "black swan" event. Sooner or later an asteroid is going to hit, a solar flare will damage our electrical grid, or a hurricane will hit oil producing regions of the Gulf of Mexico. Also, we have a growing population that is demanding more and more resources. The industrialization of Asia is increasing the price of many goods, increasing oil demand, bringing an end to cheap labor, and making food more expensive. How can this technology help solve these issues?

One good thing about this technology is that it seems very simple. It is likely they could be mass produced quickly using ordinary parts and materials. Right now there are thousands of conventional fossil fuel burning and conventional nuclear power plants producing electricity and an infrastructure that distributes it. These plants produce electricity by making steam and spinning a turbine with it. Why not just drop in cold fusion devices into these power plants to produce the steam? Pre-existing generators and distribution networks could do everything else. This way cold fusion technology could start making an impact on the energy crisis very quickly.

It will take time to get cold fusion devices into every home. However, it seems very possible that before too long individual homes could have cold fusion devices at a minimum producing hot water but also powering generators. If a black swan event did occur that threatened the power grid (look up the Carrington Event if you are interested in learning of a potential threat), perhaps homes and communities could be self sufficient in terms of electricity. If nothing else, critical aspects of our nation's infrastructure could start being powered by cold fusion. For example, communication networks, hospitals, emergency response centers, etc.

When it comes to increased oil demand part of this is due to billions of Asians starting to drive cars. Perhaps these new vehicles could be the first to be directly powered by cold fusion devices. Or there could be an immediate switch to electric vehicles. These electric vehicles could use electricity distributed by the grid produced by cold fusion. Perhaps the next billion vehicles made might not use fossil fuels.

An unlimited, cheap, and clean supply of energy could also bring down the cost of food and other goods. Right now a huge amount of energy goes into producing the raw materials, manufacturing, and transporting every item we purchase. If most of the energy cost was taken out of the equation all of these goods might be cheaper. Also, when it comes to food production, cold fusion would allow cheap desalinization plants that could allow countries with little fresh water to produce their own crops. Eventually, farmers might be able to have tractors and other devices that do not run on fossil fuels. Perhaps hunger might be a rare thing years from now.

Political Ramifications

Of course there are political ramifications associated with this technology. Suddenly, certain areas of the world that have built up economies based on oil production would become less important. These areas might suffer economically. However, it would take a period of time for the world to transition to a cold fusion based economy and these nations would have years to prepare.

The "powers that be" also might not like the idea that this technology could give individuals, communities, cities, states, and small countries energy independence. Cheap energy represents unlimited wealth and wealth brings power. The powers that be do not like sharing power. A technology that could give people the ability to live "off the grid", start self sufficient communities, or liberate themselves from oppressive central governments might be considered a threat.

This technology literally gives power to the people. How will the governments of the world respond to that? Will they try to put heavy taxes of the technology to make sure that individuals using it do not experience true energy independence? Perhaps the leaders in some nations will try to argue that since this is a "nuclear" technology private citizens do not have the right to own them. Horrifyingly, it is possible the ownership of cold fusion devices might be restricted to industries with government licenses. Could the government call you a terrorist because you ordered materials to build your own cold fusion device?

If they did, I suspect that this would be a good time for civil disobedience.

Ignorance and Skepticism - Not Suppression

At the moment I think the most significant issue is not suppression, but ignorance and extreme skepticism. Thousands of successful cold fusion (LENR) replications have taken place in the last 20 years, but few mainstream scientists take them seriously. The mainstream media also act like they have not happened. They cover billion dollar projects such as CERN and hot fusion reactors, but refuse to give attention to successful experiments that can be performed on a shoe string budget that show "impossible" signs of nuclear fusion at low temperatures such as production of helium, transmutation of elements, gamma radiation, production of neutrons, etc.

Now there is a cold fusion technology BEYOND the experimental stage that is COMMERCIALLY READY, but is being ignored (for the most part) by the mainstream media and most mainstream scientists. Most of the coverage of this technology has been on alternative media sites and blogs. There has been some TV coverage, but mostly outside of the USA. Right now, due to this most people in the world are ignorant that a breakthrough technology is about to launch. I think that when the 1MW thermal plant does open and the scientists and mainstream media cannot ignore it any longer the people of this planet will start asking questions.

Why wasn't I told about this sooner?

Why didn't more scientists jump on board this technology sooner?

It will be blatantly obvious that alternative media sites were covering this breakthrough long before the mainstream media.

Hopefully, they will begin to ask even more questions. Maybe they will ask questions about the failure of the scientific community over the last 20 years to take cold fusion seriously. It's my hope they may also question where they obtain their news and information. I think they will realize the mainstream media cannot be trusted to provide them with updates about the most important things happening in this world. Obviously, the mainstream media can be trusted to provide us with the latest news on Lindsay Lohan's drunken rampages, but not issues that will affect the future of our civilization.

The Future is Full of Hope

The most important aspect of this cold fusion technology in my opinion is that it gives us hope for a better future. Right now, the next few months look bleak and the next few years look terrifying. There are going to be billions of new mouths to feed, an economic collapse to avoid, and many challenges to overcome. Cold Fusion could give us a tool that could allow the human species to survive and one day travel the stars.

My long term dream has always been to travel in space one day, meet members of other civilizations, and learn about the universe. For this to happen (unless disclosure on the UFO topic happens immediately) civilization needs to last long enough for anti-aging breakthroughs to occur that can extend my lifespan to hundreds of years. Right now scientists are learning a great deal about the core mechanisms of the human aging process such as telomere shortening, mitochondrial DNA deletions, advanced glycation end product accumulation, and other mechanisms that cause humans to age. There are drugs in clinical trails right now that could potentially extend the human lifespan. I want to be able to take them. That will not happen if civilization does not continue.

If Cold Fusion can allow humanity to continue it is possible with the current rate of scientific advancement (and the acceleration that would occur due to the existence of cold fusion) the world in 20 years could be very different than it is today. I dream of a world in which...

The energy crisis is a thing of the past.
There is less human suffering, hunger, and disease.
The human aging process has been reversed.
We can control all aspects of nature from inertia, gravity, space, etc.
We have made contact with other civilizations in our galaxy.

Maybe you think I'm a little "out there." Well, the Kepler Space Telescope has discovered over a thousand candidate planets outside of our solar system. This has taken place by studying just a few months of almost two years of data. The conclusion so far is that out of every two stars in our galaxy one might have planets. Also, the data indicates that most planets in our galaxy are not gas giants, but smaller rocky worlds. All the evidence so far is making it clear that Earth is probably not a special place, but a very ordinary one.

The future could turn out to be a more technologically savvy place than the Federation of "Star Trek."

We just have to get there.

Cold Fusion might be how.

# # #

This story is also published at BeforeItsNews.
item8

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/chennai/cold-fusion-predicted-10-yrs-18 3

Quote:
Cold fusion predicted in 10 yrs

February 12th, 2011, DC Correspondent

Chennai, Feb. 11: Though reluctant to recognise the viability of the low energy nuclear reactor built by Italian scientists Andrea Rossi and Sergio Focardi, a top US scientist agreed that such a device could soon hit the market.

“The first commercial LENR device is imminent,” said David J. Nagel of George Washington University. “It will become a commercial reality within 10 years.”

Summarising proceedings of the six-day international conference on condensed matter nuclear science that concluded here on Friday, Prof. Nagel said the International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor coming up in France would take 40 years to be successful.

“Sixty years of research work and $20 billion has been put into the hot fusion experimental reactor being built in France as a joint venture between the European Union, USA, Japan, Russia, South Korea and India,” he noted. “But the world will have to wait for 40 years to see this reactor become commercial and start powering our homes.”

Compared to ITER’s hot fusion reactor, cold fusion or low energy nuclear reactions has had only 20 years of research and spending of just $ 0.2 billion. “This is just 1 per cent of the amount spent on hot fusion,” he said.

According to Prof. Nagel, hot fusion reactors including ITER are neither environment friendly nor safe in the long run. The project envisages production of 10 times more power than input. “Cold fusion energy sources though small, are distributed uniformly. We are hopeful of commercialising power from cold fusion in 10 years time,” Prof. Nagel said.

Igor Goryachev, a scientist from Research Institute of Nuclear Instrumentation, Russia, said there has been considerable interest in LENR projects in his country. “Interestingly, oil tycoons have started investing in this project,” he said.
item8

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://coldfusionnow.wordpress.com/2011/03/04/edmund-storms-on-the-ros si-device-there-will-be-a-stampede/

Quote:
Edmund Storms on the Rossi device: “There will be a stampede.”
By rubycarat

James Martinez surprised Cash-Flow listeners on March 1 when he played a pre-taped interview with Dr. Edmund Storms just back from Chennai, India where the ICCF-16 took place. ICCF is a conference where researchers in low-energy nuclear reactions share their most recent results.

Dr. Edmund Storms is a long-time researcher in this field and author of “The Science of Low-Energy Nuclear Reactions“.

James taped the interview in conjunction with 137 Films crew filming their documentary on cold fusion. To be released in late summer, it is expected to make the independent film festival rounds.

Here are some excerpts of the interview.

James: “What are the new issues that are happening in cold fusion? What happened with that Italian discovery because that’s been written about quite a bit.”

Dr. Storms: “They [Rossi and Focardi] found a way of amplifying the effect to a level that makes it attractive as an industrial source of energy and people in the cold fusion field have been working towards that, but they had not achieved that level of heat production, and so this was both a bit of a surprise and a bit shock, but a bit of a kick to get people moving a little more rapidly now. And it looks like the phenomenon will actually have an application.”

James: “This is a major step then, would you not agree?”

Dr. Storms: “Oh yes, It’s a major step. It doesn’t change the reality, the reality had already been established, but it has moved the debate from the laboratory into an industrial environment, and it’s put the phenomenon on the map now. People, skeptics can no longer ignore what’s going on, it’s such a high level, and apparently quite reproducible, that there’s no doubt that it has the potential to really be a serious competitor for a primary energy.”

James: “So we’ve arrived, so to speak.”

Dr. Storms: “We’ve arrived. It’s interesting we’ve arrived in a different car than we thought we were. Cold fusion started out using deuterium and palladium, and then Rossi found that it worked quite well in nickel and light hydrogen.”

James: Regarding that, since I saw the 60 mins interview, and saw what the Israeli’s did over there in their lab, what did … the Italians do that’s different? Were they financed well? What made them be ahead of everybody else regarding this issue?”

Dr. Storms: “That question is a little difficult to answer. The contrast between the Israelis, Energetics, … they were using – just to give you a little bit of understanding – they were using heavy water, palladium in an electrolytic cell, and applying what they call Superwave that allows the palladium to get to a very high composition. They had worked with the Italians to create palladium that could achieve these high compositions. So they were getting success in a more conventional framework.

Rossi hit upon this somewhat by accident. He was using a nickel catalyst to explore ways of making a fuel by combining hydrogen and carbon monoxide and apparently, observed quite by accident, that his [?????] was making extra energy. So then he explored it from that point of view and, apparently, over a year or two, amplified the effect.

He’s exploring the gas loading area of the field. This is also a region, a method used in the heavy water, or the heavy hydrogen, system. But in this case, it was light hydrogen, ordinary hydrogen and nickel and what happens is quite amazing.

You create the right conditions in the nickel, and he has a secret method for doing that, and all you do is add hydrogen to it and it makes huge amounts of energy based upon a nuclear reaction.”

James: “Wow. Alright. I have a number of questions since you said secret. Are they going to be transparent with what they discovered? If I were them, I would tell everybody how they did it, or are they not doing that?”

Dr. Storms: “Well, you really need a patent, you need to protect your intellectual property. You want to be able to gain some economic benefit from the discovery. So far, they have not gotten a patent, and that’s always been difficult in the cold fusion field because the patent examiners simply don’t believe that it’s real.

So, until they get a patent, they’re not revealing how they do it. Now, they’ve been upfront about what they can do and what they promise to do, and so far, they’ve fulfilled these promises. Once they get their patent, then they promise to reveal how they go about doing this.”

James asked Dr. Storms a question from an unnamed listener who apparently knew this interview would be happening. The question?

“Some said this is LENR, not cold fusion. What’s the difference?”

Dr. Storms: “Well there is no difference. It’s purely a matter of semantics. There is a phenomenon, and that phenomenon allows a nuclear reaction to be initiated in a chemical environment, and it’s a very special chemical environment, it’s one that we don’t understand yet, we don’t have total control over it, so that it’s difficult to reproduce, although not impossible, it’s been replicated hundreds of times, so it’s real.

But it’s a process whereby the Coulomb barrier is reduced in magnitude, in a solid, by some kind of … oh what would I call it … chemical mechanism. It’s not chemistry, but it involves atoms and electrons, which of course apply to chemistry.

And so, what do you call it? Well it was called cold fusion by Steve Jones, and that stuck. And then later people said, you know, that’s not very accurate because you get transmutations, and it may not be fusion directly, so let’s make it describe a bigger area, so we’ll call it low-energy nuclear reactions [LENR]. I like the chemically-assisted nuclear reactions [CANR] description myself, but nevertheless, it’s all the same thing. It’s hard to believe that nature has only one technique for doing something so extraordinary.”

James: “As far as patents go for this subject matter, are you briefed on that all the time, are other scientists made aware of what’s happening with that, or do you hear about it later?”

Dr. Storms: “Well it generally percolates into the cold fusion chat rooms fairly quickly. There was a patent that was made known by Windom-Larson most recently, but that was granted, oh I guess it was actually filed back in 2005.

Very few are granted, and most of the ones that have been granted, I might add, are absolutely useless as patents because not only don’t they describe very well what is going on, but in the absence of any understanding, their descriptions are not implementable, you cannot take the patent and then do what the patent claims, which is what a patent absolutely requires. It has to describe how a person that skilled in the arts can go about replicating what the claims may be.

None of the patents do that, so technically, their not valid, and that ‘s a big problem, until somebody makes something that works, and then describes how they made it work and that’s where Rossi comes in, because he in fact does have something that works and once he shows how it works, he will have a valid patent.”

James then asked Dr. Storms what type of press did the Italians get on their demonstration.

Dr. Storms: “The Swedish newspapers, the Italian newspapers, the Greek newspapers, they showed an interest. The American newspapers showed none at all. It’s been on a number of blogs and talked about in a number of chat rooms, but no, it hasn’t reached a level of any serious importance to the American press.”

James: “Why do you think that is now?”

Dr. Storms: “Mainly because, it is institutionally the belief that cold fusion is not real, or if it is real, it’s so trivial, it’d make no difference to anybody. That’s institutional. It’s the myth that’s in, we’ll call it, the intellectual structure of the United States, and a number of other countries.

There a few countries where that’s not true, and Italy is one of them. The government there believes that it’s real, and they’re doing everything they can to develop it. The government in China believes it’s real an they’re doing everything they can to develop it.”

James: “So what is the problem? Regardless whether it was an American issue or an Italian issue, that should be all over the press here, and it’s not. It absolutely amazes me that this needs to be happening right now, what I’m doing. The press should’ve had this totally covered.

Well, what’s next for you? Are you going to be following what the Italians are doing, are you going to go to Italy and be working on it, and try to do what they’ve done and replicate it where you are?”

Dr. Storms: “Well, first of all, I haven’t been invited. Rossi is determining who’s going to watch this – he’s promised a demonstration in Florida that’s coming up in October. And there will be some people from the US government there watching, and hopefully they will be convinced that it’s real and that will change the attitudes.”

James: “So they still – after this entire time – can’t wrap their head around it!”

Dr. Storms: This obviously is not a rational world, and we, on many levels, do not have a rational government. It is very simple once you realize that this irrationality is present.

Yes, people are trying to replicate what he did. But in the absence of this secret addition, it’s all guesswork [refering to the secret ingredient Rossi is using as a catalyst]. And that’s been pretty much true of all the work in the field. We do not have a good theory, we don’t have a path to follow, and so people do a lot of random searches, and when somebody – I’ll use the analogy prospecting for gold – when somebody finds a nugget, everybody runs to the spot where that guy found the nugget and everybody starts to dig there. Maybe some other nuggets will be found, maybe not.

That’s what has made it easy for the skeptics to blow it off, and it’s made it easy for the government to pretend that it doesn’t exist.”

James then asked why was the upcoming demo is being done in Florida.

Dr. Storms: That’s where the factory is that Rossi owns. Rossi has business interests in the United States, he has a number of companies. He has a company in Florida and that’s where the cells are being manufactured.

James: “So they’ve [Rossi and co.] already started the process then?”

Dr. Storms: “Oh, yeah. The [recent demonstration] in Bologna was a single cell unit and it put out 10Kilowatts and it’s put out even more energy in other circumstances. He’s going to build a hundred cell unit in Florida, he claims, to try to run a Megawatt. That’s pretty difficult to ignore.”

James: “What do you think they’re going to be able to do of a practical use? What are they going to use it for initially?”

Dr. Storms: “Well, they’re planning to use this as a source of energy in a factory in Greece, and they’re making arrangements in Greece for this to be incorporated into an industrial application, an industrial factory.

It has to be done in industry at this level because we don’t know if it’s safe, we don’t know it’s characteristics, we just don’t know enough about it to put it into individual homes. This is what he says, and it’s quite rational. It has to be explored, its characteristics have to be understood in an industrial environment, so they’re going to do that in Greece.

Of course, he’s taking orders, and I’m sure there’ll be people from all over the world, where regulations are not so quite severe, and minds are more open than they are here, and they’ll buy units, and put them in their factories, and suddenly the cost of energy to those companies will go down significantly, and all of a sudden people will panic, and then there’ll be a stampede to buy these things.”

James: “The irony of the timing of all this now, seeing what’s going on in the Middle East right now, everything’s going up at the gas tank, people looking at other energy things, do you find this unusual, the timing of this? This could have happened five years ago, and right now, with the complete and total collapse of many economies around the world, suddenly these guys in Italy come up with something. Did that surprise you?”

Dr. Storms: “Well, life always surprises me. It always has these synergistic relationships happening all the time. No, it didn’t surprise me. It’s quite, what would I call it, simple justice. The system absolutely needs this, and suddenly it’s available. I guess it took both happening at the same time to change minds.

You have to be desperate enough to want to believe that this is real, and then you have to have a device that puts so much energy out that you cannot ignore it, and you marry those two things together, and the skeptics are just blown away.”

James: “If this is going to happen in Florida, obviously the press is going to catch wind of it, and if it is a private meeting for this demonstration, are you .. thinking that now all the big money people behind the scenes are going to get in on this deal and close it off, and compartmentalize it, and not give it to the public?”

Dr. Storms: “I don’t think that’s possible.”

James: “… because I don’t think you should have been cut out of it. I mean, you’re one of the guys that stood tall before anybody!”

Dr. Storms: “Well I appreciate that, but I’m not being cut out of it, and in fact, I don’t feel that I’ve been cut out of it.

I’m funded. We’re working to try to understand the mechanism and so we’re hoping to have a seat at the table when the final decisions are made. But Rossi is clearly in charge of his own discovery, and I wouldn’t find that unusual.”

James: “OK, well, listen, I’m glad that you’re back, I’m glad that you’ve told us this, I’m glad that we’ve covered it here. I want to thank you very much Dr. Storms for always being there for for me and helping me out, and making this a public issue, so thank you very much, much appreciated. We’ll be talking to you very soon. You may be surprised – we may hit Florida anyway!”

Dr. Storms: “Well James, I appreciate your efforts too, it’s efforts like yours that make it possible for people to find out what’s going on.”

For the FULL audio interview, go to the Cold Fusion Now Audio page to download the March 1 Edmund Storms interview..
item8

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://pesn.com/2011/03/07/9501782_Cold_Fusion_Steams_Ahead_at_Worlds_ Oldest_University/

Quote:
Cold Fusion Steams Ahead at World's Oldest University

Progress accelerates as a year long study of Andrea Rossi's Nickel-Hydrogen Cold Fusion technology (energy catalyzer) at the University of Bologna is announced. The birthplace of higher education has become the developmental womb for a game changing technology!

by Hank Mills
Pure Energy Systems News

The saga of Andrea Rossi's Nickel-Hydrogen Cold Fusion technology is only accelerating and not slowing down. Physicists are warming up to the technology, new calorimeter tests are forthcoming, media announcements are on the way, and a year long testing program at the University of Bologna has started. With a demonstration of the one megawatt system in the USA in the works (before it is shipped to Europe) and the opening of the one megawatt plant in Greece by late this October things are only going to keep moving faster.

Let's get down to business. We have some ground to cover!

One Year Research and Development Program

Andrea Rossi has announced a one year program is starting at the University of Bologna to study his cold fusion (LENR) technology. Apparently, this is happening as we speak. Here is the quote from his blog. (slightly edited)

Dear Renaissance Man:
Thank you for your kind blessing. I always appreciate it. I need it.
We are now making a R&D work with the University of Bologna. It will last one year, during which we will make through tests. The results will be published at the end of the research. In the meantime, we will start up our plant of 1 MW we have to deliver to our Customer in Greece. After that, our product will be in the market.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

This is very good news. It indicates that the University of Bologna is taking his technology seriously. This should be the case since the most recent publicized test of his technology produced a minimum of 15 kilowatts of continual thermal output for 18 hours with only an average of 80 watts of input (sometimes as low as twenty). Thankfully, Dr. Levi who was one of the independent scientists that witnessed this experiment is planning to report on upcoming experiments (which may be happening as you are reading this). The following is Levi's statement.

"No official reports will be issued about this experiment. But we will report on upcoming experiments soon to be performed in cooperation with the University of Bologna's physics department." (Ref.)

A Few Tidbits of Over-looked News

We have another source of information on this team-up between the oldest university in the world and Andrea Rossi. An Italian journalist named Daniel Passerini, who has blogged extensively about the E-Cat (Energy Catalyzer) technology, and has interviewed Andrea Rossi multiple times, had the opportunity to visit the University of Bologna and see the device in operation, and seems to have a line of communication with many of the people involved in this saga. If you look at the comments on his blog you will see he has released many important bits of information that have not bee broadly discussed. The following are a few of his statements.

"Friends, the precise contents of the research contract between the University of Bologna and Rossi, will be known soon as the parties will make public when that happens I will give wide coverage here on the blog." (Passi)

"Just a couple more weeks of patience and a couple of ads that will reach a lot of comfort to those hopefuls on the E-Cat and will not appeal to those who wait on the contrary that may prove a hoax." In response to a question about the nature of the ads he states... "Experimental in nature, that is linked to experimentation." (Passi.)

"Of people who saw him run around a lot there now instead, and not only in Italy. (The one seen in Bologna it's not the only E-Cat running around). Of course, your eyes do not have any credibility, but I assure you that the information I always comfort me more than a hoax. In mid-March there will be a couple of news (and I plan to give them first or among the first) to be a great blow to all the "affabufalatori" which now have much on which to ruminate! And you do not know what I would say now potertele. But as I said earlier, if this blog has had (and still have) the chance to scoop and why I have shown, who informs me, for me to be able to keep his confidences. Now, given all the controversy going, the ads are given a moment before, if not weeks before, open up the sky! But then again, in mid-March there will be a couple of interesting news and then ... finally we start with real experiments!" (Passi.)

The above indicates that in the near future there should be more test data published and the exact nature of the one year research program should be revealed. One can speculate about what test data might be revealed next. In a recent post, Rossi revealed that his system produces mostly low energy gamma rays. Previously, he mentioned they would be releasing more information about the exact nature of the radiation produced inside of his device (which the 2cm of lead shielding prevents from escaping). Could he finally reveal some detailed measurements of this radiation? This could provide even more proof (along with the fact that only a nuclear reaction could produce the amount of energy the E-Cat generates) that the reaction is nuclear and not chemical.

Perhaps the upcoming announcements and tests will mention the new control system Rossi has mentioned on his blog recently. (slightly edited)

Dear Alex,
I thank you very much for your suggestion. Actually, you are right, our control panel needed upgrading. The new control systems for our reactors will be designed by the same Company who designed the control systems of CERN’s Collider: the new control systems will be designed in the context of the R&D program we have with the University of Bologna. But please send me a link to find a presentation of your work, so that I can understand if we can cooperate. I always study with attention the potential partners.
Warm regards,
Andrea

Regardless what the announcements might be, it looks like March is going to be a busy month!

Skepticism Eases and Optimism Grows

There have been several supportive statements made by various individuals about Rossi's E-Cat technology in the past couple of weeks. Optimism seems to be growing. Here are a few samples.

Cold Fusion

Recently, in Bologna, there was a demonstration of energy production probably from nuclear-temperature environment. The result was a power output, and monitored continuously, twenty times higher than that released for operation. The invention of the method (referred to as "catalytic power") is the engineer, Andrea Rossi; while the measurements and theoretical studies have been carried out by the team led by prof. Sergio Focardi, coordinato dal prof. Sergio Focardi, coordinated by prof. Giuseppe Levi, entrambi del Dipartimento di Fisica dell'Università di Bologna, con la collaborazione della Sezione INFN di Bologna. Giuseppe Levi, both of the Department of Physics, University of Bologna, in collaboration with the INFN Bologna. I will not elaborate on details, but I think it's useful for those who frequent the forum to have this news, which had already disclosed by the Carlino and local editions of other newspapers (including the CDS). The doubts about the origin of this emission of energy (in the shape and thermal absolutely "clean") are not completely excluded, but if the tests will lead to confirmation, the catalyst of energy would be the ultimate solution to the energy problem. I think the public should start to talk and to be involved: the only way, this to avoid the "cover up" by the powerful current and potential exploiters energy for military purposes (which in the past seems to have been completed, about cold fusion). At the same time, the interest of public opinion through the media can stimulate public and private institutions to invest some money in this research, which has so far been carried out on a budget by Little Match Girl. The other advantage would be to get a certified and unequivocal demonstration of reliability, efficiency and safety of use by independent researchers, and subjected to public scrutiny.

Regards and best wishes to my fingers crossed.
Loris Ferrari

Professore Associato di Struttura della Materia Associate Professor of Physics and Astronomy
Dipartimento di Fisica dell'Università di Bologna. Department of Physics, University of Bologna. (Corriere.it)

"Well, I think they used a fairly scientific approach. But above all that, they have heated a building and have done so for one year (according to Rossi), and have run the experiment for ten hours without any electricity other than 80 watts to power the instruments (the most recent experiment in Bologna on 10-11 February) . But above all that they have a heated building and I have done so for one year (according to Rossi), and have run the experiment for ten hours without electricity any other than 80 watts to power the instruments (The Most recent experiment in Bologna on 10 -11 February)."

" Previously, all problems of cold fusion have been that it was intermittent, it worked for a while and then stopped. But this time it seems that they have continuous (power), and have attained consistent results in repeated tests. That also makes it interesting. "

"I have the impression that Rossi is serious. I think he is an interesting person to talk to, and I find it hard to imagine that he has masterminded a scam."

Sven Kullander, Professor Emeritus at Uppsala University and chairman of the Energy Committee of the National Academy of Sciences (Passi)

"Yeah, this area of research has long suffered from similar incidents. But what I felt different this time is that another physicist, Giuseppe Levi, was allowed to test the process independently, by measuring the input power and output."

"And it seems replicable. And there's a device. It has now been tested for a longer time. This is a big difference that seems crucial."

"It seems very unlikely that it is a pure fraud."

Hanno Essen, associate professor of Theoretical Physics and a lecturer at the Swedish Royal Institute of Technology and chairman of the Swedish Skeptics Society (Passi)

Here is a video of the above two scientists, Professor Sven Kullander and Associate Professor Hanno Essen discussing Rossi's technology with a reporter from Ny Teknik.

Link

“We’ve arrived. It’s interesting we’ve arrived in a different car than we thought we were. Cold fusion started out using deuterium and palladium, and then Rossi found that it worked quite well in nickel and light hydrogen.”

Of course, he’s taking orders, and I’m sure there’ll be people from all over the world, where regulations are not so quite severe, and minds are more open than they are here, and they’ll buy units, and put them in their factories; and suddenly, the cost of energy to those companies will go down significantly, and all of a sudden people will panic, and then there’ll be a stampede to buy these things.”

Dr. Edmund Storms, cold fusion researcher and author of “The Science of Low-Energy Nuclear Reactions." (Cold Fusion Now)

“Now that I have seen the device work for so many hours, in my view all chemical energy sources are excluded.”

Dr. Giuseppe Levi, Physicist from the University of Bologna (Ny Teknik)

The reality of this exotic new technology seems to be sinking into the minds of many. Fewer individuals seem to be screaming "hoax" or "fraud." More people seem to be accepting the fact that all the evidence so far indicates this technology is real and potentially game-changing. Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi once stated, "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." I wonder what stage cold fusion technology is at right now. Could it be that we are near the last stage?

A Potential Replication - The Race Could Be On!

On a related note, Jed Rothwell, who has contacts throughout the "cold fusion" or LENR community, has reported that an outside group has had some success replicating the E-Cat (Energy Catalyzer).

"It isn't all that secret. I have known that it is Ni-H cold fusion for a year; and people in Italy have known for 2 years. Groups there and in the U.S. are working somewhat frantically to determine what the other 2 elements
are. One of them told me that they have achieved the equivalent of 800 W per liter of powder (with a smaller actual volume), which is not far from what Rossi reported."

A Demonstration in the USA

In the past Andrea Rossi has stated that there would be no additional public demos until the one megawatt plant opened in Greece. However, this may no longer be the plan. Jed Rothwell who runs the LENR-CANR website (which is an online database of cold fusion information) and is a long time and well trusted cold fusion researcher has reported the following news: "Rossi told me he will demonstrate the device before shipping it to Greece."

If a demonstration is held in the USA it will probably be in Florida, because the 125 modules that will compose the 1MW plant are being manufactured in Miami, Florida. Rossi also has a factory and lab in New Hampshire, but it would not make sense to ship all 125 units twice (if the demonstration in the USA would be of the complete 1MW system).

In addition to being exciting, a demonstration could potentially create a very interesting situation that could be a win-win for Rossi. A demonstration of a 1MW system would be very impressive and difficult to deny as being something extraordinary. However, there has been speculation that it might be very difficult for him to get approval to use his reactors in the USA due to safety concerns. What if the Nuclear Regulatory Commission or another agency tried to come in and stop the demo? That could be a win for Rossi, because they would have to admit they were concerned about the exotic nature of his technology. If the NRC stepped in they would be forced to admit that the E-Cat is indeed a NUCLEAR and NON-CHEMICAL technology! Otherwise, they would have no jurisdiction. The NRC has no power to regulate performing tests of chemical reactions involving nickel and hydrogen. Any interference could equal instant validation!

Time Frame for Implementation Everywhere

The world needs this technology ASAP. We actually needed it many years ago. So how soon can we expect this technology to "get out there" and actually start making a difference. To start with, I think the aspects of this technology that would facilitate rapid dispersion and implementation should be listed.

1) High power density - A minimum of 15KW of constant thermal output from a reactor with a volume of one liter is tremendously impressive. This can go even higher (up to 130KW or more), but that produces safety concerns. Even with the added equipment needed to produce electricity, that kind of power density would allow for a lot of energy to be produced in a small area. That small area could provide power for a large area such as a factory, community, or city.

2) Cheap Fuel - In this system it is claimed that one gram of nickel powder can produce as much energy as burning 500 barrels of oil. (Ref) Nickel is very common in the Earth's crust and is not expensive (as of the time this article is written the price is about 14 dollars a pound). Basically, the fuel cost of nickel would be very low. The cost of hydrogen would be almost zero due to the fact you could use a fraction of the energy output to produce your own from ordinary water. The catalysts are also supposed to be dirt cheap. The economics of this system cannot be beaten by any other mainstream technology.

3) Easy and Cheap Construction - The reactor is not complicated. It is probably much simpler than an internal combustion engine. From what we have been told, it is constructed out of ordinary materials using ordinary methods. There is nothing exotic about the construction of the device itself. The only thing exotic is the fusion reaction that takes place. Mass manufacture of the reactors would probably be much easier than setting up a plant to produce millions of a new automobile engine.

The above three aspects of the technology are big boosts towards rapid implementation. However, there are also reasons why implementation may not progress rapidly everywhere. Here are a few of them.

1) Radiation - Rossi claims that no radiation escapes the two centimeters of lead shielding. However, the very fact that it produces radiation could scare some people and could make certain governments jump to heavily regulate the technology. I think the USA is a place where that might occur due to the fact many citizens here are willing to give up everything (including personal freedoms and dignity in airports) in the name of safety. The good news is that many other areas of the world such as China would probably have more common sense regulations that would allow for this technology to be quickly implemented in their nation. Once that happens the USA would be forced to relax their rules or be quickly left behind.

2) Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt (FUD) - Cold Fusion has been around for twenty years, but the world does not accept that it exists at this moment. When the world suddenly recognizes it exists, certain pundits, media personalities, and politicians will try to explore every possible negative aspect of it. Someone will be bound to try and claim a "dirty bomb" could be built with it and used by terrorists (even though that is impossible because there is no radioactivity remaining in the device only minutes after it is turned off.) Because it is so "new" some of these individuals will actually spread fear of cold fusion. The fact of the matter is though in our current global economic situation many nations including the USA will not have any other choice but to start utilizing the technology.

3) Not Open Source [Yet] - Andrea Rossi and Defkalion Green Technologies control this technology at the moment. No one but them and perhaps a few other business partners have knowledge of the catalysts that allow this system to produce a practical amount of heat. Because of this an open source development movement to develop and utilize the technology cannot begin. Hopefully, when the patent application covering the catalysts is approved, an open source project will be organized that would help people replicate the technology for themselves in a safe and low risk way. [Editor's note: a superior alternative to patents, that we announced today, the Intellectual Passport, could satisfy Rossi and his team's need for intellectual property protection.] I think a set of plans that stress safety precautions would be much more preferable than just having every amateur experimenter building their own version of the reactor with various levels of safety precautions.

Overall, I think the favorable aspects of this technology will win out; and once the 1MW plant is opened and the patent is granted [or an Intellectual Passport is filed instead], it will spread quickly. The truth of the amazing potential of this technology will win out in the end. My guess is in five years it will start having a significant impact reducing the use of fossil fuels. In ten years I think the price of oil will start to come down dramatically as less vehicles will be using gasoline. I think we can accelerate this process if an open source movement organizes quickly when the missing details of this technology (catalysts and other details we are lacking) emerge.

Alma Mater Studiorum

The University of Bologna was founded in 1088. It has literally been a center of higher learning for almost a thousand years. It's motto, "Alma mater Studiorum". which when translated from the the Latin means "fostering mother of studies." It seems appropriate to me that the world's first *almost* free (or really cheap), clean, and plentiful energy technology is being studied there.

In the weeks and months to come, we will likely witness an acceleration of news and information coming from the University of Bologna.

Exciting times are ahead.
item8

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a mention of this on the mainstream media even though the nuclear devastation in Japan puts alternative energy in the spotlight!!

http://pesn.com/2011/03/24/9501795_Andrea_Rossi_with_Sterling_Allan_on _Coast_to_Coast_AM/

Quote:
Andrea Rossi with Sterling Allan on Coast to Coast AM

On the evening of March 23rd, Andrea Rossi, the inventor of the Energy Catalyzer (a 10 kW cold fusion reactor going commercial), joined Sterling Allan on Coast to Coast AM with host George Noory. Coincidentally, it took place on the twenty second anniversary of Pons and Fleishman's legendary announcement!

by Hank Mills, with Sterling D. Allan
Pure Energy Systems News

Coast to Coast AM has for many years served as an avenue for the release of information and ideas which may not always, "fit neatly inside of a box", covering things such as UFOs, ghosts, paranormal, conspiracies, alternative healing and energy. They are on some 500 radio stations and have around 3 million listeners each week, making them the world's largest nighttime talk show and among the largest shows compared to daytime audiences.

On the evening of March 23rd, Sterling Allan, CEO of PES Network, Inc., had an opportunity to appear on the show to discuss the latest exotic energy technologies. It was his second time on the show, the first having been a couple of years ago. This time around Andrea Rossi (the inventor of the Cold Fusion Energy Catalyzer) joined the conversation to answer questions about his game changing product.

The splash page at Coast to Coast for this segment reads:

In the second half, researcher Sterling D. Allan introduced some amazing free & alternative energy technologies which could have the potential to eliminate the need for oil, nuclear, and other polluting energy sources. The days of the old energy monopolies are numbered, he said, adding that "it's time for free energy to emerge," empowering the people in a new revolution.

A variety of promising solutions are making their way to market. Andrea Rossi, joined the program for a segment , to talk about his 10 kilowatt cold fusion device, which is clean, inexpensive, and though it involves a nuclear reaction, creates no radioactive waste. In the short term, his device will be offered in industrial use, for heat and power, he reported. Allan also mentioned other exciting developments including PlasmERG's Noble Gas Engine, which runs on fuel that would only cost a few dollars a month, and Aviso Technologies out of the Philippines, which uses Tesla-like circuitry.

Immediately upon the segment starting, Sterling pointed out that the show was taking place on the 22nd anniversary of Pons and Fleischmann's public announcement of their cold fusion results. This is very interesting, because the upcoming guest Andrea Rossi has produced a commercially ready cold fusion technology that is approaching launch this October. What an auspicious coincidence!

During the first portion of the show, Sterling spent some time describing Andrea Rossi's cold fusion or LENR (Low Energy Nuclear Reaction) technology. He explained to George how the system combines very fine nickel powder, hydrogen gas, pressure, and heat to produce nuclear reactions. The result is a large production of energy (a minimum of 10 kilowatts of constant thermal output) from a reactor vessel the size of one liter. Additional details of the technology were also discussed.

Sterling also took a moment to discuss the one-year research program on the Energy Catalyzer that is taking place at the University of Bologna. (Ref.) It is very interesting that this research program has begun at arguably the world's oldest continually operating university (there are some continuously-running Muslim higher-learning schools that predate it by about 500 years). This program will focus on understanding more about the reactions taking place inside the reactor. At the end of the one year, the results will be formally posted. But hopefully before then, some details will be shared with the public.

As the interview continued, George asked Sterling what other emerging technologies are especially impressive. Sterling responded by expressing how there are not just a couple, but several impressive energy innovations he is following. There are so many it can be difficult to keep track of them all! One such device is the Plasma ERG noble gas engine, that utilizes inert gases in a plasma process to fire pistons.

Another example is the "Alpha Omega Galaxy Freefall Generator" which produces power by harnessing the force of gravity and centrifugal force. He said just that day he had seen photos and a video of some advanced prototypes being built, including a production prototype.

Sterling also talked about Frederick Well's water fuel cell technology that enables a vehicle to run on water, or various ratios of fuel-to-hydroxy. Wells had given Sterling permission to mention that he aims to have 230,000 units available for purchase by June. Sterling said that the water-as-fuel research world was teaming with researchers figuring out ways to harness zero point energy or some kind of external energy in the process of electrolyzing water into hydrogen and oxygen.

"We're talking technologies so cheap and simple that they could be built at the local mechanic's shop," Sterling said, urging the audience to envision that being done through cottage industries worldwide; and what that could do for the World economy, as well as removing our dependence on polluting fuel sources and a central control. "We're talking an energy revolution, urging people to rise up against the corrupt powers that be by supporting the emergence of free energy technologies."

Sterling pointed out that while all industries, on average, spend three percent of their budget on research and development; with the shining example being the communications industry, which spends 25% of their budget on R&D, cranking out an amazing array of very helpful devices; the energy industry spends a paltry 0.3% on R&D. "They probably spend at least this much on suppression of competing technologies," Sterling quipped.

Andrea Rossi Interview

After the first break at the bottom of the hour, George brought Andrea Rossi into the conversation. Welcoming him to the show, George asked Andrea for a bit of information about the system. Andrea Rossi responded by stating the device is a module that produces about ten kilowatts of power. It works by using nickel and hydrogen to release more energy than is consumed. He also stated that he prefers not to refer to it as a "cold fusion" device, but as a device that produces, "Low Energy Nuclear Reactions."

Rossi mentioned how the first applications will be industrial, because of the various certifications and authorizations that would be required to install a unit in a home. He continued to describe the technology and gave some information about the costs involved. A one megawatt power plant would cost approximately two million dollars, using the figure of two thousand dollars per kilowatt of capacity installed. The energy produced would cost approximately one cent per kilowatt-hour – nearly four times cheaper than some of the cheapest energy worldwide at present. Most likely, this is not the actual manufacturing cost of the equipment and energy produced. That would probably be far less due to the simplicity of the technology, cheap fuel, and large amount of energy released. I expect these numbers are what his company plans to charge to install plants and for the electricity they produce.

Andrea Rossi also described how he had sold a former business and everything he had to pay for the development of this technology, coming to several million dollars. He said he has used up all of his financial resources on the project, which George found very noble and remarkable. Also, Andrea explained that no one was taking a financial risk but himself. "No one will pay a single cent for plants we build until they are proven to work and energy is produced."

What will be of interest to many within the LENR community is that Andrea released a few tidbits of technical information. He stated the nickel powder used as fuel costs about 20 dollars a kilogram. However, they process it in a very special way requiring delicate equipment. The employee who works to process the nickel powder is actually 96 years old. Rossi is 60 years old and the fact his associate is still "the best man for the job" at such an advanced age gives him hope for another 36 years of productivity!

One more piece of technical information is that Andrea Rossi gave a figure for hydrogen consumption. He stated the system consumes approximately one gram of hydrogen per day. This is approximately 11.2 liters of hydrogen gas at standard air pressure and temperature. The amount of hydrogen needed to produce 10 kW of thermal energy for 24 hours would be thousands upon thousands of liters.

The segment with Andrea lasted about 20 minutes, filling the second of four segments in the two hour portion of the show, with commercials and news at the top and bottom of each hour. It was a great show and he first radio or television interview with Andrea Rossi in the United States.

The interview with Andrea was nearly scrapped prior to the show, due to a miscommunication about his level of ability to speak and understand English. They have had bad experiences in the past, described as a "train wreck" with guests who can't adequately understand or speak English. But after getting on the phone with Andrea, producer Tom Danheiser was put at ease, and reversed the decision they had made to scrap having him on. As George bid Andrea farewell, it was clear that he had enjoyed having him on the show.

Aviso's Tesla Technology

The second half of the show was mostly taking callers' questions, but Sterling was able to take a few minutes to talk about the work of Philippine inventor Ismael Aviso who is developing multiple technologies that capture energy from the ambient environment, enabling electric vehicles to go endlessly without stopping to recharge or fuel; and enabling a home power system that could run continuously, and potentially providing high-power base-load generation on the utility scale. His electric vehicle setup, in which his onboard antenna circuit keeps the 12-volt battery charged that runs a 11-kW DC motor, was validated by the Philippine Department of Energy last month. Sterling said that Ismael is considering open sourcing the technology, which would allow for rapid release of plans and kits to enable people to convert their vehicles; whereas if he goes the route of additional investors that they will want him to keep it quiet, and it will take 2-3 years to go through the steps of research and development, optimization, testing, and certification; and he doesn't think the planet has the luxury of waiting that long for a technology that could make this big of a difference. He therefore is pushing for the alternative of a fund drive to raise the $5 million he'll need to get to the point of being able to manufacture the kit components in high volume.

Donations can be made on Ismael's website, http://AvisoTechnologies.com, that was just posted yesterday by a crew of supporters living in the Philippines.

"Consider it an act of resistance to the intentional take-down of society by the corrupt powers that be, which David Icke talked about in the first half of tonight's show," Sterling said. He urged Coast listeners to help promote these emerging free energy technologies to become a meme (thematic talking point) in the alternative world, among the favorite alternative media outlets. He said we don't have to just hunker down while the dark elements wipe out free civilization; we can take a very active part in seeing these energy technologies emerge, which empower the individual and liberate them from their dependence on the corrupt central powers.

Link
item8

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://drbrianoleary.wordpress.com/

Quote:
Breakdown to Breakthrough is Possible Now
March 23, 2011 drbrianoleary

Today is the 65th anniversary of the birth of my beloved wife Meredith and the 22nd anniversary of the discovery of cold fusion by University of Utah chemists Martin Fleischmann and Stanley Pons. In the years since, not only have we had dozens of authentic proofs-of-concept that certain nuclear reactions of nonradioactive elements can be assisted chemically, we now seem to have the first practical device that could provide the world with its first commercially viable clean “over-unity” energy device ever and thus end the tyranny of dependence on our current toxic energy systems that so rule us in our daily lives.

For many decades I have had intimate contact with energy issues—as a U.S. Congressional senior consultant on nuclear power, as a university professor and as an author and editor of books and studies on the subject—all of which was undertaken free of vested corporate and political interests. As I have examined the issues in more and more depth, I have come to realize that nuclear energy is one of those topics that scares the living daylights out of me.

The dangers of reactor safety and waste disposal, not to mention the proliferation of nuclear weapons, could result in this source of electricity and its weapons applications killing almost all of us. It’s time for the public to become more aware of the danger of using radioactive fuels that will be with us for generations to come. We are stealing not only our own healthy environment but that of our children, their children and onward for thousands of years, because of selfish decisions being made by the mad mainstream myopic culture that dominates us. The deadly toxic plutonium, cesium-137 and other highly radioactive byproducts now escaping into the atmosphere, ground, water and food from the Fukushima reactors could kill thousands, perhaps millions, of people over the next tens of thousands of years and render the region permanently uninhabitable (like Chernobyl). For example, the half-life of plutonium-239 is 24,000 years! And how about the millions of long-lived highly radioactive fuel rods that are scattered all over the world and we don’t yet know how or where to dispose them? How could our governments and industries be so mad as to provide electricity from such a dangerous source of fuel?

In 1975 when I was a nuclear energy advisor to U.S. Congressman Morris Udall (D-AZ) and his subcommittee on Energy and the Environment, I and others from the scientific community took a close, hard look at nuclear fuel cycle safety issues. We came to the sober conclusion that nuclear power is extremely dangerous—so much so that this technology should be abandoned as soon as possible worldwide. The risks involved, especially when these power plants are built on fault zones or in areas that are vulnerable to tsunamis, are simply untenable.

With 36 additional years of hindsight under our belts during which a litany of accidents occurred–most notably the “impossible” meltdowns at Three Mile Island, then Chernobyl and now Fukushima–it is now obvious that we were correct in our recommendation to abandon nuclear technology. I can recall going through the calculations that accurately predicted some of the apocalyptic happenings we now face and which could have easily been avoided if the safety of the planet had not played second fiddle to the profits of the nuclear industry.

During the 1970s a proposal to build over 1,000 nuclear power plants in the United States was promoted by the nuclear industry, by President Richard Nixon and by the U.S. Congress Joint Committee on Atomic Energy. Fortunately, this potential nightmare was thwarted by public outcries about the dangers of nuclear power, by our subcommittee’s Democratic majority oversight authority, and by market forces unwilling to risk the dangers involved in nuclear power. As a result, over the past three decades we have successfully placed a moratorium on building new nuclear power plants in the United States. We now have 104 nuclear power plants, instead of over 1,000 that had been advocated by the industry during the 1970s. But with the increasing pollution, resource depletion and climate change resulting from relying on coal and oil power plants, the nuclear industry has seized the opportunity to renew its campaign to build more nuclear power plants, shamelessly promoting them as “clean and safe energy.”

The ravages of nuclear power are but one sad example of how our large vested infrastructures have become corrupted by powerful financial interests. The influence of short-term financial profit affects our energy systems more than any other sector, but it is also having an increasingly deleterious effect on our financial, water, agricultural, waste, military and governance systems as well. Our planet is rapidly becoming grossly unsustainable, with massive devastation guaranteed within a generation due to wars, pollution, climate change, deforestation, water shortages, soil destruction and economic instabilities. But there is no issue more dangerous than the Faustian bargain we have made with our commitment to nuclear energy.

As I watch the unfolding saga in Japan, I feel nearly paralyzed by another dose of grief over the disastrous effects that our fossil fuel/nuclear juggernaut has had on all of us, as we once again pick up the pieces and try to carry on almost as if the nightmare hadn’t happened.

The 2011 Japan nuclear crisis is but the latest indignity we suffer globally, simply because of the blatantly false assertion that this source of electricity is clean and carbon-neutral and therefore we should have a worldwide nuclear renaissance. To the contrary, according to Dr. Helen Caldicott, a nuclear power plant would have to operate for 18 years before becoming “carbon neutral,” because the mining/transport/ construction infrastructure consumes an enormous amount of fossil fuels. Nuclear power is not only far from being carbon-neutral, it is even farther from being safe, as the latest nuclear crisis, this time in Japan, demonstrates. Yet the official response here, as promoted by the nuclear industry and echoed by the media, is similar to that in the other disasters: well, it looks like we got through this one (whew!), but it’s now time to return to business-as-usual and re-enact our collective amnesia.

The oil and coal disasters fall into the same pattern: the recent $8 billion judgment in Ecuador against Chevron-Texaco for dumping millions of gallons of oil-slicked toxic waste into the biodiverse Amazon rainforest and water supply killing and rendering sick thousands of local residents; the BP oil gusher in the Gulf of Mexico; the carbon dioxide emissions from burning fossil fuels contributing to probably irreversible climate change and ocean acidification; the wars for oil now expanding to Libya; the leveling of mountaintops for coal; dwindling supplies of easily obtainable oil; and the depletion of hydrocarbon resources, to name a few of our grossly unsustainable energy policies. In the face of the latest oil-and-coal-related disasters as well as nuclear disasters, it should be obvious to the most casual observer that oil, coal and nuclear energy should be phased out as soon as possible worldwide, especially since we have access to clean and safe alternatives.

My research and analyses from decades of experience as a professor and as an energy advisor to U.S. Congress and presidential candidates clearly demonstrates that in the near future we’ll have to abandon both hydrocarbons and nuclear power as our primary energy sources (now about 93% of the energy mix worldwide), and that we need to find another energy source to replace them soon. King CONG (coal, oil, nuclear and gas) is grossly unsustainable when we consider full life-cycle environmental costs.

When most people consider an alternative to uranium, oil, nuclear and natural gas, they think of the traditional “renewables,” such as biofuels, hydropower, solar power and wind power. Although all of these are greatly superior to hydrocarbons and nuclear in their impact on the environment, it is important to note that they all use much too much land and materials to be considered truly clean and renewable. If they were our only alternative, we would have to make them work somehow, but it would require enormous changes to our life-style and economy in terms of reducing energy needs and improving efficiency. What is not widely known, however, is that there are numerous potential sources of clean energy that do not require excessive land and materials and which would be far less disruptive to our lifestyle and economy than converting to traditional renewables.

During the past 25 years I’ve visited the laboratories of dozens of researchers who have come up with a variety of proofs-of-concept of breakthrough clean energy technologies that appear to be clean, cheap, decentralized, scalable, safe and potentially transparent/open source. Concepts include energy from the vacuum (sometimes called “zero-point”), cold fusion and advanced hydrogen and water chemistries. To date, these remarkable possibilities, which require further research to come to full flowering, have so far been violently suppressed by vested interests that profit enormously by preserving the status quo. The researchers themselves have suffered untold calamities due to lack of support and often outright intimidation. There’s little or no short-term money in this field (so far), which means that these highly creative and dedicated scientists have been forced to carry on their work on a shoe-string budget, always with a pressing need for funds, and despite a deep and realistic fear of reprisals from vested interests in the energy industry.

In order to protect this absolutely essential research from threats from the established energy industry, we need to create protected R&D laboratories scattered around the world to do the necessary perfecting of some of these technologies so they can be brought forward to humanity as soon as possible. We need to establish independent scientific panels to assess the efficacy of the technologies, guided not by the profit motive but by concern for humankind and nature. So far, this kind of concept design philosophy has been stymied by the disbelief of mainstream scientists and environmentalists who have their own vested interests and are unwilling to even examine the evidence for breakthrough clean energy, thus forming an unwitting alliance with the powers-that-be, who simply want to go on with business-as-usual for short-term economic gain.

Andrea Rossi and Sergio Focardi

Yet as a scientist myself, I am convinced that any one or some of the new energy concepts, when carefully researched by competent teams, could effectively transform our reliance on hydrocarbons and nuclear into an energy source that would be widely available at virtually no cost to the environment. One almost-commercial example is Andrea Rossi’s Cold Fusion Energy Catalyzer http://RossiColdFusion.com and http://www.peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:Andrea_A._Rossi_Cold_Fusion _Generator. Two excellent websites describing the state of the art of over 100 promising clean breakthrough energy concepts are http://www.peswiki.com and http://www.free-energy-info.com. (Go ahead. I dare you to go to those sites and examine the evidence with an open mind!)

For the sake of our very survival, we need to begin this process immediately. Even if you personally do not believe that radically new energy generation is realistic, would you not agree that the seriousness of the crisis makes it worth a try? If it is within our power to develop and utilize breakthrough clean energy, then we must develop the political will to overcome the obstacles to making it available so that we can save our planet. So far, the conundrum suggests that we shouldn’t venture forth, simply because of powerful industrial interests and our short-sighted fear of the unknown. We know that large corporations like General Electric and large governments like the U.S. simply don’t want new breakthrough clean energy because it threatens their vested interests in large nuclear reactors and centralized fossil fuel facilities and grid systems. But this conundrum needn’t go on forever if we do things differently.

As a member of the Apollo team during the 1960s I had the experience of participating in tiger teams (skunkworks), which were characterized by a “can-do” attitude that certain outside-the-box goals could be accomplished with the right optimism and discipline. And these remarkable teams, which were in large part protected from the voices of doubters and vested interests, accomplished amazing results that were far outside the box of conventional expectations. But so far nobody has yet run with the opportunity to develop breakthrough clean energy in a way that matches the urgency of the Apollo mission, nor is there much public discussion about this possibility.

I believe new energy should be the Holy Grail of our time if we are to have any hope for a truly sustainable future for our home planet. There are several promising new energy concepts, any one or some of which, with further development, could provide the energy solution for the Earth. Most conventional decision-makers, however, in their preoccupation with short-term gain, are unable to step back and even consider the possibilities of developing a radically different approach to energy. Therefore, it is likely that we will need to support and protect the R&D process far away from the grip of conventional decision-makers on energy policy.

It’s ironic that one form of nuclear energy that is dirty, expensive, unsafe, unreliable and highly centralized (nuclear power plants) can very soon give way to another form of nuclear energy (the Rossi cold fusion device) that is clean, cheap, safe, reliable and decentralized. The Rossi reactor is the first of many new energy technologies that could end the nightmare. This energy source comes in manageable local 10-killowatt units that could provide truly sustainable electricity and heat for all of civilization. Any radioactivity from the reaction is very small and containable (honest!) and the raw materials for the reactions are abundant and nonradioactive (fine nickel powder, hydrogen and an undisclosed catalyst). This is authentic transmutation, this is the safe alchemy to provide the kind of energy we can reliably and affordably use.

The Rossi reactor is crucially important to the credibility of an energy solution revolution because after dozens of proof-of-concept experiments over the years, we at last have a technology that will likely be able to stand alone in its ability to compete in the marketplace as well as provide the world the kind of energy source it so desperately needs. The Rossi device is a role model for what we need and can have. The challenge now is not that we don’t have what’s necessary for humanity’s quest for truly clean energy but that we can assure its urgent and ethical introduction to a world riddled with hubris and greed.

A few of us in the innovation field gathered in 2010 at Montesueños-Vilcabamba and founded a non-profit organization called the Global Innovation Alliance. Our mission is to develop and assess those technologies that could achieve the goal of sustainability. We propose that a given lab would work on a number of technologies: (1) some near-term “bridge” technologies that could provide economic independence of the laboratory alongside creating a learning experience about the multitude of localized nature-friendly approaches, and (2) longer-term projects such as the production of clean breakthrough energy and water purification devices and other truly sustainable technologies. The first such laboratory and educational center is being prepared in New Zealand. We are also compiling a list of some of the most talented inventors and scientists to participate in the laboratories we envision.

We here in Latin America—with our wealth of natural resources, indigenous wisdom, environmental awareness and newer progressive governments—live in an ideal locale to build the kinds of facilities and develop clean technologies that pass the true tests of sustainability. But in order to achieve this goal, the various nations will have to become more sovereign from imperial corporate interests. In Ecuador, for example, we are discussing with government officials and indigenous groups the possibility of introducing new energy technologies, sustainable organic and medicinal agriculture, localized energy-water-food-waste management systems, restoration ecology, regional currencies and other infrastructures that could replace the dirty but temporarily lucrative extraction of petroleum, minerals and agricultural monocultures for export.

Initially this is a hard sell to government officials and other funding sources, mainly because of the short-term thinking of corporations and governments seeking cash flows right away. But in order to get to where we need to go (true sustainability) we have to create new alliances, new entities that can move forward with innovations. I believe Latin America is one of the few “safe” places on the planet to carry out this controversial but essential research and development. It’s relatively free of the many vested pressures of the global North, whose focus is on imperial militarism, economic and resource exploitation and financial tyranny.

The ideal solution will be to establish some protected R&D laboratories and educational centers (innovation sanctuaries) worldwide. For this job, we’ll need the cooperation of both governments and private funding sources. However, the laboratories could become self-sufficient after a year or two when some of the bridge technologies are introduced. The proposed enterprises come out of a deep conviction regarding the importance of preserving the sanctity of nature and furnishing truly clean infrastructures as a first priority and profit only as a second priority.

In summary, nuclear power is dangerous to our health and to the environment and must be stopped. Extracting and burning fossil fuels results in polluting our land, waterways, oceans, climate and atmosphere so badly that we cannot continue to pursue fossil fuels either. It is time to think outside the box, to come up with solutions that are truly sustainable. That such solutions do exist should be considered and accepted by creative decision-makers who have an open mind and a sense of responsibility for what we are doing to our planet. Developing and implementing breakthrough clean energy technologies is the course we must follow if we are to have any chance of reversing the onslaught of planetary destruction and achieving a sustainable world of harmony with nature. What are we waiting for? Another, even worse, ecological disaster? If not now, …when?

In the darkness of our times, there’s a glimmer of hope that can light our way to a brilliant future. Our job now is to recognize what that is and to act on it.

I thank Chuck Millar for his able editing of this essay.
Update on the global energy dilemma
March 14, 2011 drbrianoleary Comments off

Japan earthquake nuclear plant damageThe recent Japan nuclear disasters and their uncertain outcome are telling us once again that nuclear power and the very existence of nuclear weapons is hazardous to life for generations to come. Yet our leaders steadfastly continue to support ever more consumption of nuclear power and hydrocarbon energy in the face of obvious and overwhelming problems, where we need to phase out these energy sources and phase in a blend of totally new clean energy sources that would involve a publicly transparent research effort that should rival that of the Manhattan and Apollo projects.

Of all the polluting activities that humanity pursues, there is none more damaging to the environment than the abuse of energy. The extraction of oil, coal and uranium in increasingly sensitive ecosystems, their transport, their incineration and their disposal are causing more environmental havoc on Earth than any other single factor. But the awesome multitrillion dollar vested industrial interests have so far staved off any attempt to curb this extraction. Whether it’s the BP Gulf oil gusher, the Chevron-Texaco decimation of the Ecuadorian Amazon, the leveling of West Virginia mountaintops, the dirty extractions of tar sands in Alberta or the resulting deforestation and water and air pollution or earthquake-induced radiation emissions from nuclear power plants, the story is always the same: the vast extraction and burning of hydrocarbons are destroying the planet. The mandate to cut way back on coal, oil and nuclear use—now 80 percent of the world’s energy mix—is reinforced by the scientific consensus that the principal cause of global climate change and the acidification of the oceans is in fact the routine burning of hydrocarbons and uranium. Yet public policies remain unchanged, even in the face of our headlong race into ecological catastrophe. There is little time to spare before we experience an irreversible tipping point of instability in our climate and in our dying ecosystems. Is it not collective insanity for humanity to rely on such dirty energy? Our top priority should be the introduction of truly clean, sustainable energy.
On the Need for New Governance
March 10, 2011 drbrianoleary Comments off

Introduction

Many of us in the scientific, environmental and progressive communities have become increasingly alarmed about the dire global emergency we now face. The nations of the world truly lack authentic leadership to redirect our course to the goals of peace, justice and sustainability. We need new governance systems to guide our future destiny for the good of ourselves, all of nature and future generations.

Those of us who are knowledgeable about future possibilities–whether they be in creating breakthrough clean technologies or in consciously ending war, corruption, greed, injustice and environmental devastation–have been divided and ruled by a tyranny so pervasive and insidious that it has manipulated us into standing by in powerlessness, ignorance and complacency.

It is now time for us to declare “enough” and to embark on a new mission—one dedicated to the values of truth, beauty, compassion, and humility.

To these ends we dedicate ourselves as we chart a new course that will ensure for ourselves and future generations a peaceful, just and sustainable world. Nothing less will serve the needs of the planet in this time of grave crisis and unprecedented opportunity.

What Doesn’t Work

It is far easier to identify systemic corruptions that don’t work under current governance than to propose new governance systems that do work. For example, the peaceful democratic protests of early 2011 from Wisconsin to Egypt all reflect a desire to end the tyrannies of top leadership in those jurisdictions, but they are not as clear about what kind of governance they want to replace the old tyrannies. It’s often stated that you need to let go of what you don’t want before bringing in what you do want.

Therein begins the revolutionary process, but it’s only the beginning. We need to follow an agenda that would fulfill Buckminster Fuller’s adage, “There is only one kind of revolution, and that’s revolution by design.”

The progressive literature spells out the tyrannies of vested interests that control our governments, particularly the U.S. government. These systems must be replaced by governance that truly serves the needs of the people and the planet if we are to have any chance of surviving these times. Some of the websites that accurately describe our collective dilemma include www.commondreams.org, www.globalresearch.ca, www.alternet.org, and www.informationclearinghouse.info. There is no need to repeat here the abundant evidence they cite for our accelerating global decline due to careless human interventions.

We can conclude from the evidence, however, that what doesn’t work at a basic systemic level includes at least the following:

• The use of dirty energy, particularly oil and coal, but also most of the other energy sources now in use as well, which are simply unsustainable when full life-cycle environmental costs are considered;

• Unsustainable agriculture, mining, forestry, and land development; unsustainable water and waste management; and unsustainable chemical, biotechnical and pharmaceutical production;

• Unnecessary, expensive and morally corrupt wars, which are accompanied by torture, lies, cover-ups, domestic spying, bloated military budgets and the continuing terror of nuclear weapons and other weapons of mass destruction;

• The corrupt financial power and dominance of central bankers and Wall Street, including related bribes to politicians and judges, resulting in a growing division between rich and poor; and

• Corporate control of the government through lobbying and other monetary subversions, resulting in governmental acceptance of the unsustainable practices listed above.

We believe that, first and foremost, these practices must end as soon as possible, with a carefully planned phasing-out of those institutions that promote and benefit from them.

What Does Work

We believe that an intelligently planned design process must now begin, one that would implement truly sustainable practices in place of our current destructive activities. The design of such practices will proceed from an assessment of a broad range of technologies to determine which should be selected for research and development and what kind of governance should be applied to ensure their safe and timely introduction. Among the most urgent tasks that lie ahead will be to deploy:

• Clean breakthrough energy systems, previously suppressed, that could effectively solve the energy crisis, eliminating the extracting and burning of fossil and nuclear fuels and the pollution from other central station/grid sources;

• Clean water, energy and waste management systems, based on technologies such as those of Viktor Schauberger;

• The power of combined human intention to heal ourselves and our environment;

• Sustainable organic and medicinal agriculture to replace large monocultures, GMOs and the use of pesticides and herbicides;

• The cessation of all other unsustainable practices, such as chemtrails, toxic dumping, unnecessary mining, and geoengineering;

• Protected research and development centers to phase in the new sustainable technologies under the guidance of new governance systems that are not influenced by financial gain or outside parties;

• The end of unnecessary war, military spending, and secrecy; the abolition of nuclear weapons and other weapons of mass destruction; and the creation of an Earth Corps to clean up the planet;

• A total revision of the monetary and financial reward system that would ensure the end of the current domination by central banks, which has resulted in unlimited wealth for the few and growing poverty for the many; and

• An abandonment of economic growth as the principal driver of public policy.

A new governance system must ensure that these goals and others of the same nature be implemented as soon as possible. Our very survival depends on adopting these measures.

Overcoming Vested Interests

Perhaps the greatest challenge lies in overcoming the inertia of powerful vested interests. By following the money, we generally see that the more profitable the enterprise, the more it is likely to be involved in pollution and unethical practices. A dramatic example involves the billionaire industrialists David and Charles Koch, who both pollute the environment and also fund leading Republican politicians, who then pass laws that enable polluters to continue polluting and increasing their profits while cutting their taxes—a dynamic that is ultimately unsustainable to the nation and the entire planet.

Of all the polluting activities that humanity pursues, there is none more damaging to the environment than the abuse of energy. The extraction of oil, coal and uranium in increasingly sensitive ecosystems, their transport, their incineration and their disposal are causing more environmental havoc on Earth than any other single factor. But the awesome multitrillion dollar vested industrial interests have so far staved off any attempt to curb this extraction. Whether it’s the BP Gulf oil gusher, the Chevron-Texaco decimation of the Ecuadorian Amazon, the leveling of West Virginia mountaintops, the dirty extractions of tar sands in Alberta or the resulting deforestation and water and air pollution or earthquake-induced radiation emissions from nuclear power plants, the story is always the same: the vast extraction and burning of hydrocarbons are destroying the planet. The mandate to cut way back on coal, oil and nuclear use—now 80 percent of the world’s energy mix—is reinforced by the scientific consensus that the principal cause of global climate change and the acidification of the oceans is in fact the routine burning of hydrocarbons and uranium. Yet public policies remain unchanged, even in the face of our headlong race into ecological catastrophe. There is little time to spare before we experience an irreversible tipping point of instability in our climate and in our dying ecosystems. Is it not collective insanity for humanity to rely on such dirty energy? Our top priority should be the introduction of truly clean, sustainable energy.

Building a Consensus

The requirement to design truly sustainable energy systems is in many ways the easiest place to start. Energy involves physical problems that demand physical solutions. We must insist on having sustainable energy regardless of how the technologies are eventually implemented, which ones are selected or when they come on-line. Those decisions will emerge from an ongoing process of assessment. First we need to research, assess and develop a variety of parallel technologies, any one or some of which will become dominant in our future energy mix.

Our mantra should always be, Is this particular approach truly sustainable? Is it cheap, totally clean, decentralized, safe, reliable, publicly transparent and selected honestly for its environmental friendliness? The design requirement for the systems to be developed is that they be as sustainable as possible from a wide variety of options being assessed.

The best way to achieve these goals is to create publicly supported R&D centers to assess and build the most promising options, ranging from bridge technologies that work for nature rather than against nature (e.g., Gunter Pauli’s “Blue Economy”) to the most elegant breakthrough energy systems. We should pursue many approaches in search of the best ones, and we will advance our knowledge even from those approaches that are not selected for further development.

The ongoing process of selection is not likely to be as challenging a task as the equitable distribution of the technology for the common good. Selection will be largely based on an ongoing assessment of which technologies best fit the criterion of sustainability generations from now. But the more difficult challenge will involve introducing innovative technologies to the world so that everyone benefits from them. This will be the principal task of the new governance system.

The new governance will need to be sovereign for it to do its job effectively. We can no longer tolerate the suppressions of the past. The new initiatives should apply to governance at all levels—local, regional and global. Evolving the wisest consensus will involve an ongoing process of assessing, researching, developing and introducing the most sustainable innovations —in an environment where we are protected from all vested interests. We will need to be free to move forward independent of outside influences.

Conclusion

Given that we are all knowledgeable about the dire circumstances of today’s world, we won’t need to spend time focusing on the destructiveness of the old paradigm, but instead we can move forward briskly on conceptual designs for the new governance and breakthrough clean energy systems. The planet is crying out to us to adopt a kinder and better way of life as soon as possible. We needn’t be confined to any particular locale, bioregion or planet as a whole, because the requirements of sustainability and sovereignty everywhere are the principal drivers for the new world we wish to create. It’s time to get on with the job—before it’s too late.
item8

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://pesn.com/2011/04/07/9501805_Rossi_Cold_Fusion_Validated_by_Swed ish_Skeptics_Society/

Quote:
Rossi Cold Fusion Validated by Swedish Skeptic's Society

Yet another test of Andrea Rossi's Energy Catalyzer (E-Cat) has been performed on a 4.5 kW version near the University of Bologna. This time a new set of observers were present, one of which is the chairman of the Swedish Skeptics Society, who confirmed that Copper is being formed from Hydrogen and Nickel -- cold fusion!

by Hank Mills
Pure Energy Systems News

The evidence in support of Andrea Rossi's "cold fusion" or "LENR" (low energy nuclear reaction) based Energy Catalyzer continues to grow. For those who are not aware, his system combines nickel powder, hydrogen gas, and an input of pressure and heat to produce a large output of thermal energy. On March 29th, 2011 yet another test of the technology was performed at the University of Bologna. Like previous tests, the outcome was a complete success. However, this time a smaller version of the E-Cat was tested and two new observers were present.

Some well known players were present during the test. These include Andrea Rossi (the inventor of the E-Cat), Professor Sergio Focardi, Dr. David Bianchini, and of course Dr. Giuseppe Levi. Two guest observers were also present. One of the guest observers was Hanno Essen, associate professor of theoretical physics at the Swedish Royal Institute of Technology. He is also the chairman of the Swedish Skeptics Society. The other guest observer was Professor Sven Kullander of Uppsala University. He is also chairman of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences Energy Committee.

Smaller System with Great Results

The test was performed on a much smaller version of the E-Cat. The previous version of the E-Cat had a reactor volume of about one liter. This system has a reactor volume of only one twentieth of a liter. Four E-Cat systems were present, but only one was tested. The remaining units had their shielding and insulation removed. This allowed for their construction to be seen.

This new model of E-Cat consists of a stainless steel reactor vessel which is placed inside of a copper pipe. Water flows between the copper pipe and the steel reactor vessel. There are inlets for both water and hydrogen gas. The reactor is activated by current flowing through a resistor which is wrapped around the outside of the copper pipe. When a certain temperature is reached the reaction begins. The setup is truly simple. It reminds me of old pipework from many years ago.

Kullander and Essen were given permission to examine the setup, check for hidden power supplies, fill the reactor with hydrogen, calibrate the volume of water flow, monitor the temperature of the water flow in and out of the system, and observe the entire experiment. The reactor contained 50 grams of nickel powder and .11 grams of hydrogen. In their report (pdf) they state, "We had free access to the heater electric supply, to the inlet water hose, to the outlet steam valve and water hose, and to the hydrogen gas feed pipe. The total weight of the device was estimated to be around 4 kg."

The result of the experiment was a constant average production of 4.69 kW of power for almost six hours. Additionally, the input was on average 330 watts (30 of which was used by the electronics controlling the setup). This is fifteen times less than the energy produced by the device (15x overunity).

This output was less than the 10 to 15 kW produced by the previous version of the E-Cat, but this is very impressive for a device 1/20th the volume!

Kullander and Essen also ruled out that the energy could be coming from a chemical source. They stated, "Any chemical process for producing 25 kWh from any fuel in a 50 cm3 container can be ruled out. The only alternative explanation is that there is some kind of a nuclear process that gives rise to the measured energy production." This statement is VERY significant coming from a report written not only by professional scientists, but also by the chairman of a skeptical society!

Yet again, it seems the existence of cold fusion or LENR in the form of Andrea Rossi's Energy Catalyzer has been vindicated. However, there is more news to report.

Transmutations

It is well known to those who have been following the saga of Andrea Rossi's technology that one byproduct of the system is copper. Apparently, it is the result of the fusion reaction between nickel and hydrogen. Until now, we had to take Andrea Rossi's word for that, but the results of additional testing has confirmed his claims.

A sample of fresh nickel powder and a sample of nickel powder that had been in an active E-Cat for two and a half months was given to Kullander and Essen. Elemental and isotopic analysis was performed on the samples utilizing both X-ray Fluorescence and Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry. The result was that the fresh nickel powder was almost totally pure nickel, but the nickel powder that had been in an E-Cat contained 10% copper and 11% iron. Two of the copper isotopes detected were Cu63 and Cu65. Kullander has stated this is proof of nuclear reactions taking place in the reactor.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Bob Park!

Mr. Park, are you ready to start apologizing for your many years of claiming cold fusion is simply pseudo-science, voodoo science, and snake oil? You better crawl back into the hole you came out of, because a lot of folks are going to be demanding apologies soon!

(Go ahead and continue faking your, "cold fusion amnesia." We realize you have been avoiding talking about the topic over the past few months!)

Dumbstream Media Still Not Paying Attention

After multiple successful tests of the E-Cat by third parties, and now proof of nuclear reactions, it is frustrating (but predictable) that the mainstream media is not paying hardly any attention to this technology. The E-Cat represents a way to eliminate our need for fossil fuels and an alternative to conventional nuclear power. However, Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, and many other news networks act as if nothing is happening.

This is more proof that the mainstream media is dead, totally owned and controlled by the corrupt powers that be. If you want up to date news and information the alternative media is now the best source. At some point, awareness of this technology will reach a critical mass, and the so called mainstream media will be forced to cover it. Probably, there will be multi-hour long televised specials about the technology. The truth, of course, will be that they will not deserve the ratings they get. They ignored this technology for many months and it would serve them right if no one tuned in! I hope Andrea Rossi does not give a single major network in the United States an interview. My personal hope is that he chooses to give frequent interviews on Coast to Coast AM, and other media outlets that have frequently favorably discussed cold fusion over the years.

Energy Revolution Coming Soon

This is further evidence that an energy revolution is coming. As the year long research program on the E-Cat technology continues at the University of Bologna, more evidence is bound to be released. Perhaps soon after the one megawatt power plant and 300,000 unit a year manufacturing plant in Xanthi, Greece opens, a factory can start up in Japan. They could sure use a source of jobs and a new source of energy to replace their destroyed conventional nuclear power industry.

The only real mystery at this point is the catalyst(s) used in the reaction. This is the key to producing practical levels of output from nickel-hydrogen fusion systems.
item8

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://pesn.com/2011/05/02/9501822_NyTeknik_Validates_Rossis_Energy_Ca talyzer/

Quote:
NyTeknik Validates Rossi's Energy Catalyzer

The Swedish website Ny Teknik has been providing detailed coverage of Andrea Rossi's Energy Catalyzer technology. Engineer Mats Lewan of Ny Teknik has released positive test results and video from two additional tests of the E-Cat. The validations keep on coming!

by Hank Mills with Sterling D. Allan

Italian engineer and inventor Andrea Rossi has developed a game changing "cold fusion" technology that has been validated via several tests performed by multiple third parties. One of the most recent tests of the E-Cat was attended by the former chair of the Swedish Skeptics Society, Professor Hanno Essén. With the assistance of Professor Sven Kullander, the testing successfully validated the Energy Catalyzer technology. An article about their validation was featured here at PESN.

Now, Engineer Mats Lewan from the Swedish publication, Ny Teknik, which means "New Technology", published weekly for over 40 years, has released results from two separate tests of the E-Cat he performed in Bologna, Italy. These latest results confirm those from previous testing, that the system outputs at least 6 times more energy than it consumes.

In addition to being a writer for Ny Teknik, Mats Lewan is also quite technically proficient. He holds a Master of Science degree in Engineering Physics from the Swedish Royal Institute of Technology. After reading through the many comments posted in response to Ny Teknik's coverage of the the E-Cat, Mats made sure that some of the most frequently voiced concerns would be addressed with his testing.

The first of these two tests was performed on April 19th, 2011 and the second was performed on April 28th. During both tests, multiple precautions were made to reduce any uncertainty in the measurements taken. First, the ammeter that was utilized to measure the electrical current input into the system (which powers the control circuitry and resistors that heat the reactor) was precisely calibrated. This is important to get an accurate measurement of total power consumption. Secondly, the water flow input was measured by weighing. This is more precise than simply measuring the flow rate from a spigot, which could potentially vary in volume over time. Third, the temperature probe was calibrated by submersing it in boiling water. The temperature of the boiling water was measured as being 99.6 degrees centigrade. This same probe later detected a temperature of 100.5 degrees centigrade when placed in the path of steam leaving the device. The significance is that due to the temperature of the steam being over 100 degrees centigrade, it is more certain the steam was dry (all the water being in the gas phase) and not wet (being mixed with a mist of liquid water). Any liquid water in the steam could throw off the calculations being used in the testing. Finally, any wireless transfer of energy was ruled out by checking the room for increased electromagnetic fields from 5 Hz to 3 GHz.

In the first test on April 19th, an E-Cat unit with a reactor volume of approximately 50cc and an officially rated capacity of 2.5 kilowatts consumed an average of 354 watts (7x overunity). The same unit produced an average output of 2.6 kilowatts. In the second test on April 28th, (utilizing the same sized reactor as in the first test) the system consumed an average of 378 watts and produced an average of 2.3 kilowatts (6x OU). This represents a huge gain of energy that could not be due to measurement error.

A full report with all the details can be found here for the first test and here for the second test. It should be noted that in both tests, the amount of hydrogen placed in the reactor was half a gram or less. It is impossible that the excess energy produced in these two tests could have been produced by any chemical reaction produced by the burning of hydrogen. As Mats concluded, the heat seems to be produced by some unknown nuclear reaction!

A video taken during one of the experiments is embedded in the Ny Teknik article (Italian) about these two experiments. A walk through of the entire setup is performed. Mats takes the time to detail every component of the small E-Cat units. Again, the 2.5 kW reactor vessel is only 50 cubic centimeters or 3.2 cubic inches in volume. The stainless steel reactor vessel is truly miniscule, and appears only as a small bulge in the copper pipe that surrounds it. Most of the volume of the system is taken up by the copper pipe, insulation, and control electronics. Despite this extra volume, several units are shown sitting on the same small table top. The fact such a great walk through video of the test setup was made is very refreshing. It gives readers a good intuitive feel for how the test was carried out, which may have been lacking in previous reports.
&^&
The pictures posted with the story are also helpful. One of the images shows the apparatus being lifted to check for hidden wires or power sources. Another image of a "naked" E-Cat shows a unit without the insulation to prevent heat loss and lead shielding. All of these visual aids (the video walk through and the pictures) really make this Ni Teknik story stand out.

Despite the repeated validations of Rossi's technology, there still are some skeptics remaining who are critical about the technology. Peter Ekström who is a lecturer at the Department of Nuclear Physics at Lund University in Sweden, states that he believes the whole thing is a scam. He thinks it will be exposed in less than one year's time. Physics professor Kjell Aleklett of Uppsala University in Sweden is slightly less skeptical. He still thinks it could be a scam, but thinks it could also turn out to be something no one could imagine.

Interestingly, Andrea Rossi has announced that an E-Cat unit will be sent to both the University of Uppsala and the University of Stockholm for extended testing. Perhaps after working with the device themselves, skeptics such as these two will eventually change their minds.

As time goes by, more and more validations of the Energy Catalyzer are taking place. This technology seems to be the real deal and totally authentic, which makes the wait for the opening of the one megawatt plant in Xanthi, Greece even more tedious and exciting. Interestingly, Andrea Rossi has stated that there are currently 105 E-Cat modules in continuous operation. He claims these are modules that will be used in the one megawatt plant, and he is personally constructing additional units every day!

The one megawatt plant will be operated by Defkalion Green Technologies Inc. that has received a license from Andrea Rossi to sell, license, and manufacture industrialized commercially applicable products using the Andrea Rossi Energy Catalyzer with global exclusivity rights; except the Americas. (Link) The one megawatt plant will power a factory with the capacity to produce 300,000 E-Cat units per year.
item8

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://freeenergytruth.blogspot.com/2011/04/97-e-cats-in-operation-rig ht-now.html

Quote:
97 E-Cats In Operation Right Now Accross 4 Countries
Friday, April 29, 2011

Yesterday we found out some amazing information. In one of Andrea Rossi's question and answer sessions on his blog he was asked some questions to which he gave some startling answers.

How many e-cats are in continuous operation today? - 97
How many geographic locations are e-cats running today? - 4
Are there any e-cats running in the US with businesses you own or individuals you trust? - YES

So to recap on this, Rossi is saying that at this moment there are 97 e-cats installed and working accross 4 different countries, with some already installed in the businesses of trusted individuals. The 4 countries are presumably USA (Rossi's Company Leonardo Corp), Italy, Greece and it's anyone's guess what the 4th one is.

Andrea Rossi is the inventor of the e-cat (energy catalyzer). A commercially viable cold fusion technology which is going into full production later this year. If you are new to the story and need some some quick facts on this remarkable technology please watch this video.

Please share this information as far and as wide as possible as we are encountering a high level of resistance in the mainstream media over the non-coverage of this important discovery.
item8

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.renewableenergyworld.com/rea/blog/post/2011/05/swedish-skep tics-confirm-nuclear-process-in-tiny-4-7-kw-reactor

Quote:
Swedish Skeptics Confirm "Nuclear Process" in Tiny 4.7 kW Reactor
By Thomas Blakeslee

I spend much of my time debunking the free energy fantasies of my less technically competent friends. Wishful thinking makes many believe that cars can run on water after seeing a brief youtube video. Lately, however, I have been undergoing an exciting paradigm shift.

Remember the “cold fusion” fiasco of 1989? Well, I have come to realize that it wasn’t what it seemed at all. Denial, groupthink, dirty tricks and easily manipulated media combined to create an historical injustice. Two decades have been wasted virtually ignoring this game-changing discovery. Today’s environmental disasters, expensive energy and oil wars could possibly have been avoided. I’ll say more in a moment about what really happened in 1989, but first, let me tell you what got me started reexamining what I thought I knew about cold fusion.

You probably think that 4700 watts of clean, radiation-free power from a three cubic inch reactor sounds like yet another impossible hoax. But this was a third iteration demo, designed to satisfy skeptics of two previous demonstration at the prestigious University of Bologna. Attending the third demo were two Swedish scientists. One was chairman of the Swedish Skeptics Society and the other was chairman of the Energy Committee of the Swedish Royal Academy of Science. They were both allowed to freely examine the entire setup except for the contents of the tiny, 50cc reactor chamber.

Their written report ended with: “Any chemical process for producing 25 kWh from any fuel in a 50 cm3 container can be ruled out. The only alternative explanation is that there is some kind of a nuclear process that gives rise to the measured energy production.” They also noted that you would have to burn 3 liters of oil to produce 25 kWh. There has since been another confirmation.

The inventor, Adrian Rossi, is very accessible on his blog and has said that more than one hundred of his 4.4 kW reactors are running in four countries. He plans to ship a larger unit in October that produces one MW of hot water. It consists of hundreds of the small reactors in series/parallel mounted in one 2 X 3 X 3 meter box. It weighs two tons. The proprietary nanopowdered nickel fuel will be replenished every six months. Everything has been financed using Rossi’s own money and the customer will pay only when satisfied.

Rossi is an inventor and businessman who decades ago noticed excess heat effects while working with a nickel catalyst to synthesize fuel from hydrogen and carbon monoxide. Using Edison-like experimental techniques, he soon learned to control the heat production. He even kept his factory heated for two years with a prototype reactor. More than two thousand prototypes were built and destroyed in refining the design and learning how to control and scale up the reaction.

Researching the science literature, Rossi soon found Dr Sergio Focardi of the University of Bologna, who had regularly published work on nickel-hydrogen reactors since 1994. Using his own money, Rossi contracted with Dr. Focardi and the university to help him understand and develop the technology as a product. By January 14, 2011 they were ready for a public demonstration of a 10 kilowatt desktop reactor.

The press reaction was muted in Europe and nonexistent in the U.S. Skeptics accused him of hiding a battery inside the reactor so another, longer, demonstration was held, using calorimetry that heated but didn’t boil water to answer other critics. The 18 hour demonstration produced 18 kilowatts average over the entire 18 hours. The U.S. press was still silent and skeptics were still suspicious so two more demos were held.

Still, the silence from the U.S. media was deafening. Rossi announced that there will be no more demonstrations until October 2011, when the million watt heating plant will be shipped to a customer in Greece. If he succeeds, be prepared for a repeat of the Sputnik shock of 1957 when the US woke up to find that they had fallen way behind in science.

Nickel is plentiful and cheap and so is hydrogen in the tiny amounts used. Nickel is so plentiful that energy becomes virtually free. Rossi’s reactor is very simple in principle. Powdered nickel and a catalyst are simply heated to about six hundred degrees centigrade in a stainless steel chamber filled with pressurized hydrogen. At a certain point, the gradual heating starts accelerating due to nuclear reactions in the metal lattice. The heating resistor is backed off to keep the reaction going at a steady state, with about 15 times more heat output than input. Much higher ratios are possible but can be unstable and dangerous. This is why the 1-MW plant will be built using hundreds of smaller modules.

The reactor is enclosed in a lead shield because some radiation is, unpredictably, produced during operation. However, the spent fuel is not radioactive but contains copper that has transmuted from nickel in the nuclear reaction. The lack of dangerous radiation drives hot fusion experts crazy, but clearly there are things happening that are not covered by the equations used in hot fusion. Obviously, quantum mechanics needs to be rethought to include these reactions.

There are many proposed theories. Biological processes have been found to produce transmuted isotopes without radiation. Also, tritium sometimes comes out of volcanic vents from unknown reactions inside the earth. Clearly, the physicists have more to explain if they will just open their ears. Here is an equation they should study carefully:

Groupthink + Denial = Environmental Disaster + Expensive Energy + Wars

Groupthink can make us totally irrational. The dot-com bubble and the housing bubble are examples of renowned experts becoming completely blind to facts that are now obvious in hindsight. Making a lot of money tends to blind us poor humans to clear evidence that we are living in a fantasy world. The consequences can be terrible.

Nuclear physicists in 1989 were riding a bonanza of tens of billions in government research money for the development of hot fusion reactors. After several decades of hard work, they were still far from achieving break-even, where output energy exceeds input energy. Just as the next round of appropriations was assured, Fleischmann and Pons came along with the announcement that they had already achieved excess heat output without government support and on an inexpensive desktop setup.

Denial was immediate. MIT and Caltech, who had been leaders in hot fusion work, immediately went to work “trying” to replicate the experiment. In just five weeks Caltech announced negative results. At a May 1st 1989 APS meeting in Baltimore, two thousand physicists gave a standing ovation to the Caltech team’s presentation. A lynch mob mentality, combined with denial, turned the exciting discovery of cold fusion into an enemy.

MIT helped set the tone by arranging a front page story in the Boston Herald on the day of the meeting with the headline, “MIT bombshell knocks fusion “breakthrough” cold.” The story was an interview with leaders of the MIT fusion lab that accused Fleischmann and Pons of fraud. The charge was later denied but tapes of the actual interview confirm what was said.

MIT further disgraced itself by altering data in its failure to replicate study. This was discovered two years later by MIT employee Eugene Mallove, who found copies of the July 10 and July 13 drafts of the paper. The July 10th version had a graph that clearly showed excess heat. In the July 13 version the graph was redrawn to show no excess heat. The atmosphere at MIT, as shown by a “Wake for Cold Fusion” party (before the data was analyzed) and t-shirts and mugs offered by the plasma fusion lab, was hardly impartial.

To this day, denial reigns among most of the guilty parties of this travesty. The Department of Energy, Nature magazine, Scientific American, the American Physical Society, the U.S. Patent Office and many of the world’s top physicists still cling irrationally to the belief that cold fusion is junk science. Of course, this is how denial works: We protect our belief system by quietly stepping around the “elephant under the rug.” As long as a majority of our group backs us up, our view of reality remains grossly distorted to preserve the group-think consensus. Global warming deniers do this every day.

The Fleischmann-Pons announcement should have been the start of a new era of cheap, clean energy that would have saved us from the financial and environmental disasters and wars caused by fossil fuel energy. Instead, denial and dirty tricks caused us to waste 23 years and tens of billions of dollars on failed nuclear projects as though nothing had happened. The Presidents 2012 budget includes $2.5 billion for such projects. The first DEMO hot fusion plant is currently scheduled for 2033.

A surprising natural process was discovered in 1989 that can provide us with clean, essentially free energy. It clearly conflicts with the current consensus understanding of quantum mechanics that works nicely for hot fusion reactions. It seems reasonable to try to improve the theory to accommodate this new reality, but denial has instead tricked many good scientists to try to “shoot the messenger.”

The time has come to admit the mistake and get busy trying to improve our understanding so that we can perfect this amazing new technology. We have spent $20 billion and 55 years trying to reach break-even with hot fusion. Time to give cold fusion a chance.

There have been many painful scientific battles in the past over paradigm changes, but truth has a way of prevailing eventually. Cold fusion work has continued under the radar using the more accurate term “Low Energy Nuclear Reactions” (LENR.) Shunned by the establishment, supporters of LENR have created their own journals and meetings. Much progress has been made.

The reasons for the initial difficulty in replication of excess heat have been identified and the amount of excess heat has increased. By 1995 there were 21 published replications showing excess heat of up to 205 watts. Strangely, the press lost interest after the initial media circus. The media’s face-saving denial has left most people with the impression that cold fusion is still dead. In 2009, 60 Minutes broke the silence and did an excellent update. But the rest of the media simply ignored it and focused instead on less risky reports on newsworthy items like rising gasoline prices.

Annual conferences have continued. A weeklong working demo of LENR was included at the tenth ICCF conference, which was held in 2003 at MIT. The power output was 2.3 times the power in. The most recent meeting was held in San Francisco in 2011 under the auspices of the American Chemical Society. The number of presenters at this meeting have quadrupled since 2007. The results this year were so enthusiastic that the American Institute of Physics refused to publish the 370 page proceedings. The cancellation of the publication contract was a last minute decision, clearly ordered by someone at a high level. This attempted blackout of a new technology will backfire in the long run as results get stronger and stronger.

By using nickel and ordinary hydrogen, several researchers have significantly increased energy output and reduced costs. In 1992, Thermacore, a U.S. military contractor ran a cell for nearly a year with a 50 Watt output and 3X excess energy. In 1996 Dr. Sergio Focardi of the University of Bologna in Italy described an experiment using nickel & hydrogen that produced an average excess power output of 39 watts continuously for 278 days. There are a dozen competing theories to explain how nuclear reactions can produce so much energy without emitting dangerous radiation. Theories are helpful but not necessary. We still don’t really know how permanent magnets work, yet we use them every day. Practical applications can be developed experimentally, just as Edison developed the light bulb.

Now that Rossi and Focardi have shown what can be done, expect to see a flurry of new announcements. New technologies tend to take forever to totally debug, so it won’t be surprising if the October delivery is delayed. There are several other companies such as Lattice Energy LLC, Blacklight Power, Brillouin Energy, and Energetics, who have announced product plans to the press and then gone silent.

Silence is not necessarily a bad sign, as the Bloom Box demonstrated. My bet is that we will have some amazing surprises within a year that will be a wake-up call, just as Russia’s Sputnik launch was in 1954. This moment could have come ten years ago if only we had listened to Fleishman and Pons in 1989.
item8

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://coldfusionnow.wordpress.com/2011/05/07/cold-fusion-economy-supp orted-by-greek-government/

Quote:
Cold fusion economy supported by Greek government.
May 7, 2011, by rubycarat

There is a category of inventions called disruptive technology. Funding streams allotted to this sector award designers who innovate based on radical departures from incremental change. A cursory search of disruptive technology will yield many examples, most of which are IT-oriented, such as breakthroughs in social networking, cloud computing, and cyber security.

You will find little to no mention of the most disruptive technology of all, cold fusion, even as the first commercial device is poised to be installed later this year. Defkalion Green Technologies based in Athens, Greece holds the world rights, excepting the Americas, for Andrea A. Rossi’s Energy Catalyzer, or ECat, a new energy reactor based on cold fusion technology, which Mr. Rossi prefers to be called low-energy nuclear reactions. A factory located in Xanthi, Greece plans to use an array of smaller models of the publicly demonstrated 12 Kw ECat, linked together, to generate 1Mw power for the purpose of manufacturing more ECats.

Cautious and diligent, Steven B. Krivit of New Energy Times published on his blog the possible board of directors for Defkalion as:

- Sortikos George, businessman, born 1942, President
- George Xanthoulis, student, son of Alexandros Xanthoulis, born 1987, Vice President
- Aurel Christian David, Managing Director, born 1969
- Christos Stremmenos, University Professor, born 1932
- PRAXEN L.T.D., Company based in Cyprous, will be represented by Alexandros Xanthoulis, born 1954
- John Chadjichristos, business consultant, member of the board, born 1958
- Andreas Meidanis, industrialist, member of the board, born 1953
- Muafak Sauachni, medical doctor, (Israeli), member, born 1961
- Andreas Drugas, business consultant, born 1945

Member Christos Stremmenos is a University of Bologna professor who was interviewed recently on Radio Città del Capo in Bologna, Italy about the ECat technology. Portions of the interview have been translated from Italian by Alex Passi in a piece on the website 22passi.blogspot.com entitled Stremmenos: “cold fusion will solve many problems of humanity”. [1]

In the interview, Professor Stremmenos mentions “his mediation with the Greek government to make an industrial plant possible. For this purpose, Defkalion Green Technology was formed, a business venture of which he is vice-chairman — on “honorary terms”, he says.”

When asked about the role of the Greek government in the formation of Defkalion and the initiation of the factory in Greece, Professor Stremmenos replied with some background:

When I retired, I wanted to set up my own lab and quietly continue my research. But I did inform George Papandreou, the current Prime Minister, who at the time was President of PASOK. In the Convention which elected him, there were these commissions working on various aspects of the Greek economy. These were supposed to lay down the most favoured Party’s platform for government. So I told him, “George, look” — I explained — “I’m still working on this”. So at the Convention he says: “You know, I believe in this thing too, but who knows when it will come about” “I don’t know”, I said, “ truth and fate we haven’t got, but we must support and pursue this line”.

When the recent breakthrough in energy production came with Mr. Rossi’s catalyst, Professor Stremmenos says he wrote to Mr. Rossi “I’d like to follow this thing up in Greece too, because right now there are serious economic problems in my country”. Later, he states,

In short, considering the climate, the mindset of the present government in Greece …let me tell you, even the opposition has now asked to be informed on this issue, too. Therefore in Greece this matter is treated without prejudice, no one is uncommitted. Here, Rossi is right, there is not much one can do about it…

Whatever the veracity of the report by Der Speigel Online that Greece would like to “exit’ from the Euro Zone, if a factory in Greece has the rights to manufacture the biggest breakthrough energy technology since the burning of wood, and the government has confidence that it’s ready to be commercialized, these events would influence any decision to leave the Euro behind, and speculate on perhaps creating their own currency backed by profits of ECat manufacturing and licensing, estimated in the hundreds of trillions of dollars? [5]

Separated from the European Central Bank, the people of Greece could be able to keep this wealth derived from energy, close to its shores. Where over two-thousand years ago, the roots of modern science, math, and democracy first emerged, we may now see a next-generation energy technology that will extend globally, for the first time in history, the opportunity for all humans to be equally self-sufficient.

The reality is that once the technology is spread, the opportunity for a change in living arrangements will be immediate, and a boon to the entire planet. New and better devices will be developed with applications we cannot think of today; an entirely new service environment with new roles for humans to play.

In a Wall Street Journal update after the secret meeting held last night in Luxembourg, Finance Minister George Papaconstantinou has refuted the notion that Greece will leave the Euro Zone, and there are other points to factor in. But as Greece roils from a year of financial crises that continues to bring its people into the streets protesting, the European Union won’t let Greece go easily, as revealed in the dire predictions for its economy should Greece ever depart.
One clothed, and two naked, Energy Catalyzers.

It may look like an old bathroom pipe, but this invention defines disruptive technology. Photo: Mats Lewan NY Teknik

As this technology emerges into the public awareness, “there will be a stampede” for cheap, clean, energy generated by the hydrogen in water. Our current global industries of oil, gas, and coal will be obsolesced by a small, portable, self-contained energy reactor that can supply all personal energy needs for about a quarter to a third of current prices, and eventually, even cheaper.

The dollar, once “as good as gold”, became a petro-dollar linked with the currency of oil and as cold fusion technology permeates society, the dollar will not retain its status as the world’s reserve currency. Corporations, and all levels of government that exist for these non-entities, will see profits landslide. Cold fusion, and all new energy technologies, challenge the power that existing networks of money and hydrocarbons have, and after reigning for a hundred years, it won’t go down easy.

The public must be prepared to defend this ultra-clean energy technology. Be prepared for the assault by the diehards on this the most disruptive of technologies.

Challenge energy policies that do not include cold fusion relentlessly.

Support young, independent new-energy companies designing next-generation technologies.

Defend your right to clean energy.

And begin transitioning to the next phase in human existence.

Cold Fusion Now!
item8

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://beforeitsnews.com/story/643/540/Cold_Fusion_E-Tiger_Coming_to_A merica.html

Quote:
Cold Fusion E-Tiger Coming to America

18 May 2011 05:50:06

My associate, Hank Mills, composed this for PESN.

An American company named Ampenergo has made a deal with Andrea Rossi to market his Energy Catalyzer (E-Cat) technology in the Americas. Ampenergo, which has ties to people in the U.S. DOD and DOE, will share royalties with Rossi, and are in the middle of talks with multiple potential customers.

The saga of Andrea Rossi's cold fusion technology (called the Energy Catalyzer or E-Cat) continues to accelerate. His game changing technology consumes tiny quantities of nickel and hydrogen to produce huge quantities of clean, safe, and cheap energy. Unlike conventional fission based nuclear power, no radioactive materials are used and no nuclear waste is produced. Multiple companies are now positioning themselves to market the E-Cat, both in Europe and the Americas. One of these companies is Defkalion Green Technologies which is based in Greece. Another is company is Ampenergo, which is located in the United States.

Defkalion Green Technologies has acquired a license to manufacture, distribute, and market the E-Cat in all areas of the world except the Americas. It has recently been announced that another company named Ampenergo, has made a deal with Andrea Rossi (through his company Leonardo Corporation) to market and develop the technology in North and South America. Ampenergo has paid Andrea Rossi for these rights (an undisclosed amount), and in return they will receive a share of all royalties from the sale of E-Cat licenses and products in the Americas.

In this latest deal, there seems to be three companies involved. First, there is Leonardo Technologies Inc. (LTI) of Bedford New Hampshire, that was co-founded by Rossi. He sold his interest in the company over ten years ago, and has apparently used the proceeds to develop his cold fusion technology. It appears he has stayed in contact with the company since that time, and has worked with them to develop the technology. After selling his stake in LTI, Rossi started his own company named, "Leonardo Corporation." This company has a manufacturing plant in Miami, Florida that is producing the E-Cat modules. In 2009, LTI branched off to create Ampenergo which is located in the USA as well.

Ampenergo was founded by Karl Norwood, Richard Noceti, Robert Gentile and Craig Cassarino. It is important to note that Robert Gentile was the Assistant Secretary of Energy for Fossil Energy at the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) during the early 1990's. This helps confirm Rossi's claim that tests of the E-Cat have been observed by the U.S. Department of Defense and the DOE. It is very likely that at least certain individuals in the DOD and DOE are aware and interested in the Energy Catalyzer. However, their silence is deafening.

It is unknown if any military or secret government research is taking place, but there are unsubstantiated rumors floating around the internet of the US Navy using a nickel-hydrogen cold fusion reactor to power a submarine. Although the rumor is not likely to be true, if they have known about the technology for a couple of years, it is possible testing is taking place. Trillions of dollars go missing from the DOD budget on a regular basis, and the money is obviously being spent on something.

Interview with NyTeknik

In an interview with the Swedish website NyTeknik, Craig Cassarino of Ampenergo disclosed several interesting tidbits of information about the deal, his company, and their plans for the technology. Importantly, it is clear that Ampenergo is very impressed with Rossi's technology. Craig claims that his company witnessed three demonstrations in the USA, and at least one in Bologna, Italy. They do not fully understand the exact reactions taking place, but are certain that the E-Cat technology works.

Craig also claims they are in talks with multiple companies in North and South America. Some companies are very skeptical about the technology, but others are more open. The companies they are talking with have many potential applications for the technology. One company they contacted considers the technology as a high power density fuel. This would be correct, because the reaction chamber for a 2.5 kW output is about the size of an adult fist, and with this technology one hundred grams of nickel powder can replace many barrels of oil. In addition, the fuel would be very cheap. Andrea Rossi has recently stated that a recharge that would power a unit for six months would only cost approximately $100 dollars. To produce the same amount of energy from oil would cost thousands of dollars. Most likely, the cost for the fuel would eventually be much lower than $100 dollars for 100 grams (the quantity that can power a reactor for six months). The $100 dollar figure probably does not factor in cost savings that would take place when mass production of the powder starts, and of course the company would be making a profit off the powder.

During the interview, space travel is mentioned as a potential application of the technology. We know that NASA is among those showing interesting the E-Cat. My hope is that the energy produced by the E-Cat would not be used to power a nuclear rocket, but to power something truly exotic. For example, could the E-Cat produce enough electricity to power an electrogravitic craft such as those suggested by Townsend Brown?

It seems that the race is on to commercialize the E-Cat. Defkalion and Ampenergo seem to be leading the way. Of course most of the dumbstream media is remaining silent of this race towards the commercialization of cold fusion technology. As of right now, the best sources for news and information are from alternative news sites such as PESN. I expect this to be the case even after CBS, FOX, ABC, NBC, and MSNBC start covering the technology. By staying alert and keeping an open mind, we have a huge head start!

More Info from Rossi's Blog

Andrea Rossi frequently posts responses to questions on his blog at the Journal of Nuclear Physics. He has been revealing many interesting tidbits of information. However, he still declines to disclose information about the catalyst used.

One piece of information he has revealed is that all 330 E-Cat modules for the one megawatt plant in Xanthi, Greece have been manufactured and are being tested. In previous posts, he indicated that testing consists of modules being in continuous operation. Basically, this means that the one megawatt plant is running right now, but just not in Greece yet. Also, the enclosure for the one megawatt plant is being designed. It is relatively small, being only 3 x 3 x 2 meters and weighing only 2 tons.

A few additional bits of information from his blog...

* Rossi has began using the term "new fire" to describe his technology.

* An E-Cat can be throttled down to a lower power level in approximately one minute.

* He is using the term E-Tiger to describe the one megawatt plant.

* He has stated that it is possible a one megawatt plant will be opened in the USA by November.

* In private testing, the temperature inside of the reactor can reach 1,600 C which is hot enough to melt the nickel powder (probably not desirable).

* E-Cats will be sold to the public by the end of this year.

More Test Results on the Way

It has been rumored on the Vortex L discussion list (one of the best sources for cold fusion information on the web) that the University of Bologna is about to disclose additional test results from the E-Cat. As we have mentioned here at PESN, the University of Bologna is in the middle of a one year research program on the technology. Most likely, the data they release will be from extended tests of E-Cat units. Already, all chemical energy sources have been ruled out, and nuclear energy is the only possible source of the excess heat. For example, one test had an E-Cat running for 18 hours producing a constant output of around 15 kilowatts with an average input of only 80 watts. Maybe they have had a similar test running for weeks or months!

Another rumor on Vortex-L indicates that the Swedish scientists (one of which was the former president of the Swedish Skeptics Society) who tested the E-Cat earlier in the year, have submitted a paper about an additional test of the E-Cat to a peer reviewed journal. Apparently, they are waiting on it to be published before sharing the results of that test.

Rossi has also stated that the University of Uppsala in Sweden will receive an E-Cat unit for testing. It will be interesting to see what results they get from the E-Cat. Every test of the E-Cat so far has been a success, so there is little reason to think their testing will yield different results.

Catalyst Patent Application

Andrea Rossi's technology produces huge amounts of energy due to an undisclosed catalyst that is composed of two elements that are not radioactive and are not precious metals. He has filed a patent application covering this catalyst. Although a patent covering his reactor design has been published (and granted in Italy), it does not disclose the catalyst. It has been speculated that the patent application for the catalyst is about to be published. This may or may not be the case, because there are ways to prevent a patent application being published before the patent is granted. For example, making many changes to the patent application delays it being published. No one knows if Rossi is taking such steps to prevent his secret from being revealed.

If the catalyst is revealed, it would allow replicators to test the technology themselves. Although individuals would not be able to sell units for a profit, I do not see anything stopping individuals from building units for home use. Although this might be dangerous due to the small amount of gamma rays produced by the device (that can be shielded with 2cm of lead and a layer of boron) and nano-nickel powder being slightly toxic, the technology is so simple, I doubt anyone could prevent such replication attempts from being made.

The saga of the Energy Catalyzer continues to accelerate. The end of this year could be very exciting.

As more information about this ongoing saga is obtained, it will be reported on here at PESN. We have also registered the domain name RossiColdFusion.com to forward to our feature page at PESWiki, and we have a news page dedicated to the coverage of this topic. Remember that PESWiki is publicly editable, so if you know of significant coverage we've not included, you are free to add a link to it. Our Help page gives instructions for those not familiar with wiki syntax.
item8

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://pesn.com/2011/05/31/9501837_Cold-Fusion_Number-1_Claims_NASA_Ch ief/

Quote:
Cold Fusion #1 Claims NASA Chief

A Chief NASA scientist, Dennis Bushnell has came out in support of Andrea Rossi's E-Cat technology, but denies any type of nuclear fusion is taking place, saying it is probably beta decay per the Widom Larson Theory. Repackaging the terminology to avoid embarrassment will not erase over twenty years of suppression and the reality of cold fusion!

Dennis Bushnell; Source: NASA

by Hank Mills

Dennis Bushnell is a Chief scientist at NASA Langley Research Center in Hampton, Virginia. He is also an inventor, author, and has been a consultant to countless government and military agencies. A few of these include the DOD, Air Force, DARPA, and the NRC. To read a more complete summary of his background, a good review can be found here. Recently, he was interviewed during an EV World podcast.

During the show, he addressed what he called "Low Energy Nuclear Reactions" as being the most interesting and promising alternative energy technology being developed. In fact, it was first on his list, ahead of salt water agriculture, cyanobacteria, energy conservation, geothermal power, nano-plastic solar panels, solar thermal concentrators, and high altitude wind power.

"The most interesting and promising [technology sector] at this point ... [is] low energy nuclear reactions."

Bushnell went on to say that LENR technology could potentially solve all of our energy and climate problems. He stated the technology could be used for any application, including to power rockets for space travel. It is quite refreshing to hear such positive statements, in support of cold fusion, from a mainstream, credible, and respected scientist!

Actually, I cannot think of any other scientist off the top of my head, that I would have rather made a statement in support of LENR (cold fusion). His extensive scientific background, career history, and status as a Chief NASA scientist make his supportive statements very significant. Hopefully, they will inspire other scientists to take LENR research seriously! I would like to hear a naysayer like Bob Park (who has attacked cold fusion researchers for 20 years) try to criticize him for his comments.

During the interview, Bushnell specifically mentioned Andrea Rossi's E-Cat (Energy Catalyzer) technology, and seemed very supportive of it. He reviewed the tests that have been performed and the large amount of excess heat produced. At one point he made a remark scientists across the world should notice...

"I think we are almost over the "we do not understand it" problem. I think we are almost over the "this does not produce anything useful" problem. I think this will go forward fairly rapidly now. If it does, this is capable of, by itself, completely changing geo-economics, geo-politics, and solving climate issues."

Despite his positive statements about LENR, he also made a few statements that indicate his lack of ability to admit that nuclear fusion at low temperatures could be a reality. He stated that all of the so called, "cold fusion" experiments performed over the last twenty years did not produce fusion reactions. His position is that they produced energy via a process called "Widom Larsen" theory, that does not involve fusion at all, but only "beta decay."

They Dare Not Call It Fusion

Fusion is the process in which two atoms collide, merge or "fuse" together, and form another element. During the process, a large amount of energy is released. The problem is that achieving fusion can be difficult, due to electrostatic repulsion. This electrostatic wall that prevents fusion reactions is called the, "Coulomb Barrier." The star in the center of our solar system produces fusion reactions by using millions of degrees of heat. With enough heat, the atoms are smashing into each other with so much force the Coulomb Barrier can be broken. This is what mainstream scientists call "hot fusion."

Cold Fusion, is a phenomenon in which atoms can fuse together and release energy at much lower temperatures. Instead of millions of degrees, the reactions can take place at temperatures as low as a few hundred of degrees. Somehow, in cold fusion setups such as those of Andrea Rossi's, the Coulomb Barrier is apparently somehow being penetrated. There are many ideas and theories about the possible mechanisms that allows this barrier to be broken, allowing fusion reactions happen at such low energy levels.

Many of the theories have similar themes. Quite a few involve a proton from a hydrogen atom being made "invisible", being shielded, or made electrostatically neutral by an electron. In other theories, hydrogen atoms are shrunken and turned into mini-atoms or "virtual neutrons." Basically, in these theories the protons and their electrons (in some kind of altered form) do not experience the full repulsion of the Coulomb barrier, or are able to quantum tunnel through it. After they penetrate the barrier, a transmutation occurs in the metal (the atom gains a proton) and a large amount of energy is released. The end result is nuclear fusion at low temperatures.

The "Widom Larsen" theory is just another variation of the above. In the theory, an exotic type electron called a "heavy surface plasmon polariton" combines with a proton to form an, "ultra low momentum neutron." This neutron can then penetrate the Coulomb barrier of an atom of nickel (or other metal) to produce transmutations and release energy. Its proponents claim that this theory does not violate any "laws" of physics, and is not nuclear fusion.

However, I propose that "Widom Larsen" is a form of nuclear fusion, just like the other theories. The only difference is that it uses a few more fancy names for exotic sub atomic particles. Just like many of the other theories, the following set of events take place according to "Widom Larsen" theory.

- A shrunken or mini-hydrogen atom, virtual neutron, or a proton shielded by an electron sneak past the Coulomb barrier of another atom.

- A transmutation into a heavier element can take place.

- A large release of energy takes place.

Article continues at above link
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Other Controversies All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: