FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The fight for 'net neutrality'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Recommended reading, listening & viewing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alwun
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: The fight for 'net neutrality' Reply with quote

ISPs are conspiring as we speak to switch en mass overnight to funded page views round about 4 years from now.

Link

Al..
acrobat74
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got in touch with this crew (AtheneWins) to ask if they had any evidence to support their claims other than their allegation that insiders talked to them because they're known activists.

Here's what I got in response:

AtheneWins wrote:

As for proof regarding the 2012 issue, we will talk more about that this Sunday (June 8th).

AtheneWins wrote:

Okay, how about a cover story article in Time Magazine with official confirmation from two ISP's...

The bar is set quite high, let's first see what they'll deliver to support their claims.

www.moneyasdebt.net
http://www.positivemoney.org.uk/
alwun
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: well done Reply with quote

Well done. I just took it on face value. Sounded perfectly plausible to the point of being an obvious move. Are these Athene people otherwise gamers?
I don't see a site for them beyond a facebook entry

cheers Al..
Reflecter
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst I dislike the 2012 tag on this issue, its certainly been fought over for some time in Canada and the US. I believe a few videos of the FCC discussions of this used to exist on google etc. Colon Bowels son Michael had some detrimental input on it all if memory serves, though that maybe over the issue of the mega media corps snapping up too much content and destroying competition rather than net neutrality. Which was next on the list perhaps.

Here Moby is championing the issue in this rather painfull video

Link

A youtubers comment near the top of the video you linked mentions this Bill of Bush's (NATIONAL SECURITY

PRESIDENTIAL DIRECTIVE/NSPD 51) http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/05/20070509-12.html
that maybe used for such a takeover, sections C n E.

Quote:
(11) Continuity requirements for the Executive Office of the President (EOP) and executive departments and agencies shall include the following:

(a) The continuation of the performance of PMEFs during any emergency must be for a period up to 30 days or until normal operations can be resumed, and the capability to be fully operational at alternate sites as soon as possible after the occurrence of an emergency, but not later than 12 hours after COOP activation;

(b) Succession orders and pre-planned devolution of authorities that ensure the emergency delegation of authority must be planned and documented in advance in accordance with applicable law;

(c) Vital resources, facilities, and records must be safeguarded, and official access to them must be provided;

(d) Provision must be made for the acquisition of the resources necessary for continuity operations on an emergency basis;

(e) Provision must be made for the availability and redundancy of critical communications capabilities at alternate sites in order to support connectivity between and among key government leadership, internal elements, other executive departments and agencies, critical partners, and the public;

I believe (though not on this evidence) this is firmly a game plan to replace the net as it currently stands, stamp out alternative views, bloggers, small sites and forums with a corporate makeover of gov approved content only. I just doubt the timing as it seems yet another 2012 theory. It will happen though without a huge public fight to stop it but most people just want to shop, lose themselves in a false game world or look up celebrity skirts so frankly I don’t see the fight amounting to much.

Cheers for the video though and good job on confronting them. They just seem like concerned people over the potential internet loss rather than scammers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Recommended reading, listening & viewing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: