FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Covert $400M subversion op in Iran

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IanFantom
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Covert $400M subversion op in Iran Reply with quote

Provoking Iran into war: Seymour Hersh on CNN say $400M was set aside for covert operations within Iran. Since 9/11 the President no longer has to tell Congress of such operations. Video of interview.

"We have special operations people - they're great people - they're very loyal soldiers, doing what they're told, going around killing people around the world, without ambassadors knowing, without the CA[?] chiefs knowing and without Congress knowing it. If that doesn't sound like - you know, with this President - if that doesn't make people nervous, I don't know what ... what would would would would - I can just tell you."

http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/358.html

Quote:
Stumbling towards disaster - again
Bush asked for - and received - $400,000,000 to conduct covert military operation against Iran.

A quote from the recent Sy Hersch article in the New Yorker

"Operations outside the knowledge and control of commanders have eroded “the coherence of military strategy,” one general says."

Further, it seems the only people in the government (or military) who favor an attack on Iran are Bush and Cheney:

"A Democratic senator told me that, late last year, in an off-the-record lunch meeting, Secretary of Defense Gates met with the Democratic caucus in the Senate. (Such meetings are held regularly.) Gates warned of the consequences if the Bush Administration staged a preëmptive strike on Iran, saying, as the senator recalled, “We’ll create generations of jihadists, and our grandchildren will be battling our enemies here in America.” Gates’s comments stunned the Democrats at the lunch, and another senator asked whether Gates was speaking for Bush and Vice-President Dick Cheney. Gates’s answer, the senator told me, was “Let’s just say that I’m here speaking for myself.” (A spokesman for Gates confirmed that he discussed the consequences of a strike at the meeting, but would not address what he said, other than to dispute the senator’s characterization.)

The Joint Chiefs of Staff, whose chairman is Admiral Mike Mullen, were “pushing back very hard” against White House pressure to undertake a military strike against Iran, the person familiar with the Finding told me. Similarly, a Pentagon consultant who is involved in the war on terror said that “at least ten senior flag and general officers, including combatant commanders”—the four-star officers who direct military operations around the world—“have weighed in on that issue.”

Regards,

Ian.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: