FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Joshua Frank - 911 fabricator?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rowan Berkeley
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Joshua Frank - 911 fabricator? Reply with quote

http://www.dissidentvoice.org/2008/12/breaking-the-stanglehold-on-midd le-east-news-coverage/

Breaking the Stranglehold on Middle East News Coverage?
An interview with Press TV correspondent Afshin Rattansi
by Joshua Frank / December 9th, 2008

Afshin Rattansi has for more than a decade worked in broadcast and print media around the world. In the UK, he has worked at The Guardian, the New Statesman, for every regional and national outlet of the BBC. In 1999, he helped to launch the developing world’s first global financial news and current affairs channel. He is currently a news anchor for Press TV. Rattansi has written six novels including The Dream of the Decade - The London Novels. He recently spoke with Joshua Frank about Press TV.

[...]

Rattansi: Blair’s people unleashed an onslaught that led to the resignations of all the most senior staff at the BBC. I left for the Jazeera Arabic programme, Top Secret, which identified the 911 attackers when Osama bin Laden himself contacted the programme to name the perpetrators. They would be caught even as we ran the trailers.

[...]

Rowan Berkeley said on December 10th, 2008 at 10:40am
Joshua, would you explain this, please?
Quote:
I left for the Jazeera Arabic programme, Top Secret, which identified the 911 attackers when Osama bin Laden himself contacted the programme to name the perpetrators. They would be caught even as we ran the trailers.

Rowan Berkeley said on December 12th, 2008 at 9:10am
I mean, surely, a basic part of interviewing someone is ensuring that what they say is comprehensible, is it not?

Rowan Berkeley said on December 12th, 2008 at 10:51pm
Ok, then, I shall take it that you neither know nor care WTF he was talking about. Way to go, Josh.

Joshua Frank said on December 12th, 2008 at 11:11pm
Rowan, I think Afshin explains it rather well. As the al Qaeda 9/11 suspects were being caught, their identities were being broadcast on his show Top Secret. Bin Laden had contacted the program and they had broken the story well before any other news outlets.

Rowan Berkeley said on December 13th, 2008 at 6:41am
Show me some corroboration for that bs tale.

Rowan Berkeley said on December 13th, 2008 at 6:56am
This is the obvious place to start, but I can tell you now : there is no report anywhere except in the mind of this interviewee of yours to the effect that “Osama bin Laden himself contacted the programme to name the perpetrators.” The statement by your interviewee following makes no sense, as I keep trying to tell you : “They would be caught even as we ran the trailers.” Who is that supposed to be referring to? The supposed perpetrators, having engaged in a rather definitive form of suicide bombing, were obviously DEAD.
http://www.historycommons.org/context.jsp?item=a102001instigated#a1020 01instigated

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: