FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Planned Obsalescence - junk products

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Other Controversies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dewstru
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Planned Obsalescence - junk products Reply with quote

So many products we buy, necessities or luxuries fall to bits soon after ,and many times before, their guarantee runs out. Capitalism has an interest in this of course, there's no luverly profit in decent, useful products built to last a lifetime or longer. Why don't so called green activists (like the CATS centre in north wales) promote more research into this obvious sustainability basic tenet?
dewstru
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This, like most my posts, seems to have really grabbed everyone's imagination, so I thought I'd bump it and add ...wouldn't it be a 'green' policy for the government to extend the statutory replacement guarantee period for products to 2 or 3 years? any thoughts?
Disco_Destroyer
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Story_of_Stuff

http://www.storyofstuff.com/

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
dewstru
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for that 'Disco_Destroyer' excellent! and thank you for once again correcting my input Anthony, I am breathing correctly aren't I, no too shill-like? Wink
SHERITON HOTEL
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disco_Destroyer's link is just common sense, if you're not doing the right thing you're doing the wrong thing. The human animal act like sheep, if everyone is jumping off a cliff and one individual suggests 'er, this may not be such a good idea chaps' he gets branded a looney! We're all doomed!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Other Controversies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: