FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reflections On The Israeli Holocaust In Gaza
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Bigger Picture
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Disco_Destroyer
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

US ‘collective punishment’ strips Palestine of $200 million
permalink email story to a friend print version
Published: 02 October, 2011, 14:44
https://www.rt.com/news/usa-punishment-palestine-million-865/
Beit Hanoun (AFP Photo / Mahmud Hams)

TRENDS:
Palestinian statehood
TAGS: Breakaway regions, Conflict, UN, Middle East, USA, Israel, Finance
The US Congress has blocked almost US $200 million in aid for Palestine, in an apparent bid to make them pay for seeking UN recognition. Palestinian authorities say the move amounts to “collective punishment” of their people.
The freezing of the funding threatens numerous projects, encompassing food aid, healthcare and various efforts to build a functioning state, The Independent reports.
The decision apparently reflects anger in the US Congress over Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas’s bid for statehood and full membership of the United Nations. However, the move also runs contrary to the policy of the Obama administration which, although opposing the Palestinian pursuit of statehood, nonetheless insists that America should provide aid in order to underwrite security and to safeguard the two-state solution for Palestine and Israel.
Former US President Bill Clinton advised his country’s legislators to leave the issue to the presidential administration. "Everybody knows the US Congress is the most pro-Israel parliamentary body in the world. They don't have to demonstrate that," The Independent quoted him as saying.
The move by the US Congress was strongly condemned by the Palestinian administration. “These are mainly humanitarian and development projects. It is another kind of collective punishment which is going to harm the needs of the public without making any positive contribution," a chief spokesman for the Palestinian Authority, Ghassan Khatib, said on Friday according to the newspaper.
A senior Palestinian negotiator and member of Abbas's Fatah Party’s Central Committee, Mohamed Ishteya, told the Bethlehem-based Maan news agency that "it's unreasonable to bargain over political stances with money.
"This would put the ties between us and the United States in an embarrassing situation," he said, adding that the decision by US lawmakers will not change the position of Abbas’s administration.

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mahmoud Abbas - Exclusive Interview to RT

Link

Quote:
Uploaded by RussiaToday on 3 Oct 2011
President Mahmoud Abbas has exclusively told RT that he cannot understand why the Palestinian bid for full UN membership and peace negotiations with Israel should not happen in parallel.

UPDATE: America froze 200 million dollars as punishment for Palestine's UN statehood bid after the interview was filmed.

RT on Twitter http://twitter.com/RT_com
RT on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/RTnews

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

conspiracy analyst

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gove bans schools in Haringey going to the Palestine Literature Festival in Haringey.

Thats what you call a Democracy.....
outsider

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other Isfrael:
"You have found the place of my shame"

http://toibillboard.info/

TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaza Strip - Operation Cast Lead Aftermath : The Shurrab Family
The Palestinian Centre for Human Rights (PCHR)

Mohammed Shurrab
January 16, 2012
http://www.pchrgaza.org/portal/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=ar ticle&id=8067
[The following is narrative twenty, within a series of twenty-three narratives, to mark the third anniversary of "Operation Cast Lead." A new post will be released each day, marking the incident that happened on the same date three years ago. The narratives are developed by the Palestinian Center for Human Rights.]

16 January 2009 – The Shurrab Family

"Can I go to a court to restore my sons? No" says Mohammed. "What is the point in bringing the soldiers who killed my sons to justice when there will simply be more and more after them? When others will lose their sons as well? Soldiers commit these crimes because they know they have immunity."

On 16 January 2009, Israeli forces positioned in the al Fukhari area, south east of Khan Younis, opened fire on the vehicle of Mohammed Shurrab and his two sons Kassab, 28, and Ibrahim, 18, as they were travelling back to their home during the Israeli-declared ceasefire period. Mohammed was injured and crashed the car, his two sons were subsequently shot as they left the car. Israeli soldiers refused to allow medical access to the area, and Kassab and Ibrahim bled to death on the scene over a number of hours. There were no military operations in the area at the time.

For Mohammed Shurrab (67), life since the death of his sons has been a contact battle to fight back the memories of the day. "I try to keep busy in every moment. I read 4-5 hours every day. These books you see on my wall have all been read 2-3 times each. The rest of my time I work on my farm, tend to my crops and care for my live stock", says Mohammed, pointing to the two new born sheep that arrived only two hours beforehand. Despite his best efforts to distract himself, however, Mohammed seems resigned to a life of remembering. "Until I get buried bellow the soil I will continue to suffer, agonising over my sons."

Mohammed is adamant that he hopes that time will come sooner rather than later, "everyday I hope to join my sons. The only question is how I do so. I am a religious man and believe in God, taking my own life would be against my beliefs, but I believe it’s better for me to join my sons. I am waiting to die."

His farm, which is on the edge of the Israeli imposed buffer zone along the Gaza – Israeli border, is a hideout from the sights, sounds and issues that bring memories of his sons back to him. "I left my wife and my daughters to come here and live in peace. My wife is very sick. If she is reminded of the incident she will start to scream like she is not human, she cannot breath, she sometimes losses consciousness. I cannot bear to be around her when she is like that."

Despite his best efforts to escape, however, Mohammed is reminded by the smallest detail. "This time of year is the hardest. Everything reminds me of that day. The crisp air, the crops that grow, the dark; everything about this time of year takes me back to the incident." Much like the parents of many others who lost their lives during the Israeli onslaught, Mohammed finds it especially painful to be around those who are around the same age as his sons. "I was at the wedding of my young cousin recently. He is the same age as Ibrahim would have been if he was still alive. I couldn’t stop thinking of all the things that he could have done with his life if it wasn’t taken from him; education, marriage, children, now he can do none of this."

Muhammad has suffered both mentally and physically as a result of stress and physical injuries incurred due to the shooting. Shuffling slowly and carefully around his farm house home, his physical symptoms are obvious. "I had severe damage to my neural system as a result of the attack," says Mohammed, "my balance is now destroyed." Lifting his top to show the long scar running down his back where he had surgery to repair his injuries Muhammad says his ability to fight infection and illness has deteriorated since the attack. The stress he feels as a result of his experience has left him unable to sleep and he is forced to take sleeping pills to steal a brief 4 to 5 hours of sleep every night before waking very early in the morning.

Soon, Mohammed’s remaining sons and daughters will be fully educated and independent. Mohammed says when that time comes his work is done and there is nothing left keeping him from the afterlife. "The moment my children say we need for nothing, that’s it, I have done everything I am responsible for, I can go," says Mohammed. "The good times have gone, they will not be back. I hope for nothing". When asked what his greatest fear for the future is, Mohammed replies; "my fear is a future."

Regarding the pursuit of justice within Israeli courts Mohammed is scornful. "Absolutely not; the soldier who killed my sons did not act in a vacuum. He had permission from his superiors. What is more their crimes are ongoing. Stories like mine are not isolated incidences." Any redress in Israeli courts, for Mohammed, were it forthcoming, would be irrelevant in any case. "Can I go to a court to restore my sons? No" says Mohammed. "What is the point in bringing the soldiers who killed my sons to justice when there will simply be more and more after them? When others will lose their sons as well? Soldiers commit these crimes because they know they have immunity."

PCHR submitted a criminal complaint to the Israeli authorities on behalf of the Shurrab family on 19 August 2009. To-date, no response has been received.

Source
http://www.pchrgaza.org/portal/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=ar ticle&id=8067:16-january-2009-the-shurrab-family-&catid=144:new-report s

The Narratives:
-15 January 2009: The al-Nadeem family
-14 January 2009 – Muhammed Mousa
-13 January 2009: Hibba al-Najjar
-12 January 2009 – The Ayad Family
-11 January 2009: The Hamouda Family
-10 January 2009: Wafa al-Radea
-9 January 2009 – The Abu Oda Family
-8 January 2009: The Al-Rahel family
-7 January 2009 – The Mattar Family
- 6 January 2009: Al-Dayah family
-5 January 2009: Amal al-Samouni
- 4 January 2009: The Abdel Dayem Family
-3 January 2009: Motee’ and Isma’il as-Selawy
- 2 January 2009: Eyad al-Astal
- 1 January 2009: The Nasla Family
- 31 December 2008: The Abu Areeda family
- 30 December 2008: The Hamdan Family
-29 December 2008: Balousha Family
- 28 December 2008: The Abu Taima family
- 27 December 2008: The Al Ashi Family.

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
After failing to anticipate Hamas's victory over Fatah in the 2006 Palestinian election, the White House cooked up yet another scandalously covert and self-defeating Middle East debacle: part Iran-contra, part Bay of Pigs. With confidential documents, corroborated by outraged former and current U.S. officials, the author reveals how President Bush, Condoleezza Rice, and Deputy National-Security Adviser Elliott Abrams backed an armed force under Fatah strongman Muhammad Dahlan, touching off a bloody civil war in Gaza and leaving Hamas stronger than ever.

http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2008/04/gaza200804

TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBC Censors Phrase 'Free Palestine'

Link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8KvGgw-c8M

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virtual Field Visit: Israel's Enforcement of the Buffer Zone in the Gaza Strip - English Version

Link

Quote:
Uploaded by Alhaqhr on 27 Sep 2011
This video combines Al-Haq's visual documentation with satellite imagery to create virtual tours of the human rights violations commited in the occupied Palestinian territory.
Each tour is designed to recreate the experience of making a field visit, providing everyone with the opportunity to see the on-the-ground reality of the occupation.

This tour shows how Israeli occupying forces often use live ammunition to enforce the buffer zone in the Gaza Strip, both on land and at sea. Since the beginning of 2010, stone-collectors have been increasingly under attack by Israeli soldiers. In 2009, Al-Haq documented seven cases of rubble collectors injured by live ammunition in the vicinity of the buffer zone, whereas this number was 10 times higher during 2010, when 68 rubble collectors, of whom 15 children, were shot. Fishermen are also targeted on a daily basis with many incidents occurring outside the buffer zone. In some cases, the Israeli occupying forces fire rockets and shoot bullets at the Palestinian boats at sea or on the shore in order to destroy them, thus preventing the fishermen from working.

- View an interactive version of this Virtual Field Visit.
http://alhaq.mits.ps/index.php/virtual-field-visits/buffer-zone

- Read Al-Haq's legal analysis of the Israel Enforcement of the Buffer Zone
http://www.alhaq.org/etemplate.php?id=598

Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't give a BEEP what the bible says, the notion that the Jewish people are Gods Chosen People has got to be the most racist and absurd thing in the world!
If it is the will of 'God' he'll have to hand it to me in person, then he better have some good answers to why this is because I'd point him out for the cheat and hypocrite he is!

http://news.uk.msn.com/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=161197140

24 April 2012 17:04 | By Phoebe Greenwood, in Tel Aviv
Shimon Peres' choice: be Machiavelli or be naïve.

Israeli President Shimon Peres has spoken of the tremendous personal sacrifices demanded by his political career, admitting that the decisions he made meant he never had a restful night.

In this world exclusive clip from The Price of Kings - the latest in a series of twelve feature-length documentary films profiling world leaders, which premiers in the UK on Thursday - the 87 year-old, referred to by many as the 'father of Israel', reveals himself to be a reluctant leader who has accepted the responsibility of power at a significant personal cost.

Describing himself as "a prisoner of circumstances", he admits, "Leadership is not a very happy engagement... What is better, to be a Machiavelli, smart and strong? Or to be naiive? I didn't go to sleep easily - never."

Win tickets to Thursday's UK premiere
Read more about the film
Special offer: save £10 on the first two films of the series
MSN was the first media outlet to be given access to the controversial film, which presents a candid and emotional glimpse into the life of the statesman.

Twice prime minister of Israel, Peres boasts a political career older than the Jewish state itself, spanning more than 66 years and launched with high ranking military and diplomatic role in Israel's War of Independence. He was first elected to the Knesset in 1959 and has served in leadership positions continuously since, representing a total of five different political parties.

Perhaps his most notable, and contentious, political triumph was as architect of the Oslo Accords - an historic peace deal stuck with the Palestinians in 1994, which earned him both the Nobel Peace Prize and the hatred of many nationalistic Israelis, who claim Peres' sacrifice of Israeli claims to land in the West Bank was an act of supreme betrayal.

The Oslo peace process, driven by Peres and overseen by prime minister Yitzhak Rabin, was the first time Palestinians and Israelis had met for formal negotiations. They resulted in Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat denouncing terrorism, recognising the Jewish state of Israel and accepting a claim to 24% rather than 48% of the traditional lands of Palestine.

Shimon Peres: The Price of Kings
One of the many Israeli extremists who were outraged by Oslo assassinated Rabin during a peace rally in November 1995. The tragedy propelled Peres back into the role of prime minister as Israel was hit by a campaign of bloody suicide bombings, for which many Israelis held him personally responsible.

"People started to shout at me, 'killer, murderer, look what you did to us!'... I stood stunned What could I say?... My heart was broken but that was not a reason to change my mind about peace with the Arabs... I felt more obliged," Peres explains, demonstrating a characteristic prioritisation of public duty over personal cost.

The film also dwells on the damage that political responsibility has wrought on the president's family life, in particular on his late wife, Sonia - "the great love of my life". Sonia Peres opposed her husband's decision to accept the presidency in 2007 and refused to move with him to the presidential residence. She died in January last year.

In an emotional interview, his grand-daughter Mika reveals that she and her family struggled to accept that for her grandfather, Israel was always the priority. "We know we don't come first," she says. "As a teenager I felt angry about this. It's not easy to accept.".

Richard Symons, the British film-maker who was granted unprecedented access to the Israeli president said him a conflicted man: " He was ready to reveal what it's like to send men to die, sacrifice family for country, compromise your conscience - basically take the most difficult decisions a man can take and then live with the consequences.

"He has overseen the building of this country and is now in a position where the peace process is not moving forward and he [as president] cannot legally criticise the government. We got the impression he felt handcuffed."

Despite acknowledging candidly the many frustrations and shortcomings of his political and personal life, Peres maintains a philosophical acceptance. "I think I did my duty, occasionally mistakenly but always in good faith and with a sense of obligation," he says.

outsider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Norman Finkelstein: “If You Had Any Heart in You, You’d be Crying for the Palestinians”

http://hotterthanapileofcurry.wordpress.com/2010/01/26/dr-norman-finke lstein-if-you-had-any-heart-in-you-youd-be-crying-for-the-palestinians  /

outsider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thejc.com/news/israel-news/76059/haifa-court-rules-against- corrie-family

'The Haifa court was hearing a claim of negligence against Israel's Ministry of Defence brought by the Corrie family.

But Judge Oded Gershon ruled that the 23-year-old's death was a "regrettable accident", and said that the state was not responsible for any "damages caused" as they had occurred during "war-time actions".

The judge said Ms Corrie had been protecting terrorists in a designated combat zone.

He said the bulldozer driver had not seen her, adding the soldiers had done their utmost to keep people away from the site. "She [Corrie] did not distance herself from the area, as any thinking person would have done."

The Corrie family plan to appeal to the Israeli Supreme Court.

TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Israel policies pushing Palestinians deeper into poverty: U.N.

Friday, 14 September 2012

Palestinians have recently stepped up street protests across the West Bank against the high cost of living in the aid-dependent Palestinian Authority. (Reuters)
http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/09/14/237980.html

The United Nations UNCTAD agency issued a gloomy outlook for the Palestinian economy recently, arguing that tougher Israeli policies were pushing the Palestinian Territories and Gaza deeper into poverty.

The report from the UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) said the economy has lost access to 40 per cent of West Bank land, 82 percent of its ground water, and more than two thirds of its grazing land.

Shepherds in the West Bank have lost a large portion of lands where their animals used to graze, because of the Israeli barrier.

“This barrier affected our grazing lands as we used to go behind -- in those mountains (hills) where there are good places for grazing. We used to have double and treble the number of sheep but now we can’t graze behind these mountains (hills), so we buy more food (for sheep) and it is hard to buy food because the barley is expensive,” said Abu Mohammed, a shepherd living near Bethlehem.

Towns like Bethlehem and surrounding villages in the West Bank are heavily reliant on farmland.

A study by the U.N. Office for the Co-ordination of Human Affairs (OCHA) states that 50-75 percent of agricultural land traditionally used by people of the Bethlehem municipality has been confiscated through the construction of Israel’s barrier and its settlement building.

Israel credits the barrier -- a network of fences interspersed with concrete walls, projected to be 720 km (450 miles) long when complete -- with stemming Palestinian attacks that peaked in 2002 and 2003.

The situation had been aggravated in 2011 by a sharp drop in foreign aid, which for years provided a vital support, dimming any hope for an upswing even in the longer term, UNCTAD said.

The report, for an UNCTAD meeting starting in Geneva on September 17, said the impact of the Israeli occupation since 1968 on the productive base of the Palestinian economy, and especially its once-flourishing agriculture, has been ‘devastating.’

The Palestinian agriculture minister said many sectors were badly hurting.

“All of the main agricultural sectors that were elements in the success of the Palestinian economic are targeted today by the Israelis -- such as the poultry sector and the palm sector,” said Waleed Asaf, Palestinian Minister of Agriculture.

Palestinians have recently stepped up street protests across the West Bank against the high cost of living in the aid-dependent Palestinian Authority.

“The unemployment is high now, we are talking about 25% of unemployment -- it is one of the highest in the world. The increase in the prices will reduce the benefit of the producers. Therefore, it will reduce the job opportunities,” said Basam Makhul, a Palestinian economist.

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh joy:-

Why Are You Protesting Against Israel

Link

outsider

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only just got this today, and tomorrow is the deadline!

Still, takes only a few minutes to sign this online petition to hopefully stop the EU giving yet more privilidged trade access:

Not in my name!:
http://www.change.org/petitions/the-exploitation-of-the-palestinian-pe ople-not-in-my-name-vote-no-to-the-eu-israel-acaa

outsider

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet another extremely important important piece of news (in this case a documentary) brought to our attention by 'Information Clearing House' (consider sending them a donation if you've some spare cash):

‘Tears of Gaza’

The Movie

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article29165.htm

WHERE THE HELL ARE ALL THE 'BLEEDING HEARTS' CALLING FOR 'RESPONSIBILITY TO PROTECT'??? THE SAME PLACE THEY WERE IN FALLUJAH, I SUPPOSE....

‘Tears of Gaza’ by Vibeke Lokkeberg is a documentary film that should be watched by every American, to see how Israel spends our taxes. Every European should watch it, to see the true face of Israel. It should be viewed by every Arab, to renew our resolve not to allow a racist nation to wipe Palestine and her children from the map and from history.

Posted September 20, 2011

‘Tears of Gaza’ The Movie

By Susan Abulhawa

‘Tears of Gaza’ by Vibeke Lokkeberg is a documentary film that should be watched by every American, to see how Israel spends our taxes. Every European should watch it, to see the true face of Israel. It should be viewed by every Arab, to renew our resolve not to allow a racist nation to wipe Palestine and her children from the map and from history.

I had read the stories from Gaza after Israel’s so called “operation cast lead”. I had read the reports. I thought I had cried enough then not to cry again. But this film went to my heart, stirred everything up, made the tears fall and fall and here I am now, with a hollow, spooned out hole in my gut because bombs were dropped on sleeping children, helicopters rained the death and disfigurement of white phosphorous on terrified civilians huddling at a UN school for shelter… and no one is doing anything about it.Tears of Gaza lays bare the lies, the cover ups and Richard Goldstone’s moral flip flopping. It takes you into the heart of Gaza’s tormented landscape to show the truth behind craven and mendacious headlines with words that describe Israel’s slaughter as an “incursion” or “self defense”. This film shows us these truths through the luminous spirits of children. It is not to be missed!

I first heard of “Tears of Gaza”, or “Gaza Traer” as the original Norwegian title is called, when Bernard Henri-Levi launched an attack against Lokkeberg and me in major newspapers throughout Europe. She and I were in touch after that and I was finally just able to get hold of the film to watch it. It is a monumentally important work. It is beautiful and painful and honest and devastating.

Vibeke Lokkeberg gives us the names, faces, and stories of three ordinary Gaza children with extraordinary spirits. We first fall in love with Yehya, a 12-year-old boy who wants to become a doctor so he can heal people who are shot by Israelis. We see him on a small motorboat, lost in the magic of childhood as he is taught to steer the boat. His beautiful eyes and brilliant smile during these moments make his tears all the harder to bear when he talks about his beloved father. The losses that follow in his life are incomprehensible and overwhelming merely to hear about.

Until you meet Amira, 14 years old, and walk through her world.
Amira is beautiful. It’s the kind of beauty that holds an ineffable pain not often seen in the young. Her life, too, is marred by death and destruction and disfigurement of her body by ammunition. She tells us that she wants to become a lawyer so she can take the Israelis to court for the crimes they’ve committed. Then, recalling her father and brothers, she admits wishing she had just “gone with them”.

Like Amira, Rasmia is far beyond her 11 years. Arabic speakers might detect things about her that non-Arabic speakers will not. This is largely because of the translation; and this is my only criticism of the film. When Rasmia goes into what seems like a waking trance, her mother tells us in Arabic that she is “imagining”. The translation says “memorizing”, which doesn’t make sense and it distracts from an important subtlety. Her mother explains that she sometimes just “imagines” things from the attacks. I suspect that most psychologists witnessing those scenes and hearing her mother’s explanation would agree that she was experiencing flashbacks and exhibiting clear signs of post-traumatic stress disorder.

Another example where the wrong translation obscures important nuances is when Yehya is telling us about losing his father. He is, in fact, speaking in the third person: “when someone loses their father, it’s like they’ve lost the whole world” etc. But his words are translated as if in the first person: “when my father died, it’s like I lost the whole world.” The distinction might not seem important, until you realize that he cannot get the words out without breaking down when he speaks in the first person. It’s a faint distinction, but one that makes your heart break even more.
And we should all allow our hearts be broken over Gaza. It’s the least we can do. To hear these three children and ask others to hear them is the very least we can do. Vibeke Lokkeberg has given us a monumentally important record of what happened in December 2009 to January 2010; so no one can ever say “I didn’t know”.

Lest we forget, lest our tears dry or outrage subside, and lest our hearts heal before Palestine is free, I hope this film will be shown throughout the world, across university campuses, communities, organizations and living rooms. Take this not just as a review, but a call to action.
- Susan Abulhawa is the author of Mornings in Jenin (Bloomsbury 2010) and the founder of Playgrounds for Palestine.

fish5133
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tears of Gaza’ by Vibeke Lokkeberg is a documentary film that should be watched by every American, to see how Israel spends our taxes. Every European should watch it, to see the true face of Israel. It should be viewed by every Arab, to renew our resolve not to allow a racist nation to wipe Palestine and her children from the map and from history

Trouble is they will just say its a propaganda documentary

or dumb yanks will say its revenge for 9/11

certain politics and ideology will have harden hearts that they dont give a monkeys---collateral damage for the greater NWO goal.

Appropriate comment

The blockade makes Gaza a concentration camp.
The bombing makes Gaza a death camp

outsider

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish5133 wrote:
Quote:
Tears of Gaza’ by Vibeke Lokkeberg is a documentary film that should be watched by every American, to see how Israel spends our taxes. Every European should watch it, to see the true face of Israel. It should be viewed by every Arab, to renew our resolve not to allow a racist nation to wipe Palestine and her children from the map and from history

Trouble is they will just say its a propaganda documentary

or dumb yanks will say its revenge for 9/11

certain politics and ideology will have harden hearts that they dont give a monkeys---collateral damage for the greater NWO goal.

Appropriate comment

The blockade makes Gaza a concentration camp.
The bombing makes Gaza a death camp

To the man or woman in the street, fed on MSM baloney, it will be a revelation (shades of another thread!) to see it from the victim's point of view.
It is an extremely powerful film.

outsider

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign this e-petition to try to stop a two-faced opportunistic apologist for Genocide get feted as a speaker by Australian Friends of Palestine:

Sign here: http ://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/australian-friends-of-palestine-asso ciation-do-not-have-gareth-evans-as-a-guest-speaker

Petitioning Australian Friends Of Palestine Association

Australian Friends Of Palestine Association: Do not have Gareth Evans as a guest speaker.

by Matt Buckley
Parkside, South Australia, Australia

The Australian Friends Of Palestine Association is a South Australian activist group that campaigns for the human rights of the Palestinian people.

Since 2010 one of its campaigns has been against the presence of Seacret cosmetics shops in South Australia. The reason for this is that Seacret is an Israeli company that uses minerals extracted from Palestine's portion of the Dead Sea in its products. Thus, Seacret uses the illegal Israeli occupation of the West Bank to steal Palestinian resources.
On the first of November, 2012, the Australian Friends Of Palestine Association will have its 2012 fundraising dinner. The scheduled guest speaker at the event is former Australian Foreign Minister Gareth Evans.

As Australia's Foreign Minister, Gareth Evans did the following:

- co-signed the Timor Gap Treaty with the then Indonesian Foreign Minister Ali Alatas. The Timor Gap Treaty was an agreement between Australia and Indonesia to use Indonesia's illegal, genocidal annexation of East Timor to steal East Timor's oil resources. Thus, Gareth Evans did to East Timor what Seacret does to Palestine. The two situations are identical.

- sought closer military ties between Australia and Indonesia.

- defended Indonesia's human rights record in East Timor.

- recommended Ali Alatas for the Order of Australia medal.

Gareth Evans has refused to admit that his conduct towards East Timor was in any way morally or legally wrong.

To get an understanding of the gross hypocrisy of having Gareth Evans as the guest speaker at the Australian Friends Of Palestine Association's fundraising dinner, imagine how the organisation would feel about somebody who treated Palestine the same way Gareth Evans treated East Timor. That is, how would the Australian Friends Of Palestine Association feel about somebody who supported Israel's illegal occupation of Palestine, used Israel's illegal occupation of Palestine to steal Palestinian resources, defended Israel's human rights record in Palestine, sought closer military ties between Australia and Israel, recommended Israel's Foreign Minister for the Order of Australia medal, and refused to admit any wrongdoing?

Furthermore, one of the portfolios Gareth Evans held prior to becoming Foreign Minister was Australian Minister for Resources and Energy, which he held from 1984 to 1987. In 1985 the "National Times" newspaper reported that Gareth Evans had a meeting with the then Australian Minister for Aboriginal Affairs Clyde Holding. The meeting was about the issue of Indigenous Australian land rights. At this meeting, Gareth Evans put to Clyde Holding what Evans described as "the three S's" that had to be accepted. They were that exploration and mining were not to be STOPPED on Indigenous Australian land, that explorers and mining companies were not to be STUFFED AROUND when undergoing administrative procedures for applications to explore and mine, and that mining companies were not to be SCREWED by unreasonable claims for compensation and royalties by Indigenous Australian communities.

This raises the question: How would the Australian Friends Of Palestine Association feel about somebody who treated the issue of Palestinian land rights in the same way that Gareth Evans treated the issue of Indigenous Australian land rights?

References:

http://hass.unsw.adfa.edu.au/staff/Documents/Gareth%20Evans%20and%20R2 P.pdf

http://www.alternet.org/story/154807/why_one_of_the_world%27s_leading_ peace_advocates_threatened_to_punch_me_in_the_face/?page=1

" A Secret Country" by John Pilger, pages 48-49

http://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/australian-friends-of-palestine- association-do-not-have-gareth-evans-as-a-guest-speaker

Whitehall_Bin_Men

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check this startling documentary
The probes, opened by former attorney general Bill McCollum in 2010, ended not with the swiftness of a gavel falling, but in a slow fizzle
The documentary that should make every decent Israeli ashamed
The soldiers arrive in the dead of night.They kick, they smash, they destroy. They break in, rudely awakening an entire house andits inhabitants, including children andbabies. One officer pulls out a detailed document and shouts: "This house is declared a 'closed military zone.'"He reads the order- in Hebrew and in a loud voice - to the sleep-dazed, pajama-clad family.
No mention of this in the US corporate media, of course!
http://www.haaretz.com/weekend/twilight-zone/the-documentary-that-shou ld-make-every-decent-israeli-ashamed.premium-1.468409

http://aanirfan.blogspot.com
Martin Van Creveld: Let me quote General Moshe Dayan: "Israel must be like a mad dog, too dangerous to bother."
Martin Van Creveld: I'll quote Henry Kissinger: "In campaigns like this the antiterror forces lose, because they don't win, and the rebels win by not losing."
Whitehall_Bin_Men

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another moth passes
Another disgusting act of the fascist Israeli military racists
http://m.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/israeli-army-radio-naval -vessels-make-contact-with-pro-palestinian-boat-heading-to-gaza/2012/1 0/20/968cbf44-1a99-11e2-ad4a-e5a958b60a1e_story.html

http://aanirfan.blogspot.com
Martin Van Creveld: Let me quote General Moshe Dayan: "Israel must be like a mad dog, too dangerous to bother."
Martin Van Creveld: I'll quote Henry Kissinger: "In campaigns like this the antiterror forces lose, because they don't win, and the rebels win by not losing."
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What few people see is the ideological pseudo-spiritual link with masonic & UK royal Christian Zionism
In some ways like the creation of America, Balfour gave birth to a helluva monster
UK spread Christinity round the world but behind it was a cult-rule agenda
Tony

These are true FACTS...Amazing how they get away with it.
It goes on and on and on!!!!!!!!!

Amazing what they get away with, isn't it.....

http://www.uss-liberty.com/2010/04/07/amazing-what-tel-aviv-gets-away- with/

Question: Which country alone in the Middle East has nuclear weapons?
Answer: Israel .

Question: Which country in the Middle East refuses to sign the nuclear non-proliferation treaty and bars international inspections? ?

Question: Which country in the Middle East seized the sovereign territory of other nations by military force and continues to occupy it in defiance of United Nations Security Council resolutions?

Question: Which country in the Middle East routinely violates the international borders of another sovereign state with warplanes and artillery and naval gunfire?

Question: What American ally in the Middle East has for years sent assassins into other countries to kill its political enemies (a practice sometimes called exporting terrorism)?

Question: In which country in the Middle East have high-ranking military officers admitted publicly that unarmed prisoners of war were executed?

Question: What country in the Middle East refuses to prosecute its soldiers who have acknowledged executing prisoners of war?

Question: What country in the Middle East created millions of refugees and refuses to allow them to return to their homes, farms and businesses?

Question: What country in the Middle East refuses to pay compensation to people whose land, bank accounts and businesses it confiscated?

Question: In what country in the Middle East was a high-ranking United Nations diplomat assassinated?

Question: In what country in the Middle East did the man who ordered the assassination of a high-ranking U.N. diplomat become prime minister?

Question: What country in the Middle East blew up an American diplomatic facility in Egypt and attacked a U.S. ship, the USS Liberty, in international waters, killing 34 and wounding 171 American sailors?

Question: What country in the Middle East employed a spy, Jonathan Pollard, to steal classified documents from USA and then gave some of them to the Soviet Union ?

Question: What country at first denied any official connection to Pollard, then voted to make him a citizen and has continuously demanded that the American president grant Pollard a full pardon?

Question: What Middle East country allows American Jewish murderers to flee to its country to escape punishment in the United States and refuses to extradite them once in their custody?

Question: What Middle East country preaches against hate yet builds a shrine and a memorial for a murderer who killed 29 Palestinians while they prayed in their Mosque.?

Question: What country on Planet Earth has the second most powerful lobby in the United States , according to a recent Fortune magazine survey of Washington insiders?

Question: Which country in the Middle East deliberately targeted a civilian U.N. Refugee Camp in Qana , Lebanon and killed 103 innocent men, women, and especially children?

Question: Which country in the Middle East is in defiance of 69 United Nations Security Council resolutions and has been protected from 29 more by U.S. vetoes?

Question: Which country in the Middle East receives more than one-third of all U.S. aid to the world yet is the 16th richest country in the world?

Question: Which country in the Middle East receives U.S. weapons for free and then sells the technology to the Republic of China even at the objections of the U.S. ?

Question: Which country in the Middle East routinely insults the American people by having its Prime Minister address the United States Congress and lecturing them like children on why they have no right to reduce foreign aid?

Question: Which country in the Middle East had its Prime Minister announce to his staff not to worry about what the United States says because "We control America ?"

Question: What country in the Middle East was cited by Amnesty International for demolishing more than 4000 innocent Palestinian homes as a means of ethnic cleansing?

Question: Which country in the Middle East has just recently used a weapon of mass destruction, a one-ton smart bomb, dropping it in the center of a highly populated area killing 15 civilians including 9 children?

Question: Which country in the Middle East routinely kills young Palestinian children for no reason other than throwing stones at armored vehicles, bulldozers, or tanks?

Question: Which country in the Middle East signed the Oslo Accords promising to halt any new Jewish Settlement construction, but instead, has built more than 270 new settlements since the signing?

Question: Which country in the Middle East has assassinated more than 100 political officials of its opponent in the last 2 years while killing hundreds of civilians in the process, including dozens of children?

Question: Which country in the Middle East regularly violates the Geneva Convention by imposing collective punishment on entire towns, villages, and camps, for the acts of a few, and even goes as far as demolishing entire villages while people are still in their homes?

This has got to be forwarded …THE WORLD DESERVES TO KNOW WHERE EVIL COMES FROM!!!!

--
Only fools believe what they are told, when it is clear that much else is being hidden.

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
outsider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JFK was intent on stopping Israel getting nuclear weapons (obviously one of the very many reasons he was assassinated.
Now we have 'Declassified Documents', showing that in 1964 the CIA assessed that Israeli leaders had "probably have not yet decided to develop nuclear weapons," although "strong pressures" to do so could emerge depending on such factors as armament levels of the Arab states or whether Israel was unable to acquire "adequate quantities of conventional weapons."...
(This of course was the same CIA that JFK was going to dismantle, and reorganise in an accountable format; and it was under LBJ, JFK's deadly enemy and Israel's greatest friend)...

'By contrast, Avner Cohen's research (in his 1998 book Israel and the Bomb and his 2010 volume The Worst Kept Secret) demonstrates that Prime Minister Ben-Gurion had already taken the basic decisions to develop a nuclear weapons capability in 1962, and that the Israelis started to build their arsenal in 1967.

Interestingly, the 1964 NIE's conclusion differed from an estimate a year earlier (Document 1), which speculated that "the Israelis, unless deterred by outside pressure, will attempt to produce a nuclear weapon sometime in the next several years." (this,of course, was under JFK's Presidency..(outsider))..

Israel had two nukes at start of 1967 'Six-Day War' (of USS Liberty fame!!), and began to build up it's nuclear arsenal after the war...

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/nukevault/ebb401/

(obviously, with complete knowledge and backing from LBJ, who had conspired with the Israelis over the attack on the 'Liberty')..see 'Operation Cyanide' by Peter Hounam.

Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Roots of Israeli Attack on Gaza

Link

Quote:
Published on Nov 17, 2012 by TheRealNews
Phyllis Bennis: The current conflict did not begin with rockets fired at Israel

Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
melding fra vår kjære Mads i Gaza:

Midnatt passert. Ingen våpenhvile.
Heller ingen barnehvile, kvinnehvile eller menneskehvile.
Dronene surrer som onde insekter og vi vet de etterfølges av drønnende detonasjoner. Gardinene i vinduet der jeg skriver dette følger lufttrykket og jeg kjenner tydelig trykkbølgene. Alle vinduer er åpne så de ikke skal implodere og spre dødelige svermer av glass. Det er så mange dødelige svermer her i Gaza. Granat- og bombesplinter, dronesvermene, svermene av flygeblad med truende innhold for ytterligere å terrorisere sivilbefolkningen som slippes fra himmelen.
Det har vært en forferdelig dag.
Det er vanskelig å beskrive 13 sønderrevne kropper, dekapierte, avrevne lemmer, forkullete, småbarn delt i to - alt kommer til Shifa. Med desperate rop om hjelp, skrik i smerte. Mamma'er som faller sammen i paralysert fortvilelse når de døde barna gjenkjennes.
Vi jobber.
Intuberer, skjærer av klær, kanylerer, prøver å skjønne hvor skadene er på de som fortsatt har livstegn.
Idag var det 24 drepte og 189 skadde. Ikke alle kommer til Shifa, men svært mange.
Vi mistet to "på bordet", splintskader til arteria pulmonalis og ødeleggende hodeskader. En cava inferior-avrivning ble berga med hjelp av dyktig karkirurg i gruppen på 40 frivillige palestinske leger som kom fra Vestbredden igår.
Solidaritet. Nye allianser mellom palestinerne. Store arabiske delegasjoner fyker gjennom sykehuset med sjokkerte ansikter mens bombedrønnene ustoppelig påminner dem om det imminente i deres politiske ansvar.
En barnefamilie kommer inn i morgentimene etter at israelske jetbombefly har knust den største banken i sentrum av Gaza by. Pappa er rasende, roper på hevn. Barna hører forskrekket på.
Avbrudd kl 00:44: Fy faen nå bomber de rett ved oss. Seriebomber.
Hvordan klarer de å trøste barna sine i denne natt?
Jeg er redd. Ondskapen synes å seire.
Jeg vet ikke om "verden" skjønner hvordan dette millionfengselet egentlig er. Det er altså ikke mulig å finne ly, skjul, utvei, flukt, beskyttelse. Og den samme makt som holder alle innesperret bomber samtidig ustoppelig med et av verdens sterkeste krigsmaskineri.
Hva hadde skjedd om Michelle Obama var her inatt med sine to døtre? Bodd i et hus i Beit Lahia i utkanten av Gaza by, fattgfolks kvarter, uten lys, uten noen sikkerhet. Hva om hun kom løpende inn med ett av sine vakre barn i armene, gjennomtrengt av granatsplinter - uten noen mulighet til å slippe unna?
Ville det blitt en endring da?
Jeg skjenner ikke at Jens, Espen og Inga-Marte og de andre som sa så mye riktig om kamp mot terror og politisk vold for litt siden - hvordan kan de sitte med all sin innflytelse å enten tie stille eller uttrykke forståelse for Israels "rett til å forsvare seg"?
Forsvare seg?
De angriper jo, slik de har angrepet de siste 60 årene.
Har vi ikke lær at urett må stoppes nå, i vår tid, mens vi vet og kan handle - ikke som en arkeologisk øvelse det etterpåklokskapens lupe og den kjølige, historike distansen gjør ubehaget ved sviket lettere å leve med?
Ikke send flere bandasjer, leger, matpakker og intetsigende erklæringer.
Stopp bombingen.
Åpne Gaza.
Avslutt okkupasjoen av Palestina.
La ungene få fred.
La mødrene amme.
La gamlingene drikke friskt vann.
La fiskerne fiske og bøndene høste.
La lærerne undervise og ungene lære.
La ungdommene reise og oppdage noe annet enn beleiring, blokade og frykt.
La nattesøvnens lindrende mildhet legge seg som et teppe av års etterlengta ro over Gazas mennesker.
Da trenger de ikke forsvare seg mot en overlegen overmakt.
'Da synker våpnene maktesløs ned
Skaper vi menneskeverd
Skaper vi fred', som han skrev, Nordahl.

Gaza, i nattens uhygge,
00:40 21.11 2012
Mads G

http://translation.babylon.com/norwegian/to-english/

To:
Translate
Human Translation
Message from our dear Mads in Gaza: Midnight passed. No cease-fire. Also no barnehvile, kvinnehvile or menneskehvile. 's drones from tangling as evil bugs and we know they are followed by booming detonations. Curtains in the window where I write this follows air pressure and I know clearly trykkbølgene. All the windows are open so that they will not implodere and spreading deadly swarms of glass. There are so many deadly swarms here in Gaza.
It is difficult to describe 13 rent bodies, dekapierte, loss of limbs, forkullete, toddlers split in two - everything comes to Shifa. With desperate cry for help, crying in pain. Mum'is that fall together in paralysert despair when the dead children are recognized. We are working. Intuberer, cutting of clothes, kanylerer, trying to understand where the damage is on those who still have heartbeat. Today there were 24 killed and 189 injured. Not everyone is going to Shifa, but very many.
We lost two "on the table", splintskader to arteria pulmonalis and devastating head injuries. A cava inferior-positioning for tear-off was berga with the help of skilled karkirurg in the group of 40 volunteers Palestinian doctors that came from West Bank yesterday. Solidarity. New alliances between put down Palestinians. Large Arab delegations juts through the hospital with shocked faces while bombedrønnene unstoppable remind them about the imminente in their political responsibilities.
A dining comes into the morning of after Israeli jetbombefly has crushed the largest bank in the center of Gaza city. Dad is furious, crying out for vengeance. Kids hear forskrekket on. Break at 00:44: fy may-care now bombs they straight at us. Seriebomber. How do they to comfort their children in this night? I am afraid. Evil seems to victories.
I don't know about the "world" know how this millionfengselet really is. It is therefore not possible to find refuge, hide, resort, aligned, protection. And the same force that keeps all crated bombs simultaneously unstoppable with one of the world's strongest war machine.
What had happened if Michelle Obama was here last night with their two daughters? Lived in a house in Need Lahia in the outskirts of Gaza city, fattgfolks quarters, without light, without any security. What if she came running in with one of their beautiful children in the arms, gjennomtrengt of shrapnel - without any opportunity to escape?
It would be a change then? I skjenner not that Jens, Espen and Inga-Marte and the others that said as much correct about fight against terrorism and political violence for a while ago - how can they sit with all its influence to either keep quiet or express appreciation for the "right to defend itself"? Defend themselves?
They attack the, as they have attacked the last 60 years. Have we not learn that violence must be stopped now, in our time, while we know and can act - not as an archaeological finds, urban exercise the etterpåklokskapens lupe and the cool, historike distance makes discomfort sviket easier to live with?
Do not send more bandages, doctors, matpakker and insipid statements. Stop bombing. Open Gaza. Exit okkupasjoen of Palestine. Let kids get peace. Let mothers breastfeed. Let gamlingene drink fresh water. Let fishermen and fish farmers harvest.
Let teachers teach and the kids learn. Let the youth travel and discover something other than siege, blockade and fear. Let nattesøvnens soothing gentleness add itself as a carpet of year etterlengta ro of Gazas people.
Then they need not defend themselves against a superior superiority. 'Then drops weapons slacked down we create value of human life we create peace', which he wrote, Nordahl. Gaza, in the dark foreboding, 00:40 21.11 2012 Mads G

outsider

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A young British journalist tells it like it is on Newsnight yesterday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhUnsG4zpMI

Unfortunately, the clip does not show what follows.
We see Establishment panel members extremely discomfited: anyone got the full Newsnight on video?

What a guy; pure unadulterated Truth.
Would that there were half a dozen more Owen Jones's in the world.

Hope some of you make the demo 12 Midday tomorrow, Saturday 24th November opposite Downing Street, followed by march to Israeli Embassy.

TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miko Peled, the General's Son. Seattle. Oct. 1, 2012

Link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOaxAckFCuQ
Published on 9 Oct 2012 by ToddBoyle

Book Review: ‘The General’s Son: Journey of an Israeli in Palestine’
by Jim Miles - November 30, 2012
http://www.foreignpolicyjournal.com/2012/11/30/book-review-the-general s-son-journey-of-an-israeli-in-palestine/

The General’s Son: Journey of an Israeli in Palestine. Miko Peled. Just World Books, Charlottesville, Virginia, U.S.A. 2012.

There are many powerful books written on the topic of Palestine/Israel but few if any are as masterfully written as Miko Peled’s The General’s Son. Combining a wealth of knowledge and experience, with a strong sense of human compassion and common sense, and with a compelling and forceful narrative, Peled has written a story that needs to be read by anyone interested in Palestine/Israel and the broader Middle East in general.

The author’s writing style craftily weaves together his father’s story, followed by his own story, with comments, anecdotal incidents, and information that draw the reader further into the work. The story dispels the myths created by Israeli society that are used to sustain its posturing domestically and with its foreign policy.

Peled’s father, Matti Peled, was a popular and well-known Israeli general, having fought in the 1948 Independence war and the 1967 war against Egypt, Syria, and Jordan. Seeing the results of those wars, Matti Peled became a peace activist, essentially arguing that Israel could not prosper as an oppressor country. Miko Peled followed his father’s actions as a child, and after his own stint in as a Red Beret, became increasingly absorbed into his own beliefs concerning the unjust and non-humanitarian Israeli treatment of its Palestinian population.

The work is divided into four sections. The first covers the life of Matti Peled and his strong criticisms of Israeli actions, in particular after the 1967 war. Immediately after the war, Matti Peled said, “Now we have a chance to offer the Palestinians a state of their own.” He believed that holding on to the territories was “contrary to Israel’s long term strategy of building a secure Jewish democracy.” As events continued, as settlements continued, he arrived at the position in which he indicated that the best thing the U.S. could do for Israel would be to stop weapons sales and stop the free money given to Israel.

Miko’s narrative

The second section of the story, Red Beret, follows the author’s own journey of awareness. It starts with his experiences with the Red Berets and the different experiences that forced him to think about his father’s perceptions of Israeli actions. After leaving the military, the influence of karate on his life becomes a dominant theme. The final chapter, Black September, narrates the accounts around the death of his niece Smadar from a suicide bombing.

As with the rest of the book, each chapter serves as a well-defined unit, presenting a particular theme, always related to his own personal growth and awareness and context of the situation he was living in.

These narrative themes carry through The Road to Palestine, the third part of the book concerning his personal involvement and development within the Palestinian peace movement. A Journey Begins describes his first encounters with a Jewish-Palestinian dialogue group in Coronado, California. His first active involvement is recounted in Two Flags, where with his association with the Rotarians, he organizes the delivery of a thousand wheel chairs for Israel and the West Bank.

Countries that have something to hide survive in part by creating fear of an outsider, the enemy, the other. In The Fear Virus, Miko Peled is shocked that in spite of his understanding intellectually of the situation from both his father’s and his own experiences, how deeply embedded his fear was. Beyond his own fears, he recognized the fear was maintained by the state of Israel through its wall building, signage, and checkpoints. His encounters with the Palestinian citizens and their acceptance of him turned the fear to trust, leading him to the point where “Letting go of my fear and placing my trust in these committed young activists was not a choice, it was a mission.” This trust came from activists, husbands and fathers who “deliberately and consistently refused to engage in violence, just as they refused to accept the injustice imposed on them by the Israeli occupation.”

From an encounter at a checkpoint Miko relates the story of The Commanding General’s Orders, an encounter that ends with his assessment that “My own people had arrested me for doing something good. My disillusionment with Israel had sunk to a new low.”

In Who Will Speak for Gaza, he relates his actions of trying to get into Gaza, and recognizes with hindsight that his attempts to cross at Rafah came just three weeks before the Cast Lead attacks against Gaza. He states, “Gaza has essentially been turned into an enormous concentration camp,” with the Egyptian military “assisting Israel’s siege.”

The story of Abu Ansar highlights the importance of education to the Palestinian resistance and how it is organized and presented within the Israeli prisons. It also highlights how former freedom fighters carry “an abundance of calm and patience…their caring and empathy…far stronger than any anger they might be carrying.”

Encounters with the Israeli military in Defiance continue the narratives of earlier incidents. The fear factor and the power and control of the Israeli military are shown against the popular non-violent resistance and the rocks versus guns and armored jeeps aspect of the Hebron ghetto of Kiryat Arba.

Looking Forward

The final section, Hope for Peace, leads to the author’s position that the only way out of the current mess is a one state secular democracy. The force of his logic and the gritty details of his own experiences provide a compelling argument for his perspective.

Working with the children of Palestine through his karate, Miko presents hope for The Next Generation. Military humiliation, arrests, and killings are all rites of passage for Palestinians growing up in the West Bank and Gaza.

He next meets with Abu Ali Shahin, a Fatah commander and leader for two decades of Palestinian prisoners. From Shahin’s lecture, Miko reprises his father’s testimony concerning the Israeli occupation, “…my father said that the Israeli army would become an occupation army and would resort to brutal means to enforce the Israeli occupation on the Palestinian people.” Referring to IDF records, he cites his father, “If we keep these lands, popular resistance to the occupation is sure to arise, and Israel’s army would be used to quell that resistance, with disastrous and demoralizing results.”

While in prison, after resisting efforts to make him ‘talk’ by torturing him, Shahin organized the prisoners into a self-directing democratic body promoting education of the prisoners. Miko says, “I was being exposed to a side of the Palestinians that was truly heroic. And I could see no reason why we can’t share this land in peace and indeed perhaps share a state with a nation that can produce such principled heroism under the harshest conditions.”

Whether it is One State, Two States, Three States, Miko argues that the Zionists are lying about the two state solution. He argues, “We have to change the paradigm from a Zionist one that says Jews must have their own state to a paradigm that sees both Jews and Palestinians as equals living together in a state that is neither Jewish or Arab, and governed by an elected government that represents everyone.”

He argues further, “As long as Israel remains unchanged and the debate evolves around the creation of a Palestinian state in some undefined region, nothing will change. For years the Israelis have been saying that it is willing to give the Palestinians a few pieces of land on which they may establish some sort of mini state….the actors know full well that this is an act. The Israeli settlements in the West Bank expand and the horrors of the ethnic cleansing campaign continue to terrorize the Palestinian people day in and day out.

“The notion that the two parties need to reach a solution as equal partners is inconceivable to the Zionist state.”

When I first heard Miko Peled on You Tube presenting a talk on Palestine/Israel he said, “Zionism…has to go. The Zionist state has to be replaced with a democracy.” As for the IDF in Palestine, “Their entire purpose is terrorism.” While his father was a strong Zionist, Miko believes that he too now would call for a single democracy with equal rights.

Must read

What I have outlined and cited above, while highlighting the points of view presented in The General’s Son, do not convey the powerful nature of Miko Peled’s writing. It is strong, direct, eloquent, forceful, and emotionally moving all wrapped in a personal history that has intersected with one of the major humanitarian-political-military crisis of our time.

Arguments will continue about one state or two states, or a binational state, but the human story presented here underlies whatever solution—or calamity—will occupy the future. This work is a must read for anyone arguing about the past history, the current situation, the humanitarian and military impacts of the occupation and settlements.

There are millions of Palestinian partners for peace. It is time the world stood with them for a sovereign independent democratic state.

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
outsider

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how much MSM attention this little clip from Israeli TV will get?
Perhaps it's about time we had a Christian Anti-Defamation League:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA6vRC1xW_c&feature=player_embedded

Here is the poster's comment, I think it says it all:

From the show "Toffee VeHa-Gorillah" - WARNING!!! Explicit and extremely offensive anti-Christian material contained. This is more than a simple "parody"; this is an open attack against the Christian religion and its dearest values. You be the judge!

Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zionist Thugs Beating Up Jewish Rabbis

Link

Quote:
Uploaded on Dec 22, 2006

Zionist Israeli Thugs are beating up and using tasers on members of the Orthodox Jewish Faith Neturei Karta.

Anti-Zionist Orthodox Jews protesting the desecration of graves by a highway construction project near Haifa were attacked and brutally beaten by private security guards hired by the Ministry of Transportation.

The group, known for being outspokenly critical of the State of Israel and its very existence were peacefully demonstrating at the time. This attack follows a long history of violence against the Orthodox Jewish community.

Consistent with fundamental Jewish beliefs, some of these protesters often take part in demonstrations, side by side with Palestinians, against the State of Israel and its inhuman policies toward the Palestinian people." The apparent strategy of using organized violence through private security personnel against these peaceful protesters is only one of many tactics used by the State of Israel to intimidate and discourage further protests. The police were nowhere to be found at the time or even hours after the melee. Several Rabbis and children were attacked with electric stun gun devices and knives, requiring some to be hospitalized.

Among the injured were Rabbi Leibl Deutsch and Rabbi Yisroel Rothchild, both of Jerusalem who were stabbed in the lower back and leg respectively. The Jewish cemetery at the heart of the incident dates back to the Second Temple era, over 2000 years ago.Some of the caves that comprise the cemetery have been destroyed as a result of the ongoing highway work and there are heightened fears of further desecration as the highway project continues unabated.

Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link

Quote:
An honest Israeli Jew tells the Real Truth about Israel
muslimsandtheworldmuslimsandtheworld·40 videos
Like 74 Dislike 7

Published on Dec 2, 2012

Miko Peled was born in Jersusalem into a well known and influential Israeli Zionist family. His father was a famous General in the Israeli Army, of which Miko also served his time. When Miko's niece was killed by Palestinian suicide bombers, you may have expected the family's emotions to be directed at the Palestinians, but surprisingly they blamed the state of Israel, and their brutal torturing and persecution for driving people to such despair that they would take their own lives.

Through his father's intimate knowledge of the Israeli war of terror, coupled with his own research, Miko Peled shatters the myths surrounding the Israel and Palestine situation, and delivers a truth so damning that many Jews and Israel supporters will not be able to handle it. He exposes facts such as the original expelled Jews are not the ones coming back, and they are not their descendants either, covers the double standards regarding the right of return, which doesn't apply to Palestinians, and dispels the myth that there has been a conflict for ages by producing proof that it was peaceful up until 1947 when Israel launched their illegal attacks.

Miko is just one of a number of modern day Jews against Zionism and the state of Israel, and with the information he delivers in this brilliant talk, its not hard to see why more and more Jews are rejecting Zionism and calling for the dismantling of Israel. It is a true eye-opener for anyone who has for too long been blinded by the lies and misinformation given by the mainstream media, and the facts come straight from the heartland where he has spent many years documenting the true story.

Uploaded by http://www.muslimsandtheworld.com

Original clip is located at http://www.muslimsandtheworld.com/an-honest-israeli-jew-tells-the-real -truth-...

Link to this clip on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etXAm-OylQQ

Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

benjamin netanyahu 28 years old

Link

Quote:
Uploaded on May 22, 2011

In a remarkable video from 1978, 28 year old MIT grad Benjamin Netanyahu debates whether there should be a Palestinian state created on the West Bank and Gaza. Netanyahu argues that such a state would

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Bigger Picture All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: