FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Man vows to give up money for a year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Bigger Picture
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Man vows to give up money for a year Reply with quote

Man vows to live without money for a year - Exclusive
By Damien Fletcher 5/12/2008

His home is a tiny caravan in a muddy field, his toilet is a hole in the ground and he forages for food in skips.

But 29-year-old Mark Boyle isn't a hapless victim of the credit crunch - he has chosen to live this way after turning his back on money for a year.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2008/12/05/man-vows-to-live-withou t-money-for-a-year-exclusive-115875-20947266/

"The film Gandhi blew my mind, man," he explains. "My life went in a whole new direction.

"I realised that the only truly sustainable way is to give up cash and reconnect with nature, so I gave away all my possessions to start a new life."

That meant ditching his job running a successful organic food firm and spending his last £350 on kitting out a caravan for his new cashless existence.

He added solar panels to power a computer, so he can run his website www.justfortheloveofit.org, and a wood-burning stove. The caravan itself he got free on the freecycle.org website.

In return for three days a week working at Radford Mill Farm, near Bath, he gets to berth his caravan there.

He's also got a one-acre plot to grow broccoli, carrots, parsley and kale.

His typical day starts with filling his larder - by crawling on his hands and knees into a nettle patch.

"We're surrounded by fresh nettles in Britain yet people buy nettle tea from China in supermarkets," says Mark, who also searches skips outside wholesale food stores.

Advertisement - article continues below »

"It's amazing what you can find if you search around. The other day I found a couple of cases of wine. Another day it's 10 pizzas or loads of fresh fruit."

After foraging, economics graduate Mark has a solar-powered shower. It sounds hi-tech, but in fact it's a black rubber bag full of water, tied to a tree with string. "It does get a bit cold in the winter," he admits.

After a day on the farm or tending his plot, he makes a veggie stew on his Rocket Stove made "using two catering olive oil tins and a pipe I found on a tip". Mark says his lifestyle "proves that sustainable living is not just for wealthy, upper-class people. If I can do it this cheaply, anyone can."

However, it does mean giving up a few creature comforts.

"I dig a new compost toilet every fortnight," he says. "It's a six-foot hole in the ground. You do your business then shovel some mud over the top."

No wonder he hasn't managed to persuade his student girlfriend Clare Morley, 26, to join him on his cash-free quest.

Not that Mark regrets his decision. He insists: "It's time to consider a more realistic lifestyle, a happier world without money."

And so far, things are going far better than the last time he tried to get by without cash.

Mark once attempted to cycle to India, relying on the kindness of strangers for food and lodgings. He got as far as Calais.

He says: "I didn't have good enough French to tell them about what I was doing."

see also
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Mark-Boyle-From-Bristol-To-Be come-Freeconomist-As-He-Plans-To-Live-Without-Money-For-A-Year/Article  /200811415164753?lpos=UK_News_News_Your_Way_Region_4&lid=NewsYourWay_ ARTICLE_15164753_Mark_Boyle_From_Bristol_To_Become_Freeconomist__As_He _Plans_To_Live_Without_Money_For_A_Year__

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
Chris Walsh
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a guy. I could do that, but I might have to give up more than I'd like to.

I wonder if he's aware of fractional reserve banking, the controlled economic collapse and the NWO...

If he was maybe he'd do it for a lifetime, never mind a year!

Disco_Destroyer
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is aguy I'd like to meet!!
Also I believe there is enough of us in the know, only if we'd ratchet up that level of trust needed Wink

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Bigger Picture All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: