FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shoot On Sight - Menezes feature film being supressed
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Recommended reading, listening & viewing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: BBC scraps de Menezes killing film Reply with quote

BBC scraps de Menezes killing film

Vanessa Thorpe, arts and media correspondent
Sunday January 14, 2007
The Observer

The BBC has dropped a politically sensitive drama it was making about the killing of Jean Charles de Menezes by members of Scotland Yard's firearms squad.

The move has distressed members of the innocent Brazilian's family and enraged Katy Jones, the docu-drama's award-winning producer.

'I am extraordinarily disappointed, more than anything for the family. It was devastating for them. We had been told by the BBC it was the most important television commission of the year,' said Jones, who, with Jimmy McGovern, made Hillsborough and Sunday.

'The de Menezes family were right in the middle of a traumatic experience and it was a huge blow for them. I feel very angry and I have urged the BBC to send an apology to them.'

She says the BBC has failed in its duty to complete a sensitive project that unearthed a large amount of investigative material about the police shooting of 27-year-old de Menezes at Stockwell underground station in south London in July 2005.

A second expensive and highly topical docu-drama, dealing with the lives of the 7 July bombers, has also been unexpectedly shelved.

'It was a very well developed drama piece, but it was a question of timing and the mix of programmes,' said Roly Keating, controller of BBC2. He denied that the decision had anything to do with the difficult or dark content uncovered by researchers working with militant Islamic groups.

The decision to drop the two dramas may mark a move away from communicating complicated and important news stories through fictionalised accounts. 'There is a tendency to want to make a docu-drama when what is needed is some really tough frontline documentary reporting,' said George Entwistle, head of current affairs. 'Sometimes it is used as a less strenuous option, although this is not the case in the best docu-dramas.

'My sense is that there has been a lot of good BBC journalism in this area anyway. For instance, we had a Panorama on the de Menezes shooting. The 7 July development work was good background journalism.'

Keating agreed that researchers working on this project had unearthed important information about the bombers which, he said, may still be used at some time.

Jane Tranter, head of drama, said of the 7 July project: 'I would say it is on hold. We have never said we are not making it.' She added that in the case of the de Menezes film the fact that the story was heavily reported on the news at the time meant she had to ask what a docu-drama could bring to viewers.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,1989995,00.html
gypsum
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really surprising at all, is it?

Confused
jason67
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gypsum wrote:
Not really surprising at all, is it?

Confused

Sadly, not.
Eckyboy
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what we do. So says the arrogant BBC. This programme sounds interesting and thought provoking. No wonder they don't want to show it. Mainstream TV these days is for the braindead and ignorant. This poor man was an innocent and it was not bad enough that the police shot him repeatedly but they then slandered him by making up lies he was a terrorist to cover their tracks. The people responsible should have faced criminal charges at the least. Personally I think they deserve the same fate as this poor man. Everybody makes mistakes and if this was just a tragic mistake then the police should have done the decent thing and held their hands up. To accuse this man of being a terrorist afterwards was unforgivable. I will not forget Jean Charles de Menezes and I only hope his family find peace.
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Ecky.

I'm not convinced this was a mistake.

Wokeman
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am totally convinced that there were no mistakes. Every move was calculated. The gunman stood in front of Jean Charles and fired (upwards of) 7 shots at carefully spaced intervals. It was a hit.
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eckyboy wrote:
This poor man was an innocent and it was not bad enough that the police shot him repeatedly but they then slandered him by making up lies he was a terrorist to cover their tracks.

Not forgetting the executive authored posthumous smear attempt via an unfounded allegation of rape, plastered all over the UK media, 33 weeks and 3 days after Jean Charles was murdered.

ishaar
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psyop!! Same thing with the morning raid by 250 police at forest gate, slowly introducing 'the shoot first ask questions later' scenario. Both cases followed by lie upon lie. Didn't they later try and label the guy they shot at forest gate a paedophile?
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure they did.

In the media.

But no charges were brought.

ishaar
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In a report on the shooting of Mr Kahar, the Independent Police Complaints Commission said the policeman who shot him had not acted recklessly or maliciously and should not be prosecuted or disciplined.

reality check! If it wasn't an accident it was malicious, if it was an accident it was reckless. I think I'll go with malicious.

The event was a psyop. Thats why the police hung around for 2 weeks, to keep it in the media and frighten the community, regardless of daily reports that nothing incriminating had been found, after having knocked walls down and torn the floorboards up.

Last edited by ishaar on Fri May 11, 2007 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The IPCC, as today's ruling proves yet again are part of the machine of state.

They are a disgrace.

festival of snickers
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Charles_de_Menezes

uk cant stop the truth

Eckyboy
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still cannot believe there has not been a bigger public outcry over this. What does it take to get your average joe public to actually care about innocent people being murdered. Maybe they will only start to care when it is one of their loved ones that lies dead at the hands of the government by then of course it will be too late. The people who truly care about doing the right thing seem to be in the minority but I find strength in knowing that there are others no matter how few that do still care about others.
Ravenmoon
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

De Menezes family Police 'have got away with murder'

The family of Jean Charles de Menezes reacted with fury as it was announced eleven officers involved in his death will not face disciplinary action.

They said they were "gravely disappointed" that the Independent Police Complaints Commission had exonerated them and accused the Metropolitan police of "getting away with murder".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_artic le_id=454154&in_page_id=1770

Eckyboy
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The family are right. The police should be subject to the same laws and procedures as everyone else. An innocent man was murdered. You do not accidentally shoot someone seven times in the head. Where is the justice in this???
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eckyboy wrote:
I still cannot believe there has not been a bigger public outcry over this. What does it take to get your average joe public to actually care about innocent people being murdered. Maybe they will only start to care when it is one of their loved ones that lies dead at the hands of the government by then of course it will be too late. The people who truly care about doing the right thing seem to be in the minority but I find strength in knowing that there are others no matter how few that do still care about others.

When they are the innocent person perhaps? Too late then

We have entered the time of the "good britons": I am certainly convinced that a significant proportion of people are not swallowing this BS: but that in itself guarentees nothing

Wokeman

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"None of the 11 officers whose actions were investigated will face proceedings, the Independent Police Complaints Commission ruled yesterday.NO DECISION HAS YET BEEN MADE (my caps, W.) about the four senior officers who authorised the shooting at Stockwell underground station on July 22nd, 2005
"Nick Hardwick, chairman of the IPCC, said he had made the decision after careful consideration. He said he was "struck again by the challenge facing officers of the Metropolitan Police following the carnage on July 7th, 2005.
"Set alongside this is the fate of Jean Charles who was entirely innocent. . .The grief and anger is entirely understandable and as I have been powerfully reminded — remains unassuaged" (The Guardian, May 12)

I've heard sanctimonious before, but there it is in its full puffed up, phoney sentiment. I trust Mr Hardwick is willing to read out his last paragraph quoted here, in front of the grieving family. And, by the way, the above is not quite true. Commander Cressida Dick, the overall commander of the operation that day, rather than face disgrace and demotion after the deliberate murder of an innocent man, has been promoted and is now a deputy assistant commissioner in charge of security for the Royal Family, a job, I reckon must be one of the most sought after in the whole of the Police service. So what, if any action will be taken against her in October.
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:32 am    Post subject: Shoot On Sight - Menezes feature film being supressed Reply with quote

CONTROVERSIAL new movie Shoot On Sight is about an innocent Muslim mistaken for a terrorist and shot dead on the London Tube by the Met Police.
The fictional script closely mirrors the fate of Brazilian Jean Charles de Menezes, who was killed by armed cops at Stockwell Tube station after the 7/7 bombings in 2005.
Producer Aron Govill says: “We are not taking sides, just making a dramatic thriller and trying to explore racial bias.”
The film opened this weekend so we asked the parents of an Aldgate blast victim to review the film.
Here, John and June Taylor, who lost 24-year-old daughter Carrie, share their thoughts............

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/film/article1597616.ece

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/

Last edited by TonyGosling on Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:04 am    Post subject: Shoot On Sight - Menezes feature film being supressed Reply with quote

Does anyone know about this
somewhat hardcore
Shoot On Sight

Link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXLMDjaCAKc

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung

Last edited by TonyGosling on Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a Bollywood flick! That's been and is being NWO knobbled.
When last week Mundra's Shoot On Sight opened in London he was accused of exploiting and distorting the facts behind the gruesome tragedy that happened a year ago. Mundra is unfazed and says the dead guy's family is being incited into causing trouble. "I'm used to my biopics getting into trouble. I'm sure you remember the problems that were caused by Bhanwari Devi when I made a film on her gruesome gang rape (Bawandar). More recently, after Provoked about domestic violence, I went through a similar ordeal. And now my Sonia Gandhi epic has been put on hold on request from the Congress until the general elections. It can never be done with the Congress' active participation. But I hope we can eventually make the film without them breathing down our backs with litigations."

http://www.shootonsightthemovie.com/

Jagmohan Mundra's film on terrorism in trouble Click here to add this article to My Clips
By Subhash K. Jha, September 2, 2008 - 11:15 IST
Jagmohan Mundra whose career is substantially based on biopics of famous people stands accused of exploiting the tragic killing of the innocent Brazilian bystander Jean Charles de Menezes in the July 2007 tube station bombing in London.
When last week Mundra's Shoot On Sight opened in London he was accused of exploiting and distorting the facts behind the gruesome tragedy that happened a year ago. Mundra is unfazed and says the dead guy's family is being incited into causing trouble. "I'm used to my biopics getting into trouble. I'm sure you remember the problems that were caused by Bhanwari Devi when I made a film on her gruesome gang rape (Bawandar). More recently, after Provoked about domestic violence, I went through a similar ordeal. And now my Sonia Gandhi epic has been put on hold on request from the Congress until the general elections. It can never be done with the Congress' active participation. But I hope we can eventually make the film without them breathing down our backs with litigations."
And that's precisely how Mundra feels at the moment. "The accusation that I've exploited the real-life tragedy in Shoot On Sight is totally unfounded. The relatives and family of de Menezes are being provoked into making these statements. None of these protestors have actually seen the film. It reminds me of what happened with Salman Rushdie after he wrote The Satanic Verses. Not too many had actually read the novel when a fatwa was passed against him. So I don't know what they are protesting about. Also the flak from the British press includes statements on how Shoot On Sight is like a TV drama. I don't take that as an insult. I've great respect for the TV medium."
Mundra admits Shoot On Sight had a lower opening in London than his earlier biopic Provoked. "That's because Provoked featured Aishwarya Rai, a known international name," says Mundra implying that Naseruddin Shah doesn't have the same international appeal. "Naseer has brought his own amazing insights into the role. And if Amitabh Bachchan had played the part as I had planned, he'd have imparted his own gravitas", adds Mundra.
About Naseer refusing to dub the Hindi version of Shoot On Sight Mundra says, "I respect his decision. But I also have to respect my producer's decision. They need to earn back their money. And what is wrong with Brits talking in Hindi? Didn't Robbie Coltrane argue Aishwarya's case in Hindi in Provoked? What about all the Japanese characters in the World War 2 epic Tora Tora Tora speaking in English? And in Devdas we heard the characters talking in Hindi when they were all speaking in Bengali in the novel. Cinema is all about suspension of disbelief. It's also at the end of the day a commercial venture. My Indian producers need to make back their money when they release the film on September 19. And I'd rather have British characters making themselves comprehensible to audiences in Rajasthan and Bihar than be linguistically correct."
Sighing Mundra ends, "Let's hope my distributor Pyramid does a better job of my Shoot On Sight than they did with their last film Mukhbiir."
http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/2008/09/02/11868/index.html

Quote:

A film that shows how gutless Britain has become
Michael Prescott
Wednesday, 6th August 2008

Michael Prescott — who was a passenger on the King’s Cross train on 7/7 — applauds a movie inspired by the terrorist attacks. But why is nobody keen to distribute it?

The world has an estimated 798 billionaires. Thousands more people are each worth hundreds of million. Any one of them is in a position to blow £8 million on a whim. Only one of them has decided to gamble that amount on a film about how Britain views its Muslims in the age of Islamist terror. Aron Govil is an Indian-born Hindu who has lived in New York since 1970, gradually accruing wealth through his activities in industry and the energy business. Eighteen months ago a friend showed him a movie script set in London, inspired by the 7 July Tube bombings and the shooting of the terror-suspect-who-wasn’t, Jean Charles de Menezes....
http://www.spectator.co.uk/the-magazine/features/880091/a-film-that-sh ows-how-gutless-britain-has-become.thtml

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Prescott — who was a passenger on the King’s Cross train on 7/7 — applauds a movie inspired by the terrorist attacks. But why is nobody keen to distribute it?
The world has an estimated 798 billionaires. Thousands more people are each worth hundreds of million. Any one of them is in a position to blow £8 million on a whim. Only one of them has decided to gamble that amount on a film about how Britain views its Muslims in the age of Islamist terror. Aron Govil is an Indian-born Hindu who has lived in New York since 1970, gradually accruing wealth through his activities in industry and the energy business. Eighteen months ago a friend showed him a movie script set in London, inspired by the 7 July Tube bombings and the shooting of the terror-suspect-who-wasn’t, Jean Charles de Menezes....
http://www.spectator.co.uk/the-magazine/features/880091/a-film-that-sh ows-how-gutless-britain-has-become.thtml

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
Nick Cooper
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyGosling wrote:
It's a Bollywood flick! That's been and is being NWO knobbled.

Clearly the power of the "NWO" doesn't extend to online retailers:

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/6875988/Shoot-On-Sight/Product.html
http://hmv.com/hmvweb/simpleSearch.do?searchUID=&pGroupID=-1&adultFlag =false&primaryID=-1&simpleSearchString=shoot+on+sight
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shoot-Sight-Sadie-Frost/dp/B001H30PZY/ref=sr_1 _1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1232619570&sr=1-1

Like most films (i.e. non-big budget blockbusters, and the majority of British films), it got a limited theatrical run and then a DVD release a few months later. My copy of the latter arrived a couple of days after the December release date. How, exactly, is this film being "suppressed"?! As you say, it's effectively a Bollywood production, and how many of those play in the average local multiplex?
dewstru
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Tony Gosling there? How did he rate the factual accuracy of the ITV Menezes killing drama docu' that aired 9pm last night? I only caught the last 15 minutes but it made the police look clueless idiots the bit I saw. Also, contrary to the testimony of all witnesses, it had the firearms squad shouting "armed police!.." when entering JCM's carriage.

The film makers repeatedly showed JCM swiping his oyster card, i can't seem to get anyone to confirm this was or could have been a factor in identifying "the suspect". Apparently Brixton tube was shut that day so JCM caught a further bus to Stockwell, how did the police not know he was not a bus bomber?
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The film is still looking for distribution Nick or has that escaped your notice?

Nick Cooper wrote:

Clearly the power of the "NWO" doesn't extend to online retailers:

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
Nick Cooper
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyGosling wrote:
The film is still looking for distribution Nick or has that escaped your notice?

Dozens of films fail to secure widespread distribution in the UK, and some do not even get a DVD release. Many British films get neither.

Shoot on Sight got a limited cinema release, and was then rushed to DVD a few months later, which is hardly unusual, by any means. Take the relatively high-profile film Flood, which was made at the same time. Despite starring Robert Carlyle, Tom Courtnay, David Suchet and Joanne Whalley, it was only screened in a handful of London cinemas, and was then promptly released on DVD, before turning up in an extended form on ITV. If Shoot on Sight is being "suppressed," then so is Flood.

Looking at the British Board of Film Classification's website, of the last twenty films directed by Jag Mundhra before Shoot on Sight, only one got a cinema classification - indicating that it got some form of release - as well as a video classification, while only three more got the latter. In other words, out of twenty films, only four got any sort of legitimate distribution in the UK.

When you have time, I would suggest that you have a look at the BBFC's database*. Try selecting films only, with a date-range of any particular month last year. It only returns the first 50 titles, but that won't matter, as it's still a reasonable sample. I think you'll be surprised at how few titles you've even heard of, let alone seen. Looking at the 50 that come up for January 2008, there are perhaps 14 that I recognise the titles of. This is the reality of film distribution in the UK, and that fact that one particular production hasn't done as well as you personally may wish doesn't change it.

* http://www.bbfc.co.uk/search/index.php
dewstru
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dewstru wrote:
Is Tony Gosling there? How did he rate the factual accuracy of the ITV Menezes killing drama docu' that aired 9pm last night? I only caught the last 15 minutes but it made the police look clueless idiots the bit I saw. Also, contrary to the testimony of all witnesses, it had the firearms squad shouting "armed police!.." when entering JCM's carriage.

The film makers repeatedly showed JCM swiping his oyster card, i can't seem to get anyone to confirm this was or could have been a factor in identifying "the suspect". Apparently Brixton tube was shut that day so JCM caught a further bus to Stockwell, how did the police not know he was not a bus bomber?

Am I using the wrong soap tony?
Whitehall_Bin_Men

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why hasn't this been all over the cinemas?
Too good for race relations?

http://aanirfan.blogspot.com
Martin Van Creveld: Let me quote General Moshe Dayan: "Israel must be like a mad dog, too dangerous to bother."
Martin Van Creveld: I'll quote Henry Kissinger: "In campaigns like this the antiterror forces lose, because they don't win, and the rebels win by not losing."
Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one remember the Turkish film of a fictional character journying through war ravaged Iraq?

Kurtlar Vadisi Irak.
Even with Hollywood actors it was practicaly outright banned here and in the States!

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
Nick Cooper
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whitehall_Bin_Men wrote:
Why hasn't this been all over the cinemas?
Too good for race relations?
It had a run in London cinemas and was widely poster-advertised in the capital. If it had been playing to packed houses, undoubtedly it would have been screened further afield. Many films get this sort of testing-the-water screening pattern - if they're successful, the distribution gets expanded, if not, it doesn't. This is a matter of economics, not politics.
Nick Cooper
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disco_Destroyer wrote:
No one remember the Turkish film of a fictional character journying through war ravaged Iraq?

Kurtlar Vadisi Irak.
Even with Hollywood actors it was practicaly outright banned here and in the States!
"Banned" in what sense? It got a BBFC cinema certificate here and was certainly screened in the US and released on DVD there. More to the point, how many other Turkish-language films get wide distribution in either country?

Considering that Battle for Haditha, Redacted, The Mark of Cain, Rendition, Extraordinary Rendition, etc. have had much higher cinema, DVD and television profiles, there is little to suggest that the only issue with both Shoot on Sight and Kurtlar Vadisi Irak, is that they are simply not good enough commercial proposition to merit wider distribution than they actually got. As stated previously, Shoot on Sight was screened in cinemas, and you can bet your life that if it had been phenomenally successful, then its distribution would have been ramped up accordingly. There was ceratinly enough advertising and press coverage that many Londoners could not have failed to have been aware of it, but clearly not enough of them were interested in seeing it.

So what if Kurtlar Vadisi Irak had "Hollywood actors"? Plenty of high-profile actors appear in films that end up languishing in obscurity. In fact the DVD of Shoot on Sight demonstrates this quite well, as it also contains trailers for four film featuring fairly well-known actors, i.e.:

Stuck - Mena Suvari, Stephen Rea
Animal 2 - Ving Rhames
The Gene Generation - Faye Dunaway
Red - Brian Cox & Tom Sizemore

But how many of these films has anyone even heard of, let alone actually seen?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Recommended reading, listening & viewing All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: