FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Triodos 'waiting for googleads.g.doubleclick.net'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> About this website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thermate911
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Triodos 'waiting for googleads.g.doubleclick.net' Reply with quote

...sometimes for minutes on end, lost connection, etc.

Is it really necessary for this board to feed the NSA? I guess so on financial grounds but a real pain for some of us outside broad-broadband reach.

And I never see adverts for the only european bank worth using (www.triodos.com) although 'micro-finance' appears quite often (when I bother to notice!)

You're still the best general 9/11 site around these days, nevertheless ;-)

"Timely Demise to All Oppressors - at their Convenience!" - 'Interesting Times', Terry Pratchett
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triodos are a bunch of mildly sophisticated posers. I embarrassed one of their reps once when I passed round a rejection letter they sent me for an account for our co-operative community radio project.

They're Anthroposophists of the authoritarian variety. Puritanical follower of Rudolph Steiner.

Anyway. I'd love to get rid of the ads. Please send a Private Message to Jim here asking him to sort it if you agree.
http://www.911forum.org.uk/board/privmsg.php?mode=post&u=3

Tony

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
Thermate911
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't the ads help to cover running costs? I'll pm Jim if it doesn't open a commitee-can of worms ;-)

Sorry you feel that way about Triodos, Tony, as we've had nothing but good experiences with them. They funded some infrastructure for our co-op, no probs and we're in Spain.

I'm tempted by your challenge re: Steiner but prefer to 'remain aloof' just now. ;-) I will just say, please go compare a bunch of 16 year old Steiner students to an equivalant cross-section of state educated same. I would be most interested in your findings. Could be easy for you to do as there's a Steiner school just north of Stroud...

"Timely Demise to All Oppressors - at their Convenience!" - 'Interesting Times', Terry Pratchett
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thermate911 wrote:

Sorry you feel that way about Triodos, Tony, as we've had nothing but good experiences with them. They funded some infrastructure for our co-op, no probs and we're in Spain.

There aren't a lot of banks that want to give me an account. They don't like what I do so they mostly decline to co-operate. I suppose a journalist that sells The Moneymasters must strike them as a difficult customer?!

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
Thermate911
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You strike me as a 'difficult customer', full stop ;-)

If only there were more of us...

Carroll Quigley is required reading around here, wretch that he was! How about some clips on that Culture Shop page?

But, Tony, I think Triodos are off on another route altogether, posers or not (and let's face it, bankers are posers by default; they don't have a clue about real life, just balance sheets - and I should know, having been one in my mis-spent yoof).

scubadiver
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Triodos - A bank I could possibly believe in! Reply with quote

http://www.triodos.co.uk/uk/about_triodos/

Quote:
Triodos Bank is one of Europe’s leading ethical banks. Established in 1980 in The Netherlands, with a UK office following in 1995, Triodos Bank enables money to work for positive social, environmental and cultural change.

Triodos offers a comprehensive range of banking services for social businesses, charities and groups along with a variety of savings accounts for individuals. Triodos Bank only lends money to organisations and businesses pursuing positive social, environmental and cultural goals.

Triodos Bank is a public bank with thousands of customers and shareholders. Our principles and independence are guaranteed through a special share-holding trust which protects the social and environmental aims of the bank. We have offices in the UK, Belgium, Spain and The Netherlands as well as an International Development Investment Unit which finances fair trade and microfinance in developing countries.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> About this website All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: