FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NYCCAN has now reached 70,000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scubadiver
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: NYCCAN has now reached 70,000 Reply with quote

http://www.911blogger.com/node/20711

Quote:
This past week, NYC CAN broke 70,000 signatures. We have now collected over 18,000 signatures in addition to the 52,000 submitted on June 24, 2009. According to the law, we can force the referendum for a new investigation on the ballot by submitting another 15,000 valid signatures on August 25, regardless of what City Council does. To be comfortably above 15,000 valid signatures, we aim to have at least 35,000 signatures by August 23, which means we have 17,000 to go. This is well within reach as our petitioners are bringing in 4,000 signatures per week.

outsider
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Update on NYCCAN Investigation Initiative Reply with quote

Here's the latest situation to date (that I can find; it's out of date), on this extremely important initiative to get a new investigation, with soepena powers, on the New York ballot in November; in my opinion it is a fantastic opportunity which should not be missed.
All of you who can possibly spare some dosh, shell out now. Put your money where your heart is (or should be!!! Idea ):

http://nyccan.org/petition.php

(Sorry, this is still the 70,000 mark; I can't find an up-to-date figure).

Last edited by outsider on Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
outsider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now here is an update:

A CALL TO ACTION – FORWARD WIDELY

www.NYCCAN.org

July 27, 2009

9/11 FAMILIES, FIRST RESPONDERS AND SURVIVORS TO TAKE NEW YORK CITY TO COURT OVER NYC CAN PETITION

SEVENTY THOUSAND New Yorkers signed the NYC CAN petition, raising their voices in support of NYC CAN’s demand for accountability. They have chosen to place the decision to create a new 9/11 investigation – a REAL 9/11 investigation – exactly where it belongs: before the voters of New York City this November. The voices of SEVENTY THOUSAND Americans who believe in democracy and believe that government exists to serve the people – and not the other way around – have been GAGGED by ONE so-called “PUBLIC SERVANT” – The New York City Clerk – who denied the petition and the voice of the people.

Welcome to America. Democracy denied.

Did you REALLY expect those in halls of power to honor the WILL OF THE PEOPLE? Did you expect this demand for accountability to go uncontested by those who have forgotten the very meaning of the word? Perhaps this obstruction of democracy would go unchallenged in THEIR America. Not in OUR America.

9/11 family members, first responders and survivors expected nothing less than business as usual and ARE NOT HAVING IT. They are preparing to take the City of New York to court to challenge the wrongful denial of our right to decide on the creation of a new 9/11 investigation.

Friends, your determination and generosity have brought us to this crucial moment. TRUTH IS AT THE CROSSROADS, DEMOCRACY UNDER FIRE AND THE DEFINING MOMENT IN THE QUEST FOR ACCOUNTABILITY IS UPON US. This is YOUR movement and nothing may bring you closer to attaining truth than NYC CAN. Stand in the light and demand ANSWERS, not in the shadows of those who would deny you such answers.

THE BIG NEWS: the most experienced election lawyer in New York City stands ready to represent the 9/11 families, first responders and survivors in court in an HISTORIC FIGHT FOR DEMOCRACY AND TRUTH. BUT WE DESPERATELY NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT TO MAKE IT HAPPEN. This is your chance – your ONE chance – to stand with the 9/11 families, first responders and survivors, and demand accountability. THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE WORKED FOR, AND WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE IF WE STAND TOGETHER NOW.

Donate over $25 and we’ll mail you a free NYC CAN button. Donate over $50 and you will receive a free NYC CAN button and a well-made NYC CAN t-shirt.

ACT RIGHT NOW. Go to – http://nyccan.org/donate.php – and donate whatever you can to bring the quest for answers to the biggest stage it has ever had: THE NEW YORK CITY BALLOT.

www.NYCCAN.org

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends towards justice.” Theodore Parker

CAN ANYONE WHO HAS THE BUCKS SUPPORT THIS ISSUE: IT'S A MAJOR OPPORTUNITY TO AIR THIS ISSUE?

SORRY, I PUT WRONG LINK IN MY ORIGINAL POST; ABOVE IS THE INFO I WAS TRYING TO PASS ON.

outsider

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest NYCCAN news:

NYC CAN News Bulletin - FORWARD WIDELY
August 4, 2009

NYC CAN is asking for volunteers over the next two weeks to help review the signatures invalidated by the City Clerk and Board of Elections. If you will be available at least three whole business days between August 10 and August 21 and you live in or near New York City, please email your name, schedule of availability and phone number to volunteer@nyccan.org, and please put VOLUNTEER in the subject field. NYC CAN will provide lunch!

NY Supreme Court Appoints Referee to Oversee Revalidation of Rejected Signatures

New York City– Monday, the New York Supreme Court appointed an independent referee to oversee a line-by-line review of the NYC CAN petition signatures that were declared invalid by the New York City Clerk and Board of Elections. Chris Burke, a petitioner in the lawsuit filed against the City of New York, joined by Dennis P. McMahon, a volunteer attorney assisting the petitioners and NYC CAN at this stage of the process, appeared before Supreme Court Justice Edward H. Lehner who issued the ruling in accordance with the petitioners' request.

A hearing is scheduled for Thursday August 6 to set a schedule and outline logistics of the signature re-count and review process. NYC CAN will assemble staff to review each of 24,664 signatures against an April 2009 Board of Elections database of registered voters. All disputed signatures will be assembled into a Bill of Particulars and presented to the referee for review.

The review is the next step in challenging the City Clerk’s rejection of the NYC CAN petition for a new investigation in New York City and comes after the group filed a Verified Petition/Order to Show Cause with the Supreme Court of the State of New York last week. 52,000 signatures were filed <http://www.nyccan.org/nyccanfilespetition.php> with the City Clerk’s office by NYC CAN on June 24th.

The NYC CAN petition was rejected by the City Clerk on Friday, July 24th, who certified 26,003 signatures—3,997 shy of the minimum of 30,000 qualified signatures of electors, the benchmark prescribed in the applicable Home Rule Law.

If the threshold of 30,000 qualified electors is reached as a result of the recount, lawyers for the petitioners and the City will argue the fine points of the Home Rule Law and Election Law in a later proceeding. Both sides are confident that their respective but contrary positions regarding the legality of this unprecedented matter will be upheld. If the court rules in favor of the petitioners and validates the Petition, the City Council is compelled to take up the question. If the initiative is rejected by the Council NYC CAN will submit another 15,000 qualified signatures to move the question directly to the voters in November.

In the meantime NYC CAN is actively lobbying members of the City Council who despite the City Clerk's ruling can work with the petition toward establishing a new investigation into September 11th attacks. Each member of City Council will be presented with a copy of a documentary film, 9/11 Press for Truth <http://www.911pressfortruth.com>, which tells the story of the 9/11 family members who were betrayed by the 9/11 Commission in its failure to answer most of the questions posed by the 9/11 families. NYC CAN calls upon its supporters to continue the flood of phone calls City Council has seen over the past two weeks.

FUNDRAISING FOR LEGAL DEFENSE FUND

Since Monday, July 27, we have raised over $20,000, thanks to your generosity and determination. This is enough to get us started, but the process promises to be long and difficult, and we will need more.

With proceedings under way, we have our foot in the door. Let's see to it we don't fall short at this crucial moment.

Please donate now: http://nyccan.org/donate.php

Thinkers think and talkers talk. Patriots ACT.

outsider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYC CAN forging ahead!!:

NYC CAN News Bulletin - FORWARD WIDELY
August 10, 2009

Today we began the signature review, and with much promise! The first step: to do a recount of the signatures the Board of Elections did validate. And, after counting only 5 out of 52 volumes, we have found the Board of Elections reported 229 signatures fewer than what they actually validated inside the volumes. If their count continues to be off at the same rate, we will gain some 2,300 signatures - SIMPLY BY RECOUNTING THE ONES THAT WERE ALREADY VALIDATED. And we have already identified one petitioner who collected hundreds of signatures and was wrongly invalidated, along with all the signatures he gathered! And there are thousands of invalidated signatures ripe for challenging because the signer is on the voter roll but put their wrong address - these signatures will also be deemed valid if the signature on the petition matches the signature on their voter registration form.

In short, we have every reason to be optimistic that we will eclipse the 30,000 requirement, and that we will have our day in court to argue our right to establish a new commission to investigate 9/11.

We need help. We have 9 more business days to finish our review, and we have no more than 8 volunteers signed up to help on any day. We can use 20 volunteers per day, and we will need that many to get the job done. If you live in or around NYC, please give just one or two business days between now and next Friday, August 21. Whether you can give one day or five days, please email us at volunteer@nyccan.org with your name, phone number and schedule of availability, and please put VOLUNTEER in the subject field. Come get a free lunch and be part of this historic recount!

The last month has seen some very positive coverage, and it will grow after we prove valid the thousands of signatures wrongly invalidated by the City Clerk and Board of Elections. If you haven't read this great coverage, take a look! Below the headlines is our most recent press release, which should also give you a much clearer picture of what is going on legally.

And, we are in negotiations with an outstanding election lawyer to represent us in court after we eclipse the 30,000 requirement. We will update you as soon as the agreement is finalized.

Together we are making history. Thank you!

A Star Ledger Reporter, August 9: http://blog.nj.com/njv_bob_braun/2009/08/911_survivors_call_for_renewe d.html

The Villager, July 28 - August 4: http://blog.nj.com/njv_bob_braun/2009/08/911_survivors_call_for_renewe d.html

The New York Post, July 14: http://www.nypost.com/seven/07142009/news/regionalnews/kin_eye_9_11_pa nel_179145.htm
______________________________________________________________________ ___

New York Supreme Court Orders Review of 24,000 Petition Signatures Invalidated by New York City Clerk; Petition Calls for Local Commission to Investigate 9/11

New York City – This week a New York Supreme Court referee ordered a line-by-line review of petition signatures that were declared invalid by the New York City Clerk and Board of Elections. The review is the next step in challenging the City Clerk’s rejection of the NYC CAN petition for a local independent commission to investigate 9/11 and comes after the group filed a Verified Petition/Order to Show Cause with the Supreme Court on July 29. NYC CAN originally filed the petition containing 52,000 signatures at the City Clerk’s office on June 24.

At a meeting on Thursday the Referee allotted an initial two-week period from August 10 to August 24 for the signature recount and review process. NYC CAN has assembled a staff to begin recounting the already validated signatures and reviewing each of the 24,664 invalidated signatures against an April 2009 Board of Elections database of registered voters. All disputed signatures will be made part of a Bill of Particulars and presented to the referee for review.

The NYC CAN petition was rejected by the City Clerk on Friday, July 24, who validated 26,003 signatures – 3,997 shy of the benchmark minimum of 30,000 signatures of qualified voters prescribed in the applicable Home Rule Law.

If the threshold of 30,000 qualified electors is reached as a result of the recount, lawyers for the petitioners and the City will argue the fine points of the Home Rule Law and Election Law in a later proceeding. If the courts rule in favor of the petitioners and validates the Petition, the City Council is compelled to vote on whether to put the referendum before the voters this November. If the Council votes against it, the Home Rule Law allows NYC CAN to submit another 15,000 signatures to move the question directly to the voters in November.

Paralleling the recount, NYC CAN is actively lobbying members of the City Council who can of their own volition independently work with the petition to establish the proposed independent commission. Each member of City Council will be presented with a copy of a documentary film, 9/11 Press for Truth, which tells the story of the 9/11 family members who were betrayed by the 9/11 Commission in its failure to answer most of the questions posed by the 9/11 families. NYC CAN is calling upon its supporters to continue the flood of phone calls City Council has seen over the past two weeks.

“One day our elected officials will have to accept it is our right – not a privilege – to get a real investigation into the death of our loved ones”, said Donna Marsh O’Connor, mother of Vanessa Lang Langer, who died on September 11th.

Thinkers think and talkers talk. Patriots ACT.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: