FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The War You Don't See (15) + Introduction by John Pilger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kookomula
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: The War You Don't See (15) + Introduction by John Pilger Reply with quote

The War You Don't See is the first film for four years from BAFTA and Emmy winning filmmaker John Pilger.

The film's Premiere at the Barbican precedes an extraordinary combined television and cinematic showing on 13 & 14 Dec. This is a groundbreaking work about the media's role in both the reporting and making of war during the 20th century and today in Afghanistan and Iraq.

John Pilger asks 'Do journalists beat the drums of war, then normalise the unthinkable?'

http://www.barbican.org.uk/film/event-detail.asp?ID=11574
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Pilger's books and exposes of the high crimes of the US, UK, Australia and Israel down through the years in places like Cambodia, Timor and Palestine. They fundamentally shaped my deep cynicism of global politics

BUT

given his track record and high profile his silence on 9/11 and his failure to dig that little bit deeper into these high crimes has led me to question if he is for real (much as it pains me to think so)

Our course the mainstream media bang the drums of war (DOH), but the limited hangouts of prominent anti-war journalists and 'darlings of the left' like Pilger, Naomi Klein and Chomsky et al hide these war-mongering whores from the truly difficult questions and so make this war propaganda so much easier
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: