FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Television Licence Threatening Letters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Other Controversies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fish5133
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Television Licence Threatening Letters Reply with quote

Just an update on the TV Licence "dodging" game. Not a problem as i dont have a TV but i thought I would just keep ignoring their letters addressed to "the occupier" at my new home. Almost a year now in my new home and the collection of letters is growing each getting progressively more intimidating. Apparently I have missed the inspector calling a couple of times (how sad) only to find his card upon my mat. Kids have strict instructions not to let him in.
Think I am now on my second "Official warning " letter and that they have opened an investigation Laughing

Whats interesting is i think they may be using up old stationary as the various letters are not consistant. Some just referring to watching a television and others listing televisions colour or black and white (can you still get B+W TVs?) computers, mobile phones, game consoles,digi box or dvd/vhs recorder or anything else? to watch TV (as its being televised) YOU NEED A LICENCE!

Non response to their "Official Warning " letter will result in their Enforcement Division scheduling a visit. Now this is the laughable thing--they have to catch you watching television on one of the above devices and even then its only a "could be prosecuted" As if you are going to invite them in to watch you watching TV. A simple notice on my door saying if you are from the TV licensing Enforcement Division Please leave my property otherwise you will be committing trespass should be adequate

Thankfully there is no legal obligation for me to respond to any of their letters so this one will just be ignored- helps keep our posties in a job- but sorry guys if they put the cost onto your next licence.

outsider
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote them a rather nasty letter, the gist of which was 'I understand how upset you must be that so many people are refusing to pay your 'Licence', but please desist form sending me your begging letters.
I do not watch TV, especially the Peadophile protecting, Jane Standley 'crystal ball' gazing predictor of Building 7's 9/11 collapse (she got her timing wrong, it didn't fall for another 20 minutes odd), Truth denying, 'Golden Handshake' backscratching, UK Establishment Propaganda Arm, and generally B.S. 'entertaining', 'informing', 'educational' baloney machine that is the BBC. The other channels are not far behind.'

They haven't bothered me since!

fish5133
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

outsider wrote:
I wrote them a rather nasty letter, the gist of which was 'I understand how upset you must be that so many people are refusing to pay your 'Licence', but please desist form sending me your begging letters.
I do not watch TV, especially the Peadophile protecting, Jane Standley 'crystal ball' gazing predictor of Building 7's 9/11 collapse (she got her timing wrong, it didn't fall for another 20 minutes odd), Truth denying, 'Golden Handshake' backscratching, UK Establishment Propaganda Arm, and generally B.S. 'entertaining', 'informing', 'educational' baloney machine that is the BBC. The other channels are not far behind.'

Jolly good Outsider. That's telling them. I may steal some of your statements if I ever can be bothered replying. Still getting them on a fortnightly basis.. Latest one is titled something like "Things you need to know if we take you to court"

They only give 2 options "Buy a tv licence....." or "Tell us why you don't need one..." . I prefer my 3rd option. "totally ignore them..."

I am not sure if they can actually take "the Legal Occupier" to court.
In this darkening world I need alittle light relief once a fortnight. God bless em

outsider

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish5133 wrote:
outsider wrote:

Jolly good Outsider. That's telling them. I may steal some of your statements if I ever can be bothered replying. Still getting them on a fortnightly basis.. Latest one is titled something like "Things you need to know if we take you to court"

They only give 2 options "Buy a tv licence....." or "Tell us why you don't need one..." . I prefer my 3rd option. "totally ignore them..."

I am not sure if they can actually take "the Legal Occupier" to court.
In this darkening world I need alittle light relief once a fortnight. God bless em

It's up to you, but you might get some sort of sanction from our 'Justice System'. They might argue, why did you not reply?

fish5133
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They might argue, why did you not reply?

1) I don't have to

2) my name is not Legal Occupier so I don't like opening other peoples mail.

3) I like to keep the postman in a job

4) I desperately want to meet a TV Licence Enforcement Officer--ive read and seen so much about them on you tube its one of the things listed on my bucket list. I am hoping they will thank me for helping to keep them in a job.

Wink Wink

outsider

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish5133 wrote:
Quote:
They might argue, why did you not reply?

1) I don't have to

2) my name is not Legal Occupier so I don't like opening other peoples mail.

3) I like to keep the postman in a job

4) I desperately want to meet a TV Licence Enforcement Officer--ive read and seen so much about them on you tube its one of the things listed on my bucket list. I am hoping they will thank me for helping to keep them in a job.

Wink Wink

I've now been getting the same letters you got since at least last September, and like you, I have totally ignored them.
They tell me they have 'opened up an investigation' - good for them.

Anything new with your case?

outsider

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE BLACKLIST IN ROOM 105:
http://www.cambridgeclarion.org/press_cuttings/mi5.bbc.page9_obs_18aug 1985.html

I've heard there's a rumour going rounnd that the Beeb has a few companies of SAS seconded as 'Enforcers'; maybe nothing in it... Laughing

fish5133
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just an update..they are still sending threatening letters 9 years on and have changed their OM.. Now my house has been assigned a code number, followed by the usual threat of them sending Enforcers around. Think i can hold out till they scrap the licence fee completely....
outsider

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've been sending them to me for years, as well, virtually monthly.
outsider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish5133 wrote:
just an update..they are still sending threatening letters 9 years on and have changed their OM.. Now my house has been assigned a code number, followed by the usual threat of them sending Enforcers around. Think i can hold out till they scrap the licence fee completely....

Ha, ha! They've now come up with a new trick, posting a red and white card through my door, titled: Not in? By Hand; (I hope not in public outside my door!); Read Information Inside (there was no information inside, it was just a two-sided card); Phone Number:
Then three items ticked: Urgent request required; Telephone Lines open etc.;
Website available 24hrs.
Please Contact Us ASAP.
But they craftily did not say who they were on the card, as they know by now I would just ignore them.

However, I guessed, and the with the return postcode (Darlington DL 98 1AT) I was able to be sure.
Another bit of trickery: the card says it was delivered by hand, and so it was - by the postman! Seeing as the card clearly states delivered by Royal Mail.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Other Controversies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: