FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AVAAZ in trouble!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Bigger Picture
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outsider
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: AVAAZ in trouble!!!! Reply with quote

Yuck a duck sideways, AVAAZ under attack, already? Yours truly suspects this is a 'False Flag' credibility ploy, like the one (I suspect) of the Labour Party's 'catch' of the ex-South African Apartheid campaigner (his name escapes me, but miraculously he failed to get 'dealt with' by the very efficient BOSS, and surfaced in the UK only to be 'framed' for a Post Office robbery, which was easily disproved.
Restoring his Street Cred'? Yep, that's what I suspect.
And of course, AVAAZ is currently under deep suspicion by truthers with an ounce of sense, so Bingo!; just like the ex-Apartheid (later right-wing Labour member of the then Labour Government), they are 'under attack' from the Establishment!!
Hmmm, one smells a rat.
Here is their appeal:

Right now, the Avaaz website is under massive attack. An expert is telling us that an attack this large is likely coming from a government or large corporation, with massive, simultaneous and sophisticated assaults from across the world to take down our site.

We were expecting this. Our people-powered campaigning has been fearless, and we've taken on the world's worst actors head-on, in ways that genuinely hurt them - from the Syrian and Chinese regimes to Rupert Murdoch, Big Oil and organized crime. The Syrian dictatorship called our campaigner 'the most dangerous man in the world', and a UK inquiry recently revealed emails between Murdoch's news corporation and top levels of government saying the Avaaz campaign against Murdoch was their biggest concern. Sometimes I lie awake at night wondering when these people are going to come after us.

And it's begun. Because of top-notch security, our site is still up, but it's not enough. We need to show these actors that when they attack Avaaz, they're messing with people. And people-power can't be intimidated or silenced, it only grows stronger. Click below to donate to an Avaaz defence fund to take our security to the next level, and show our attackers that whatever they throw at us only makes us stronger:

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/massive_attack_on_avaaz_a/?vl

National authorities have been alerted to the attack. But we urgently need the defence fund to help us:
rapidly build industrial-scale security so that no attack can stop us campaigning
hire top hackers and technologists to manage our systems, defend us and test our defences
increase the physical security of our most vulnerable staff in places like Lebanon and Russia
take a range of other actions to improve our technology and security
Avaaz is a lightning rod that channels voices from across the world, from incredibly brave Tibetan, Russian and Syrian demonstrators risking everything for their freedom, to Bolivian indigenous communities saving their forest from being chopped in half. These people face intense danger, and repelling this attack is just another front in their and our struggle for democracy.

Millions of us have campaigned to keep corporations and governments from censoring and controlling the web. Now one of them is trying to censor us. So far, we're still standing, and our amazing member-funded systems mean that we can run this appeal for support safely and securely. But our campaigning is under real threat. We need to act, and show that these tactics only make us stronger:

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/massive_attack_on_avaaz_a/?vl

Avaaz can stand up to governments and corporations only because all of our strength, legitimacy, and funding comes from people, and people alone. We don't accept money - any money - from governments, corporations, foundations, or even large individual donors. It's extremely rare among large civil society organizations today, but 100% of our money comes from small online donations, and we don't accept gifts over 5000 Euros from anyone. That's why we're independent, and that's why we're a threat to those who put power before people. Let's keep being a threat.

With hope and determination,

Ricken and the whole Avaaz team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Bigger Picture All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: