FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

British ex-soldier sets up charity for disabled children

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cem
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: British ex-soldier sets up charity for disabled children Reply with quote

Belfast Telegraph, 2 April 2013

Belfast Telegraph, 2 April 2013 (page 4)

Lance Corporal Bryan Phillips visiting a school in Northern Ireland to raise awareness for his
children's charity Stride With Pride

______________________________________________________________________ ____

"Inspiring": Double-amputee British ex-soldier sets up charity for disabled children

Propaganda alert

compiled by Cem Ertür

2 April 2013

excerpts from: Inspiring

by Victoria O'Hara, Belfast Telegraph, 2 April 2013

Quote:
A BRAVE Northern Ireland soldier — who was technically dead for a minute after losing both legs in a Taliban attack — has told of his remarkable efforts to turn his life around and inspire others. […]

Less than 10 months ago Irish Guardsman Bryan Phillips (27) was left a double amputee by horrific injuries suffered when he was caught in an attack while on patrol in Afghanistan. […] But in a miraculous turnaround, the Newtownabbey (*) man has not only learned to walk again, but has also embarked on an adventurous new lifestyle […] “Through the Help For Heroes I’ve been skydiving, skiing. I’m also a member of the gym and driving my own car,” he said. […] The energetic former lance corporal has also established a charity called Stride With Pride which he hopes will make a real difference to the lives of disabled and disadvantaged children.

Bryan Phillips always wanted to be a soldier. After a few years as a car mechanic he knew he wanted something better — “to give something back” — and joined the [British] Army as a 19-year-old. […] And looking back on the last eight years, Bryan said he still loved his time in the Army. “I think as a little boy I always wanted to serve my country and I did it. Not many people can say they have been to Iraq or Afghanistan. […] Realistically I know that there is no job for me there, but I’m proud I joined the Army, still proud of the history I have with the Army.”

(*) Newtownabbey is a town in Northern Ireland.

From the archives:

London 2012 Paralympics: A new stage for war propaganda

by Cem Ertür, Indybay, 31 August 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: