FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Timor L'Este 'plagued by Police 'agent provocateurs''?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outsider
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: Timor L'Este 'plagued by Police 'agent provocateurs''? Reply with quote

I am perhaps jumping the gun here, but that heading is my gut reaction.
Just as here police use drug dealers as informants (and obviously turn a blind eye to their unlawful activities), it seems the Timorese Police use the 'Martial Arts Gangs'.

Houses razed in East Timor mob rampage

* August 15, 2011 10:41PM

ANGRY mobs of martial arts gang members set fire to dozens of homes
as they rampaged through an East Timorese town after one of their
number was killed in a stabbing, police said.

More than 100 houses as well as vehicles caught fire in the unrest in
Zumalai, on East Timor's southern coast on Monday, a police officer
told AFP on condition of anonymity.

He said the violence was "triggered" by the stabbing of a gang
member, who was also a police intelligence agent, in the town yesterday.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/houses-razed-in-east-ti mor-mob-rampage/story-e6frf7jx-1226115546136>http://www.heraldsun.com. au/news/breaking-news/houses-razed-in-east-timor-mob-rampage/story-e6f rf7jx-1226115546136

It will be interesting to find out if the 3 arrests were to do with the stabbing, or the razing of dozens of homes.

I campaigned for many years for East Timor (now 'Timor L'Este'), and it cost me a lot, but I have absolutely no regrets (except I could probably have done some things better).
But it galls me that not one of my previous fellow-campaigners will so much as reply to any 9/11 info I pass to them.

Meanwhile, 'back on the farm', USAID and other CIA fronts cosy up to them, and they send some of their police and troops to be trained in INDONESIA, for God's sake.

Even the Mossad would have baulked at sending it's fledgling Security Services to a resurgent Nazi Germany.

I'll pass on news when it comes along.

By the way, while the brutal Indonesian occupation was still in full swing, good 'ole Pope JPII visited both Indonesia and East Timor, and PERSONALLY GAVE THE ARCHITECT OF THE ILLEGAL INVASION AND OCCUPATION, General Benny Murdani, HOLY COMMUNION!!! I kid you not.

outsider

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timor Sea Justice Campaign:
http://www.timorseajustice.com/TSJC/introduction

'Timor Sea Justice Campaign

For various historical reasons, East Timor has never had maritime boundaries.

As a sovereign nation East Timor wants maritime boundaries and is legally entitled to have them. Unfortunately, the Australian Government has persistently refused to establish permanent maritime boundaries with East Timor in accordance with current international law.

Australia has even withdrawn its recognition of the maritime boundary jurisdiction of the International Court of Justice and the International Tribunal of the Laws of the Sea, leaving East Timor with no legal avenues to assert its rights.

The uneven negotiating positions have resulted in a series of temporary resource sharing agreements that short-change East Timor of billions of dollars worth of government royalties generated by oil and gas resources located in the Timor Sea.

Not only would permanent boundaries bring some closure to the Timorese’s long and determined struggle to become an independent and sovereign nation, but they could deliver a significant income to the second poorest country in Asia.

For example, the Greater Sunrise gas field located 100 kilomtres from East Timor’s coastline is expected to generate about $40 billion in government revenues. If boundaries were established in accordance with international law, Greater Sunrise would lie entirely within East Timor’s Exclusive Economic Zone.

The Timor Sea Justice Campaign is comprised of concerned Australians of various ages, backgrounds and political persuasion who all want our Government to give East Timor a fair go.

Specifically, we’re calling for the establishment of permanent maritime boundaries between East Timor and Australia in accordance with international law – that is, the boundary should be drawn along the median line halfway between the two countries’ coastlines.

If you would like to get involved please contact us, or even if you just want to stay informed of any developments, sign up to our mailing list here:
http://www.timorseajustice.com/TSJC/action-updates

Latest News

Protests around the world to say “Hands Off Timor’s Oil”

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Huge crowds are expected at protests this week outside Australia’s embassy in Dili, East Timor to demand that the Australian Government esta ... read more

Connect with us on Facebook >

James O'Neill

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not correct to say that East Timor has never had maritime boundaries. All countries with seas on their borders have the boundaries defined by international law. The fact that Australia does not accept the jurisdiction of the International Court (by withdrawing from that part of the UNCLOS) does not alter the legal fact.

The problem will arise when East Timor wins its case in the IC (as it surely will) and East Timor wanting to enforce the judgment. Their strongest suit is the legitimacy of their claim and the unconscionable conduct of the Australian governments (from Howard up to the present) of both major parties.

The history is actually much worse than "Outsider" writes. The Australian government bugged the East Timor Cabinet room (under the guise of an aid project) and then used that information to bully the East Timorese into a grossly unequal contract. The Foreign Minister who authorised the bugging later became a director of the company that got the contract to exploit the oil and gas resources.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: