FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nestle's Gerber GMO Babyfood

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The War On Children, Marriage and the Family
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outsider
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:57 pm    Post subject: Nestle's Gerber GMO Babyfood Reply with quote

'GERBER LIL’ CRUNCHIES':
http://www.gmofreeusa.org/food-testing/gerber-lil-crunchies/

'Gerber Lil’ Crunchies Veggie Dip Toddler Snack Full of Insecticidal GMO's -

'BACKGROUND

Babies are more vulnerable than adults because of their growing and still developing bodies. Babies consume more food per pound of body weight than adults, which exposes their tiny bodies to relatively higher levels of food borne toxins. In November 2012, The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) issued a policy statement recommending that children’s exposure to pesticides be reduced. The AAP policy states:

“Children encounter pesticides daily and have unique susceptibilities to their potential toxicity. Epidemiologic evidence demonstrates associations between early life exposure to pesticides and pediatric cancers, decreased cognitive function, and behavioral problems.” (1)

In 2015, a statement signed by over 300 industry-independent scientific researchers and scholars, titled “No scientific consensus on GMO safety”, was published in the peer reviewed journal Environmental Sciences Europe. These researchers found that there are as many research groups still raising serious concerns about the safety of a number of varieties of GM products (mainly corn and soybeans) as there are groups that cite GM crops as safe and nutritious as the respective conventional non-GM plant. The review also found that most studies concluding that GM foods were as safe and nutritious as those obtained by conventional breeding were ‘performed by biotechnology companies or associates, which are also responsible for commercializing these GM plants’. (2)

We think parents are entitled to know if they are feeding their children GMOs and pesticides so we sent Gerber Lil’ Crunchies Veggie Dip toddler snack for testing.

TEST RESULTS: GMO

GMOFreeUSA_Donate_ChangeFoodSystem_Button_Horizontal

We sent a package of Gerber Graduates Lil’ Crunchies Veggie Dip Baked Whole Grain Corn Snack to a certified lab to test for the presence of GMO material. The quantitative PCR test verified, by DNA analysis, that 100% of the corn in the Lil’ Crunchies Veggie Dip was GMO. All of the corn has been genetically engineered to be herbicide tolerant (Roundup Ready) and the corn contained DNA sequences known to be present in Bt insecticide-producing GMO corn.

Herbicide tolerant GMO corn has been linked, in industry-independent peer reviewed studies, to kidney and liver damage in laboratory animals. (3)(4)

Bt (Bacillus thuringiensis) corn produces insecticidal toxins from inside every cell of the plant that can’t be washed off. The corn is registered with and regulated by the EPA. The FDA, EPA, and USDA allowed the insecticidal GMO corn discovered in Lil’ Crunchies Veggie Dip to be commercialized without ever conducting human safety tests.

An in-vitro study found that the insecticides in this corn may be toxic to human cells (5). Feeding studies conducted on mammals found adverse effects, including immune system disturbances (6), blood biochemistry disturbances (7), male reproductive organ damage (Cool, disturbances in the functioning of the digestive system (Cool, damage to mucosal barrier of the stomach (11), hyperlipidaemia and higher blood glucose levels (12) and signs of organ toxicity (3)(4)(Cool(13). Industry claims that these insecticidal proteins are broken down in the digestive tract, yet a study found the proteins circulating in the blood of pregnant and non-pregnant women and the blood supply to fetuses (9). The research team conducting this study concluded, “Given the potential toxicity of these environmental pollutants and the fragility of the foetus, more studies are needed.” To date there has been no follow up study.

“As a physician in Hawaii I remain gravely concerned about the impact pesticides and pesticide dependent crops have on our children’s development,” said Josh Green M.D., Hawaii State Senator....'

Although Nestlé's products sold in Europe, including Gerber baby foods, are supposedto be GMO-free, Gerber is available on ebay and Amazon, and who knows where they source the product from? And of course, foods for sale in most US States don't need to be labelled.
Anyhow, Nestlé's abominable record, re promoting 'Formula Milk'; sucking up Canada's clean water for bottling, and paying peanuts for it; and pumping millions into the 'No GMO Labelling' lobby in the States, as well as selling GMO babyfoods in the States, means they are ripe candidates for another round of boycotts.
Come TTIP/CETA/TPP passing into law, we can look forward to Nestlé's Gerber GMO's here.

outsider

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be behind the times! 'Toxic Flame Retardants Are Good For You!':
http://www.ceh.org/news-events/podcasts/content/toxic-flame-retardants -are-good-for-you/
So is 'Toxic Sludge'!

To say nothing of that trail-blazing vita-nutrient, Atrazine!
'Spinning the Science on Atrazine':
http://www.prwatch.org/news/2014/04/12456/spinning-science-atrazine

It's small wonder we are such a healthy lot!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The War On Children, Marriage and the Family All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: