FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fracking Lancashire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outsider
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:35 am    Post subject: Fracking Lancashire Reply with quote

Friends of the Earth - See things differently
http://us6.campaign-archive2.com/?u=2025520aace5b8eab03720707&id=71277 ac977&e=fbba971f15

Fracking

1 February 2016

What colour do you want the gates to your local shale gas site?

That could be the limit of local people's input to decisions about fracking, according to a leaked letter written by Government Ministers. [1]

Say no to fracking.

The letter, leaked to Friends of the Earth, exposes potential plans to take decisions on fracking away from local councils and hand it to the Secretary of State by declaring fracking sites nationally significant projects.

This isn't a surprise – the Government has already said Westminster will now make the final decision on whether fracking happens in Lancashire. But if the plans in this letter were put in place, it wouldn't just be Lancashire that could have fracking forced on it, but anywhere in the country.

The Government knows this is not a popular idea – the letter says it might not want to make this change straight away, because it could be “undermining public support” for fracking.

And it goes against David Cameron's promise to listen to the voices of local people on fracking.

So now it's even more important that we don't let even one decision on fracking be taken away from local people.

Ask David Cameron not to force fracking on Lancashire, or any community that doesn't want it.

The leak comes just days before the start of the public hearing into Cuadrilla’s appeal against Lancashire County Council’s double-rejection of their fracking applications. The hearing will recommend whether the decisions are upheld, but the Government has already decided it will make the ultimate decision on this.

Tens of thousands of people have already signed our petition to David Cameron, asking him to stand by his promise that local people will have a voice in fracking applications and respect Lancashire’s democratic decision. But we need your support too if we are going to show David Cameron that this issue isn't going to go away.

Sign the petition today.

Fracking goes against everything we need to do to keep global warming under 1.5 degrees as agreed at the Paris Climate Talks.

Let’s keep up the pressure and tell Cameron that he cannot force fracking on us.

Sign the petition and stand up for local democracy.

Thank you for your support,

Anna and the fracking team

NOTES:
[1] The leaked letter was written last July and is from Amber Rudd, Greg Clark and Liz Truss to George Osborne

Share this

Facebook

Contact us Thank you for your support

outsider

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rally with Yorkshire

The battle against fracking continues.

Communities in Yorkshire are organising a rally on Saturday, 30 July from Clifford’s Tower to York Minster.

Campaign against Climate Change are arranging transport for supporters from London to attend the Yorkshire rally.

The threat of fracking still looms large in Yorkshire but thanks to the local anti-fracking movement there - alongside support from other activists nationally and internationally - the resistance continues.

Can you join them?

Local councillors in Ryedale recently ignored local opposition and granted permission to Third Energy to frack, despite over 99% of locals objecting to fracking in their area.

The council’s decision was an affront to local democracy and is now being challenged by judicial review.

Please stand with Yorkshire on July 30 to make your voice heard.

It is now more important than ever that you make your objections to fracking Yorkshire heard as loudly as possible.

Together we can stop fracking in Yorkshire and everywhere.

In solidarity,

Anna and the fracking team
#DontFrackYorkshire

outsider

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Update from Kirby Misperton : Are North Yorks Police being SET UP TO FAIL?':
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISx1sCHh8QU&feature=youtu.be

'Are Lancashire & North Yorkshire Police being SET UP to FAIL?

"North Yorkshire & Lancashire Police are being tasked with destroying the underlying trust between Police and Local Communities'; the purpose being, 'to create a motivation for CHANGE, greater than the motivation to retain the status quo'. The ultimate goal being to remove Police from 'Corporate Enforcement' duties. These 'duties' would then be privatized; with contracts being awarded to Corporations such as G4S and Serco ... who would then be granted the power of arrest and use of lethal force against Protesters".

'Powerful update from Ian R Crane with regard to the far darker agendas that surround Fracking. Some of what has been kept hidden from us can now be seen very clearly through events occurring at Fracking sites such as Kirby Misperton & Preston New Road. I have been feeling a very strong pull to assist in making visible what is occurring, hence my greater involvement. What happens over the next few weeks at Kirby Misperton in particular I feel will be very important. Any support you wish to give by attending peaceful protests, sharing updates or by sending positive energies to the protectors at these sites will help greatly appreciated.' - Emma Lawson (with thanks)'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: