FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CAAT Petition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outsider
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:33 am    Post subject: CAAT Petition Reply with quote

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

Don't let BAE off the hook - sign our statement today
CAAT is outraged by the decision of the Serious Fraud Office (SFO) to settle with BAE Systems. While BAE will be fined £30m as a result of technical infringements in Tanzania, the settlement lets it off scot-free in relation to arms deals in the Czech Republic, Romania and South Africa, just as it did regarding Saudi Arabia.

Read our press release to learn more.

CAAT is talking to its lawyers to see if there are grounds for a legal challenge to the SFO decision.

In the meantime, if you are as outraged as we are, then join us by signing our web statement. This is a great way to lend your voice to the growing outcry and to keep up with the latest developments. Please sign the statement today!

How the Government supports BAE's dodgy deals
BAE's dodgy deals couldn't have happened without the help provided over recent decades by both Conservative and Labour governments.

The support systems that promoted these sales remain in place. Today the Government is still working on behalf of BAE, and other arms companies, to promote weapons sales to unstable and repressive regimes and countries with urgent development needs. The government unit that supports these sales is UKTI DSO* which exists solely to help arms companies make deals.

While we consider how we can hold BAE to account for their past deals, please help us end the unquestioning and unjustifiable support the Government gives to arms companies today.

Visit CAAT's UKTI actions page and ask your parliamentary candidates to support our call for the closure of the government's arms sales unit.

Email Sarah for your campaign pack. If you've already ordered one, it's in the post!

The UK Trade & Investment Defence & Security Organisation. It's a mouthful, isn't it? It would be much easier if they called themselves Arms R Us...

outsider

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Let's arm Turkey. And Israel. And Saudi Arabia. And anyone else we fancy, regardless of the human rights violations they're committing...

That's the message Britain sends to the world every day, by selling arms to countless countries engaged in brutal and unjust conflicts - including 20 of the 30 countries on our government's own human rights abusers list. And in many cases, one moment we're sending someone arms - and shortly afterwards we're bombing them ourselves.

Clearly, we need a different kind of foreign policy, and a different approach to the arms trade. That's what Jeremy Corbyn has called for, and together through our campaigning we can all help bring about.

Here's 2 quick things you can do for that right now:

1. Share our arms trade video with your friends

2. Chip in £5 to help us reach more people

I'll watch and share on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/PeoplesMomentum/videos/625707381107986/
I'll chip in to spread the message

For too long, British arms sales have fuelled conflicts across the globe. It's time to end the hypocrisy.

In Solidarity,
Team Momentum

http://momentum.nationbuilder.com/

Momentum is funded entirely by membership fees and donations from thousands of supporters across the UK.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: