FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

State Funded Muslim Schools

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iftikhar
Last Chance Saloon
Last Chance Saloon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: State Funded Muslim Schools Reply with quote

State Funded Muslim Schools

British schooling has been mis-educating and de-educating Muslim children for the last 50 years and for the first time the Muslim leadership openly declared that British school is a home of institutional racism where there is no place for foreign culture and languages. Institutional racism is depriving Muslim children of the chance to go to their own faith schools. It leads LEAs to reject or delay approval of Muslim schools. Policy makers like Mr. Graham Lane and others like him do not want to see even a single Muslim school in the United Kingdom. The British teachers have no respect for Islamic faith and Muslim community. Western education system can easily deprogram Muslim children and force them to adopt un-Islamic values. Let the Muslim parents decides how and where to educate their children. According to MORI social research institute on behalf of Bristol LEA, nine out of ten Muslim parents agreed with the model of an Islamic secondary school set up within the state system. I rejected British schooling for Muslim children in the early 70s.

A child who has English as a second language is seen as having a special need – not as having a skill to be lauded from the rooftops. Bilingual children think in different way. Language has a profound effect in shaping the ways people think and act. Certain concepts are embedded in words that do not translate. There are repertoires of phrases which exist in Arabic or Urdu because there is no English equivalent. State schools are slaughter houses and are not suitable for bilingual Muslim children. Muslim children in the UK may lose out when they join reception classes because the school’s values and language reflect those of the dominant native culture, rather than those of their home. Almost all recent research literature agrees that if you want children whose home language is not English to excel in English –medium schools, it is important to nurture and acknowledge that first language along side their English development. Cultivating bilingualism could and should promote pupil’s linguistic development. Muslim children need bilingual Muslim teachers as role models.

Taxpayers’ money spent on schools should be handed to parents as vouchers to be used for their children’s education as they wished. Funds may be given to parents to set up their own schools. Lady Uddin argues strongly for the benefits of faith-based schooling, rejecting claims made in reports on the 2001 riots in Oldham, Burnley and Bradford that polarised schooling contributed to community division. Culturally separate groups, communities and institutions do not have to be the causes of social instability. There are hundreds of state schools where Muslim pupils are in majority, all such schools may be designated as Muslim community schools to be managed and controlled by Muslim Educational Trust and Charities.
Iftikhar Ahmad
www.londonschoolofislamics.org.uk
spiv
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:54 am    Post subject: This is Britain Reply with quote

As a 53 year old professional indigenous British male, who has been a taxpayer for many years, I see no argument whatsoever as to why there should be "Muslim" schools. Britain has, for hundreds of years, been a Christian country, and it is high time that believers in the Muslim faith respect and understand the traditional customs and faiths of this country.

School is to teach educational and practical skills to children, not to teach religion. That is for the church to teach.

I cannot agree with your arguments at all.
Iftikhar
Last Chance Saloon
Last Chance Saloon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: State Funded Muslim Schools Reply with quote

The demand for state funded Muslim schools is in accordance with the law of the land. Muslims are paying all sorts of taxes and they are less burden on the social services. British schools have been failing majority of Muslim children for the last 50 years. Majority of them were and still unable to go for higher studies and research to serve humanity. The reason is that state schools could not able to teach standard English to follow the National Curriculum. They were and still are victim of bullying and racism in schools. State schools are not in a position to teach them Arabic and Urdu languages so that can keep in touch with their cultural roots and enjoy the beauty of Arabic and Urdu literature and poetry. Bilingualism is an asset and not a problem.
spiv
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Law of the land Reply with quote

I don't know whether or not it is the law of the land, but assuming this policy is, that does not necessarily mean that I, as an indigenous British citizen, have to agree with it. If I move to any country in the world, I respect their customs and beliefs, and do not seek for my own culture and values to override theirs. Islam doctrines have made it quite clear that it intends to 'take over the world'!!! Islamists have recently and notably demonstated over the rather silly Danish Cartoons, and Muslims make it very clear how they view our faiths and cultures.

May I ask you one question, what would be the reaction of Muslim countries, such as Saudi Arabia for example, if I were to go to their countries and demand that the taxpayers pay for "Christian" schools??
blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lived in Saudi Arabia for years and I can tell you that you run the risk of Jail for wearing a crucifix so I think the idea of Christian schools is a no-no. All religions are junk. There should be no state funding for any of them. Its as absurd as a Muslim Fire brigade or a Christian coal mine. Religious indoctrination should take place at the victim's home.
Dog
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

couldn't agree more, Blackcat.

"We reach out and pray
To a deaf, dumb and blind God who never explains."

The sooner this bs is dispensed with, the sooner we'll have peace.

Any argument to the contrary fills my throat with bile.
insidejob
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Law of the land Reply with quote

Spiv,

spiv wrote:
I don't know whether or not it is the law of the land, but assuming this policy is, that does not necessarily mean that I, as an indigenous British citizen, have to agree with it. If

Islam doctrines have made it quite clear that it intends to 'take over the world'!!! Islamists have recently and notably demonstated over the rather silly Danish Cartoons, and Muslims make it very clear how they view our faiths and cultures.??

Whether you agree with Muslim schools are not is irrelevant. Muslims have to pay taxes and if they want Muslim schools there's no reason why they shouldn't have it. Not unless, you are going to pay some of their taxes back.

there may be an argument about having no religious schools, but given there are religious schools, there are no reasons for banning Muslim schools.

As for this "take over the world" nonsense!!! European Christianity has gone hand in hand with imperialism, which was about taking over the world. In doing so, it has promoted genocide and slavery. But as far as you are concerned, Islam is the problem.

Let's not get into the paraniod rantings about fundamentalist Islam destroying Western civilization.
spiv
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: "Take over the world nonsense"??? Reply with quote

Insidejob, don't give me your rhetoric, it is clear that Islam wishes to be the predominate religion in the world. Is this not what the Prophet Mohammed extols?? Do these images not mean anything?? http://www.faithfreedom.org/Gallery/29.htm

This gallery is what Islam seems to stand for. Absolutely shocking, isn't it!!! http://www.faithfreedom.org/gallery.htm
scar
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackcat wrote:
All religions are junk. There should be no state funding for any of them. Its as absurd as a Muslim Fire brigade or a Christian coal mine. Religious indoctrination should take place at the victim's home.

George wrote:
The sooner this bs is dispensed with, the sooner we'll have peace.

I agree.

I guess this sounds crazy to those who have been brought up in a faith but I firmly believe that all religions were set up by the elite to divide humankind and for social control. Taking the awareness of a power we are all connected to in the same way and perverting it into setting cultures up to fight each other. Perhaps they were essential at the time for social order but nowadays it is all too clear to me that humans ought to move beyond monotheism and evolve together as one.
This mass deference to a force outside oneself to the point of denying ones own power and divinity whilst focusing on how everyone else is going to hell for being ignorant of 'the truth' really saddens me. I cannot see how the human race will find unity and peace whilst these mind control systems rule people so totally. Religious folk deny they feel that about non-believers (politically correct to do so) but if pressed in private that is what they really believe...they have to.

I dont agree with tarring all muslims with the same extremist brush. Im sure someone could easily find some equally fanatical christian photos to counter those just posted.
Round and round we go...
Christianity has had a good go at crusades/domination itself (more than any other religion by far). That is the nature of the controlling arrogant influence of monotheism and how it has been used throughout history.

Its all bloody sad, i hope we can evolve beyond it all and unite. We have to in order to beat these psychopaths who rule us.
They want a clash of civilisations and monotheism has always been one of their best tools to achieve this. Secularisation in the west may explain the need for an increase in falseflag activities perhaps?

We are all the same inside. Polarisation and segregation can only lead to further problems. IMO.

George wrote:
Any argument to the contrary fills my throat with bile.

I think thats the funniest comment ive read on here. I dunno why exactly. Laughing

spiv
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Religous dissent Reply with quote

Scar, I agree to some extent with you. I am not particularly religous myself, but acknowledge that I live in a Christian country. Indeed, some of my family and friends are very religous.

However, living in a Christian country allows me the freedom to choose whether I practice a religion or not. Islam allows no dissenters.

And still no Muslim has answered my question posed above - what would be the reaction of Muslim countries, such as Saudi Arabia for example, if I were to go to their countries and demand that the taxpayers pay for "Christian" schools??
blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And still no Muslim has answered my question posed above - what would be the reaction of Muslim countries, such as Saudi Arabia for example, if I were to go to their countries and demand that the taxpayers pay for "Christian" schools??

At a minimum jailed then expelled. Possibly execution. They don't take kindly to dissent in "fundamentalist" countries. I saw a video of men being stoned to death in Iran for adultery and others having limbs cut off for stealing. One man had a hand and then a foot cut off ...oh, and btw they take things literally so no quick chop - they cut. Slower and more painful that way but hey - that's what the Koran says apparently.

As someone who has had no children can I have all my taxes back that have been used for schools and family allowance? And as someone who disagrees with the Iraq war can I have my money back that pays the soldiers etc. etc. etc.....
sonic
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I remind everyone that this is a forum for 911 truth seeking and research.

I didn't think it was a forum for arguing about religion for goodness sake.

Please give it a rest Sad

Peace,

Sonic
blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sonic wrote:

Peace,

Sonic

Blame Iftikhar for starting it. There is a connection anyway as Muslims are being demonized throughout the west as perpetrators of 9/11 and there is a call for giving some protection by segregation into separate Muslim schools. Wrong move imho.
Mission911
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackcat wrote:
sonic wrote:

Peace,

Sonic

Blame Iftikhar for starting it. There is a connection anyway as Muslims are being demonized throughout the west as perpetrators of 9/11 and there is a call for giving some protection by segregation into separate Muslim schools. Wrong move imho.
Jane
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: What's the opposite of the New World Order? Reply with quote

I've just found this little film below whilst looking for another - the one below it. When the Hells Angel chap mentioned that the boys from Leeds had been reading/watching work by Harun Yahya whom he claimed was "promoting terrorism" I had to laugh as I came across his work recently. Like David Icke, it is basically saying that we live "In The Matrix" it makes me feel that we are up against is the material world itself! This probably sounds quite bonkers!

I seem to be coming up against this message over and over again, and the fact that I get so upset (and nasty one trcent occassion - I can only say I'm sorry again, Scar) and frustrated at times is that I do feel so trappedd in "The Matrix" or whatever it is - whilst whils receiving little glimpses now and then that there is "another reality" going on which is much better than this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TiIwivBIvI&search=the%20secret%20beyon d%20matter

http://www.harunyahya.com/m_video_detail.php?api_id=1271

Romans 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

http://www.wytruth.org.uk/
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent finds Jane, thankyou

Iftikhar doesnt make it clear if the intial post was written by him or not: I suspect a cut n paste, but I'll go with the assumption that he agrees with the views

Religion as the basis for a school curriculum is a bad idea: regardless of the religion. We need schools to provide a common framework we can all agree on: Religion has never been able to do that. Faith and cultural tradition is the role of family: an open mind might wonder in what ways the state taking over the responsibility of providing that teaching from parents has weakened society over the last 100 years. Whilst I dont agree with the assertation that muslim schools are the way forward for the Muslim community, its all to easy to understand why that appears to be an attractive solution. Comparisons with other cultures are equally easy to make, but not truly relevant: however things are done in Saudi Arabia, the issue is how Britons who happen to be Muslims can school or not school their children. Theres a lot of things that happen in lots of places i'd rather not see happen here: some of them involve fanatical christianity.

Its also clear (and saddening) how the insidious tendrils of a pro-christian school life has subtely shaped and structured the thinking of many of the other comments on this thread

Where we have all been let down is by the incompletness of all our educations. Ive learned more as an adult than I ever did as a child, and I suspect many of us could say the same. A particular point of significance in religous history is the merging of the diverse groups of early chrisitanity with the trappings and structure of the Sol Invinctus cult that grew into Roman Catholicism. Without that unhappy blending, Islam and Chrisitianity could very well be considered to be the same: what a mockery all our manufactured fears are

A particular research point to illustrate the above is with the Roman Catholic insitance that authority lies not with the scripture, but with the church: and its definition as heresy of questioning the same

One might wonder at the insistance on Sun-day as the day of rest instead of the scriptually perscribed Saturday. Herein lies the schism that led to protestantism and the fundamental (irreconcilable) difference of opinion betwen Roman Catholisim (Roman universal Religion) and Seventh Day Adventists: a clue to where and how the church of Rome derived its authority

The essential tragedy of all religion is how easily we all are manipulated when we place our attention with outside temporal authorites to define our connection to our creator, when all the guidance man ever needed is provided by his own soul

If we knew to do that, this "problem" would not exist

Jane
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:26 am    Post subject: "Religion" Reply with quote

This is the kind of crazy place "religion" can take you to (although I can be quite "crazy" myself, I know!):

Quote:
On Saturday, February 1, 2003, I lifted my hands to begin praying and the Lord spoke to me. He said, "Roy, what is your judgment as to whether the USA should go to war with Iraq?" I answered that it was unimportant what I thought, but I wanted to know whether the God the Father's direction was to go to war or not go to war. If He said go to war, then that is my opinion, and if He said to not go to war then that would be my opinion in the matter.

The Lord said, "What if I said, do not go to war with Iraq?" I said, "Then I would be against going to war even though I know that there is evidence that Iraq is directly involved with terrorism."

Then the Lord said, "What if I said to go to war with Iraq?" I said, "Then I would be completely for the war with Iraq."

The Father then said, "I am saying to go to war with Iraq

(found on an American website about "Prophecy"!!!).

I have a sneaky feeling though that true Islam is really about surrendering one's ego and becoming one - if this Oneness were to be called Allah, if we could all live in peace and love then I wouldn't mind.

This guy (the below, not the one above!) seems to have some interesting ideas to me - but his website may not appeal to everyone:

Quote:
Humanity is on an evolutionary journey, and the critical goal at this time is to come to a new level of emotional maturity, and bring the heart into its rightful place, which is being awake and in charge. Mystical sources have long stated that all emotions are aspects of love energy, which is what God is, and it is the energy that has created this universe, and all of Creation. Emotions can be seen as aspects of love, and rigidly (fearfully) holding onto any of them is where we get into trouble. Embracing all emotional states at once reduces it all to love. That is partly what Jesus was all about: demonstrating the power of love. With love, anything is possible, in terms we can barely glimpse. Love can move mountains, because mountains are love, as are we.

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/energy.htm#greatest

Worth having a look!

Romans 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

http://www.wytruth.org.uk/
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately.

Reminds me of Saint Bill (Hicks)

Leiff
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of religion has been hijacked by the New World Order to fool people into accepting world government.

They are keen for religion to be taught in schools so as to brainwash and indoctrinate the youth with these concepts that are useful to the New World Order's diabolic plans for a world government.

E.G.

Armageddon prophesy

The second coming of Christ

A kingdom of God on Earth.

IMHO

Any armageddon will be caused by the New World Order.

Any second coming of Christ will in fact be the Anti-Christ.

The only kingdom of God is in Heaven - a non-physical kingdom.

The New World Order are blasphemous Pharisees who have subverted our religions for their own twisted purposes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: