FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lloyds Bristol £1bn fraud, Avon & Somerset police idle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Banksters' Pre-Planned Economic Warfare - Global Financial Conspiracy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject: Lloyds Bristol £1bn fraud, Avon & Somerset police idle Reply with quote

Noel Edmonds' Facebook rant at Avon and Somerset police after losing millions
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/facebook-noel-edmonds- police-scam-2514356
The I'm a Celebrity star has had a swipe at the police
By Adam Postans
6 FEB 2019
Victims of an alleged multi-million pound banking scam, including TV star Noel Edmonds, have accused Avon & Somerset Police of a cover-up involving “bent coppers”.

They accused Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) Sue Mountstevens of failing to hold the force to account following a “corrupt” investigation, at a heated public meeting on Tuesday (February 5).

In a written statement to the police and crime panel, Mr Edmonds claimed there had been “systemic criminality” at Lloyds Banking Group headquarters in Bristol and widespread “collusion” to conceal it, amid allegations the company forced businesses to close in order to recover millions of pounds in loans and fees.

Bristol TV star Noel Edmonds has spoken of his suicide attempt in the past (Image: Tim Ireland/PA Wire)
READ MORE
Inside Noel Edmonds' £2.6m mansion for sale while he's in the I'm A Celebrity jungle
Lloyds set aside £100million in compensation for victims of a major fraud at HBOS, which it subsequently took over, but has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing regarding its Bristol operations.

Corrupt financiers from HBOS in Reading were jailed in 2017 for the £245million loans scam which destroyed numerous businesses, including the former Deal or No Deal host’s firm Unique Group.

Despite an offer by Thames Valley PCC Anthony Stansfeld to assist its investigations, Avon & Somerset Police declined and insisted it had found no evidence of crime at Lloyds in Bristol.

But after an appeal for help by victims, backed by Mr Edmonds, the police and crime panel has now agreed to launch its own inquiry.

The celebrity posted a video on Facebook of the eve of the meeting calling for the watchdogs to intervene.

He has spoken openly in the past about how his firm went under, leading to him attempting suicide.

One victim, Trevor Mealham, from Kent, told the panel at Weston Town Hall that Avon & Somerset fraud officers had effectively investigated themselves.

He said: “This is very, very corrupt. You’ve got bent coppers.

READ MORE
Why Lloyds Bank mortgage scheme to help people buy first home without deposit is not all it seems

“We want to know why your fraud investigators never see criminality. There are detectives who aren’t doing their job.

“Mrs Mountstevens doesn’t know her role. Her job is to uphold her oath to hold the police to account.

“We either want police officers arrested or for people to be held to their oath and their public duty to stand down.”

Panel member Councillor Afzal Shah said: “In terms of the Serious Fraud Office and National Crime Agency, having looked at all the evidence they’ve not deemed that there is a case here.”

Noel Edmonds and wife Elizabeth at Monaco Formula One Grand Prix (Image: Clive Mason/Getty Images)
But the panel promised to investigate, with Cllr Mark Shelford telling Mr Mealham: “We will take away both your statement and the background evidence we’ve got so for and make a deliberation in private.

“However, initial research into this suggests that I’m very sympathetic to your case.

“I think there are questions to answer and I would be keen to ask the office of the commissioner if we could have access to the police branch that did the investigation and talk to those officers to bottom out some of these questions.”

READ MORE
Noel Edmonds slams claims in The Sun he's leaving UK after being 'crushed' by I'm A Celeb

Ms Mountstevens said: “The police have considered the allegations and found there is no evidence of a criminal offence.

“The National Crime Agency has also investigated extensively.

“I’ve had assurances from the Chief Constable that the police will continue to evaluate any correspondence from individuals who are unhappy with the outcomes, and wherever new evidence is received the police will investigate it.”

In his statement, Mr Edmonds said: “The evidence I’ve amassed concurs… that there has been a deliberate cover-up of systemic criminality by Lloyds Bank employees in Bristol headquarters.

READ MORE
Noel Edmonds

Saving woman from suicide

'Attempted to commit suicide’

'Cancer caused by negative attitude'

Messages for kids before suicide attempt
“Furthermore, I’ve seen evidence which strongly suggests the criminal behaviour has been conducted on an industrial scale and involves the collusion of other authorities in the Avon & Somerset territory.

“I understand that Avon & Somerset (Police) claims to have investigated certain aspects of the alleged criminality.

“However, in view of the extent and seriousness of the alleged fraudulent activity and the claims by MPs and Anthony Stansfeld that Avon & Somerset are, for whatever reason, failing to investigate Lloyds Bank with the same diligence and determination as Thames Valley, all Lloyds victims call upon the Avon & Somerset police and crime panel to pressurise the PCC into initiating a full investigation of Lloyds Bristol headquarters.”

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HBOS bankers jailed for £245m fraud but still no compensation for victims

Link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-phSlJTKqL4
You can view my blog here: https:imincorrigible.wordpress.com
My other YouTube channels search for: "Still Incorrigible" & "Incorrigible Forever"

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watchdog to grill head of police in Lloyds Bank fraud probe
Avon and Somerset Constabulary is accused of failing to investigate an alleged bank fraud
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/watchdog-grill-head-po lice-lloyds-2645906
By Adam Postans - 14:24, 14 MAR 2019

Police watchdogs will grill the elected head of Avon and Somerset Constabulary at a showdown next week into “failures” by the force to investigate an alleged multi-million pound banking scam, whose victims include TV star Noel Edmonds .

The meeting was announced as campaigners handed members of the police and crime panel a dossier of evidence they claim shows “criminality” at Lloyds Bank headquarters in Bristol.

Victims accuse police and crime commissioner (PCC) Sue Mountstevens of failing to hold the force to account by not ensuring it carried out a thorough investigation amid allegations of a “cover-up” by officers.

Last month, panel members, who scrutinise the PCC’s actions, agreed to launch an inquiry into the complaints after Mr Edmonds alleged in a written statement there had been “systemic criminality” at Lloyds Banking Group and widespread “collusion” to conceal it.

READ MORE
Noel Edmonds' Facebook rant at Avon and Somerset police after losing millions

The company, which has consistently denied the claims, is accused of “criminal asset stripping” and forcing businesses to close in order to recover millions of pounds in loans and fees.

At the panel’s latest meeting on March 12, victims said the scam, called bait-and-switch, hoodwinked them into taking out loans against their homes and some of the transactions were made fraudulently by “corrupt” bankers using customers’ incorrect personal details, including wrong dates of birth.

Sue Mountstevens (Image: Michael Lloyd)
A statement by one victim, Alan Richards, said: “Avon & Somerset’s PCC has failed to secure sufficient funding for economic crime, knowing full well the high level of complaints against Lloyds Bank and Bristol BSU (Business Support Unit).

“We now have over 200 cases of criminality by Lloyds Bank.”

'It’s our money and we’ve been robbed'
Another, Mike McGrath, told members: “Thames Valley’s PCC has said there’s more alleged fraud at Lloyds Bank in Bristol than there was at HBOS in Reading.

“An investigation should be started immediately.

“The two victims, out of the 200, who were investigated by Avon and Somerset Police were told there was no fraud.

“That position has drastically changed given the evidence of the victims and should be re-investigated.”

READ MORE
First ever shared bank for Natwest, Lloyds and Barclays to open in Bristol

Lloyds customer Bryan Henderson told the panel: “There is a loan in my name and it’s held with a charge on my house.

“I’ve never had that loan. It has the wrong date of birth. That’s not me.

“This is all getting out of hand. You’ve got to pick up the gauntlet.”

He said people had taken their own lives because of the stress it had caused.

“It’s our money and we’ve been robbed. These people need to go to prison,” Mr Henderson added.

Another victim, Trevor Mealham, said: “I have evidence showing criminality of bankers involving a £250,000 loan I never had, yet the police don’t seem interested.

“My home is at risk. We want something done now.

“I don’t feel I can trust sending evidence to Mrs Mountstevens.

“Will someone take it and submit it to the police?”

READ MORE
Noel Edmonds hopes I'm A Celebrity will boost battle with Lloyds bank and 'cockroach' chief exec

Panel acting chairman Councillor Mark Weston replied: “You’re a complainant so yes, we can take that.

“We are meeting with the commissioner on March 22.

“We have had correspondence from several members of the public which will help inform the inquiry we will be doing.

“That’s our first port of call. We don’t have the authority to force the police to reopen an investigation.

“We can make sure the PCC is ensuring a robust investigation and look at what she is doing.”

Mr Mealham asked Ms Mountstevens if anything was laid out in the force’s police and crime plan to “look at corrupt bankers at Lloyds BSU”.

She replied: “That’s a very valid question. I would say I don’t believe the constabulary is fully funded.

“I will respond to your question specifically in writing.

“I’m looking forward to meeting with the panel on March 22.”

Mr Mealham told her: “It’s no good saying you haven’t got funding when it’s your job to allocate funding.”

Lloyds set aside £100million in compensation for victims of a major fraud at HBOS, which it subsequently took over, but has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing regarding its Bristol operations.

READ MORE
Suicide, curing cancer and the cosmos: The bizarre life of Noel Edmonds

Corrupt financiers from HBOS in Reading were jailed in 2017 for a £245million loans scam which destroyed numerous businesses, including Noel Edmonds’ firm Unique Group.

Despite an offer by Thames Valley PCC Anthony Stansfeld to assist its investigations, Avon & Somerset Police declined and insisted it had found no evidence of crime at Lloyds in Bristol.

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deal! Noel Edmonds 'wins £5million' from Lloyds over claims criminal bankers destroyed his business
Noel Edmonds strikes a multi-million pound compensation deal with Lloyds
The Deal or No Deal star's agreement is thought to be in the region of £5million
He claimed crooks working in the Reading branch of HBOS had wrecked his firm
By RUTH SUNDERLAND FOR THE DAILY MAIL

PUBLISHED: 00:54, 27 July 2019 | UPDATED: 08:52, 29 July 2019
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7291337/Deal-Noel-Edmonds-win s-5million-Lloyds-claims-criminal-bankers-destroyed-business.html

Noel Edmonds has struck a multi-million-pound compensation deal with Lloyds over claims that criminal bankers destroyed his business.

Mr Edmonds said that crooks working in the Reading branch of HBOS, which was bought by Lloyds in 2009, wrecked his entertainment firm, driving him to attempt suicide.

The agreement, thought to be in the region of £5million, halts a bitter clash which saw Mr Edmonds rail against Lloyds in public meetings, and even set up a website attacking its bosses.

The Deal Or No Deal star said his business Unique Group was destroyed after it fell into the clutches of Mark Dobson, an HBOS employee who was jailed for a separate fraud in 2017.

Dobson and his cronies deliberately wrecked firms and spent the proceeds on prostitutes, holidays and luxury goods, it was found, although these allegations did not relate to Mr Edmonds’ company.

The star said that by late 2004 the bank was weighing his firm down with unmanageable charges and bleeding it dry.

He was forced to sell his 36-room home in Devon as well as his collection of classic cars in a battle to stay afloat.

In 2005, the entertainer’s marriage fell apart and he attempted suicide. Dobson’s influence over the company continued to grow, Mr Edmonds claimed. HBOS then cancelled a loan agreement and the business went bust in 2007.

Mr Edmonds launched a legal claim against Lloyds two years ago, seeking as much as £100million in compensation, and began a public campaign to highlight Lloyds’ treatment of small businesses.

He set up a website railing against bosses, and accused the bank of ‘total disregard for the financial regulations and the rule of law’. A £10,000 reward was even offered for compromising information about senior executives.

Early efforts to resolve the dispute fell flat, with Mr Edmonds offered £3.6million by Lloyds last November. He turned down the proposal, calling the negotiations ‘ten hours of utter nonsense’.

The Deal Or No Deal star said his business Unique Group was destroyed after it fell into the clutches of Mark Dobson, an HBOS employee who was jailed for a separate fraud in 2017 +4
The Deal Or No Deal star said his business Unique Group was destroyed after it fell into the clutches of Mark Dobson, an HBOS employee who was jailed for a separate fraud in 2017

The two sides finally came to an agreement this week after months of secret talks. Mr Edmonds is thought to have secured significantly more than the £3.6million he was offered to begin with.

Based on payments to other victims of the fraudsters, it is thought likely he was given in the region of £5million.

Neither side would disclose the amount of compensation paid.

In a joint statement, the parties said: ‘Mr Edmonds and Lloyds Banking Group have reached an agreement in their dispute.

‘Lloyds Banking Group very much regrets and apologises for the distress suffered by Mr Edmonds as a result of the HBOS Reading fraud.’

RELATED ARTICLES
Previous
Next

Flop Gear! Chris Evans fails to make a list of the ten best...

Me? I'm most unambitious: It doesn't seem to have done John...
SHARE THIS ARTICLE
They added that both will support Thames Valley Police, which brought the Reading gang to justice and is still investigating.

And the sides agreed to put their trust in an independent probe led by retired judge Dame Linda Dobbs, which is investigating claims of a cover-up.

Mr Edmonds has taken down his anti-Lloyds website as part of the agreement.

Sources close to the TV star insisted this was not the end of his battle with the bank and that legal claims against it will continue.

Mr Edmonds launched a legal claim against Lloyds two years ago, seeking as much as £100million in compensation, and began a public campaign to highlight Lloyds’ treatment of small businesses +4
Mr Edmonds launched a legal claim against Lloyds two years ago, seeking as much as £100million in compensation, and began a public campaign to highlight Lloyds’ treatment of small businesses

It is thought that he will renew his action against Lloyds if the police investigation leads to further bankers being convicted.

Mr Edmonds has secured money from Therium, a litigation funding firm, to support legal action against Lloyds. It is understood this agreement remains in place.

He is also understood to remain strongly supportive of victims’ efforts to hold the lender to account.

Mr Edmonds has said that the stress caused by Unique Group’s collapse pushed him to the brink of taking his own life.

In an interview in 2017, he said: ‘HBOS had robbed me of my [second] marriage, my family, my businesses, my long-standing friend and business partner; my income, my investments, my self-respect, my reputation, my privacy, my physical and mental health. It cost me my security, my image rights, my collection of classic cars – and very nearly my life.’

The celebrity – who has branded Lloyds ‘financial terrorists’ – recalled how he wrote a letter to his wife and left recorded messages for his children before attempting suicide. Mr Edmonds was taken to the Priory Hospital in Bristol to recover.

Brave battle that means he deserves huge payout
Commentary by Ruth Sutherland, Business Editor

At first sight, Noel Edmonds’ substantial agreement with Lloyds Bank might look like yet another case of a celebrity cashing in.

Having spent hours with Noel, seeing the suffering etched on his face and hearing it in the timbre of his voice as he told me his story, it is nothing of the sort.

He deserves proper recompense for the harm done to him by a high street lender he should have been able to trust.

In parallel with his TV career, he was building a business that he was convinced could become a lucrative entertainment empire. Maybe it would have, if he had enjoyed more support from his bank.

Noel is pictured calling the 'Banker' on one of his Deal or No Deal shows. He is first and foremost a star of light entertainment. But for him and other victims who believe their firms were pillaged by the banks, this battle for justice is deadly serious +4
Noel is pictured calling the 'Banker' on one of his Deal or No Deal shows. He is first and foremost a star of light entertainment. But for him and other victims who believe their firms were pillaged by the banks, this battle for justice is deadly serious

Noel is a Marmite personality people either love or hate. But whatever you think of him, he has fought a brave battle to win justice for victims of some truly despicable behaviour by the banks.

He is not the only one to have had his life wrecked at their hands. This kind of story is replicated many times among other entrepreneurs, who say the banks squeezed them dry in the aftermath of the financial crisis.

It has never been proven that the banks pursued a deliberate policy of asset-stripping their own customers, but there are plenty of worrying individual cases.

Both Lloyds and RBS have set in train independent reviews and compensation schemes for customers.

This deal may not be the end of Noel’s fight with Lloyds but it is a major milestone.

He is first and foremost a star of light entertainment. But for him and other victims who believe their firms were pillaged by the banks, this battle for justice is deadly serious.

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Banksters' Pre-Planned Economic Warfare - Global Financial Conspiracy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: