FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Charged for quoting George Orwell in public

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TRUTH
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Charged for quoting George Orwell in public Reply with quote

In another example of the Government's draconian stance on political protest, Steven Jago, 36, a management accountant, yesterday became the latest person to be charged under the Serious Organised Crime and Police Act.

On 18 June, Mr Jago carried a placard in Whitehall bearing the George Orwell quote: "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." In his possession, he had several copies of an article in the American magazine Vanity Fair headlined "Blair's Big Brother Legacy", which were confiscated by the police. "The implication that I read from this statement at the time was that I was being accused of handing out subversive material," said Mr Jago. Yesterday, the author, Henry Porter, the magazine's London editor, wrote to Sir Ian Blair, the Metropolitan Police Commissioner, expressing concern that the freedom of the press would be severely curtailed if such articles were used in evidence under the Act.

Mr Porter said: "The police told Mr Jago this was 'politically motivated' material, and suggested it was evidence of his desire to break the law. I therefore seek your assurance that possession of Vanity Fair within a designated area is not regarded as 'politically motivated' and evidence of conscious law-breaking."

Scotland Yard has declined to comment.

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/politics/article1129827.ece
Dr Hemp
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What more proof can be needed that Bliar and Nu LaBour are transforming Britain into a fascist police state, I used to say they were slowly doing this, but now they are doing it with alarming speed.

The article in Vanity Fair and today's Independent to me highlights how important the work is that we are doing. I felt a genunine sense of rage through my body, as I read those articles, and I will channel these engergies to do everything in my power to bring an end to these fascists that are at the healm of today's Government. I urge all to do the same, or you'll be living in a nightmare fascist state before you know it and it will be too late!

Exposing the 9/11 and 7/7 cover-ups ARE instrumental in achieving this goal and the universal awakeming and upgrading of Man Kind's consciousness predicted for 2012 by Mayan prophecies (and others). The anger those of us who are already awakened feel when we read day by day how more and more of our once cherished civil liberties are being erroded by the Bliar fascists must be used for the greater good. I'm currently in The Netherlands on business and yesterday I spoke to a complete stranger in a bar in Enskede; somehow it came up in converstation that 9/11 was an inside job funded by the CIA from the illegal drugs trade that they control, and this guy completely agreed - he had already seen a film on the net, and then went on to explain in Dutch to all his friends. There is knowledge everywhere! The cat really is out of the basket.

Reading articles like those can be quite depressing, yet ultimately they should fire people up to do something about what the NWO are up to. Who knows, maybe in 2012 Mr Bliar will be sitting in a tiny cell in the Hague awaiting trial for his crimes? Now that's a nice upbeat thought to end my post! Please everybody who reads this, make a prayer to will it to happen!

Chris.

Newspeak International
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed Dr Hemp,

I too thought the process of the PTB's intention would take a few years,but it is accelerating away with undue haste.
It could be too many people have become aware, for it to be a slower and more gradual change.

Sorry if already mentioned but there is another interesting article in G2
of The Guardian,yesterday:

Blair is wrong on criminal justice

The idea of helping victims is emotionally attractive. But Blair is using it to dismantle our fair system of justice

Marcel Berlins
Wednesday June 28, 2006
The Guardian

It was better, they told me at law school, that 100 guilty men went free than one innocent man be imprisoned. On the acquittal of the 101st criminal, it was presumably in order to lock up one person who hadn't done it. Gradually, that ratio of my student days slipped away. Fifty guilty men, then 10, could escape justice before we could jail an innocent. Of course these were meaningless, nonsense figures. Who is counting anyway? But the silly slogan demonstrated a principle that dominated English criminal law - the presumption of innocence, the need to prove a case against an accused beyond reasonable doubt.

Article continues

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
The United States, after 9/11, taught us the 21st-century, Guantánamo version of the slogan. Who cares how many innocent people are detained, provided that, somewhere among them, there may be a few terrorists? The rights of the accused? Fair trials? Evidence? How old-fashioned.
Tony Blair's government has adopted the new philosophy with enthusiasm, as shown by our own anti-terrorism laws. But it has also started to insinuate itself into the rest of our criminal law. The way Blair and his ministers are trying to sell the new who-cares-about-the-innocent world is by way of a deviously populist approach centred on "the victim" - and using the key, if inappropriate, word "rebalance".

Full article:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Columnists/Column/0,,1807567,00.html
TimmyG
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this makes so very very angry

I really want to swear at the top of my voice.

i can't believe the speed at which our state is turning orwellian.
i'm going to be writing to my mp about this

TimmyG
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

infact.. i'm really thinking about coming down to london and walking around parliament square with a banner which says 'MY OPINIONS MAY NOT BE ENTIRELY THE SAME AS THOSE OF OUR GOVERNMENT' and see if i get arrested

we need a new mark thomas to make the government look stupid

catfish
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Criminal Justice Bill

This law is 12 years old now but can be used against any of us. Everyone ignored the crustys and ravers, but they were just the problem that provoked a reaction that required a solution......

http://www.urban75.org/legal/cja.html

Ment : The mind
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: