FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Did Biddle share train with Khan?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> London Bombings of Thursday 7th July 2005
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ally
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject: Did Biddle share train with Khan? Reply with quote

Being the first and only person to finger one of the accused I thought it was recently established they weren't on the same train but it seems that was wrong as the BBC keeps repeating Biddle's claim he made eye contact with Khan before he stuck his arm in his bag and pulled a wire....

What's the truth here?

cheers
numeral
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khan was, of course on two trains and a bus.

The most detailed account from Danny Biddle is from the FT.

Quote:
He seems as if he could be exactly the same sharp, stocky and gregarious construction site manager who used to play as a 19-stone semi-professional football goalkeeper - until he got on the second carriage of that train at Liverpool Street station last year. Danny clearly remembers the details of that morning - he woke up with a migraine and decided to give himself a lie-in. Working on a hospital building in Wembley at the time, he would usually have been at work by around 7.30am. He almost phoned in sick, but didn’t want to miss an important meeting. For three weeks he had been taking the same route to work - changing at Baker Street to take the Jubilee line north to Wembley Park. But on July 7 he missed his stop. Instead, he planned to get off at Paddington and change for the Bakerloo line to Wembley Central. He was leaning against the perspex screen by the double doors - standing, as always, and people-watching. “I looked around. This Asian guy got on and walked down the carriage. He sat down just past me on the other side of the screen.” He was “sitting with a rucksack over his shoulders and a main bag in his lap over his chest”. Danny watched him look at his wrists several times - as if checking the time. “When he first put his hand in the bag my first thought was medication, or he’s getting something to eat, or he’s a diabetic, whatever. As the train pulled out of Edgware Road station, he put his hand back in the bag, lifted his head and looked up and then there was light like a thousand camera flashes going off. And, when I think about it, where he sat down was where there was the biggest congregation of people.”

http://z13.invisionfree.com/julyseventh/index.php?showtopic=12&st=14

Too much luggage for a suicide bomber, I'd say.

dean_saor
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seems to be some doubt about the veracity and consistency of Biddle's statements; also there's some inconsistency about his identity.

cho fad’s a mhaireas ceud a-mhàin glèidhidh sinn gu treun ar saors’ gu bràth ("as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we give up our freedom") Obar Bhrothaig 1320

http://www.nolajbs.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> London Bombings of Thursday 7th July 2005 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: