FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Islam Expo: JULY 6 -JULY 9TH At Alexandra Palace in London.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Accelerationists' Armageddon Project For WWIII, Economic Crash, Starvation & Deadly Pathogens Rampant
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TRUTH
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Islam Expo: JULY 6 -JULY 9TH At Alexandra Palace in London. Reply with quote

On Thursday the 6th and for four days, the biggest Islamic cultural event ever witnessed in Europe will open at Alexandra Palace in London.

Sponsored and supported by numerous organisations, associations and agencies and attended by speakers from 22 countries around the world, representing the Muslim, Christian and Jewish faiths and no faiths as well as an array of cultural, ethnic, professional and ideological trends, Islam Expo will provide a platform for a comprehensive discussion of matters that figure foremost in the minds and concerns of people today.

Therefore the article that appeared on the front page of the Evening Standard today, the 3rd of July, is conspicuous for its timing. Attacking Dr. Azzam Tamimi, who is a director of Islam Expo and will be speaking at the event carried nothing new. The fact that the ES chose to run its attack merely days before the opening of Islam Expo suggests a wish to taint the entire event and compromise a genuine and unique attempt to build bridges and promote London and the United Kingdom in the eyes of the Muslim world.

Dr. Tamimi is renowned for his condemnation of acts of terrorism, including the London bombings which won him praise in a special editorial in the Sun newspaper last July (you can read it below), and Islam Expo stands by him and by the decision to have him among the over 80 speakers that will contribute towards the open discussions and debates throughout the function.

Islam Expo will continue its efforts in order to present a wide array of functions, activities, interactive information zones as well as entertainment facilities throughout its 4-day event, in order to find common ground from which the cultures and ideologies of the world can meet, interact and thrive, rather than clash and collide as some seem intent on promoting.

The following are some of the topics to be debated at IslamExpo:

Thursday 6th of July:
1-Democratic change in the Muslim world: Prospect and Obstacles
John Esposito,Abdelwahhab El-Afendi,Mahammad Ayoob at 13:30pm
2-Islam and the West: Toward better Relations
Wadah Khanfar, JacquesWarrdenberg at 15:00 pm
3-The origions of terrorism: Religious or Political?
Alastair Crooke,Jonathan Freedland,Azzam Tamimi,Bill Tupman at 17:30pm

http://islamexpo.info/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id =14&Itemid=83
Scott
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This event has already started - I was over at ally pally last night and noticed it. I think it began on the 3rd and it runs until the ninth. Are you in the area? I am thinking of going down there with some leaflets and DVDs as there seemed to be quite a lot of people. I might be there tomorrow but if a couple or so of us could get there on Saturday that would be great.
Mission911
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
This event has already started - I was over at ally pally last night and noticed it. I think it began on the 3rd and it runs until the ninth. Are you in the area? I am thinking of going down there with some leaflets and DVDs as there seemed to be quite a lot of people. I might be there tomorrow but if a couple or so of us could get there on Saturday that would be great.

I could be interested..Saturday/Sunday. Does anyone have any spare tickets ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Accelerationists' Armageddon Project For WWIII, Economic Crash, Starvation & Deadly Pathogens Rampant All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: