FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Milwaukee Freeway Banner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Accelerationists' Armageddon Project For WWIII, Economic Crash, Starvation & Deadly Pathogens Rampant
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Milwaukee Freeway Banner Reply with quote

scubadiver
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we should sneak on to motorway bridges here in the UK and do the same. The Americans have a knack for doing this kind of thing.
Me
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Maybe we should sneak on to motorway bridges here in the UK and do the same. The Americans have a knack for doing this kind of thing.

Sounds good to me boss, have at it!

If you woke up even one person, your actions would be a success.
scar
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scubadiver wrote:

Deffo a good idea, make sure you tie it down well if ya do one though.

Heres a related thread:

http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=671

flamesong
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having done a few motorway bridge banners I'd suggest that if possible a more permanent solution should be devised.

The adrenalin rush of putting up a banner in the dead of night and seeing it in the light of day can soon be replaced with a feeling of emptiness when it is found to have been removed within hours by a huffing farmer or some apron wearer.

Take heed of the Hari Krishnas - their motorway messages last for years and are either glued onto the understructure or painted.

Also, I should point out that this is a dangerous occupation. Dropping a banner onto a motorway could feasibly lead to a long stretch in prison for manslaughter. Attempting to glue or paint under a bridge could lead to an even longer stretch underground or in a wheelchair.

If you know any climbers perhaps they can be persuaded to do it. If not, their expert knowledge would be extremely useful.

Another option is the back of motorway signs.

I really don't want to sound like a killjoy but a photo of a bridge banner lasts a hell of a lot longer than the banner itself.
Me
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about billboards? If someone with enough money like Jimmy Walters wanted to could he fund a billboard or two supporting the 9/11 truth movement? I'm sure that some dubious regulation would prevent it considering the subject matter.
Me
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly what I had in mind. Defacing a pre-existing billboard. How about an actual 9/11 Truth billboard though?

http://indymedia.us/en/topic/911investigation/archive.shtml

Quote:
Was driving along Belmont and happened to notice a billboard around 28th or so. What a great opportunity to try out my fancy new cellphone with photo capability!

Obviously this message is more important than the usual billboard garbage from the fascists at Clear Channel. I figure this billboard improvement is likely true. I was surprised to learn that 50% of NYC residents believe that Bush and Crew consciously allowed 911 to happen for their own dark purposes.

When some monopolistic dictatorial company like Clear Channel has managed to swindle control of all the billboard space in Portland, then it is inevitable that people will fight back against their dominating control. I would enjoy seeing a new clear channel billboard improved every single day.
flamesong
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I love subvertising (as creative defacing of billboards is known). You might like to check out Adbusters at:

http://www.adbusters.org

You need to act pretty quickly. At the time that Richard Reid had been arrested for attempted 'shoe bombing', Nike had a billboard advert which (unbelievably) depicted their latest shoe with a drawn on fizzing fuze attached to the heel. Before I could find the perfect words to add it was replaced by something else.

You can make fairly simple devices to extend your range so that you can reach high billboards with spray cans (which have an exemption from the wrath of environmentalists when used this way!).
dookie
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scubadiver wrote:

Great idea! I have an 18ft x 3ft plastic pub banner that my mate and I are in the process of spray painting up and cable tying to a bridge on the M27 very shortly. I am going with the WTC7 idea at the moment as it is incredible how many people have NO idea about that 'insignificant" event! Is every body ok with with the web address going on to the banner?
I will post a photo once we have completed our mission.
What about the idea of leaflet dropping? That always gets people talking and thinking!
Spectre
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggested this idea to somebody a while back. Advertising is the answer.

Are there any site posters who work within the printing industry who could get large (locktite adhesive backed) posters or banners made to be strategically placed on motorway bridges and main traffic thoroughfares through our cities? The kind of poster that is very difficult to remove. Even if it were covered up within a day or so - thousands would have seen it.

Any such poster needs to carry the words ... "9-11 was an inside job" - that "Bush and Blair are liars" (I think most people know that anyway - it would strike a chord) - "don't believe the newspapers" and the main U.S. and U.K. web addresses.

It is the only way to spread the word quickly and en masse.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Accelerationists' Armageddon Project For WWIII, Economic Crash, Starvation & Deadly Pathogens Rampant All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: