FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Local assemblies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
halva
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Local assemblies Reply with quote

Next April (April 2006) Athens is to host the European Social Forum. The programme is being decided upon next month (September) in Istanbul, and it is utopian to think that the 9/11 Truth issue will be able to get onto it. Of course I may be wrong about that. The last European Social Forum was held in London, and there was a 9/11 workshop.

Nevertheless, another initative which is underway at the moment, started by members of ATTAC in Germany, is for a Europe-wide network of grass-roots citizens groups to make proposals for an alternative Europe, one which has a better chance of going forward than the Europe of the failed ’Constitution’ now rejected by the citizens of France and Holland.

http://www.anothereurope.net/wiki/index.php/Call_for_local_assemblies_ %28EN%29

9/11 Truth movement members in Europe should start forming or joining these local assemblies, without having a ’single-issue’ attitude about their engagement but also without hiding genuine convictions that the phoniness of the ’terrorism’ issue, whether in the US, in London or elsewhere must be brought to light.

Maintain contact with other 9/11 truth activists, but also do not be sectarian and go looking for trouble with ’Leftist gatekeepers’, who are a predominant, but not invincible, element, in the Social Forum movement.

Further information: omades@in.gr

Could you not, at least, form a London group??
halva
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am loosely associated with the Centre for a Social Europe at http://www.social-europe.org.uk/ .
That organisation is thoroughly conversant with the ideas involved. It seems to me that the need for a social Europe has little to do with a search for the truth behind the 9/11 outrage.
Let us concentrate on our purpose.

Alan Firminger

Make the distinction between means and ends.

Think of the proposed pan-European network as a possible means to achieve the end that the 9/11 truth movement is not achieving through conventional lobbying.

WH
Athens
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: European Social Forum Reply with quote

I'm not sure how we should play this one, but thank Halva for her suggestions. Personally I am too busy struggling to keep up with all the Truth Movement correspondence I receive to give much attention to it, but if someone wants to take the initiative here I would support it.

The 9/11 truth workshop at the European Social Forum in London happened as a result of the efforts of the then quite young London group. It was our first sizeable public meeting. If there's a group in Athens who wants to do likewise we would welcome it, but I have no idea whether any among our supporters will be travelling to Athens for the ESF.

What is the mechanism for getting such things on to the agenda and why do you, Halva, think it would be a miracle if we succeeded in doing so this time when we were successful last year? We would certainly welcome better contacts with similar groups across Europe and a push for getting 9/11, and perhaps the Madrid, London and Moscow bombings, on to the agenda might have a better chance of being successful if it were supported by groups in several countries.

We are a single issue network whether we like it or not, though we do make common cause with others, particularly over the issue of destruction of civil liberties and the persuit of this endless "War on Terror", which comes about as a result of false flag terror attacks. Our supporters are additionally involved in a whole raft of other issues in their personal capacity.

I believe we should make friends with groups concerned with other issues which impinge on ours and construct broad coalitions on matters of common concern, strictly on the basis of "NO ENDORSEMENT". We do not support all their perspectives and we don't expect them to support ours. We shouldn't worry about the "left gatekeepers". Just ask them the awkward questions like:

"Why do you dismiss us as 'conspiracy theorists' but not at the same time recognise that the White House theory that 19 Arab hijackers conspired with each other and bin Laden to fly planes into buildings is also a conspiracy theory?"

What we cannot afford to do is attempt to take up common positions on matters not within our remit, like "what kind of a Europe do we want?" To do so would only create divisions and splits among us.

Does that help?

Noel
halva
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: European Social Forum Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm not sure how we should play this one, but thank Halva for her suggestions.

His suggestions.

Quote:
Personally I am too busy struggling to keep up with all the Truth Movement correspondence I receive to give much attention to it, but if someone wants to take the initiative here I would support it.

That would be good. The only members of this forum I e-mailed were those who live in London, since I figured that a London group supporting the initiative might be the most feasible.

Quote:
The 9/11 truth workshop at the European Social Forum in London happened as a result of the efforts of the then quite young London group. It was our first sizeable public meeting. If there's a group in Athens who wants to do likewise we would welcome it, but I have no idea whether any among our supporters will be travelling to Athens for the ESF.

It hasn't been possible to get a 9/11 truth group off the ground in Athens. Ruppert's November 2001 Portland State University talk was played in 2002 at a public meeting in Athens organized by ATTAC-Hellas, but it triggered so much disagreement that it was not possible to have any follow-up. And other attempts have also got nowhere.

Quote:
What is the mechanism for getting such things on to the aggenda and why do you, Halva, think it would be a miracle if we succeeded in doing so this time when we were successful last year?

The agenda is being decided later this month in Istanbul. Nobody from Athens to the best of my knowledge will be trying in Istanbul to push for any discussion of 9/11 in Athens. You were successful last year because there was a group in London who could make it successful.

Quote:
We would certainly welcome better contacts with similar groups across Europe and a push for getting 9/11, and perhaps the Madrid, London and Moscow bombings, on to the agenda might have a better chance of being successful if it were supported by groups in several countries.

We are a single issue network whether we like it or not, though we do make common cause with others, particularly over the issue of destruction of civil liberties and the persuit of this endless "War on Terror", which comes about as a result of false flag terror attacks. Our supporters are additionally involved in a whole raft of other issues in their personal capacity.

I believe we should make friends with groups concerned with other issues which impinge on ours and construct broad coalitions on matters of common concern, strictly on the basis of "NO ENDORSEMENT". We do not support all their perspectives and we don't expect them to support ours. We shouldn't worry about the "left gatekeepers". Just ask them the awkward questions like:

"Why do you dismiss us as 'conspiracy theorists' but not at the same time recognise that the White House theory that 19 Arab hijackers conspired with each other and bin Laden to fly planes into buildings is also a conspiracy theory?"

What we cannot afford to do is attempt to take up common positions on matters not within our remit, like "what kind of a Europe do we want?" To do so would only create divisions and splits among us.

Does that help?

Noel

It certainly helps for you to say that if anyone here wants to take the initiative you would support it. If some members take you up on this, it could result in one or more groups being established in Britain that could join the Strategy of Athens initiative and promote 9/11 Truth movement concerns within it. Like any other issue.

If you and some others organized a discussion the European Social Forum framework there is no difference in principle between that and doing the same thing in the Strategy of Athens framework. There may well be less resistance to 9/11 Truth movement ideas in the proposed new network, because the Strategy of Athens is a more radical initiative than the Social Forums as they presently function.

Eurosceptics and those who don't want to get involved in pan-European networks could just stay out and continue politicking or lobbying or whatever as they are now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: