FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

im gonna bec ome a sientologist

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kbo234
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was working as an electrician in central London. During the teabreak I noticed this big Yorkshire guy had a tobacco tin with a model of Salisbury Cathedral (or something) made out of matchsticks built onto the lid. "I wonder where you made that", I thought to myself. Anyway, I engaged him in conversation and he was an intelligent and funny guy. He was joyful and unusually optimistic.
It turned out, no surprise, that he had been in prison. On release, he was very low and despondent and he met this bunch of people. They took him away somewhere and everything changed for him. He became a Scientologist.

He was making shedloads of money working for himself and employing a couple of others but talked alot about his debts. After a while it became obvious that he was paying very large sums of money to the organisation to 'go up through the levels' and become 'clear'. He also spent 80 quid a week on lottery tickets. He thought he could win the jackpot by sheer willpower.
He was the most sensible and amusing fellow to converse with. I found we agreed about most things...that is until he switched into this other mode, a very serious one..."Of course, that's because we were all born 75, 000 years ago on the planet Tharg (or something)..". Yes I suppose the guy was a lunatic but I liked him.
He got me to rewire part of his house. He has a lovely wife and a young son. He was out of the house working. I asked his wife if they ever discussed Scientology. She rolled her eyes and said No. "Well, a word of advice", says I, "You know at Christmas, when you're all a little drunk and very relaxed.....That won't be the time to raise the subject". I thought she was going to die laughing.

And actually, the only reason I mention all this is because it was very definitely the people from Tharg that did 9/11. If you want the details though, you'll have to pay me good money.
scubadiver
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting.

I've read in one of the papers today that Kate's and Tom's baby may not even exist. Nobody has ever seen it or photographed it.
PaulStott
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kbo234 wrote:
On release, he was very low and despondent and he met this bunch of people. They took him away somewhere and everything changed for him. He became a Scientologist.

It is one of the ways these organisations operate - indeed the prison authorities and police actively encourage religious groups to work with prisoners and young offenders.

Given religion has probably caused more wars that anything else in the world (except of course for oil) I am always amused to see people pushing the idea that turning to God helps violent offenders........
scar
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my days...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: