FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Glasgow WTC experiment underway

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ally
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Glasgow WTC experiment underway Reply with quote

Tower block fire aids 9/11 debate

The fire captured in a derelict tower block in Dalmarnock
A high-rise block in Glasgow has been set alight in an attempt to understand how blazes affect buildings and ensure future safety in emergencies.
Jose Torero, professor of fire safety engineering at the University of Edinburgh, conducted the experiment on a 24-storey tower block in Dalmarnock.

He also hopes it will shed light on why the Twin Towers collapsed on 9/11.

Prof Torero said he believed the World Trade Centre in New York should have "withstood burnout" after it was hit.

The collapse of the towers in September 2001, after they were hit by hijacked aircraft, resulted in the deaths of almost 2,800 workers and 350 firefighters and emergency workers.

Prof Torero said: "It didn't even cross my mind the buildings would collapse.

"From my perspective, those buildings were designed to last structurally for between three to four hours, enough time to get everyone out who had survived.

The experiment took place in a block of flats on Millerfield Place and Allan Street.

In one room, more than nine miles of cable and sensors were installed.

He said: "The concept is that if we can get an accurate idea of what's happening inside the building I can lead people to safety and minimise the growth of the fire."

A BBC Horizon programme, to be broadcast in the next few months, is looking at Prof Torero's experiment.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/5216788.stm
Snowygrouch
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Sorry I missed it! Reply with quote

Ally,
Its a great experiment, especially with so many sensors they should be able to get a real wealth of data.

I`m going back home to Glasgow on Saturday morning so will have missed the whole thing. (or probably not as I should imagine the building will still be very much standing even when I get there!)

Calum

President Eisenhower 1961
HERA
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: HORIZION, you say Reply with quote

If HORIZION are going to make a prog. expect them to show the building perfectly verticaly imploding "due to the fire"
gypsum
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Glasgow WTC experiment underway Reply with quote

Ally wrote:

A BBC Horizon programme, to be broadcast in the next few months, is looking at Prof Torero's experiment.

Things were looking good till I read that Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: