FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nafeez Mosaddeq Ahmed - 7/7 Meeting. London, Wed 16th Aug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Accelerationists' Armageddon Project For WWIII, Economic Crash, Starvation & Deadly Pathogens Rampant
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kemet
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Nafeez Mosaddeq Ahmed - 7/7 Meeting. London, Wed 16th Aug Reply with quote

I received this last minute announcement by email (courtesy of: www.globalresearch.ca) and can find no other record of this meeting on any websites as yet.

Nafeez Mosaddeq Ahmed is fairly new as part of the truth movement and despite his extensive background in such matters, had remained for the longest time in denial of many of the key aspects, until recent months. This meeting is for anyone who wishes to hear what Nafeez has to say on the subject. It is hoped Mr Ahmed will become a valued and trusted member of the truth community.

Meeting details as below.

=============================================
7/7: The Inside Story of the London Bombings

What do Terrorist Extremists and Western Intelligence Services have in Common?

A seminar and workshop with Nafeez Mosaddeq Ahmed

Author of the explosive new book THE LONDON BOMBINGS: AN INDEPENDENT INQUIRY (Duckworth, 2006)

16th August 2006, Abrar House, 45 Crawford Place, off Edgware Road, London, W1H 4LP,
6PM sharp!

‘A lucid and persuasive account of how our security mandarins talked themselves into believing we could make quiet, backroom deals with terrorists’
Brian Appleyard SUNDAY TIMES

‘Pulls apart the official narrative of 7/7’
Francis Elliott INDEPENDENT ON SUNDAY

‘On the subject [of 9/11] the best, most balanced report, thus far, is by Nafeez Mosaddeq Ahmed’,
Gore Vidal OBSERVER

‘Nafeez Ahmed’s understanding of the post 9/11 power game, its lies, illusions and dangers, is no less than brilliant’
John Pilger

Nafeez teaches International Relations at the University of Sussex, Brighton, where he’s doing his PhD on imperialism and genocide. He’s the author of three other books since the 9/11 attacks tracing the realpolitik beneath the rhetoric of the War on Terror: The War on Freedom, Behind the War on Terror and The War on Truth. He is former senior researcher at the Islamic Human Rights Commission, and is currently director of the Institute for Policy Research & Development, London. In 2005, he testified at a special all-day hearing in US Congress about his research on terrorism.

At the seminar, Nafeez will explore the anomalies and inconsistencies in the government’s official account of the 7/7 terrorist attacks, the ambiguous relationship between Western “security” policies and terrorist networks, MI5 recruitment of Muslim extremists for covert operations, the need for an independent public inquiry, and the way forward for Muslim communities in particular. There will be an extended Q&A and discussion session.
=============================================

NB You might want to verify details elsewhere before going out of your way. I have so far received two corrections to this meeting including the location and the date!
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Nafeez Mosaddeq Ahmed - 7/7 Meeting. London, Wed 16th Au Reply with quote

Kemet wrote:

Nafeez Mosaddeq Ahmed is fairly new as part of the truth movement and despite his extensive background in such matters, had remained for the longest time in denial of many of the key aspects, until recent months. This meeting is for anyone who wishes to hear what Nafeez has to say on the subject. It is hoped Mr Ahmed will become a valued and trusted member of the truth community.

I don't know why you regard him as "fairly new as part of the truth movement". He's been involved in one way or another as long as any of us in Britain have. He produced one of the world's first books to question the US government's official conspiracy theory ("The War on Freedom: How and Why America Was Attacked September 11, 2001") as early as July 2002. There are those in the movement who mistrust him on the grounds that in neither of his two books on the subject does he examine the physical evidence for 911 being an inside job. I take it that as a careful academic he does not consider the physical evidence as his area of expertise. He has been giving helpful advice to 911 truth campaigners in Britain since the movement got going here at the beginning of 2004.

I think it is important to remember that the movement in the UK is a broad church embracing a wide variety of opinion on what really happened that fateful day, from those who think the US administration had prior warning of the attacks which they ignored to those who think the government organised the attacks. The movement has no formal membership but is a loose network of people interested in the subject from campaigners to researchers.

Nafeez is indeed an invaluable part of this movement.

Noel
Skeptic
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, David Ray Griffin based a lot of The New Pearl Harbour on Nafeez's book.
Kemet
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't know why you regard him as "fairly new as part of the truth movement".

In that case I am more than happy to explain so as you don't unnecessarily go away under some misunderstanding.

You will notice I stated above that Nafeez does indeed have an extensive background in this area. What I stated specifically was how new he is to the 'truth movement', now it may well be that we have differing interpretations of what is the (911) truth movement. To me and what I meant by this (inter alia), a brief definition may be "someone who recognises and promotes the fact that 911 was an inside job". From my observations this was not the case until most recently, it seemed Nafeez just could not go that extra mile for whatever reason.

I would add that I did attempt to contact Nafeez (shortly after his 911 book) in this regard but received no response. Several others similarly attempted to inform him to no avail. I have been in contact with others whom I believe to be in close contact with Nafeez and met with a negative response. I have also encountered Nafeez dismissing those whom I regard (under my above definition) as part of the truth movement.

Subsequently, I haven't paid too much attention to him until recently and it appears from what he has to say that he has himself only just come to terms with the notion of an inside job. I am happy for the time being to promote his meeting but cannot in all conscience do so without adding some sort of proviso. I remain undecided as to his ultimate position but am sure time will tell on this (in my view of course). As stated, I hope he does indeed become a major force.

I have stated no other opinion as to the value of his work and so there is little point on me commenting upon this. As for what others may think or believe happened, - I am more interested in what facts (and analysis etc) others have at their disposal. It is a matter of fact (and not opinion) that the US Admin' did indeed receive multiple and in-depth warnings.

As for whether they organised the attacks, - it could not have occurred without major intervention on their behalf. I am not going to prove the point here without going through the wealth of evidence that supports this, suffice it to say that it is way beyond any coincidence that they would do precisely what was required to put the right combination of circumstances into place to provide a window of opportunity only at that fateful hour and permit what was otherwise an impossible attack. A deeper study of events only serves to reinforce this.

ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of interesting posts recently on nafeez's blog

http://www.nafeez.blogspot.com/
andyb
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone confirm if this is tonight or on Wednesday, have seen it advertised for both?
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't make this evening but some feedback from others attending would be great

7/7 The Inside Story of the London Bombings

What do Terrorist Extremists and Western Intelligence Services have in Common?

A seminar and workshop with

Nafeez Mosaddeq Ahmed

Author of the explosive new book THE LONDON BOMBINGS: AN INDEPENDENT INQUIRY (Duckworth, 2006)

16th August 2006, Abrar House, 45 Crawford Place, off Edgware Road, London, W1H 4LP,

Reception 6PM Start 6:30PM

‘A lucid and persuasive account of how our security mandarins talked themselves into believing we could make quiet, backroom deals with terrorists’

Brian Appleyard SUNDAY TIMES

‘Pulls apart the official narrative of 7/7’

Francis Elliott INDEPENDENT ON SUNDAY

‘On the subject [of 9/11] the best, most balanced report, thus far, is by Nafeez Mosaddeq Ahmed’,

Gore Vidal OBSERVER

‘Nafeez Ahmed’s understanding of the post 9/11 power game, its lies, illusions and dangers, is no less than brilliant’

John Pilger

Nafeez teaches International Relations at the University of Sussex, Brighton, where he’s doing his PhD on imperialism and genocide. He’s the author of three other books since the 9/11 attacks tracing the realpolitik beneath the rhetoric of the War on Terror: The War on Freedom, Behind the War on Terror and The War on Truth. He is former senior researcher at the Islamic Human Rights Commission, and is currently director of the Institute for Policy Research & Development, London. In 2005, he testified at a special all-day hearing in US Congress about his research on terrorism.

At the seminar, Nafeez will explore the anomalies and inconsistencies in the government’s official account of the 7/7 terrorist attacks, the ambiguous relationship between Western “security” policies and terrorist networks, MI5 recruitment of Muslim extremists for covert operations, the need for an independent public inquiry, and the way forward for Muslim communities in particular. There will be an extended Q&A and discussion session.
Ally
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone go to this gatekeeper event and have a review to write for the rest of us?

cheerz
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently Nick Kollerstrom and Andy Baker attended.
andyb
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did indeed go. Nothing groundbreaking was said. Severeal things he mentioned re the explosives point towards the MIHOP posistion but then his failure to mention things like Peter Power seemed slightly odd. The talk was filmed and as soon as the Q+A session started the camera turned on the audience and just randomly filmed us which one person did object to but no reasons were given.

For a fuller report I'd advise you to go to the J7 forum where the meeting is being discussed in further detail.

Cheers
Andy

http://s13.invisionfree.com/julyseventh

astro3
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As requested, I've posted my comments on the meeting, which somehow turned into a book review, on the 7/7 section, at:
http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?p=18419#18419
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Accelerationists' Armageddon Project For WWIII, Economic Crash, Starvation & Deadly Pathogens Rampant All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: