FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is Al Quada ( the base) real

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stateofgrace
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Is Al Quada ( the base) real Reply with quote

Or is it a myth designed to keep us all in a state of fear?

http://personal.ecu.edu/durantd/wot/qaida.html#govdoc

http://www.jamestown.org/terrorism/
DeFecToR
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed;

http://www.guardian.co.uk/terrorism/story/0,12780,1523838,00.html

Interesting that this was one of the last public things Robin Cook said before he died.

stateofgrace
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bin Laden was, though, a product of a monumental miscalculation by western security agencies. Throughout the 80s he was armed by the CIA and funded by the Saudis to wage jihad against the Russian occupation of Afghanistan. Al-Qaida, literally "the database", was originally the computer file of the thousands of mujahideen who were recruited and trained with help from the CIA to defeat the Russians. Inexplicably, and with disastrous consequences, it never appears to have occurred to Washington that once Russia was out of the way, Bin Laden's organisation would turn its attention to the west.

The danger now is that the west's current response to the terrorist threat compounds that original error. So long as the struggle against terrorism is conceived as a war that can be won by military means, it is doomed to fail. The more the west emphasises confrontation, the more it silences moderate voices in the Muslim world who want to speak up for cooperation. Success will only come from isolating the terrorists and denying them support, funds and recruits, which means focusing more on our common ground with the Muslim world than on what divides us.

Indeed, indeed.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/terrorism/story/0,12780,1523838,00.html

So are they real or not?
DeFecToR
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure. I mean, my five year old daughter is CERTAIN that Santa Claus exists. Any why wouldnt she be? He leaves plenty of evidence in the form of presents each year. We leave out milk and cookies and the next morning they're gone. She even write him letters!
And besides, EVERYONE tells her he exists, so he must right?

Oh, its so confusing, all this geo-politics.

chipmunk stew
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeFecToR wrote:
I'm not sure. I mean, my five year old daughter is CERTAIN that Santa Claus exists. Any why wouldnt she be? He leaves plenty of evidence in the form of presents each year. We leave out milk and cookies and the next morning they're gone. She even write him letters!

That would make you the evil zionist overlord framing poor ol' Mr. Santa?
DeFecToR
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chipmunk stew wrote:
DeFecToR wrote:

That would make you the evil zionist overlord framing poor ol' Mr. Santa?

Easy now.

CM, do you know much about Masonry?

stateofgrace
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Santa does not order 19 of his elf’s to hijack 4 planes and slam them into buildings full of innocent people.

The question remains, Is Al Quada real?
DeFecToR
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stateofgrace wrote:
Santa does not order 19 of his elf’s to hijack 4 planes and slam them into buildings full of innocent people.

No, but i'm sure the commission could have found proof nonetheless.

stateofgrace
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you did say No, right?

I will hold my reply until the rest of the forum agrees with your view.

Can you poll everybody here and ask them if they agree with you?

Infact I will ask all the truthseekers here is the answer No?
DeFecToR
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stateofgrace wrote:
No, you did say No, right?

I will hold my reply until the rest of the forum agrees with your view.

Can you poll everybody here and ask them if they agree with you?

Infact I will ask all the truthseekers here is the answer No?

You're not the sharpest tool are you.

You wrote;
"Santa does not order 19 of his elf’s to hijack 4 planes and slam them into buildings full of innocent people. "

And i replied;
"No, but i'm sure the commission could have found proof nonetheless."

Do you want me to answer the question about Al Qaeda being real or not?

No problem.

My answer is; not in the way it has been sold to us by our governments and security services through our media.
I could go in to why i believe this but i'm not sure i see the point. You are obviously itching for a fight so why on earth should i play in to that? Its not like you have any genuine interest in my opinion. You came here to nit-pick and argue. You above comments confirm this.

stateofgrace
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really?

I read the opening statement to this forum “we want the truth"

Is this your truth or the real truth?

So are you not even prepared do look at independent opinion and appraise it or do you simply wish to deny it all before even looking ?

Once again is Al Quada real?
DeFecToR
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stateofgrace wrote:
Really?

I read the opening statement to this forum “we want the truth"

Is this your truth or the real truth?

'Truth' is objective. I prefer the word 'fact'.

stateofgrace wrote:

So are you not even prepared do look at independent opinion and appraise it or do you simply wish to deny it all before even looking ?

What??!? That doesnt even make sense.

Please indicate where i said that i was unwilling to look at independant opinions.

It is BECAUSE i have look at independant opinions that i have come to the understanding that i have.

stateofgrace wrote:

Once again is Al Quada real?

Once again; NOT IN HOW IT HAS BEEN SOLD TO US. The 'true' Al Qaeda is a very different entity to this global, multi-layered organisation that has been shoved down our throats. It is simply not that kind of entity at all.

Now please, stop picking fights. If you want any real info from me, let me know. Otherwise stop trying to bait people in to arguements.

dry kleaner
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch 'The Power of Nightmares' by Alan Curtis and see for yourself.
Read Al Qaeda by Jason Burke also.

Peace and love

DK
stateofgrace
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you I have seen the Power of Nightmares and although entertaining does not address the central issue of Al Quada.

It's all good and well pretending there is a no boggie man when is a boggie man.

What was it somebody said once “The best weapon the devil has is denial".

This is not a trick question nor am I looking for a fight I simply wish to engage in conversation about this organisation, which I been looking at for sometime now.

If I come across as aggressive or spoiling for a fight, fine, I will simply leave you to it.
chipmunk stew
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dry kleaner wrote:
Watch 'The Power of Nightmares' by Alan Curtis and see for yourself.
Read Al Qaeda by Jason Burke also.

Peace and love

DK

Al Qaeda has certainly been hyped, and its system of organization mischaracterized, but Curtis downplays what is in fact a very real threat. "Al Qaeda" has come to be synonymous with "an Islamic terrorist group", which is a shame because when terrorist plots are carried out or foiled the media wants to connect them to Al Qaeda, and when the links are shown to be weak or non-existent, people start to wonder whether they had anything to do with Islamic terrorism at all.
stateofgrace
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you chipmunk the media simply go into over drive with this and try desperately to find the link between Al Quada and terrorist actions or terrorist threats. When this turns out not to be the case people simply draw the conclusion, wrongly that Al Quada is all made up.

Although Al Quada as such could be classed as ideology rather than an organisation, this ideology is very real. Radicalisation is also very real as is Islamic fundamentalist.

This has to be put into context of the many many Muslims that are not radicalised in such ways and led perfectly peaceful lives. It has to be stressed and pointed out that this is only a very tiny minority of Muslims that advocate violence and extremist actions.

The Boogie man, from what I have read is very real, but mercifully is also very small.

Like all acts of extremism, their actions are only supported by extremists and never the majority
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: