FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Conscription

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uma
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Conscription Reply with quote

According to BBC News 24, "the US is recalling 3500 reservists" (retired soldiers) to participate in "involuntary" duty in Iraq, because of a lack of volunteers for the war effort.

Love the wording.

"Involuntary duty."

Didn't that used to be called "conscription"?

England, the fifty-first state of the USA; beware.

Your country will be needing you shortly.

Unless you've any better ideas........ Wink

Snowygrouch
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: nonsense! Reply with quote

* i knew it!

I`m off to venezuela then on the first bus tomorrow........

President Eisenhower 1961
Dr Hemp
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember during the first Gulf War when I was about 19, I sent a bogus conscription call up letter to some of my mates some of whom were daft enough to fall for it. It got photocopied and did the rounds of South Devon, even making it into the local Herald Express with a quote from some army dude explaining that this was a fake letter and to ignore it if you received one (given that it requested you bought your own army kit and gun due to MOD cut backs, you would have had to been ultra-gullible to fall for it).

My dad did conscription in the 1950s, but I think the UK was one of the first countries to abolish it after the war, partly because it’s expensive and an army made up of people who predominantly don’t want to be there is not of that much use. Most European countries have abolished it now, though I think they still have it in Switzerland, Norway and Sweden. I remember seeing the Swedish changing of the guard in Stockholm a few years ago and all the soldiers were marching out of place and really badly, it was hilarious, they would have almost all been conscripted soldiers and you could see the notable difference between the guards in London who are all in the job by choice.

It does seem unthinkable that they would reintroduce conscription in the UK, but a few months ago I thought it would be unthinkable that someone would be arrested for holding a placard outside the Houses of Parliament with a quote from George Orwell “During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act”

No doubt Bliar and Bu$h do view the UK as the 51st State and when you dig deeper and uncover the plans of the NWO then it’s quite possible that our governments may need to reintroduce the draft to carry out their evil agenda. Fascist countries tend to have military conscription and as Bu$h is the world’s no 1 fascist, nothing should surprise us. They already have concentration camps built in America to hold up to 10 million people. They say this is to cope if there was ever an influx of immigrants into the USA, even though the US economy would collapse if they stopped immigration over there; we know the real reason for these camps is to put people when the penny finally drops and people in the USA wake up to what their Government and the NWO are up to.

Reflecter
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HeHe I think I recall that Herald express piece. Nice job!

This is one bad topic, I note the Independant spelled out that over half the UK troops are there forever basically in Iraq, that Italy is massing on the Iranian border in Afghan and that indeed the US troops upto 35000 + of many more, outside of first and last years of reservist status, will be perhaps recalled to active duty for operations already intended. Bad news. I too love the re-wording incase anyone spots what it really means.

I was planning that Orwell slogan as a t-shirt from Aaron Russos site. Damn, I'll let you know how long I last.

Uma
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: nonsense! Reply with quote

Snowygrouch wrote:
* i knew it!

I`m off to venezuela then on the first bus tomorrow........

That bus would surely sink in the Channel, Snowy, wouldn't it?

I'd really recommend flying.

Shocked

uselesseater
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they think they will get away with re introducing conscription they've got another thing comming. Though looking at the Metro this morning it seems there will be a nuke let off here or in the US to 'encourage' us to accept it.

Personaly I'd sooner rot in jail than go to war for the crown.

www.myspace.com/truthleeds
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: