FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5-9-06 Daily Mail "Fury at 911 scholars"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pikey
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: 5-9-06 Daily Mail "Fury at 911 scholars" Reply with quote

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_artic le_id=403757&in_page_id=1770&ico=Homepage&icl=TabModule&icc=NEWS&ct=5

Peace, truth, respect and a Mason free society

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaH-lGafwtE#
www.wholetruthcoalition.org
www.truthforum.co.uk
www.checktheevidence.com
www.newhorizonsstannes.com
www.tpuc.org
www.cpexposed.com
www.thebcgroup.org.uk
www.fmotl.com
THETRUTHWILLSETU3
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the Emails sent in by the newspapers readers

That's it. I do not believe anyone anymore.

- Brenda Gibbons, Bridport, Dorset

I suppose it keeps people in work. Conspiracy theorists will always be there.

- James Mills, Liverpool, England

Conspiracy theorists will be working this over for decades. It can take over from the business about the Moon Landings not having taken place.

- Ryk, London

Thank you for your balanced reporting.

- Ignacio Fresas, Monee, Illinois USA

There are, unequivocaly, a great number of unanswered questions about the fateful day in question, as well as a number of 'facts' that do not withstand close scrutiny. However, this theory is further exascerbated by virtue of the fact that we are effectively ruled by the most mendacious, unscrupulous President in history, on BOTH sides of the Atlantic, whose words and assertions on ANY matter are rightly subject to doubt.

- Mike 'Spudgun' Hardy, Romney Marsh UK

I think anybody who believes that must have been reading too many Robert Ludham books, it would have been impossible to have kept that operation totally under wraps, someone would have whispered, albeit one can make scenario's where, what and if, but a home made set up, sorry wise men I cannot buy that theory.

- Ted Hunt, Spain

Are we supposed to be surprised by this news? America is the most violent country on earth and I would put nothing past them.

- Lynne Riniker-Jackson, Nyon, Switzerland

There are some pictures and very interesting videos on the internet of the damage to the Pentagon and they clearly show that a plane filled with fuel could not possibly have caused the damage (such as desks and books totally undamaged next to the point of impact). The physical evidence points to a missile causing the damage!

- Graham, Lancaster

After watching farenheit 9/11, I have learnt to question my beliefs a lot more. Thanks to people like Michael Moore, it shows events can be twisted in people eyes and sice the arrival of Mr Bush the world has become a dangerous place. I have noticed that President Bush has attacked and invaded more countries in the name OF terrorism for the benefit of oil and money.

- John Rhodes, Stafford, UK

Sounds like the plot to a Rennie Harlin film called The Long Kiss Goodnight. The CIA had a terrorist in the freezer and were going to plant the body at the scene of a large "terrorist attack" to increase CIA funding. And this was a film shot years prior to 9/11. The idea of "fund raisers" from covert government organisations certainly isn't a new one but people like to think that their government is trustworthy. Is Bush's government trustworthy?

- Bill Door, St Albans, UK

Are we supposed to be surprised by this news? America is the most violent country on earth and I would put nothing past them.

- Lynne Riniker-Jackson, Nyon, Switzerland

There are simply too many questions that are dismissed out-of-hand by supporters of the 'official' version that defies basic laws of both physics and chemistry.
There are more than enough suitably placed subscribers to the PNAC global 'Pax Americana' plan to be able to maintain the official myth.
Don't for one second imagine that persons playing for global domination would baulk at disposing of a few hundred or a few thousand innocents along the way.
Don't 'pooh-pooh' the idea of conspiracy - challenge and answer the questions!

- Albert Moisiu, Albania

I became convinced of this theory after reading a book by Vernon Coleman called Living in a Fascist Country published in 2006. He advances more indications that it was deliberately carried out, e.g. when a passport was "found" in the wreckage.
I only hope that the comment is published - Coleman has only one publishing firm who will dare to print his books!

- A. Lear, Breaston, Derbys

With the constant leaks that occur from the White House it would be preposterous to believe that they could keep something like that a secret. Only the delusional or mentally challenged would believe this nonsense. A few academics that are unhappy with the current regime should get over it and find other ways to replace them. This theory is ludicrous.

- Nancy, United States

Hilarious, they really ought to get out more!

- Mike, UK

Normaly would not waste my time listening to conspiricy theories... would it be such a huge shock to find some truth in this story. Perhaps we should ask for clarfication from bush and Blair.

- Peter Keilhauer, Torquay, Devon

I suppose Elvis was in on it too...

- Dorapanbox, Nottingham, United Kingdom

Tosh! That's all I have to say. Clowns that give more ammunition to terrorists, that's what these people are - left-wing academics that have clearly lost the plot.

- Gbenga Williams, London, UK

It is interesting how much of the American media has yet to give adequate coverage to such "conspiracy theories."

- Michael Dunn, Eureka, United States of America

Just because they are academics doesn't prove they are smart.

- Linda B, Tunbridge Wells, Kent

There is a simple philosphical device called Occam's Razor. In one form it states that the most obvious possible cause usually turns out to be the actual cause. Sorry conspiracy theorists, but time after time the world turns out to be the way it seems, and the more outlandish theories are consigned to the wastebin where they belong. And so it will be in this case. The arrogant professors can't conceive that the plot was developed by moslem extemists living in their own country, not in "the caves of Ahghanistan"

- Anderson, Southampton UK

Academics don't live in the real world. They can make any subject seem complicated to justify their salaries.
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Daily Mail this is a significant, well balanced response.

Does anyone know if this was in print today or just on line ?

Fury as academics claim 9/11 was 'inside job'
by JAYA NARAIN

The 9/11 terrorist attack on America which left almost 3,000 people dead was an "inside job", according to a group of leading academics.

Around 75 top professors and leading scientists believe the attacks were puppeteered by war mongers in the White House to justify the invasion and the occupation of oil-rich Arab countries.

The claims have caused outrage and anger in the US which marks the fifth anniversary of the terrorist attacks on Monday.

But leading scientists say the facts of their investigations cannot be ignored and say they have evidence that points to one of the biggest conspiracies ever perpetrated.

Professor Steven Jones, who lectures in physics at the Brigham Young University in Utah, says the official version of events is the biggest and most evil cover up in history.

He has joined the 9/11 Scholars for Truth whose membership includes up to 75 leading scientists and experts from universities across the US.

Prof Jones said: "We don't believe that 19 hijackers and a few others in a cave in Afghanistan pulled this off acting alone.

"We challenge this official conspiracy theory and, by God, we're going to get to the bottom of this."

In essays and journals, the scientists are giving credence to many of the conspiracy theories that have circulated on the internet in the past five years.

They believe a group of US neo-conservatives called the Project for a New American Century, set on US world dominance, orchestrated the 9/11 attacks as an excuse to hit Iraq, Afghanistan and later Iran.

The group says scientific evidence over the attacks on the World Trade Centre and the Pentagon is conclusive proof.

Professor Jones said it was impossible for the twin towers to have collapsed in the way they did from the collision of two aeroplanes.

He maintains jet fuel does not burn at temperatures high enough to melt steel beams and claims horizontal puffs of smoke seen during the collapse of the towers are indicative of controlled explosions used to bring down the towers.

The group also maintains World Trade Centre 7 - a neighbouring building which caught fire and collapsed later in the day - was only partially damaged but had to be destroyed because it housed a clandestine CIA station.

Professor James Fetzer, 65, a retired philosopher of science at the University of Minnesota, said: "The evidence is so overwhelming, but most Americans don't have time to take a look at this."

The 9/11 Commission dismissed the numerous conspiracy theories after its exhaustive investigation into the terror attacks.

Subsequent examinations of the towers structure have sought to prove they were significantly weakened by the impact which tore off fire retardant materials and led the steel beams bending under heat and then collapsing.

Christopher Pyle, professor of constitutional law at Mt Holyoake College in Massachusetts, has dismissed the academic group.

He said: "To plant bombs in three buildings with enough bomb materials and wiring? It's too huge a project and would require far too many people to keep it a secret afterwards.

"After every major crisis, like the assassinations of JFK or Martin Luther King, we've had conspiracy theorists who come up with plausible scenarios for gullible people. It's a waste of time."

But University of Wisconsin assistant professor, Kevin Barrett, said experts are unwilling to believe theories which don't fit into their belief systems.

He said: "People will disregard evidence it if causes their faith to be shattered. I think we were all shocked. And then, when the voice of authority told us what happened, we just believed it."

As the fifth anniversary approached, the 9/11 Scholars for Truth is urging Congress to reopen the investigation claiming they have amassed a wealth of scientific evidence to prove their version of the terror attacks.

See also... New DNA bid to identify 9/11 victims http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_artic le_id=403764&in_page_id=1770

==============================================

Pretty difficult to discredit a Professor of Physics I guess. Maybe nobody wanted to or could comment against Professor Jones' physics, so they wheel out poor old Professor Pyle, a Politics Professor.

A Professor of Politics to comment on the impracticality of wiring, at least WTC1, WTC2 and WTC7 up for demolition and then keeping it a secret.

Strange you might think, coming from a champion of free speech, who in "1970 disclosed the military's surveillance of civilian politics ... and worked to end it", has written award winning books on the subject, including "McCarthyism – Then and Now," "Domestic Spying Catches No One", "Extradition, Politics, and Human Rights".

Mind you Prof Pyle has written one book some of us could learn from: The Art of Civil Discourse.

Otherwise super coverage from the Mail.

xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly there is some influential person in the Daily Mail trying to get the truth out. Otherwise this article and the responding e-mails would not have been published, nor would the three page review of Ian Henshall and Rowland Morgan's book 911 Revealed last year.

The establishment are not all prepared to dance to the neocon tune; I find this heartening.

Noel
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides anyone with a computer and internet connection can avail themselves of the video and photographic record of that day.

Only the wilfully blind, fools and the US government are still arguing against explosive demolitions on both WTC1 and WTC2 and WTC7.

Huge structural steel beams weighing tens of tons each do not get ejected hundreds of feet in the direction of the sky and hundreds of thousands of tons of concrete cannot be reduced to a fine powder as a result of small, brief, cool jet fuel fires and barely heated massive steel and concrete structures that were the twin towers.

Neither does molten metal remain molten and glowing for days and days at ground zero as a result of slowly buckling floor clips.

Five years on and all the mourning familes are still offered by their government and it's lackies, is the synchronous melting of floor brackets over two 110 storey buildings resulting in one floor falling on top of the other, resulting in a total and utter collapse in the same time that a bowling ball would take to hit the ground if dropped from the roof, resisted only by air.

And they call us mad.

Last edited by Mark Gobell on Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
alogren
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Gobell wrote:

Does anyone know if this was in print today or just on line ?

This is on page 28 of today's paper version with a headline of:
"The 75 professors who believe 9/11 was an inside job"
alogren
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the second headline at http://www.dailymail.co.uk !
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have sent the author of the article this letter:

Dear Madam/Sir,

Many thanks for your article regarding the Scholars for 9/11 Truth Group printed/posted on 5th September.

It is a refreshing change to read a much more balanced article, which may lead more people to investigate the facts behind what the Scholars have been saying. I would like to congratulate the Daily Mail, for the 2nd time, in its efforts to address this most critical issue at this most critical time. Your article is an important part of revealing the truth to the British Public (and the world at large) and I hope your coverage of this issue will be expanded onto the front pages and not be diluted by stories which, for example, falsely exaggerate the fear of Iran's Nuclear capability or terrorist attacks - these issues are, like 9/11, part of the Neo-conservative Agenda.

Yours Sincerely,

Andrew Johnson
British 9/11 Truth Campaign (www.nineeleven.co.uk)
Scholars for 9/11 Truth (www.st911.org)

Ask the Tough Questions, Folks!
James C
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Johnson wrote:
I have sent the author of the article this letter:

Dear Madam/Sir,

Many thanks for your article regarding the Scholars for 9/11 Truth Group printed/posted on 5th September.

It is a refreshing change to read a much more balanced article, which may lead more people to investigate the facts behind what the Scholars have been saying. I would like to congratulate the Daily Mail, for the 2nd time, in its efforts to address this most critical issue at this most critical time. Your article is an important part of revealing the truth to the British Public (and the world at large) and I hope your coverage of this issue will be expanded onto the front pages and not be diluted by stories which, for example, falsely exaggerate the fear of Iran's Nuclear capability or terrorist attacks - these issues are, like 9/11, part of the Neo-conservative Agenda.

Yours Sincerely,

Andrew Johnson
British 9/11 Truth Campaign (www.nineeleven.co.uk)
Scholars for 9/11 Truth (www.st911.org)

Nice letter Andrew!
physicist
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of those comments have the normal traits.

If you want to discuss 911 and re-open the investigation, you are one or more of the following:

1. Crazy
2. Need to get a life
3. Stupid
4. Detached from the real world
5. Have far too much time on your hands.

Not a very powerful counter-argument really, is it?
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we are dealing with the great brainwashed Comfortably Numbists I guess.

I posted an article on this thread earlier from which there is this complementary paragraph.

The charge that conspiratorial thinking is incoherent simply will not hold up. “It is nothing if not coherent,” writes Hofstadter. The conspiratorial understanding of history is actually “far more coherent than the real world, since it leaves no room for mistakes, failures, or ambiguities. It is, if not wholly rational, at least intensely rationalistic....”

http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=3672

Interesting language they have to use:

"Real world" history in this context should therefore be unreal or fake world history surely.

Rory Winter
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: DAILY MAIL: Fury as academics claim 9/11 was 'inside job' Reply with quote

Fury as academics claim 9/11 was 'inside job'
by Jaya Narain
September 6, 2006
Daily Mail

http://urlsnip.com/422566

The 9/11 terrorist attack on America which left almost 3,000 people dead was an "inside job", according to a group of leading academics.

Around 75 top professors and leading scientists believe the attacks were puppeteered by war mongers in the White House to justify the invasion and the occupation of oil-rich Arab countries.

The claims have caused outrage and anger in the US which marks the fifth anniversary of the terrorist attacks on Monday.

But leading scientists say the facts of their investigations cannot be ignored and say they have evidence that points to one of the biggest conspiracies ever perpetrated.

Professor Steven Jones, who lectures in physics at the Brigham Young University in Utah, says the official version of events is the biggest and most evil cover up in history.

He has joined Scholars for 9/11 Truth whose membership includes up to 75 leading scientists and experts from universities across the US.

Prof Jones said: "We don't believe that 19 hijackers and a few others in a cave in Afghanistan pulled this off acting alone.

"We challenge this official conspiracy theory and, by God, we're going to get to the bottom of this."

In essays and journals, the scientists are giving credence to many of the conspiracy theories that have circulated on the internet in the past five years.

They believe a group of US neo-conservatives called the Project for a New American Century, set on US world dominance, orchestrated the 9/11 attacks as an excuse to hit Iraq, Afghanistan and later Iran.

The group says scientific evidence over the attacks on the World Trade Centre and the Pentagon is conclusive proof.

Professor Jones said it was impossible for the twin towers to have collapsed in the way they did from the collision of two aeroplanes.

He maintains jet fuel does not burn at temperatures high enough to melt steel beams and claims horizontal puffs of smoke seen during the collapse of the towers are indicative of controlled explosions used to bring down the towers.

The group also maintains World Trade Centre 7 - a neighbouring building which caught fire and collapsed later in the day - was only partially damaged but had to be destroyed because it housed a clandestine CIA station.

Professor James Fetzer, 65, a retired philosopher of science at the University of Minnesota, said: "The evidence is so overwhelming, but most Americans don't have time to take a look at this."

The 9/11 Commission dismissed the numerous conspiracy theories after its exhaustive investigation into the terror attacks.

Subsequent examinations of the towers' structure have sought to prove they were significantly weakened by the impact which tore off fire retardant materials and led the steel beams bending under heat and then collapsing.

Christopher Pyle, professor of constitutional law at Mt Holyoake College in Massachusetts, has dismissed the academic group.

He said: "To plant bombs in three buildings with enough bomb materials and wiring? It's too huge a project and would require far too many people to keep it a secret afterwards.

"After every major crisis, like the assassinations of JFK or Martin Luther King, we've had conspiracy theorists who come up with plausible scenarios for gullible people. It's a waste of time."

But University of Wisconsin assistant professor, Kevin Barrett, said experts are unwilling to believe theories which don't fit into their belief systems.

He said: "People will disregard evidence it if causes their faith to be shattered. I think we were all shocked. And then, when the voice of authority told us what happened, we just believed it."

As the fifth anniversary approached, the 9/11 Scholars for Truth is urging Congress to reopen the investigation claiming they have amassed a wealth of scientific evidence to prove their version of the terror attacks.

http://x09.eu/splash/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GAIALINK/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GAIALINK_FREE_UNIVERSITY/
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Times of India carries Daily Mail story Reply with quote

The Times of India carries the Daily Mail story.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1966548.cms

conspiracy analyst
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Funny side of the issue Reply with quote

is the recurring question that so many people would have had to be involved in order to carry out a cover up!

When pearl harbour was attacked and ships could clearly be tracked in the pacific ocean what happened? No one noticed them. They were visibly invisible?

Tens of people could have carried out 9/11. The reason NORAD was having 'training' on that day was to minimise the possibility of the air defence personell taking action on their own behalf and thwarting possible events.

Missiles would have been tracked if the flew over the Pentagon!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: