FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Craig Murray in Oxford

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ian
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Craig Murray in Oxford Reply with quote

I went to the Oxford Stop the War Coalition meeting in Oxford Town Hall last night at which Craig Murray was the main speaker. He spoke on a number of topics:
- the use of torture in the 'war on terror'
- the fake terror alerts
- oil and gas reserves in Caspian Sea / Middle East regions
- Project for the New American Century
etc

see his website for more information about his views:
http://www.craigmurray.co.uk/

I decided to make a short statement about 9/11, and was the first person from the floor to speak. I mentioned WTC7, and the lack of air response from the US. I finished by asking people to do their own research. There were about 80 people there, so many were probably hearing someone doubt the truth about 9/11 for the first time.

A few questions later, someone said that the idea that the US government did 9/11 was 'silly'. I was waiting for the round of applause, but thankfully it didn't come (although no one from the floor received applause)

When Craig Murray responded, he rebutted '9/11 conspiracies' by arguing that too many people would have to be involved. He also said that he receives emails about 9/11 truth, and that he tries to read them rather than just deleting them. He said he's reviewed the evidence, but hasn't seen anything which convinces him of US involvement.

As I was leaving, someone from the audience congratulated me on what I'd said, which makes a nice change.

I sort of got the impression that Craig Murray knows that 9/11 was an inside job, but doesn't want to say so publicly.

Anyone else been to any of his meetings?

Abandoned Ego
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Craig Murray in Oxford Reply with quote

Send Mr Murray this ;

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3390733082467388648&q=webster +tarpley+9%2F11+issue&hl=en

Just watched this presentation, from the excellent Webster Tarpley.

Ask him how much he knew about ANY of this. In fact it is something all 9/11
activists should perhaps be asking of themselves !
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Ian

We just have to keep bringing the subject up until they realise it won't go away and they'll have to look at it for themselves.

Noel
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It always makes me smile when intelligent people become gravity deniers and reject truth based on an assumption rather than what can be deduce and proved from basic factual evidence.

Indeed cognitive dissonance is rife.

Ask the Tough Questions, Folks!
SomedaySoon
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one, Ian. Well done for getting up and speaking.

Andrew Johnson wrote:
It always makes me smile when intelligent people become gravity deniers and reject truth based on an assumption rather than what can be deduce and proved from basic factual evidence.

Indeed cognitive dissonance is rife.

Absolutely. In my experience -- and in general -- the older somebody is, the more trouble they have in opening their mind enough to consider what we are trying to illustrate to them. The last 3 times I have discussed 9/11 with my father, he has reminded me that he is 54, has followed politics formost of his life, and, has therefore `been around for longer` and `done more than me`as if this makes him more qualified than me on this issue. In reality, of course, he has been subject to much more propaganda and conditioning, like most others his age.

This conditioning and mind set that we are up against just highlights why we have to be so careful with how we choose to go about increasing awareness of 9/11. It seems that we have many of the open minded folks on board. In my opinion, the tougher nuts to crack are not going to be convinced by theories such as NPT, regardless of what our own view are on the subject. They are more likely to respond to documentaries such as `Press for Truth` which avoids the more controversial areas and concentrates on the more provable facts like the conflicts of interest, CIA-Pakistani ISI links, etc

I feel, as a movement, we have a big responsibility here. Of course, we may each be doing this for different reasons, but the end goal is the same..to bring about a truly independent investigation and to bring the real perpetrators to justice. The rest will follow.

Whatever own personal reasons are for doing this, listening to the following (for those that haven't already) reminds us of the fact that, although the ramifications of 9/11 are being, and will be, felt by us all, there are many who are dying, and who have lost members of their families because of this big lie.

http://www.supportthetruth.com/audioSeries.php

We need to consider this when we promote things such as the NPT. Do we want to put their fight for justice in jeopardy because our own inability to stick to the more solid areas?

This is not a game, or a whodunnit, in which the winner gets a prize or indeed a c*** waving session. We are here to call for an independent investigation. Once we have acheived this, those that were right about their theories can then sit back and brag about it if they so wish.

This is a crucial time, we are getting more publicity. If we keep our focus, we will beat this cognitive dissonance.

Ian

sonic
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be careful now chaps!

I'm a senior citizen and I am completely convinced that 9/11 was an inside job.

Peace,

Sonic.
Wokeman
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian,

'From the Manhattan Project, (the operation to build an atomic bomb in New Mexico during WW2) to the Stealth fighter, the US government has successfully kept secrets involving thousands of people. In order to execute a conspiracy of the size and type I am suggesting, it is not necessary that thousands of people see the whole picture. The success of the US in maintaining the secrecy around the atom bomb and the Stealth fighter, or in any classified operation, lies in compartmentalisation. A technician in Tennessee refining uranium ore in 1943 would have had no knowledge of its intended use, or any moral culpability in any deaths that occurred as a result of it. Another technician in Ohio, mixing a polymer resin in 1985, would have had no knowledge of what an F117A looked like or what it was intended to do.
The government routinely protects itself against disclosure by compelling millions of citizens to sign security agreements and secrecy oaths which would make them subject to immediate incarceration or loss of benefits if they talked, even about criminal behavior. Perpetrating the murders of 9/11 required only a few people inside a small circle who did indeed "need to know" the entire plan, or most of the plan, in order to complete their tasks. For reasons of physical safety, freedom from legal sanction, and job security, participants would be motivated — and therefore, guaranteed — not to inform on one another'.
from "CROSSING THE RUBICON — THE DECLINE OF THE AMERICAN EMPIRE AND THE END OF THE AGE OF OIL, by Michael C Ruppert, pp 2-3
Annie
9/11 Truth Organiser
9/11 Truth Organiser

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ian

Well done on your intervention. Craig Murray is probably fully aware that the official US government version of 911 is riddled with lies and inconsistencies. He also has personal experience of how the forces of darkness can lie and manipulate the media - after all, he was on the receiving end of it when he blew the whistle on the use of torture in Uzbekhistan.

However, he may well feel that he would endanger his credibility by saying this, amd be abruptly ejected from the STW speakers' circuit if he does this, as happened to David Shayler a year ago. We should remember that Craig has displayed great personal courage in blowing the whistle on the use of information obtained under torture by our spies. Perhaps he feels that his peronal message is just too important, and he can't risk losing his platform.

The best way to to encourage him to look at the 911 issue is to demonstrate that this issue is widely known, widely questioned, and that more people will support him if he has the courage to speak out about this as well. This should also impact on the STW leadership. So more polite interventions like this are exactly what we need during his STW tour of the UK.

Regards

Annie

kbo234
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Craig Murray in Oxford Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
I sort of got the impression that Craig Murray knows that 9/11 was an inside job, but doesn't want to say so publicly.

If he has looked at the evidence (as he claims) this will certainly be true. This man is not a fool. Like our MP's, the issue must just be too much for him.
It is kind of worrying.

Well done though, Ian.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: