FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Have we considered 911truth candidates at elections?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SHERITON HOTEL
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Have we considered 911truth candidates at elections? Reply with quote

Especially, at bi-elections, loads of publicity.

(What's the word about '911Truthstock' this weekend? The plod were trying to make it 'jump though zillions of hoops' for permission to go ahead I understand.
Annie
9/11 Truth Organiser
9/11 Truth Organiser

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the possible topics for discussion on Sunday is the political side of things, so I hope you're coming.

Annie

TRUTH
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Have we considered 911truth candidates at elections? Reply with quote

SHERITON HOTEL wrote:
Especially, at bi-elections, loads of publicity.

(What's the word about '911Truthstock' this weekend? The plod were trying to make it 'jump though zillions of hoops' for permission to go ahead I understand.

Good idea.. im sure its been discussed before...let me see if i can find the thread.
hampton
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about council elections?
mkpdavies
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran for Woking in the the GE, as well as various other elections.

Trust me it's very very very difficult for a non mainstream party, or candidate to do well. Unless there is some huge local issue that has blown up, effecting everyone, you only have yourself and a few helpers to rely on for getting your information to the people. Even if you manage to hit every house with a leaflet or two, the other parties have near 100% of the television and radio coverage.

Add to this the bigger funds they have to spend in their campaigns.

Add to this major mud flinging that will occure to make you look like nutters or scum.

It's an up hill task and I think it will take years to build something that could make a real difference.

Also, people don't look at you as an individual in the main. They will see you as whatever your group has been portrayed as by the media, or you could just be completely ignored.

Most areas will have either the desperation to get Labour out, or keep the Tories out motivating them. Tribal loyalties are also strong, with a lot of people voting for a party because they always have, or because that's what their parents did.

Really it has been a stitch up for a long time and changing that is going to be VERY difficult.

However, I defitinely feel there is a change in mood going on. By now the Tories should be romping into the lead, but they are not. Smaller parties are starting to pick up more votes all the time.

Perhaps now is the time for a non established party or group to make real progress.
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the point of standing would not be to win, but to gain publicity for the 9/11 Truth Movement. But would you?

I was in Sedgefield (Blair's constituency) during the last general election. Jimmy Walter had the idea that by sending his DVD "Confronting the Evidence" to every voter and by getting some of us 9/11 Truth campaigners down there making ourselves visible, he would make a dent in Blair's majority. He didn't.

There were a plethora of anti-war candidates standing. None of them, except David Shayler, was prepared to stand down in order to concentrate the anti-war vote behind one candidate. Jimmy paid for a series of adverts in the local press for one of the anti-war candidates. Despite Jimmy's millions behind him, that candidate didn't do appreciably better than any of the other antiwar candidates.

Would more publicity be gained at a by-election? Possibly.

Noel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: