FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The death of MIHOP
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is the most compelling evidence for MIHOP?
World Trade Center 1 & 2 Collapses
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
World Trade Center 7 Collapse
50%
 50%  [ 8 ]
Flight 93 anomalies
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pentagon anomalies
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Other
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 16

chipmunk stew
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: The death of MIHOP Reply with quote

Before you click on the link that follows, please answer the poll question.

The following link is a discussion about a new document written by Mark Roberts. (It doesn't have a permanent home yet, which is why I am not providing a direct link.) It meticulously deconstructs what I believe is held up as the most compelling evidence of MIHOP. In about 100 pages, Roberts bludgeons the legs out from under the MIHOP torchbearers, sounding the death knell on the theory as a credible line of enquiry to any but the most zealous believers.

Enjoy the read!

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=65656
prole art threat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: The death of MIHOP Reply with quote

chipmunk stew wrote:

The following link is a discussion about a new document written by Mark Roberts. (It doesn't have a permanent home yet, which is why I am not providing a direct link.) It meticulously deconstructs what I believe is held up as the most compelling evidence of MIHOP. In about 100 pages, Roberts bludgeons the legs out from under the MIHOP torchbearers, sounding the death knell on the theory as a credible line of enquiry to any but the most zealous believers.

Enjoy the read!

You guys are tiresome. Strange, maladjusted and full of fear, but tiresome all the same.

chipmunk stew
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: The death of MIHOP Reply with quote

prole art threat wrote:
You guys are tiresome. Strange, maladjusted and full of fear, but tiresome all the same.

Yes, I suppose it must be very exhausting having to constantly dream up new rationalizations for hanging on to your tenuous beliefs in the face of a non-stop onslaught of contra-evidence.
chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: The death of MIHOP Reply with quote

chipmunk stew wrote:

Enjoy the read!

OK - after a speed read of the .pdf and to get the ball rolling, 4 points.

1. Apart from approx 200+ pieces FEMA's ASCE team recovered most of the steel was removed from the site asap, so the impression of exhaustive analysis of steel samples failing to find anything fishy is incorrect.

2. The molten metal issue is skimmed over. Whether it 'was irrelevant to the investigation of the collapse since it does not provide any
conclusive information on the condition of the steel when the WTC towers were standing' or not, it begs the question what source produced that degree of heat.

3. While there is lots of documentation of FDNY predicting a collapse - and that some collapse was expected, the mechanism of total symmetrical collapse is totally glossed over as if it's irrelevant.

4. The dismissal of Jones' materials analysis is also glib.

I'll be reading it in greater depth - but boy, any claims that the JREF forum doesn't have it's share of faith based adherants is wide of the mark also.
prole art threat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: The death of MIHOP Reply with quote

chipmunk stew wrote:
prole art threat wrote:

Yes, I suppose it must be very exhausting having to constantly dream up new rationalizations for hanging on to your tenuous beliefs in the face of a non-stop onslaught of contra-evidence.

Not at all. My beleifs are certainly nowhere near as tenuous as yours. Youre a sick muppet just like your deluded master, Mark Roberts. When is that leader of yours going to publish a book? You must get a right hard on, whitewashing that Neocon doorstep.

chipmunk stew
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: The death of MIHOP Reply with quote

prole art threat wrote:
chipmunk stew wrote:
prole art threat wrote:

Not at all. My beleifs are certainly nowhere near as tenuous as yours. Youre a sick muppet just like your deluded master, Mark Roberts. When is that leader of yours going to publish a book? You must get a right hard on, whitewashing that Neocon doorstep.

That's insightful and all, but did you look at the information in the document?
aggle-rithm
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: The death of MIHOP Reply with quote

chek wrote:
OK - after a speed read of the .pdf and to get the ball rolling, 4 points.

1. Apart from approx 200+ pieces FEMA's ASCE team recovered most of the steel was removed from the site asap, so the impression of exhaustive analysis of steel samples failing to find anything fishy is incorrect.

You expected them to examine it on the site? Do you have any idea what that site looked like after the collapses?

Quote:

2. The molten metal issue is skimmed over. Whether it 'was irrelevant to the investigation of the collapse since it does not provide any
conclusive information on the condition of the steel when the WTC towers were standing' or not, it begs the question what source produced that degree of heat.

Well, since the source of the heat clearly had no bearing on why the towers collapsed, I don't see why it's relevant.

Just like all the other CT ideas, the only utility this idea has is that it supports the preconceived notion that SOMEONE is hiding something. It doesn't help to explain anything that may be considered useful in any meaningful way.

Quote:

3. While there is lots of documentation of FDNY predicting a collapse - and that some collapse was expected, the mechanism of total symmetrical collapse is totally glossed over as if it's irrelevant.

What is it relevant to? He made a pretty strong case that there was no REASON to blow up WTC7, that the evidence (even that offered by the CT movement) doesn't SUPPORT the idea that it was blown up, and he relates the stories of numerous eyewitnesses who were not at all surprised when the building collapsed. So, why is yet another rehashing of the exact mechanism so important to you?

Quote:

I'll be reading it in greater depth - but boy, any claims that the JREF forum doesn't have it's share of faith based adherants is wide of the mark also.

Yes, I admit a weakness to having faith in things that make sense and are supported by evidence. I guess that's just a bear I have to cross.
chipmunk stew
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: The death of MIHOP Reply with quote

aggle-rithm wrote:
chek wrote:

What is it relevant to? He made a pretty strong case that there was no REASON to blow up WTC7, that the evidence (even that offered by the CT movement) doesn't SUPPORT the idea that it was blown up, and he relates the stories of numerous eyewitnesses who were not at all surprised when the building collapsed. So, why is yet another rehashing of the exact mechanism so important to you?

He also addressed the "symmetry" of the collapse.
IronSnot
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry no time for the supposed 'death knell of MIHOP'. I've voted for Pentagon even though I think UA 93 runs it very, very close indeed.
chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disappointing response critics.
The massive heat not important?
As if it had nothing to do with anything?

Can't think of a good reason for doing it?
WE have to supply a MOTIVE???
The collapse wasn't symmetrical?

I'm stunned at the weakness of response, considering this 'death knell' - answers nothing about what makes the event remarkable. A collapsed building is in itself not suspicious.

Btw I just searched the pdf and the words symmetry or symmetrical or any aspect realting to the specific manner of collapse (unless 'vertical progression' is what you refer to) is absent.

Looks like Shill Systems Inc Albuquerque, New Mexico will have to sink another few million dollars into it to make this turkey fly.
jsut_peopel
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: The death of MIHOP Reply with quote

prole art threat wrote:
chipmunk stew wrote:
prole art threat wrote:

Exactly the kind of comments that, again, do your movement no favours at all. Congratulations.
jsut_peopel
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chek wrote:

Ok. How did this "massive heat" affect the collapse of the towers?

Quote:

A motive would be a good start yes.

Well, the mess it left behind doesn't look very symmetrical. Maybe you'd like to show me otherwise.

Quote:
I'm stunned at the weakness of response, considering this 'death knell' - answers nothing about what makes the event remarkable. A collapsed building is in itself not suspicious.

What apart from the fact that terrorists decided to fly planes into the twin towers is remarkable exactly?

Quote:
Btw I just searched the pdf and the words symmetry or symmetrical or any aspect realting to the specific manner of collapse (unless 'vertical progression' is what you refer to) is absent.

Have you actually read the document you are criticising? Using an automated search to look for key words is not the same thing as reading it.

Quote:
Looks like Shill Systems Inc Albuquerque, New Mexico will have to sink another few million dollars into it to make this turkey fly.

Looks like more moonbat paranoia that will stop people from taking you seriously.
chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsut_peopel wrote:
chek wrote:

Quote:

Well, the mess it left behind doesn't look very symmetrical. Maybe you'd like to show me otherwise.

Quote:

What apart from the fact that terrorists decided to fly planes into the twin towers is remarkable exactly?

Quote:

Have you actually read the document you are criticising? Using an automated search to look for key words is not the same thing as reading it.

Quote:

Looks like more moonbat paranoia that will stop people from taking you seriously.

Yet more non answers. I'll wait a little longer while you confer.
prole art threat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chek wrote:

Gobble gobble. Laughing Laughing Laughing

jsut_peopel
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chek wrote:
jsut_peopel wrote:
chek wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Oh I'm sorry, if you clarify the points up there I just asked you about, we can have a discussion. Until you offer me something of substance to discuss with you all I can do is ask you for clarification of your points. So by all means give me your answers and we can progress.
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the JREF's have voted for WTC7 to try and plump some straw under the argument

Read the document

Quite funny

Given a couple of days, easy enough to take apart

Get Mark Roberts here and it might be worth the effort: I'm sure that's already in the pipeline Very Happy Wink

prole art threat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This deluded Mark Roberts guy, what does he actually do for a living?
chipmunk stew
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

prole art threat wrote:
Mark Roberts, what does he actually do for a living?

He's a tour guide in NYC.

What do you think of the information presented in the document?
chipmunk stew
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: The death of MIHOP Reply with quote

chek wrote:
While there is lots of documentation of FDNY predicting a collapse - and that some collapse was expected

I think you should re-read the hundred-some quotes from eyewitnesses starting around page 37. They expected total collapse.
chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chipmunk stew wrote:
prole art threat wrote:

The testimonies are good to have in a single source - I'm still reading through the previous download I have.
But as an explanation, it's thin.
When I see an explantion that addresses all the issues, then I'll be impressed.
Is it a beta release pending feedback?
chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsut_peopel wrote:
chek wrote:
jsut_peopel wrote:
chek wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Oh I'm sorry, if you clarify the points up there I just asked you about, we can have a discussion. Until you offer me something of substance to discuss with you all I can do is ask you for clarification of your points. So by all means give me your answers and we can progress.

Sorry mate, I think I'll wait till the organ grinder shows up. No offence.
prole art threat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chipmunk stew wrote:
prole art threat wrote:

It's bollox and it will never see daylight. It will never be published because the guy is mentally ill. How come he hasnt asked Jimmy Walters for that million, yet?

prole art threat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your delusion was peeled away and you could see how you are going out of your way to hinder a beautiful movement, you would be horrified. Youre dirty, sickening people, like rodents scurrying around, scavenging for cheap tricks. Quite disgusting. There is a double bed in hell with yours and Mark Roberts' name tag on it.
chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: The death of MIHOP Reply with quote

chipmunk stew wrote:
chek wrote:
While there is lots of documentation of FDNY predicting a collapse - and that some collapse was expected

I think you should re-read the hundred-some quotes from eyewitnesses starting around page 37. They expected total collapse.

I accept that some collapse was expected - I don't know how anyone could expect total collapse - as in every last girder - let alone a collapse so neat as to leave a debris field of no more than perimeter plus 70ft (NIST figure).
To attempt to imply that would happen naturally - and indeed is the only possible outcome is - misleading to say the least.
chipmunk stew
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chek wrote:

You're right, he doesn't address symmetry directly. However, starting on about page 75 he addresses the messiness of the collapse, the "squibs", the lack of explosions directly before the collapse, "near freefall", "minor fires", Stephen Jones' deliberate(?) misrepresentations, an on and on and on.

But you're interested in "symmetry", which I guess is the ultimate test of whether or not something is a CD. Okay, first get familiar with this:
http://wtc.nist.gov/progress_report_june04/appendixl.pdf
Particularly pages L-27 through L-31, L-34 through L-36, and L-46 through L-51.
Look for the phrase "horizontal progression of failure".
Also, the collapse wasn't really all that symmetrical. The east penthouse dropped several seconds before the rest of the building began to drop, the collapse resulted in massive damage to the upper section of 30 West Broadway (north of WTC7), and the building kinked and listed to the south. This site shows that last point very clearly, near the bottom:
http://www.debunking911.com/pull.htm
chipmunk stew
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chek wrote:
chipmunk stew wrote:
prole art threat wrote:

The testimonies are good to have in a single source - I'm still reading through the previous download I have.

I don't know. But he's very open to constructive feedback. His email address is on the cover page.

edit: Alternatively, you could register at JREF forum, which he frequents. Or you could email him and ask if he would address your concerns here (he has an active account, I believe).
chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chipmunk stew wrote:
chek wrote:
chipmunk stew wrote:
prole art threat wrote:

I don't know. But he's very open to constructive feedback. His email address is on the cover page.

edit: Alternatively, you could register at JREF forum, which he frequents. Or you could email him and ask if he would address your concerns here (he has an active account, I believe).

Uh... is that it? What with all the build up I was expecting to be sending hate mail to Steve Jones this eveniing.
Ah well - better luck next time.
chipmunk stew
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a beautiful movement
by prole art threat

Youre dirty, sickening people,
like rodents scurrying around,
scavenging for cheap tricks.

Quite disgusting.

There is a double bed in hell
with yours and Mark Roberts' name tag on it.
chipmunk stew
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chek wrote:
chipmunk stew wrote:
chek wrote:
chipmunk stew wrote:
prole art threat wrote:

Uh... is that it? What with all the build up I was expecting to be sending hate mail to Steve Jones this eveniing.
Ah well - better luck next time.

What do you mean: "Is that it?" You asked me about feedback. Are you going to contact the "organ grinder" or not? Maybe after conversing with Mark, you will be sending Jones hate mail. (It's doubtful, as you're one of the true believers. But hope springs eternal.)
chipmunk stew
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John White wrote:
Get Mark Roberts here and it might be worth the effort: I'm sure that's already in the pipeline

It's not, but if you'd like him to address you personally, his email is on the cover page. Invite him here if you think it would be a worthwhile effort.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: