FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Defining photos of the Wars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntiZionistAntiNeocon
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Defining photos of the Wars Reply with quote

During the Vietnam War, one photo was released which is now very famous. It shows a girl running down a street, who had been burnt by a fire because the US had used napalm to attack them. It has become one of the defining photos of the Vietnam war.

During the Afghanistan War and the Iraq War, there have also been a lot of powerful photos. Here is one which I think is very powerful. It is from Tal Afar in Iraq:

An Iraqi family was travelling in a car and was fired upon by US troops. The children inside saw both parents killed in front of their own eyes. This girl has her hands and face covered in blood. The blood on her face makes it look like she is crying tears of blood. Her dress has a pattern of red flowers.

There are more from this series of photos. You can see on the BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/spl/hi/picture_gallery/05/middle_east_s hooting_in_tal_afar/html/4.stm

That young boy looks so shocked and frightened that he cannot even move. The BBC says that one of the children suffered "a non-life threatening wound". According to Getty images, one of the children, who was 11 years old, was paralysed.

This photo won a competition too:

http://gettyawards.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=contests&id=10

What pictures do you think are powerful in showing the War in Afghanistan or Iraq?

PS - I got the picture from the site of the photographer, which is here: http://www.chrishondrosphotography.com/work_int/IRAQ%20SLIDE%201_files  /frame.htm

It is probably copyright.
________
Toyota T engine

slide0001_image001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  78.86 KB
 Viewed:  81 Time(s)

slide0001_image001.jpg

Last edited by AntiZionistAntiNeocon on Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:45 am; edited 3 times in total
doctorjaclblack
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This makes me feel very sad, upset, I'm in shock looking through this.

I am disgusted by the "US Military" and the Bush administration - I long for the day Bush stands trial for murder - although I doubt it will ever happen.

What a terrible world we live in.
Bicnarok
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

war is terrible whoever is taking part.

Those who suffer the most are the kids, mothers and civilians.
And the way some poeple behave in the military is rediculous.

I was (unfortunately) in the first Gulf war and I can tell you how much emphasis is put on the geneva convention, treating the enemy with respect etc.

But some soldiers are lunatics and just want to shoot people, such folk shouldn´t be allowed in the forces imo unless they are put on a battle field with other similiar people.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: