FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Psycology of Gatekeepers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntiZionistAntiNeocon
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Psycology of Gatekeepers Reply with quote

Hi...

"Gatekeepers" are those people that are famous personalities, and are held as examples of intelligence, critical thought, and sometimes are also anti-establishment.

They could be considered the "leaders" of public thought and frame the discourse.

WITHOUT MENTIONING SPECIFIC NAMES, please suggest why these people, especially "Left Gatekeepers" seem to be so afraid or even plainly hostile to the idea that 9/11 and 7/7 were false-flag events?

Why are they in denial? Why are they afraid of even looking at the evidence? Why are they hostile to our suggestions? What is the psycology behind their attitude?
________
Motorcycle tires

Last edited by AntiZionistAntiNeocon on Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
andrewwatson
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have thought lot about this: it is very puzzling. There are literally hundreds of writers, journalists, commentators and actors who by any reasonable stretch of the imagination should be marching behind our banner - or at least sympathetic. I could mention names. Maybe Noel and Ian would prefer me not to. So I won't. But you know the people I am thinking of, the liberally aware 'Hampstead' and 'Camden' set. The ennobled novelists, left-wing playwrights, veteran activist great lady of the theatre, the author of plays about Burgess and Blunt, the brilliant incisive late night TV intervewer, the much-loved Labour maverick who smokes a pipe and drinks tea, the comedian who told us not to mention the war.... where are they all?

My only possible explanation is that they see the 'hijackers' in some way as heroes whose achievement should not be denied them - that they gave the West a bloody nose. If so , they are simply substituting one myth for another. It will not help any of us in the long run to turn false-flag into blowback for the sake of saving the face of 'oppressed Muslims'.
paul wright

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andrewwatson wrote:
I have thought lot about this: it is very puzzling. There are literally hundreds of writers, journalists, commentators and actors who by any reasonable stretch of the imagination should be marching behind our banner - or at least sympathetic. I could mention names. Maybe Noel and Ian would prefer me not to. So I won't. But you know the people I am thinking of, the liberally aware 'Hampstead' and 'Camden' set. The ennobled novelists, left-wing playwrights, veteran activist great lady of the theatre, the author of plays about Burgess and Blunt, the brilliant incisive late night TV intervewer, the much-loved Labour maverick who smokes a pipe and drinks tea, the comedian who told us not to mention the war.... where are they all?

My only possible explanation is that they see the 'hijackers' in some way as heroes whose achievement should not be denied them - that they gave the West a bloody nose. If so , they are simply substituting one myth for another. It will not help any of us in the long run to turn false-flag into blowback for the sake of saving the face of 'oppressed Muslims'.

Nope Andrew. They are all dependent on the status quo, albeit the status is in fact in rapid transition, for their livelihood and mental integrity
If they let that go, in their view, they let everything go that has built their power and influence and are condemned forever as loonies
Same with the little man versions of politico flagwavers
They cannot get it or let others get the point because their whole reality is threatened
As those who've taken the step know, nothing other than a certain obsessiveness in following and publicising leads is the dire outcome
But these people are trapped in their chronically-armoured sado-masochist reality never able to let go of the unending mythically-created construct of painful struggle
And they don't want anybody else out of the cage either

moeen yaseen
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Psychology of gatekeepers Reply with quote

Nice one AntizionistAntiNeocon- you have a good and transparent name.
The question you raise is relevant and timely. It delves into something more than denial. This was clearly shown at the meeting of which I have sent a post on A World to Win or Lose? It is one thing for them to deny but another to censor this in public debate. This should NOT be allowed at the forthcoming Respect conference in November 18th in central London on Islamophobia. They have widely publicised that they wish to listen to the widest base of people on Islamophobia and combatting it. Well let us make sure we are heard and that false flag State sponsored terror and it's relationship to a quasi police State bolstered by fear is highlighted.
The enemy is within the establishment not out there. We are fighting for our Magna Carta not just Muslims.
Andrew should realise also that 9/11 or 7/7 for that matter are obviously not blowback indeed the real blowback has not happened yet- you know there is an expression that what goes around comes around. However, the exact manifestation may take us by surprise- for a starter how about a PETRODINAR as opposed to the PETRODOLLAR. This could happen overnight and I mean overnight - all it needs is the right leadership with balls(excuse the expression) then we shall see where Might is Right and White is Right stands or falls.
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:09 am    Post subject: Re: Psycology of Gatekeepers Reply with quote

AntiZionistAntiNeocon wrote:
Hi...

"Gatekeepers" are those people that are famous personalities, and are held as examples of intelligence, critical thought, and sometimes are also anti-establishment.

They could be considered the "leaders" of public thought and frame the discourse.

WITHOUT MENTIONING SPECIFIC NAMES, please suggest why these people, especially "Left Gatekeepers" seem to be so afraid or even plainly hostile to the idea that 9/11 and 7/7 were false-flag events?

Why are they in denial? Why are they afraid of even looking at the evidence? Why are they hostile to our suggestions? What is the psycology behind their attitude?

I think a lot of fear is involved, fear of losing their status as a respected person, fear of ridicule, fear of being called "conspiracy theorist" , fear of losing friendships, fear of upsetting loved ones, fear of being wrong, fear of being associated with crazy people.

A Buddhist friend recently said to me "the opposite of fear is love" and I've been thinking about that a lot, recently. If we love strongly enough we lose our fear. Therefore I think those we might consider gatekeepers should be approached by us with love. I think we are too inclined to accuse them of some kind of betrayal. We need to show that we are their friends, that we can support them and that our support is worthwhile. So people need to be approached very cautiously and gently and we should be prepared for them to take a long time to consider the evidence we present them with and assure them that we will respect their opinion even though it may differ from our own.

We can lead horses to the water but we can't make them drink.

Perhaps others can enlarge on how such approaches should be made, and also try out the kinds of approaches we suggest.
Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow if I'd seen this thread earlier I'd have posted this here Surprised
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=276589 26&blogID=186208431&Mytoken=6DAE5DD5-295A-439B-BDD4FA5E41F385F27450222 0

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
andrewwatson
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dh
Super Poster

Mind how you go today dh!
blackbear
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the left gatekeepers pop along to this site too often.......

http://www.giyus.org/

well at least Nick Cohen of the Observer, David Aaronovitch of the Times, and the supporters of the "Euston Manifesto".

Don't forget the pipeline or the holocaust against the black moustaches.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: