FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

9/11 eyewitness
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ignatz
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: 9/11 eyewitness Reply with quote

Apart from the horror described, the state of WTC7 later on in this account is especially important

"I was at the WTC on 9/11.

I witnessed the entire chain of events.

I wrote a summary of what I saw for Gravy's WTC7 paper. I'll post it here (its a little long though):

I saw both planes hit. I would commute from NJ. Sometimes I'd take the PATH train from Hoboken, on nice days I'd take the ferry. 9/11 was a beautiful morning, and I took the ferry. I got off the ferry at the World financial center and began walking to my office on 45 Broadway. To do this, you have to walk DIRECTLY toward WTC1 As I was walking I heard a jets roar. I looked up. Now [feel free to delete this if it will make CT’ers take it out of context] I expected it to me some sort of military plane since every now and then military jets do fly down the Hudson river. IT WAS NOT. I saw a huge jetliner fly over me and SLAM IN TO THE TOWER!!! I had a PERFECT vantage point. Even then, I couldn’t actually process what I had seen. I kept thinking it couldn’t have been an American Airlines plane, sure that’s what I saw, but it just couldn’t have been. It had to be something else.

I didn't know what to do. Should I get back on the ferry and go home or should I go to my office? I went to my office. I found a group of co-workers standing behind our building on Greenwich and Rector street looking at the burning building, and we started talking about what happened. Some saw the crash, and some just saw the fire. The ones that didn't see the crash didn't believe me and those of us that did see it that it was a jetliner. They assumed, as I did before I saw the plane, that it was a private or military plane. They couldn't imagine it was a jetliner. Of course, they didn't actually see what I and the others did.

We all thought it had to be an accident. I was talking about how the buildings are designed to survive a hit like this and how it would be OK.

Smoke was pouring out, debris was flying everywhere, we were joking around saying its like Godzilla has attacked. We were all looking up at the towers. From our vantage point we had a perfect view of both towers (google map 45 Broadway and you'll see where I was).

It was then when the second plane flew over us and slammed in to the south tower. The force of the blast knocked a couple of people standing with to the ground.

That’s when we all realized we were under attack.

My coworker looked at me and said "was that another airliner?" I said yeah, I thought it was a US Airways plane, but another coworker said it was a United plane.

For the next few minutes, we were standing there basically saying "Holy ****!" over and over again, trying to decide what to do now. That’s when we heard another jet. Me and one of my coworkers went to hit the deck, but another coworker (who had been in the Israeli Air Force) said NO, that’s an F-16. Sure enough an F-16 flew by.

After that I went with my colleague closer to the towers, we walked up to Church and Liberty Streets. I've seen some awful things in my life, but this was by far the worst. There was debris and rubble everywhere (and the towers were still standing. Stuff was falling out of the sky like rain. And my colleague said look at that, pointing at a lot of shoes lying on the ground, not in a pile or anything, just scattered around. I thought that it must be from one of the shoe stores in the mall, or from Century 21 somehow, until he pointed out that the shoes still have feet in them.

That’s when I had to leave and go back to my office and call my pregnant wife, if for no other reason to tell her I love her.

I went up in to my office and called my wife who worked in Brooklyn. We couldn’t call out of the 5 boroughs, our long distance was down. So after talking to my wife and telling her I was OK, I went back down to the back of the building (where we had the best view.) The flames were intense coming out of the south tower (2wtc) and even being blocks away and much lower, I could feel the heat on my face and it was hot. It was like being in front of a roaring fireplace. I remember thinking “how the hell are they going to repair this?” It was then when I commented to another coworker about all of the debris still falling out (it had been a while now, almost an hour) and he said “Mike, those are people!” I said “No way!” He said, “Look that one has arms and legs!” And then I saw that the debris I was looking at was actually people falling or jumping out of the building.

That’s when I needed to go inside.

About 15 minutes later, we felt the earth shake. No one knew what was happening. At first we thought another plane had hit the stock exchange, or our building, or something else. So we all evacuated our office and went down the stairs to the lobby. When we got to the lobby, it was dark. You see, 45 Broadway’s lobby is almost all glass, probably 5 stories high, with a waterfall fountain in the middle. It was one of the strangest things I’ve ever seen. The glass was black. I mean 100% totally dark. The only thing I was thinking was “what the hell” and that’s when people started realizing that one of the towers fell. Then occasionally we’d see a shadow up against the glass, a person stuck in the dust. We’d pull them in and clean them up in the fountain.

After a while I decided to go back upstairs to our office. Power in our building was fine, and there was no damage to our building. The lobby was like a refugee center. So I took my team back upstairs. A little while later the dust settled and we could see outside. It was crazy, it looked like a snowstorm had hit. 6-8 inches of grayish white dust everywhere. It was eerie. No one knew what to do. I decided that I was going to stay put and listen to the news.

A little while later the second building came down, and the dust hit and made all of the windows black again. This time it wasn’t so bad since we knew what was happening.

I don’t really remember much of what we did between the time the second tower came down and when a cop finally came in to our office and said we had to evacuate the building since all of downtown was being shutdown, and cleared out. That was around 2:30 IIRC.

All I knew was that I had to somehow get to my wife in Brooklyn. So we started walking up Broadway when a cop told us it was closed and we had to go east. So we went over to Nassau St. When I hit the area near Cedar St, I could start to see the devastation. There was giant beams and junk everywhere. When I hit Fulton St. (I think) I could finally get over to Broadway to see the damage. There was rubble 20 stories high. It’s a sight I can’t even explain. It was a complete disaster. I was in total shock. That’s when I saw WTC7 on fire. I didn’t even notice it at first. There was hot dust and debris raining down, thick smoke billowing overhead. Building 7 wasn’t even a blip on my radar. But then I noticed it. It was on fire like the towering inferno. I mean flames were everywhere. I thought there were flames coming out on all floors, but I guess that’s because of all of the smoke. I kept looking at the building. It had so much debris up against it, and I mean big huge chucks of debris. Without you actually being there, you just can’t get the enormous scale of the disaster. The twisted steel and chunks of concrete were just so huge that my mind couldn’t comprehend it. And these were piled up against the building and sticking out of it at some levels. I can’t stress enough how enormous these beams and debris were. All of the pictures show the pile, but without actually seeing it, it is truly indescribable. WTC7 had granite of marble façade and there were HUGE cracks going up and down the façade too.

Anyway, I was looking at WTC7 and I noticed that it wasn’t looking like it was straight. It was really weird. The closest corner to me (the SE corner) was kind of out of whack with the SW corner. It was impossible to tell whether that corner (the SW) was leaning over more or even if it was leaning the other way. With all of the smoke and the debris pile, I couldn’t exactly tell what was going on, but I sure could see the building was leaning over in a way it certainly should not be. I asked another guy looking with me and he said “That building is going to come down, we better get out of here.” So we did.

I walked down Fulton to try to get on to the Brooklyn Bridge. Cops told me it was closed, even though there were people walking on it. So I had to then walk uptown to the Manhattan Bridge. There were literally thousands of people walking across the bridge. It looked like refugees. As I was walking over the bridge, we all heard a Jet screaming. This is absolutely the worst part of the whole day for me. Time stopped. No one made a sound. It was the scariest thing I have ever felt. I thought, “It’s another plane, that’s what I’d do if I were a terrorist. Wait until everyone is evacuating and hit the bridges.” I truly thought my life was over. You know how they say your life flashes before your eyes? Well it’s true. I saw every victory and every tragedy I’d ever experienced. And I thought to myself, “well, I’ve had a good life, I only wish I’d have been able to see my child born (my wife was 4.5 months pregnant). Then I saw it was an F-15 and all of a sudden, all was well. I truly felt like I had been given a new life.

That’s about it, I got to my wife’s office, and we rented a car, and drove home to NJ. Then for the next couple of weeks I watched the news and cried a lot"

chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the building collapse itself that's suspicious.
It's the collapse into perimeter plus 70ft.
Just like a controlled demolition.
Explain that and you're home free.
If not, you've got nothing.
Ignatz
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chek wrote:

Come up with an even remotely plausible reason why anybody might want to demolish WTC7.

blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Come up with an even remotely plausible reason why anybody might want to demolish WTC7.

It was full of records pertaining to the investigation of corporate financial scandals and had backup records to those of the Pentagon relating to the "missing" $2.3 trillion. The same paper trail that was destroyed, along with personnel working on the case, when the incredible shrinking plane struck the part of the Pentagon where the bookkeepers/accountants were working.
Bicnarok
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a good reason, plus the insurance money the owner would get.
pepik
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's not the building collapse itself that's suspicious. It's the collapse into perimeter plus 70ft.
"That's right Cheney, we've finished wiring the building. It would collapse on its own anyway, but the perimeter was going to be too big."

"How does that matter Joe?"

"You know we like to make things as complicated as possible, Dick."

"Right! That is the golden rule. But won't it look suspicious? I mean if it collapes in a large perimeter, nobody will be suspicious, but if it falls within a 70ft perimiter, people are going to ask questions"

"That's true. Maybe we could just shred the documents instead? Or delete them?"

"Damn! Wish we'd though of that earlier. But its too late, the CIA agents aren't going back in there. It was hard enough to wire 47 floors and nearly 2 million square feet of office space without anyone noticing. If we go back and take them out, someone might notice this time. Besides, our agents are busy putting the final touches on setting explosives for the 220 floors of the World Trade Center, and believe me the overtime is killing us."

"OK and have we organised a clean up crew, you know our own guys?"

"Yeah we're just going to use the same guys that are demolishing and cleaning up WTC 3, 4, 5, and 6."

"Wait... we set charges in those buildings too?"

"No, they're going to be demolished afterwards."

"Why the hell are we going to all this trouble for WTC7 when we could have just knocked it down afterwards?"

"DAMNIT! You're right. Well, as I said, its too late now. Maybe we can do that for the Pentagon? We should call them."

"Oh you don't want to hear about the Pentagon plan. If you think this is a completely idiotic, totally contradictory, spectacular farce of a plan... well wait until you hear about our pentagon plan."
Ignatz
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackcat wrote:
Quote:

It was full of records pertaining to the investigation of corporate financial scandals and had backup records to those of the Pentagon relating to the "missing" $2.3 trillion. The same paper trail that was destroyed, along with personnel working on the case, when the incredible shrinking plane struck the part of the Pentagon where the bookkeepers/accountants were working.

And blow them all over Manhattan, the way thousands of other documents were that day? Don't you think that putting them through a shredder might have been a lot easier and more reliable?

Try again.

Patrick Brown
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignatz wrote:
chek wrote:

I want to see photographic evidence and video footage. I would also like to know the source of that eyewitness account and read it in context with many others before I accept the level of damaged reported.

I'm not for one moment denying 7 was hit by large chunks of debris. Although I am curious how a building selected to be the mayors bunker could not withstand such impacts. A partial collapse due to the design of the building may have been believably but the complete collapse is not.

A degree of damaged to building 7 may have been factored in by the perpetrators of 911 although I suspect they didn't get the math right. The large chunks of steel seen being ejected from the north tower suggest explosives were involved. If explosive weren't involved then why haven't NIST released computer simulations of the collapse of the twin towers? Oh I forgot they didn't bother to report on the actual collapses did they! It was only deemed relevant to report on events up to the collapse of the towers but not bother with the events occurring as the towers collapse!!

The south tower starts to collapses towards the impact zone thereby disallowing an explosive exhaust through the hole in it's side. The north tower collapses away from the impact zone thereby allowing matter forced by explosive charges to be ejected towards building 7 from the hole in it's side. As said a mis-calculation.

Both towers slightly fall away from building 7 even though the north tower due to the side of impact should have fallen slightly towards building 7. The perpetrators thought they had factored in a degree of safety, remember it's believed the show was ran from the mayors bunker. Unfortunately they didn't see fit to account for the explosive pressures seeking the least path of resistance in exiting the falling tower and this is why we have such pyrotechnics from the north tower collapse.

pepik
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I want to see photographic evidence and video footage.
Why? So you can claim it was faked/altered? Why not just skip the intermediate step and do it now?
Quote:
I would also like to know the source of that eyewitness account and read it in context with many others before I accept the level of damaged reported.
You want to know, yet your fingers cannot manage the effort of googling it. This information could be located in seconds if you actually cared.
Quote:
I am curious how a building selected to be the mayors bunker could not withstand such impacts.
It did survive the impact. It took several hours of uncontrolled fires for it to collapse.
Quote:
this is why we have such pyrotechnics from the north tower collapse.
Yes, the building burns out of control for a while and then when it collapses smoke and ash comes out. We definitely need a computer model to explain that mysterious sequence of events.
Ignatz
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bicnarok wrote:
thats a good reason, plus the insurance money the owner would get.

Ridiculous.

If you torched your own house you wouldn't get a fat sum on which to retire to the S of France, would you? You're obliged to rebuild with that money, as Silverstein has done with WTC7. And you will never be paid more than the rebuilding costs. Meanwhile if you're not careful you might well be underinsured.

In fact he's massively out of pocket on the whole WTC business as things stand.

http://www.swissinfo.org/eng/top_news/detail/Swiss_Re_wins_World_Trade _Center_case.html?siteSect=106&sid=7175845&cKey=1161246068000

http://911myths.com/html/windfall.html

"$4.6 billion in insurance money, $6.3 billion in costs? Not such a great deal, " ( especially as Swiss Re has now won its case against double payment and the 4.5 billion needs to be reduced)

"he had an $861 million insurance (on WTC7)" - which was insured separately.

Rebuilding costs approx $900 million and a building that is substantially under-let at the moment.

http://www.silversteinproperties.com/inner_page.aspx?id=5

Last edited by Ignatz on Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
chipmunk stew
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepik wrote:
Quote:
I would also like to know the source of that eyewitness account and read it in context with many others before I accept the level of damaged reported.
You want to know, yet your fingers cannot manage the effort of googling it. This information could be located in seconds if you actually cared.

Click the link in my sig Patrick.

You're going to have to find a new Smoking Gun.

chipmunk stew
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick Brown wrote:
The south tower starts to collapses towards the impact zone thereby disallowing an explosive exhaust through the hole in it's side. The north tower collapses away from the impact zone thereby allowing matter forced by explosive charges to be ejected towards building 7 from the hole in it's side. As said a mis-calculation.

Both towers slightly fall away from building 7 even though the north tower due to the side of impact should have fallen slightly towards building 7. The perpetrators thought they had factored in a degree of safety, remember it's believed the show was ran from the mayors bunker. Unfortunately they didn't see fit to account for the explosive pressures seeking the least path of resistance in exiting the falling tower and this is why we have such pyrotechnics from the north tower collapse.

And they would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!

"Explosive exhaust." I think you should run with this. It could be the very thing that puts those eeevil neocons in front of the firing squad.

Patrick Brown
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chipmunk stew wrote:
pepik wrote:
Quote:

I'm reading the PDF document you've referred me to and it seems to have been written just for the eyes of those that would challenge the official story. I'm reading it but it sounds as if it was written by a shill.

I'll let you know if I change my mind.

chipmunk stew
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick Brown wrote:
chipmunk stew wrote:
pepik wrote:
Quote:

I'm reading the PDF document you've referred me to and it seems to have been written just for the eyes of those that would challenge the official story. I'm reading it but it sounds as if it was written by a shill.

It was written by a "shill" (using the word loosely here). But it contains a goldmine of information, and it's all sourced.
You'll see dozens of quotes about the condition of 7 and it's anticipated collapse.

aggle-rithm
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick Brown wrote:
I'm not for one moment denying 7 was hit by large chunks of debris. Although I am curious how a building selected to be the mayors bunker could not withstand such impacts.

For Christ's sake, this isn't Hitler under the Reichstag, and it's not Superman in his freakin' Fortress of Solitude! It's just a field office for the mayor of a city that hadn't been attacked in almost two centuries. Having skyscraper chunks falling on it was probably not part of any reasonable contingency plan.

Geez....
aggle-rithm
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick Brown wrote:

A partial collapse due to the design of the building may have been believably but the complete collapse is not.

This is an argument from incredulity. This means your argument consists of "It's not true because I don't believe it." The problem with this type of argument is that, if it were valid, then the fabric of reality would be determined by the most dim-witted among us -- the less you know, the less you are able to imagine is possible. People who are educated and trained in analyzing these types of situations have no problem believing it, and, unlike you, there is an objective basis for their belief.
Patrick Brown
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chipmunk stew wrote:
Patrick Brown wrote:
chipmunk stew wrote:
pepik wrote:
Quote:

It was written by a "shill" (using the word loosely here). But it contains a goldmine of information, and it's all sourced.
You'll see dozens of quotes about the condition of 7 and it's anticipated collapse.

Definitely written by a shill.

In fact it's quite amusing that our author make such a big deal out of the 'pull it' quote. Silverstein made those comments on a PBS documentary not on the day so it's not really evidence.

The thing that 911 investigators find of interest is simply the use of the terms 'pull' and 'pull it' and even then it's only of minor interest. And of course Silverstein was at home does anybody really think he would want to be there with buildings collapsing all around?

Oh and by the way some of the links to eyewitness reports have been removed from the New York Times website!

Patrick Brown
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aggle-rithm wrote:
Patrick Brown wrote:

A partial collapse due to the design of the building may have been believably but the complete collapse is not.

This is an argument from incredulity. This means your argument consists of "It's not true because I don't believe it." The problem with this type of argument is that, if it were valid, then the fabric of reality would be determined by the most dim-witted among us -- the less you know, the less you are able to imagine is possible. People who are educated and trained in analyzing these types of situations have no problem believing it, and, unlike you, there is an objective basis for their belief.

Now you're just being silly.

aggle-rithm
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick Brown wrote:
aggle-rithm wrote:
Patrick Brown wrote:

Now you're just being silly.

Well, I guess I can't argue with that razor-sharp logic.
chipmunk stew
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick Brown wrote:
chipmunk stew wrote:
Patrick Brown wrote:
chipmunk stew wrote:
pepik wrote:
Quote:

Definitely written by a shill.

In fact it's quite amusing that our author make such a big deal out of the 'pull it' quote. Silverstein made those comments on a PBS documentary not on the day so it's not really evidence.

The thing that 911 investigators find of interest is simply the use of the terms 'pull' and 'pull it' and even then it's only of minor interest. And of course Silverstein was at home does anybody really think he would want to be there with buildings collapsing all around?

This "shill" (his name is Mark Roberts and he's a tour guide in NYC) makes a big deal of it because MANY Troothers make a big deal of it.

Quote:
Oh and by the way some of the links to eyewitness reports have been removed from the New York Times website!

Which ones? Are you sure they've been removed? Maybe the links are broken and can be repaired. Please email Mr. Roberts with any corrections you find (or post them here).

Patrick Brown
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chipmunk stew wrote:
pepik wrote:
Quote:

OK here's the rest of the eyewitness reports from this shill document (the main drive of this document seems to be to pit the firefighters against anybody that doesn't believe the real story) : http://www.911myths.com/WTC7_Lies.pdf

There are of course probably many more eyewitness accounts so we should bear that in mind when reading through this selection as the author does seem to be a shill. I've only read a few but you get the impression that the 'idea' the building was going to collapse was 'propagated' very early on in the day. I'm going to read through these accounts and see if they seem consistent.

Quote:
Some Eyewitness Accounts of the WTC 7 Fires

Finding 2.25: The fire alarm system that was monitoring WTC 7 sent
to the monitoring company only one signal (at 10:00:52 a.m. shortly
after the collapse of WTC 2) indicating a fire condition in the
building on September 11, 2001. This signal did not contain any specific
information about the location of the fire within the building.
[The alarm had been set to “test” mode due to maintenance work]
http://wtc.nist.gov/progress_report_june04/chapter1.pdf (pg28)

1. We walked over by number Seven World Trade Center as it was burning and saw
this 40-plus story building with fire on nearly all floors. –FDNY Lieutenant
Robert LaRocca
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110081.PDF
2. ...Just when you thought it was over, you're walking by this building and
you're hearing this building creak and fully involved in flames. It's like, is
it coming down next? Sure enough, about a half an hour later it came down. –
FDNY Lieutenant James McGlynnhttp://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC _GRAPHIC/9110447.PDF
3. I walked out and I got to Vesey and West, where I reported to Frank
[Cruthers]. He said, we’re moving the command post over this way, that building’s
coming down. At this point, the fire was going virtually on every floor,
heavy fire and smoke that really wasn’t bothering us when we were searching because
it was being pushed southeast and we were a little bit west of that. I
remember standing just where West and Vesey start to rise toward the entrance
we were using in the World Financial Center. There were a couple of guys standing
with me and a couple of guys right at the intersection, and we were trying
to back them up – and here goes 7. It started to come down and now people were
starting to run. –FDNY Deputy Chief Nick Visconti
http://www.firehouse.com/terrorist/911/magazine/gz/visconti.html

4. All morning I was watching 7 World Trade burn, which we couldn't do anything
about because it was so much chaos looking for missing members. –
Firefighter Marcel Klaes
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110018.PDF

5. When the building came down it was completely involved in fire, all forty-
seven stories.
–FDNY Assistant Chief Harry Myers (Smith, Dennis, 2002. Report From Ground Zero: The Heroic
Story of the Rescuers at the World Trade Center. New York: Penguin Putnam. p. 160)

6. The concern there again, it was later in the afternoon, 2, 2:30, like I
said. The fear then was Seven. Seven was free burning. Search had been made of
7 already from what they said so they had us back up to that point where we
were waiting for 7 to come down to operate from the north back down. –Captain
Robert Sohmer
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110472.PDF
7. Then we had to move because the Duane Reade, they said, wasn't safe because

building 7 was really roaring. –FDNY Chief Medical Officer Kerry Kelly.
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110207.PDF

8. At this point Seven World Trade was going heavy, and they weren't letting
anybody get too close. Everybody was expecting that to come down. –Firefighter
Vincent Massa
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110222.PDF

9. Chief Cruthers told me that they had formed another command post up on
Chambers Street. At this point there were a couple of floors burning on Seven
World Trade Center. Chief McNally wanted to try and put that fire out, and he
was trying to coordinate with the command post up on Chambers Street. This is
after searching for a while. He had me running back and forth trying to get
companies to go into Seven World Trade Center. His radio didn't seem to be
working right either because he had me relaying information back and forth and
Chief Cruthers had me -Q.
So everything was face-to-face? Nothing was by radio?
A. Yeah, and it was really in disarray. It really was in complete disarray. We
never really got an operation going at Seven World Trade Center. –FDNY Captain
Michael Donovan
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110205.PDF

10. Building #7 was still actively burning and at that time we were advised by
a NYFD Chief that building #7 was burning out of control and imminent collapse
was probable. –PAPD P.O. Edward McQuade http://www.thememoryhole.org/911/pa-
transcripts/pa-police-reports02.pdf page 48.
11. At Vesey St. and West St., I could see that 7 WTC was ablaze and damaged,
along with other buildings.
–M. DeFilippis, PAPD P.O. http://www.thememoryhole.org/911/pa-transcripts/pa-police-
reports03.pdf page 49

[Note: the fires in 7 were probably not mainly due to damage from the south
tower, but from the north.]

12. So yeah then we just stayed on Vesey until building Seven came down. There
was nothing we could do. The flames were coming out of every window of that
building from the explosion of the south tower. So then building Seven came
down. When that started coming down you heard that pancaking sound again everyone
jumped up and starts.
Q: Why was building Seven on fire? Was that flaming debris from tower two, from
tower two that fell onto that building and lit it on fire?
A: Correct. Because it really got going, that building Seven, saw it late in
the day and like the first Seven floors were on fire. It looked like heavy fire
on seven floors. It was fully engulfed, that whole building. There were pieces
of tower two [sic: he probably means tower one] in building Seven and the corners
of the building missing and whatnot. But just looking up at it from
ground level however many stories --it was 40 some odd --you could see the
flames going straight through from one side of the building to the other,
that’s an entire block. –Firefighter Tiernach Cassidyhttp://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC _GRAPHIC/9110413.PDF

13. "We were down about a block from the base of the World Trade Center towers
about an hour ago. And there was a great deal of concern at that time, the
firemen said building number 7 was going to collapse, building number five was
in danger of collapsing. And there's so little they can do to try to fight the
fires in these buildings, because the fires are so massive. And so much of the
buildings continues to fall into the street. When you're down there, Dan, youhear smaller secondary explosions going off every 15 or 20 minutes, and so it's
an extremely dangerous place to be."
–CBS-TV News Reporter Vince DeMentri
http://terrorize.dk/911/witnesses/911.wtc.secondary.explosions.wmv

14. Well, they said that's (7) fully involved at this time. This was a fully
involved building. I said, all right, they're not coming for us for a while.
Now you're trapped in this rubble, and you're trying to get a grasp of an idea
of what's going on there. I heard on the handy talky that we are now fighting a
40-story building fully involved.
Now you're trapped in the rubble and the guys who are there are fighting the
worst high-rise fire in the history of New York or history of the world, probably,
I don't know, 40, story building fully involved, I guess that was probably
the worst.

I was, needless to say, scared to death that something else was going to fall
on us, that this building was going to come down and we were all going to die,
after surviving the worst of it. [Note: I deleted the link this account, and
searching the net for the text doesn’t turn up anything. This sounds like an
account from north tower stairwell B survivor. Anyone who knows for sure, let
me know.]

15. And 7 World Trade was burning up at the time. We could see it. ... the
fire at 7 World Trade was working its way from the front of the building
northbound to the back of the building. There was no way there could be water
put on it, because there was no water in the area. –Firefighter Eugene Kelty
Jr.
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110261.PDF

16. The time was approximately 11a.m. Both of the WTC towers were collapsed
and the streets were covered with debris. Building #7 was still standing but
burning. ...We spoke to with a FDNY Chief who has his men holed up in the US
Post Office building. He informed us that the fires in building 7 were uncontrollable
and that its collapse was imminent. There were no fires inside the
loading dock (of 7) at this time but we could hear explosions deep inside. –
PAPD P.O. William Connors http://www.thememoryhole.org/911/pa-transcripts/pa-policereports04.
pdf page 69

17. "There's number Seven World Trade. That's the OEM bunker." We had a
snicker about that. We looked over, and it's engulfed in flames and starting to
collapse.
We're kind of caught in traffic and people and things, and everything's going
on. We hear over the fire portable, "Everybody evacuate the site. It's going to
collapse." Mark Steffens starts yelling, "Get out of here! Get out of here! Get
out of here! We've got to go! We've got to go! It's going to collapse." I
turned around, and I piped up real loud and said, "Stay in the blasted car.
Roll the windows up. It's pancake collapsing. We'll be fine. The debris will
quit and the cloud will come through. Just stay in the car." We pulled the car

over, turned around and just watched it pancake. We had a dust cloud but nothing
like it was before. –Paramedic Louis Cook
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110103.PDF

Building 7 fire makes rescuer of NT stairwell victim’s route impassable (just
before collapse):

I remember it was bad and I'm going to get to a point where we came back that
way on the way up. We couldn't even go that way, that's how bad the fire was,
but by the time I was coming back it was rolling, more than a couple of floors,
just fully involved, rolling.

...So now it's us 4 and we are walking towards it and I remember it would have
at one point been an easier path to go towards our right, but being building 7
--that must have been building 7 I'm guessing with that fire, we decided to
stay away from that because things were just crackling, falling and whatnot.

So as I’m going back, that fire that was on my right is now on my left. I’m
backtracking and that fire is really going and on the hike towards there, we
put down our masks, which at this point started to realize maybe it would have
been good thing if we had this mask on the way back, but then again between the
fire and about halfway when I was on the way back, I got a radio call from the
guys that we left and it was Johnny Colon the chauffeur of 43, who was effecting
a different rescue. He was carrying somebody out.

He had called me and said “Hey Jerry don’t try and get back out the way you
went in which was big heads up move because he said that building was rolling
on top of the building that we were passing. That building was on fire and
likely to collapse more too.

Between Picciotto asking me are you sure we can get out this way because it
really didn’t look good with that fire and my guy telling me that you better
not because of the area we crawled in was unattainable now too. ...we started
going back the other way.

Q: Would that be towards West Street?
A: That would have been back towards what I know is the Winter Garden....[west]
–Firefighter Gerard Suden
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110022.PDF

18. I remember Chief Hayden saying to me, "We have a six-story building over
there, a seven-story building, fully involved." At that time he said, "7 has
got fire on several floors." He said, "We've got a ten-story over there, another
ten-story over there, a six-story over there, a 13-story over there." He
just looked at me and said, "* 'em all. Let 'em burn." He said, "Just tell
the guys to keep looking for guys. Just keep looking for the brothers. We've
got people trapped. We've got to get them out." –Lieutenant William Ryan
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110117.PDF

19. I walked around the building to get back to the command post and that's
when they were waiting for 7 World Trade Center to come down. ...They had three
floors of fire on three separate floors, probably 10, 11 and 15 it looked like,
just burning merrily. It was pretty amazing, you know, it's the afternoon in
lower Manhattan, a major high-rise is burning, and they said 'we know.' –FDNY
Chief Thomas McCarthyhttp://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WT C_GRAPHIC/9110055.PDF
20. We were champing at the bit," says WCBS-TV reporter Vince DeMentri of his

decision to sneak behind police barricades and report from 7 World Trade Center
a half-hour before it collapsed. "I knew the story was in there." But after he
and his cameraman slipped past officers, they lost all sense of direction.
"From outside this zone, you could figure out where everything was," he says.
"But inside, it was all destruction and blown-out buildings, and we had no
clue. I walked into one building, but I had no idea where I was. The windows
were all blown out. Computers, desks, furniture, and people's possessions were
strewn all over." He found a picture of a little girl lying in the rubble. Then
he realized that No. 7, aflame, was about fifteen to twenty feet ahead of him.

"I looked up Barclay Street," he says. "There was nobody out. No bodies, no injured.
Nobody. There were mounds of burning debris. It was like opening a
broiler." http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/sept11/features/5183/index.html

21. They are worried that number 7 is burning and they are talking about not
ceasing operations.
–Deputy Commissioner Frank Gribbonhttp://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC _GRAPHIC/9110167.PDF

22. There were hundreds of firefighters waiting to --they were waiting for 7
World Trade Center to come down as it was on fire. It was too dangerous to go
in and fight the fire. –Assistant Commissioner James Drury
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110098.PDF
23. We assisted some FDNY personnel who were beginning to attempt to fight the
fire at 7 WTC. We assisted in dragging hose they needed to bring water into the
building. –Kenneth Kohlmann PAPD P.O. http://www.thememoryhole.org/911/patranscripts/
pa-police-reports04.pdf page 26
24. My first thoughts when I came down a little further into the site, south
of Chambers Street, was, "Where am I?" I didn't recognize it. Obviously, the
towers were gone. The only thing that remained standing was a section of the
Vista Hotel. Building 7 was on fire. That was ready to come down. –Charlie
Vitchers, Ground Zero Superintendenthttp://www.pbs.org/americarebuilds/profiles/profiles_vit chers_t.html
Some Eyewitness Accounts of the WTC 7 Damage & Surrounding
Debris

1. The major concern at that time was number Seven, building number Seven,
which had taken a big hit from the north tower. When it fell, it ripped steel
out from between the third and sixth floors across the facade on Vesey Street.
We were concerned that the fires on several floors and the missing steel would
result in the building collapsing. –FDNY Chief Frank Fellini
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110217.PDF
2. At that time, other firefighters started showing up, Deputy Battalion Chief
Paul Ferran of the 41 Battalion, and James Savastano of the First Division assigned
to the Second Battalion showed up and we attempted to search and extinguish,
at the time which was small pockets of fire in 7 World Trade Center. We
were unaware of the damage in the front of 7, because we were entering from the
northeast entrance. We weren't aware of the magnitude of the damage in the
front of the building. – FDNY Captain Anthony Varriale
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110313.PDF

3. [Shortly after the tower collapses] I don.t know how long this was going
on, but I remember standing there looking over at building 7 and realizing that
a big chunk of the lower floors had been taken out on the Vesey Street side. I T
looked up at the building and I saw smoke in it, but I really didn't see any
fire at that time. Deputy ..Chief Nick ViscontiThttp://tinyurl.com/paquxT

4. A few minutes after that a police officer came up to me and told me that
the façade in front of Seven World Trade Center was gone and they thought there
was an imminent collapse of Seven World Trade Center. .FDNY Lieutenant William
Melarango
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110045.PDFT

5. I think they said they hadTseven to ten floors that were freestanding and T
theyTweren't going to send anyone in. .FDNY Chief Thomas McCarthy
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110055.PDFT

6. So we go there and on the north and east side of 7 it didn.t look like
there was any damage at all, but then you looked on the south side of 7 there
had to be a hole 20 stories tall in the building, with fire on several floors.
Debris was falling down on the building and it didn’t look good. But they had a
hose line operating. Like I said, it was hitting the sidewalk across the
street, but eventually they pulledTback too.

Then we received an order from Fellini, we.re going to make a move on 7. That
was the first time really my stomach tightened up because the building didn.t
look good. I was figuring probablyTthe standpipe systems were shot. There was
no hydrant pressure. I wasn.t really keen on the idea. Then this other officer
I.m standing next to said, that building doesn.t look straight. So I.m standing
there. I.m looking at the building. It didn.t look right, but, well, we.ll go
in, we.ll see. T

So we gathered up rollups and most of us had masks at that time. We headed to-
ward 7. And just around we were about a hundred yards away and Butch Brandeis
came running up. He said forget it, nobody.s going into 7, there’s creaking,
there are noises coming out of there, so we just stopped. And probably about 10
minutes after that, Visconti, he was on West Street, and I guess he had another
report of further damage either in some basements and things like that, so Vis-T
conti said nobody goes into 7, so that was the final thing and that was aban-
doned. T

Firehouse Magazine: When you looked at the south side, how close were you to
the base of that side?T

Boyle: I was standing right next to the building, probably right next to it.T

Firehouse: When you had fire on the 20 floors, was it in one window or many?T

There was a huge gaping hole and it was scattered through there. It was a huge
hole. I would say it was probably a third of it, right in the middle of it. And T
so after Visconti came down and said nobody goes in 7, we said all right, we.ll
head back to the command post...TCapt. Chris Boyle http://tinyurl.com/e7bzpT

7. After the initial blast, Housing Authority worker Barry Jennings, 46, re-
ported to a command center on the 23rd floor of 7 World Trade Center. He was
with Michael Hess, the city's corporation counsel, when they felt and heard an-
other explosion. First calling for help, they scrambled downstairs to the T

lobby, or what was left of it. "I looked around, the lobby was gone. It looked
like hell," Jennings said.
http://www.record-eagle.com/2001/sep/11scene.htm

8. Anyway, I was looking at WTC7 and I noticed that it wasn’t looking like it
was straight. It was really weird. The closest corner to me (the SE corner) was
kind of out of whack with the SW corner. It was impossible to tell whether that
corner (the SW) was leaning over more or even if it was leaning the other way.
With all of the smoke and the debris pile, I couldn’t exactly tell what was going
on, but I sure could see the building was leaning over in a way it certainly
should not be. I asked another guy looking with me and he said “That
building is going to come down, we better get out of here.” So we did. –M.J.,
Employed at 45 Broadway.
9. So we left 7 World Trade Center, back down to the street, where I ran into
Chief Coloe from the 1st Division, Captain Varriale, Engine 24, and Captain
Varriale told Chief Coloe and myself that 7 World Trade Center was badly damaged
on the south side and definitely in danger of collapse. Chief Coloe said
we were going to evacuate the collapse zone around 7 World Trade Center, which
we did. – FDNY Lieutenant Rudolph Weindler
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110462.PDF

10. Just moments before the south tower collapsed and, you know, when it happened
we didn't know it was the south tower. We thought it was the north tower.
There was a reporter of some sort, female with blond hair and her cameraman, an
oriental fellow. They were setting up outside 7 World Trade Center, just east
of the pedestrian bridge. I told them it would probably be better off to be set
up under the bridge. At least it was protected. I was just about to enter a
dialogue with her when I heard a sound I never heard before. I looked up and
saw this huge cloud. I told him run. I grabbed the female, I threw her through
the revolving doors of number 7.
We were proceeding inside. She fell to the ground. I helped her out, I pushed
her towards the direction of where we were all in the south corner and there
was a little doorway behind that desk which led into the loading bays. Everybody
started to run through that. Never made it to that door. The next thingthat I remember was that I was covered in some glass and some debris. Everything
came crashing through the front of number 7. It was totally pitch black.

Q. Were you injured?
A. Yes, I saw some stuff had fallen on me. I didn't believe that I was injured
at that time. I discovered later on I was injured. I had some shards of glass
impaled in my head, but once I was able to get all this debris and rubble off
of me and cover my face with my jacket so that I could breathe, it was very
thick dust, you couldn't see. We heard some sounds. We reached out and felt our
way around. I managed to find some other people in this lower lobby. We crawled
over towards the direction where we thought the door was and as we approached
it the door cracked open a little, so we had the lights from the loading bay.
We made our way over there. The loading bay doors were 3-fourths of the way
shut when this happened, so they took a lot of dust in there, but everyone in
those bays was safe and secure. We had face to face contact with Chief Maggio
and Captain Nahmod. They told me – I said do whatever you need to do, get these
people out of here. Go, go towards the water. –EMS Division Chief Jon Peruggia
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110160.PDF

11. You could see the damage at 7 World Trade Center, the damage into the AT&T

building.
–FDNY Firefighter Vincent Palmierihttp://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WT C_GRAPHIC/9110258.PDF

12. At this point, 7, which is right there on Vesey, the whole corner of the
building was missing. I was thinking to myself we are in a bad place, because
it was the corner facing us. –Fred Marsilla, FDNY
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110399.PDF

13. The way we got into the loading dock [of WTC 7] was not the way we were
getting out. It was obstructed.
Q. The door was blocked?
A. Yeah, and we found our way --we walked across the loading dock area, and we
found there was another door. We went in that door, and from there we were directed
to --I really guess it was like a basement area of the building, but we
were directed to an opposite door. –Dr. Michael Guttenberg , NYC Office of
Medical Affairs
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110005.PDF

14. We eventually ended up meeting after the second explosion, three of us met
up here, but I didn't see a lot of the people that were with me until two,
three days later. I got word that they were okay. For instance, Dr. Guttenberg
and Dr. Asaeda, who were at 7 World Trade Center, they got trapped in there and
had to like climb in and out and get out because that building also became very
damaged supposedly and they were there. We thought they were dead. I guess he
was in an area where Commissioner Tierney might have been, I believe. I think
she was in 7 also. –Paramedic Manuel Delgado
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110004.PDF

(After collapse of south tower)

15. The decision was either to go left or right and we ended up going right,
between the two buildings, in the alleyway on the north, which turned out to be
the right direction because apparently there was a lot of debris and part of 7
down already. Also, I did notice as I was making my exit the sound of the firefighters'
alarms indicating that they were down. I did remember that as well
but just could not see anything.
–Dr. Glenn Asaeda
http://hosted.ap.org/specials/interactives/_national/sept11_fdny_trans cripts/9110062.PDF

16. I saw the firefighter. There were people screaming out of one of these two
buildings over here saying they couldn't get out, and my partner took one
straggler fireman, the one that we had with us, and was trying to break the
door because the door obviously had shifted or something. They couldn't get the
door open.
Q. That was 7 World Trade Center?
A. I believe it was 7. Maybe it was 5. It was at the back end of it because I
do remember the telephone company [which is next to building 7]. So I think it
was the back end of 7, I think right over here at that point, and they couldn't
get out. Then I had ran down the block and I flagged a ladder company and they
brought the ladder, which they had like a vestibule that you couldn't like
really reach the people because the ladder wouldn't reach. So they went and got
other resources, they went inside the building, and I told my partner that it
wasn't safe and that we need to go because everything around us was like falling
apart.

–EMT Nicole Ferrell
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110304.PDF

Some Eyewitness Accounts of Rescuers being Withdrawn
and
Held Back from WTC 7 due to Danger of Collapse

1. They backed me off the rig because Seven was in dead jeopardy, so they
backed everybody off and moved us to the rear end of Vesey Street. We just
stood there for a half hour, 40 minutes, because Seven was in imminent collapse
and finally did come down. –Firefighter Thomas Smith
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110246.PDF

2. Chief Nigro directed me to continue monitoring conditions at the site. Specifically
to monitor number 7 World Trade Center. We were very concerned with
the collapse potential there, and to do whatever I could do to ensure site
safety in that no additional people became injured. –FDNY Deputy Chief Harold
Meyers
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110382.PDF

3. We were concerned that the fires on several floors and the missing steel
would result in the building collapsing. So for the next five or six hours we
kept firefighters from working anywhere near that building, which included the
whole north side of the World Trade Center complex. –Chief Frank Fellini
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110217.PDF
4. We made searches. We attempted to put some of the fire out, but we had a
pressure problem. I forget the name of the Deputy. Some Deputy arrived at the
scene and thought that the building was too dangerous to continue with operations,
so we evacuated number 7 World Trade Center. –Captain Anthony Varriale
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110313.PDF

5. I remember him screaming about number 7, No. 7, that they wanted everybody
away from 7 because 7 was definitely going to collapse, they don't know when,
but it's definitely going to come down, just get the hell out of the way, everybody
get away from it, make sure you're away from it, that's an order, you
know, stuff like that. –Firefighter Edward Kennedy
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110502.PDF

6. Early on, there was concern that 7 World Trade Center might have been both
impacted by the collapsing tower and had several fires in it and there was a
concern that it might collapse. So we instructed that a collapse area -Q.
A collapse zone?
A. Yeah --be set up and maintained so that when the expected collapse of 7
happened, we wouldn't have people working in it. There was considerable discussion
with Con Ed regarding the substation in that building and the feeders and
the oil coolants and so on. And their concern was of the type of fire we might
have when it collapsed. They shut down the power, and when it did collapse, the
things that they were concerned with would have been [sic]. That's about it. –
Chief Frank Cruthers

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110179.PDF

7. There was concern. I had gone up to take a look at it, because I knew that

the telephone company building, which is 140 West Street, was next to 7 World
Trade Center, and there was a concern that if 7 World Trade came down, what
would happen to this building? We went in there, we checked it out. There were
some people in there. We made them evacuate and I went in the back to see what
was happening. I went back and I reminded whoever the chief was, I don't know
if it was Chief McKavanagh or Chief Blaich, that with 7 World Trade Center in
danger of collapsing, you had to be careful, because Con Edison had big transformers
in the back that supplied the lower half of Manhattan. So we had to be
concerned about electricity, that this may be energized or not be energized. –
Firefighter Eugene Kelty Jr.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110261.PDF

8. "We heard reports all day long of 7 World Trade possibly coming down. ...We
heard that all day long, all the warnings." –Firefighter Christopher Patrick
Murray
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110327.PDF

9. It could have been an hour, hour and a half we were doing that before we
were ordered to move away from that part of Tower No. 1 because there was an
imminent danger of collapse of World Trade Center No. 5 and 7. –Firefighter
Vandon Williams
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110282.PDF

10. Civilian photographer Tom Franklin: “Much of what happened to me on September
11 is a blur, but this moment I clearly remember: It was 4:45 p.m., and
all the firemen and rescue workers were evacuating Ground Zero after word came
that a third building --WTC 7 --was ready to fall.”
http://archives.cjr.org/year/02/2/franklin.asp

11. Unidentified speaker in video: "Keep your eye on that building, it'll be
coming down soon."
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/IMAGES/wtc7_blow_up.wmv

12. CBS-TV Reporter Vince DeMentri, who sneaked past security barriers to get
close to the scene:
...Building 7 was going to collapse. That appears to be what has happened now.
I don't know exactly how many stories the building is, Dan, but standing at the
base of the building and watching it burn about an hour ago, it looked to be on
the order of 50, 60 stories. [If anyone has the audio leading up to
“...Building 7 was going to collapse,” let me know. I’m curious to know why the
CT websites include only this much of the clip.]
http://www.911podcasts.com/view.php?cat=4&med=0&ord=Name&strt=0&vid=24 &epi=216&typ=0&form=0

13. So that was basically we watched that one come down. It was on fire first,
I think the fourth floor was on fire they said. We were like are you guys going
to put that fire out? I was like, you know, they are going to wait for it to
burn down and it collapsed. So that's when I knew high rise buildings you know
(inaudible).
Q: You were still there?
A: Yes, so basically they measured out how far the building was going to come,
so we knew exactly where we could stand.
Q: So they just put you in a safe area, safe enough for when that building came
down?
A: 5 blocks. 5 blocks away. We still could see. Exactly right on point, the

cloud just stopped right there. Then when that building was coming down, that
same rumbling. –EMT Decosta Wrighthttp://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_ GRAPHIC/9110054.PDF

14. We went to get the car. We were inside the perimeter, more or less -that's
where the car was --of where Seven World Trade Center was. We started
back going east, I guess it is. ...We were inside this perimeter although we
didn't realize it at the time we saw a rig with the compartments opened. We
stopped. They were actually reversing. I kind of pulled up along side them.
Murray yelled out the window “Your compartments are open.” The guy yelled something
back at us. They kept backing up.
We went forward to imagine it’s the corner of Murray and West Street. Just as
we were approaching it, we saw person run north in front of the car, and then
Joe Mazzarella who was sitting in the passenger seat just started screaming
“Reverse! Reverse! Reverse! Reverse!” I didn’t even look. I just threw it in
reverse and punched it. We flew backwards without being able to see out the
rear, and building Seven came down in front of us.

–Fire Marshal John Coyle
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110406.PDF

15. At this point, I moved up all the way to stairwell B. We got the lady out,
passed her down, then they were trying to dig out, I believe it was a second
Battalion Chief and I waited and stayed there with them until we were ordered—
well, we were ordered several times, but the Captain of, I think it was a rescue
company or a squad refused to leave. Finally he gave up, he said there was
nothing he could do and we all left that area. This is in the collapse zone of
tower 7.
At this point, I went down back to the middle area of the pile and I proceeded
to make my way to the north side of the towers. At that point, I ran into Lieutenant
Simms, who had another complement of Ladder 20 there. At this point, I
guess I had formally reported into Deputy Chief Visconti. He was up on the
North End. We waited until tower 7 collapsed and at this point, we went into
the area and assessed the damage that was done to the buildings and to see if
we could control the fires that resulted from the collapse of tower 7.
–Captain Richard Weldon

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110307.PDF

16. At that time Seven World Trade Center was burning and in was danger of
collapsing. ...I guess it was a Chief was saying clear the area, because they
were worried about number Seven World Trade Center coming down and burying guys
who were digging. So basically we went back to the rig because they were clearing
that area out. It took about three hours for Seven World Trade Center to
actually come down. –Firefighter Kevin McGovern
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110301.PDF

17. I remember later in the day it was getting close that they were more concerned
about Seven coming down. I remember later on in the day as we were
waiting for Seven to come down, they kept backing us up Vesey, almost like a
full block. They were concerned about Seven coming down, and they kept changing
us, establishing a collapse zone and backing us up.
As soon as it came down, everybody got up and tore ass west down Vesey Street.
Everybody was trying to get into this building. I remember there were 150 guys
trying to get through two revolving doors with full gear. Everyone is screaming.
Guys were trying to smash the glass with their halogens to get through and

ended up freaking out. Everybody was shell-shocked.

That’s when Salka came up and he said all right now that Seven was down you can
start getting closer and down things. There was no collapse threat anymore. –
Firefighter Vincent Massa

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110222.PDF

18. Eventually they had ordered everybody away from the area again because of
building 7.
–Lieutenant James Walsh
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110459.PDF

19. We stayed in this area for a while, and we started wandering around, and
we came around to where 6 and 7 were, and actually 7, we were coming down this
corner going trying to find something to do, and that's when they were telling
us 7 is going to go, 7 is going to go, so we kind of backed away.
–Firefighter Paul Vasquez
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110397.PDF

20. Q: Did 7 collapse yet?
A: 7 hasn’t collapsed yet. We were being told by --I guess everybody was being
little insubordinate that day. Everyone wanted to do as much as they could, but
we were told 5 minutes [to cease rescue operations on the pile], I don't know
how many times. –Firefighter Gerard Suden
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110022.PDF

21. They had figured they knew that building was going to come down. It was
just a question of time, and everybody was awaiting that. –Firefighter Russ
Stroebel
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110497.PDF

22. A Battalion Chief was assigned to us. We took our apparatus to West Street
to the north bridge, on that side over there, where we began to operate. We had
identified different members who were deceased and trapped in rigs. We were
about to proceed our operation there and this was in the afternoon, I would say
approximately maybe 2:00 roughly, where we started to operate and then they
asked us to fall back again due to the potential of 7 World Trade Center collapsing.
At that time, we had fallen back to probably opposite Stuyvesant High School, I
believe it was on the west side there.

Q. That's uptown a little bit.
A. Right. They had us fall back to there. We stayed at that position until exactly
when 7 collapsed. When 7 collapsed, we responded again. We had an Engine
Company, a spare Engine Company with us and ourselves. We responded to just behind
7, which was, I think it was Greenwich, was it Washington or Greenwich? I
think it was Greenwich. Is this Greenwich?
Q. It could be. I don't have a bigger map.
A. We turned the corner, 7 had just collapsed, the block that led into 7.
Q. Pretty sure that's Greenwich.
A. Greenwich and Park was covered with debris, there were burning autos and all
debris. It was starting to extend into the buildings on both sides of the
block. We went to hydrants in that area. We had off duty guys in our cells, but

the hydrants had no water. We did whatever we could. The rigs actually were
starting to become in danger of lighting up themselves.

We called trying to get water returned to us over here. Finally one of the members
thought, we used it for a good period of time, we forced the door on one
of the buildings there and used the water from the roof tanks. It was left in
the gravity tanks. We took a two and a half line out of one of the doors. We
were able to advance down Greenwich, stopping, putting fire out in the street,
the cars and from getting into exposures.

They were worried about 7 at the time. The decision was made not to do it, not
to get anybody else hurt. That's when we backed up and they said let's wait for
this other building before we continue any work, because where the bridge was
in the direct path of 7. It was the north bridge where we were looking initially.

We operated with the Tower Ladder there effectively on those buildings that
were within our reach. Then the other part was unfortunately we couldn't do
anything at the pedestrian bridge but the concern of 7, which they had no idea
which way it was going to collapse and they just knew it was going to collapse
and they positioned us outside of it.

The company to the south of us was --it was a double digit --I don't know if
it was 14. I'm just stabbing at numbers now. It was just so much debris between
cars, it was hard to see what was good and bad, stuff like that. But that was
our main position right there. I would say from approximately about at least an
hour, hour and a half between 4 and 5. They made us evacuate due to the fear of
7 coming down.

The Chief and myself went down to that area where we they wanted us to work.
Seeing what we would need; torches, air bags, anything else like that to operate
at that bridge.

The concern there again, it was later in the afternoon, 2, 2:30, like I said.
The fear then was Seven. Seven was free burning. Search had been made of 7 already
from what they said so they had us back up to that point where we were
waiting for 7 to come down to operate from the north back down. –Captain Robert
Sohmer http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110472.PDF

23. I remember finding Engine Company 6's rig, stripping that rig of fittings
and hose to hook up to anybody else. I remember at that time also they were
worried about Building 7 because when the second tower came down, they were
worried about parts of – actually, when the first tower came down, they were
worried about parts of Building 7 collapsing, so I remember getting into Building
7 and searching. I got separated from the crew that I had gone down with,
because I stayed at the pump panel. They had gone around the West Street side
of the building and into the rubble.
I remember coming out of the building now because they were afraid of Building
7 coming down, and all the other buildings around it getting knocked down. So
they took us out of the building. –Firefighter Anthony Salerno

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110309.PDF

24. Then we found out, I guess around 3:00 o'clock, that they thought 7 was
going to collapse. So, of course, we've got guys all in this pile over here and
the main concern was get everybody out, and I guess it took us over an hour and
a half, two hours to get everybody out of there.

So it took us a while and we ended up backing everybody out, and that's when 7
collapsed. Basically, we fell back for 7 to collapse, and then we waited a
while and it got a lot more organized, I would guess. –Lieutenant William Ryan

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110117.PDF

25. But anyway, more to the point, a rumor started to develop that tower 7 was
going to fall on us or nearby us. Having just lived through the collapse and
having Dr. Kelly just live through the collapse with both of us getting buried,
this was not a very pleasing feeling. It really does make me understand a lot
about psychological stress that can occur in these events because I would not
have had the same worry about this if I hadn't just come through one of them.
We went outside to speak to the Chief, the head Chief. His name is Chief Haring.
Great guy. But he said, you know, it's not going to be a problem. Tower 7
may collapse. It's not going to be anywhere near here. It's not going to be a
problem. But we were really concerned about this.
By the time we were about done with this, we interacted with Chief Haring
again. He basically was incredulous and said: "What are you crazy? You've moved
into the collapse zone, and if this collapse occurs, the dust cloud is going to
knock out that entire park. You're going to be useless there. You've made it
worse."

About midway into setting up physically the second triage area, hanging the IV
bags and everything, a tremendous noise occurs, and it's so loud that everybody
rushes to the rear of the Pace University building, all the doctors, all the
nurses. When the noise was over, we went to the front. The dust cloud from
tower 7, just like Chief Haring said, wiped out that park. If we had had any
supplies there, any doctors there, they wouldn't have been killed. I mean, it
wasn't that massive the debris that fell on the park, but they would have been
useless. The dust cloud went all the way up to the door of Pace University, up
the stairs, across the street, right up to the door, the lobby door. –Dr. David
Prezant

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110212.PDF

26. "Then we were just hanging out watching building 7 ready to go." –
Firefighter Steve Piccerillhttp://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_W TC_GRAPHIC/9110330.PDF

27. We were down there for a while until we were ordered off, because they
were worried about Seven coming down. –Firefighter Michael Palone
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110314.PDF

28. I know when the Lieutenant told us where to go, that wasn’t the correct
staging area, cause we were still too close to the buildings. They wanted everyone
away from it. That’s when there was a third building that collapsed
around that time.
Q: Building Seven, which would be over here.
A: Okay, 7 World Trade, that one collapsed.
Q: 7 World Trade collapsed a little later.
A: Yeah, a lot later. –EMT Alwish Moncherryhttp://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_W TC_GRAPHIC/9110127.PDF
29. From there, I think that's when 7 was going to come down. So they backed

everybody out, somewhere near Church & Trinity, I guess. –Firefighter Peter
Metzgerhttp://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC _GRAPHIC/9110424.PDF

30. Eventually later in the day we had to evacuate that site because number
Seven collapsed. Prior to its collapse, we evacuated all the supplies, the doctors,
and moved over to Pace University into the lobby, and they set up another
medical area. Most injuries we treated were eye injuries from the debris, basically
cleaning out people's eyes. –EMS Lieutenant John Mendez
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110175.PDF

31. I think they were fearing about 7 World Trade coming down. –Lt. Anthony
Mancuso.
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110399.PDF

32. At that point they were worried that 7 was coming down so they were calling
for everyone to back out.
–Firefighter Matthew Long
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110021.PDF

33. 7 World Trade Center? I couldn’t even watch that. I said that’s enough. I
refused to watch that. I took R-and-R. I said you guys can watch that one. But
they got streams and they contained the fire. I mean, the objective was nobody
else got killed, the fire did not jump the street. –Battalion Chief Frank
Vallebuona http://www.firehouse.com/terrorist/911/magazine/gz/vallebunoa.html
34. We were starting to gather over there, and we heard that there was a
building in danger of collapse. This was a couple hours later, maybe, and that
huge building --it was on that block. When that came down, we all ran down to
the west side. –Firefighter Stephen Jezycki
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110050.PDF

35. Lieutenant Lowney spoke to, asked us to leave the area, they were concerned
about 7 World Trade Center Collapsing. –Firefighter George Holzman
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110467.PDF

36. Then at one point they chased us out of there for fear of collapse of a
building; I believe it was Seven World Trade. So they got us out of there because
they didn't know which way that building was going to collapse.
When Seven World Trade did collapse, we were in the Woolworth Building. You
couldn't even see. It was unbelievable. You couldn't even see your hand in
front of your face. That's how much dust and debris was flying around. –FDNY
Captain John Henricksen

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110069.PDF

37. We heard a mayday for everybody to get out of the building (Verizon Bldg.,
next to WTC 7) --no, I'm sorry, an "urgent," three "urgents," and we came out
of the building. I'd say that was like an hour and a half, two hours later. We
were then positioned on Vesey Street between North End and the West Side Highway
because there was an imminent collapse on 7 World Trade, and it did collapse.
–Firefighter Brian Fitzpatrick
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110256.PDF

38. The only thing that had me really frustrated was they wasn't really trying

to let us go back down there. (After the collapse of the second building). I
understand after it was unsafe. Cause I guess after that 7 came down. Well 7
didn't come down until like 4, 5 o'clock. So I was just wondering, they just
kept us cooped in there for a long time. –EMT Jarjean Felton

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110041.PDF

39. During the search we were ordered by one of the battalions to move north
above --towards Stuyvesant High School --under the overpass at Chambers
Street, because at that point it was feared that Six [sic: Seven] World Trade
Center was going to collapse. It did so later in the afternoon. –Lieutenant
Francis Farrington
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110320.PDF

40. Captain Michael Currid, the president of the Uniformed Fire Officers Association,
said that some time after the collapse of the Twin Towers, “Someone
from the city's Office of Emergency Management” told him that building 7 was
“basically a lost cause and we should not lose anyone else trying to save it,"
after which the firefighters in the building were told to get out (Murphy, Dean
E., 2002. September 11: An Oral History. New York: Doubleday pp. 175-76)
41. While we were searching the subbasements (of building 6) they decided that
Seven World Trade Center which was across the street was going to collapse, so
they called us out. We were so far down we couldn’t hear them, but we came out
after we searched the subbasements. Actually we came out on the Seven World
Trade Center parkway street when came out they were calling us on the radio to
tell us to get out. I then reported that the search was negative and then they
wouldn’t let anybody near the site pretty much because Seven World Trade Center
was going to come down. –Battalion Chief Frank Congiusta
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110425.PDF

42. We were ordered down from the tower ladder because of a possible collapse
at Tower 7.
–Firefighter Pete Castellano
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110398.PDF

43. The reason we were given for why we were moving was that 7 World Trade
Center was going to collapse or was at risk of collapsing. –Paramedic Joseph
Cahill
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110085.PDF

44. The rest of the day we were unloading trucks we were just doing whatever
little things we could do, but they were waiting for 7 World Trade Center to
fall. –Firefighter Timothy Burke
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110488.PDF

45. "We were asked to go out of that area due to a risk of collapse in 7 WTC.
"
–PAPD P.O. Thomas Johnson http://www.thememoryhole.org/911/pa-transcripts/pa-policereports02.
pdf page 10.

46. ..And that was one of the directions from the command post, to make sure
we clear the collapse zone from 7 and this is a 600-foot-tall building, so we
had to clear a 600-foot radius from that building. –Battalion Chief John Norman
http://www.firehouse.com/terrorist/911/magazine/gz/norman.html

47. "The three of us along with 2 firemen searched that area until we were

told to leave due to 7 possibly collapsing." –PAPD P.O. Thomas Hering
http://www.thememoryhole.org/911/pa-transcripts/pa-police-reports02.pd f p.13.

48. All later attempts to return to the WTC were stopped by the pending, and
eventual collapse of Building 7 and the uncontrolled fires. –PAPD P.O. Lawrence
Guarneri http://www.thememoryhole.org/911/pa-transcripts/pa-police-reports03.pd f page
49. A while later, an NYFD supervisor approached and ordered the rescuers away
from the area because 7 WTC was in danger of collapse also. –M. DeFilippis,
PAPD P.O.
http://www.thememoryhole.org/911/pa-transcripts/pa-police-reports03.pd f page 49

50. At about 1300 hrs between repeating officers fruitless efforts to locate
fellow officers and the warning of building number Seven's possible collapse I
started to walk uptown on West Street in hope of locating the PAPD Command Center.
–Christopher Bergmann, PAPD P.O. http://www.thememoryhole.org/911/patranscripts/
pa-police-reports03.pdf page 52

51. An FDNY supervisor deemed the area we were in unsafe, and assisted people
out of the immediate area. –M. McAdams, PAPD P.O.
http://www.thememoryhole.org/911/pa-transcripts/pa-police-reports03.pd f page 72

52. Reports of gas main leaks, bombs, small arms fire and buildings about to
collapse forced us to again relocate further north on West Street. –Daniel A.
Carbonaro, PAPD Lieutenant http://www.thememoryhole.org/911/pa-transcripts/pa-policereports03.
pdf page 76

[The next three quotes are similar...from written reports by officers in the
same command]

53. Due to fire and instability of buildings at the WTC site we were directed
to the MCC gym.
– PAPD P.O. Thomas Mancini, http://www.thememoryhole.org/911/pa-transcripts/pa-policereports03.
pdf page 86
54. Due to fire and instability at the WTC site we were redirected to the MCC
gym.
–PAPD P.O. Quirk http://www.thememoryhole.org/911/pa-transcripts/pa-police-reports03.pd f
page 88

55. Due to the fire and instability of the buildings at the WTC site we were
directed to the MCC gym.
–PAPD P.O. Christensen http://www.thememoryhole.org/911/pa-transcripts/pa-policereports03.
pdf page 89

56. Several attempts were made to assist the trapped, but we were kept out due
to the uncontrolled fires and other building collapsing around us. –PAPD P.O.
Patrick Versage http://www.thememoryhole.org/911/pa-transcripts/pa-police-reports03.pd f
page 95

57. Returned to the site on 2-3 occasions...in an effort to help with evacuation
but was stopped due to the imminent collapse of 7 WTC. –PAPD LT. William
Oorbeek http://www.thememoryhole.org/911/pa-transcripts/pa-police-reports03.pd f page 97
58. Unfortunately we could not do much more because of fear that other buildings
surrounding the Trade Center were going to come down. –PAPD P.O. John

McClain http://www.thememoryhole.org/911/pa-transcripts/pa-police-reports04.pd f page 33

59. For the remainder of the day , we made trips to the scene to assist in the
search. Due to confusion and the threat of damaged buildings falling we were
forced to retreat each time. We were on West & Vesey when # 7 collapsed. –PAPD
Sgt. Stone http://www.thememoryhole.org/911/pa-transcripts/pa-police-reports04.pd f page 60
60. So we were doing searches, stretching lines, we were doing everything that
we could possibly do. We were kind of overwhelmed at the task at hand. Like I
said we operated for about three and half hours and then we went to take
breather, and as we moved out of the area we weren’t permitted back in the area
by that time by a number of Chiefs that were in charge. –FDNY Lieutenant Brendan
Whelan
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110360.PDF

61. Once they got us back together and organized somewhat, they sent us back
down to Vesey, where we stood and waited for Seven World Trade Center to come
down. –Firefighter Frank Sweeney
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110113.PDF

62. But they weren’t really getting [sic] guys get too deep into it because of
the possible pending collapse of Seven World Trade. ...We were staged there a
good part of the afternoon until Seven finally did collapse. –Firefighter
David Moriarty
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110228.PDF

63. …they told us to evacuate the area for tower number Seven, building Seven,
when they knew that was coming down… –Firefighter Dominick Muschello
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110249.PDF

64. …Captain Verraile from 24 Engine said, “Hey, let’s just back everything
off here because this building is coming down.” –Firefighter Howie Scott
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110365.PDF

65. Then they said that the 47 story hotel building—I think it’s number Seven—
was about to come down. ...We were around for the rest of the afternoon. At
about 5:30 that did come down. –Firefighter Edward Mecner
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110391.PDF

66. They were saying building Seven was going to collapse, so we regrouped and
went back to our rig. We waited for building Seven to come down. –Firefighter
James Wallace
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHI C/9110409.PDF

67. At 5:20, No. 7 finally falls. They've been waiting for it to go so they
can move the firemen and search-and-rescue teams in. With the thunderous collapse,
firemen bolt up from where they've been camped, on the south side of the
Embassy Suites. Some have been sitting on plush hotel furniture carted into the
street, eating food from the Mexican restaurant next door. There's a stampede
over pickaxes and oxygen tanks. They head out toward the crushed fire trucks.
"They're looking for their brothers," says an ambulance driver.
http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/sept11/features/5183/index.html

chipmunk stew
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick Brown wrote:
chipmunk stew wrote:
pepik wrote:
Quote:

OK here's the rest of the eyewitness reports from this shill document (the main drive of this document seems to be to pit the firefighters against anybody that doesn't believe the real story) : http://www.911myths.com/WTC7_Lies.pdf

There are of course probably many more eyewitness accounts so we should bear that in mind when reading through this selection as the author does seem to be a shill. I've only read a few but you get the impression that the 'idea' the building was going to collapse was 'propagated' very early on in the day. I'm going to read through these accounts and see if they seem consistent.

As you do so, keep in mind that no one reported hearing anything like a series of detonations signaling the collapse just prior to the building falling. No cameras picked up such a sound either.

Patrick Brown
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well some of those firefighters seem to be confused as to which building there were watching burn.

This next photo was apparently taken two hours before collapse:

Bushwacker
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick Brown wrote:
Well some of those firefighters seem to be confused as to which building there were watching burn.

In the sense that they may not have known it was called WTC7, that's probably right, I doubt it was labelled as that. However, there was only one skyscraper burning after the towers collapsed, so there cannot really be an argument about which building they were referring to.

What's your point with the pictures?
Patrick Brown
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bushwacker wrote:
Patrick Brown wrote:

In the sense that they may not have known it was called WTC7, that's probably right, I doubt it was labelled as that. However, there was only one skyscraper burning after the towers collapsed, so there cannot really be an argument about which building they were referring to.

Read the eyewitness reports look at the pictures.

Someones talking * and it's not me.

Ignatz
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick Brown wrote:
<photos>

Your post is just a gratuitous insult to a lot of brave men.

Dozens of firefighters describe that state of WTC7 on that day, you refer to a couple of photos from a CT site and claim *they* are talking sh#te ????

That's not even a decent standard for trolling.

Patrick Brown
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignatz wrote:
Patrick Brown wrote:
<photos>

No I think it's people liking you and Mark Roberts that are into some kind of gratuitous s*ht.

Shill no doubt

chipmunk stew
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick Brown wrote:
Ignatz wrote:
Patrick Brown wrote:
<photos>

No I think it's people liking you and Mark Roberts that are into some kind of gratuitous s*ht.

Shill no doubt

How much is Al Qaeda paying you to promote these lies?

Bushwacker
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick Brown wrote:
Bushwacker wrote:
Patrick Brown wrote:

Read the eyewitness reports look at the pictures.

Someones talking * and it's not me.

Come on, the latest picture you post is labelled as apparently two hours before collapse. A fiercely burning fire can develop a lot in two hours. You will have to do better than that if you want to discredit the firemen, who anyway were there, rather more experienced in assessing fires than most people, and better able to judge than anyone simply looking at pictures. And of course with many pictures available, it is possible for those on either side of the argument to select ones that suit their case.
Patrick Brown
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bushwacker wrote:
discredit the firemen

You really are fuucking scum arn't you my little shill.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: