FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

08Jun1967 - USS Liberty attacked by Israeli Air Force in Med
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The History Of False Flag Terrorism
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outsider
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have posted stuff on the 'Liberty' on quite a few threads; here is one:

http://www.911forum.org.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=5172&highlight=uss+li berty

There is another excellent video on the web, 'Loss of Liberty':

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=7267134620652018859

Re Bamford, he mistakenly believes that the reason for Israel's attack was either to keep secret their intention to attack Syria and take the Golan Heights, or to cover up Israeli war crimes against Egyptian prisoners in Al Arish (the prisoners were murdered); watching 'Dead in the Water', and more importantly, reading Peter Hounam's book 'Operation Cyanide' (a must-read book for anyone interested in False Flag ops, and/or the Middle East situation) makes it very clear that those were not the reasons - the 'Liberty' was attacked by Israel in a deal with LBJ, whereby he would send the ship to sail off the Sinai coast during the 'Six Day War', Israel would attack it, sink it, and LEAVE NO SURVIVORS, be blamed on Egypt, and then the US would enter the war and take over the Middle East. Nuclear-armed A4's were launched from the Sixth Fleet to bomb Egypt, and other nuclear armed planes were launches from a base in Libya with the same target; the planes were recalled with just three minutes to go before reaching the targets, because the 'Liberty' refused to sink, and the crew got out a Mayday, which was picked up by a number of stations, including the Sixth Fleet, and Russian spy vessels in the area.
There is a lot more, about the US Admiral sent to threaten the survivors if they spoke about the attack etc, but 'Dead in the Water' spells out a lot of that.
I have tried all kinds of ways to get a letter to Bamford, informing him of the true state of affairs (as well as pointing out another error in his book, that the US was 'surprided' by Japan's attack on Pearl Harbour', but have got no response.
Unfortunately, the Liberty Survivor's spokesman (or one of them), Jim Ennis, is cool towards the LBJ collusion business, even though he is fully aware of Peter Hounam's book (he told me when I contacted him about this issue that he had proof-read Peter's book for him). I'm afraid it's like the 'Jersey Girls'; they knock the Government story, but draw back from gouing further, despite all the evidence.

Do watch the 'Loss of Liberty'; it's not as good as 'Dead in the Water', but it is also excellent as far as it goes.
Re Peter Hounam (who broke Mordechai Vanunu's whistle-blowing expose about Israel's nuclear arsenal), he also fails to respond to my letters and emails. I shall keep trying.

Lastly, I forgot the latest anniversary that's just gone; normally the Beeb transmits 'Dead in the Water' on each anniversary (they deserve a raft of Browny Points for that); I don't know if they kept up the good work this June 8th.

Last edited by outsider on Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:04 am; edited 2 times in total
blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The USA had just a decade earlier prevented the UK, France and Israel from occupying the Suez canal and made it clear they wanted no "imperial" interests to control the middle east area. The attack on the Liberty was by Israel and for Israel and only Israel benefitted from the six day war which they started, contrary to what our mainstream media reported. They expanded their territory, took over Jerusalem, occupied the Golan heights and in spite of a multitude of UN resolutions since, refuse to comply with demands to return to the 1967 borders, indeed they continue to "settle" those areas. Any notion that it was to benefit the USA in any way is an absolute distortion of reality. The Israelis attacked the Liberty to try to blame Egypt and get the USA to fight their war for them. Now that Israeli control of the American government is virtually complete, they are getting the USA (and others) to fight their enemies via their latest atrocity, namely 9/11.
"The conflict between corporations and activists is that of narcolepsy versus remembrance. The corporations have money, power and influence. Our sole influence is public outrage. Extract from "Cloud Atlas (page 125) by David Mitchell.
outsider

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackcat wrote:
The USA had just a decade earlier prevented the UK, France and Israel from occupying the Suez canal and made it clear they wanted no "imperial" interests to control the middle east area. The attack on the Liberty was by Israel and for Israel and only Israel benefitted from the six day war which they started, contrary to what our mainstream media reported. They expanded their territory, took over Jerusalem, occupied the Golan heights and in spite of a multitude of UN resolutions since, refuse to comply with demands to return to the 1967 borders, indeed they continue to "settle" those areas. Any notion that it was to benefit the USA in any way is an absolute distortion of reality. The Israelis attacked the Liberty to try to blame Egypt and get the USA to fight their war for them. Now that Israeli control of the American government is virtually complete, they are getting the USA (and others) to fight their enemies via their latest atrocity, namely 9/11.

You are 100% wrong in this, 'blackcat', and evidence abounds to support my position.
To save time retyping, I'll post one of my letters to Bamford; if you are really interested in the 'Liberty' atrocity, please watch the two videos, and read Peter Hounam's book.
Hi, Mr. Bamford,

I have read your excellent book 'Body of Secrets', and there are two issues
that I believe you should revise. These are in relation to Pearl Harbor and
the USS Liberty.

Regarding Pearl, you wrote that it was a 'surprise', but as Robert Stinnett
clearly shows in his 'Day of Deceit' (which came out around the same time as
your book, and which he researched for 17 years) it was not only not a
surprise, but it was desired an 8-point be plan devised to bring it on. Please
check the book out.

Re the Liberty, Peter Hounam wrote 'Operation Cyanide' which came out in
2003, giving the reason Israel attacked the Liberty. I know the received
wisdom was that it was an Israeli attempt to hide the War Crimes being
committed at El Areish, and/or info re it's attack on Syria. But after
reading Peter's book, I believe you'll revise your assessment.

Peter Hounam was the investigative reporter who broke the Mordecai Vanunu
story of Israel's nuclear arsenal. I'll give you a couple of quotes from his
book that should wet your appetite : (recounted by Ephraim 'Eppie' Evron, in
1967 the Deputy Israeli Ambassador, at 25th Anniversary conference on
Six-Day War) 'I, Lyndon
Johnson, have to get congressional approval if I want to act as President of
the United States. Otherwise, I'm just a six-foot-four Texan friend of
Israel. But you and I, the two most powerful people in Washington, are going
to get the Congress to pass another Tonkin resolution'. This was said to
Evron on the 26th May 1967, less than two weeks before the Israeli attack on
the ship. The other quote is by Moe Shafer, a Liberty survivor, who was
sitting on his bunk on Admiral Martin's flagship 'Little Rock' (Sixth Fleet
Commander) with two or three other injured men from the 'Liberty' when
Martin came in to see them. Shafer said he seemed to want to tell someone
about what had happened before he would be obliged through pressure from
above to clam up: 'Not only did Admiral Martin tell me that four jets were
on their way to the Liberty with conventional weapons(and were recalled): he
stated that four were on their way to Cairo loaded with nuclear weapons. He
stated that we were three minutes from bombing them (the Egyptians). He also
said that the jets could not land back on the carrier with nuclear arms and
they had had to land in Athens.He stated this from my bedside while on the
Little Rock (the codename of the flagship) after the attack'. We know that
Tonkin was a fabrication, a pretext for massive escalation of US involvement
in Vietnam. Interestingly, Texan LBJ was also bankrolled by oil interests,
and he was a Mason (though only a very lowly one). And had the Liberty
'False Flag' op succeeded, it would have been the 'Mother' of all False Flag
ops, with Egypt being nuked.

Here are a couple of sites where you can watch or download 'Liberty' DVD's
(See 'Loss of Liberty'
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7267134620652018859 and 'Dead in
the Water' (the link I gave is no longer up, but 'Dead in the Water' is also on the previous link). 'Dead
in the Water' is BBC programme commissioned from Peter Hounam (who broke
Mordechai Vanunu's story about Israel's nuclear arsenal) who also wrote the
excellent 'Operation Cyanide' on the same subject. The book is even more
revealing.'

Last edited by outsider on Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you are 100% wrong. Any attempt to deflect the guilt of the Liberty attack away from Israel is like blaming Arabs for 9/11. Same old story.

http://theuglytruth.wordpress.com/2007/06/09/insider-tells-the-truth-a bout-the-cover-up-of-the-attack-on-the-uss-liberty/

Quote:
Insider Tells the Truth About the Cover-up of the Attack on the USS Liberty
June 9, 2007 — crescentandcross

‘Son, I spent 2 years as a special agent in the FBI and over 30 yrs in the military, and if it is one thing I learned through all of this, it’s that when you get an order, you say ‘yes sir’ and carry it out with no questions asked’.

This was the response given by Capt. Ward Boston, USN (Ret) to this reporter in a series of recent interviews he gave for American Free Press Newspaper. For those not familiar with Capt. Ward Boston, he played what will one day be recognized as one of the most pivotal roles in recent human history. 40 years ago this upcoming June, he was the senior legal council for the Naval Board of Inquiry concerning the June 8, 1967 attack on the USS Liberty by Israeli Air and Naval forces that resulted in 34 Americans killed and 171 wounded. His job in 1967 was to be part of a hastily-called investigation into the attack, and–as he has recently revealed to the shock of many–to rule that Israel’s 90-minute bloodfest waged against America’s young men was all an ‘accident’ that occurred during ‘the fog of war’, all the evidence to the contrary be damned. In 2002, Capt. Ward broke his silence of 3 decades and released an affidavit to the public in which he admitted that the entire investigation was a sham, and that he was under orders (from persons of no less authority than President Lyndon Johnson and Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara) to rule that the bloodiest day in American naval history since WWII took place as a result of ‘mistaken identity’ and that America’s ally, Israel–was innocent of any wrongdoing.

For 35 years Capt. Ward lived with the bitter knowledge that his fellow servicemen had been deliberately murdered in what was an act of war by a foreign power and yet because of the orders he received was powerless to say anything. A conflux of events however led him to make the decision to ‘damn the torpedoes’ and to let the chips fall where they may. ‘I’m an old man’ he told AFP. ‘They can’t threaten my job, and if they throw me into jail, so what? The truth has to be told for the benefit of the survivors and for the American people whose sons and daughters are dying today’.

The first of these events leading him to break his silence was the 2002 release of a book entitled ‘The Liberty Incident’ written by Judge Ahron Jay Cristol at a time when America was being drawn into a series of long-term military engagements with countries that just so happened to be enemies of Israel. Through his book and subsequent speaking tour, Cristol (a slavish, shameless, fanatical apologist for the Jewish State who is on more-than-friendly terms with a number of people in both the military and arms industry in Israel) did the usual song and dance when it comes to discussing the terrorist state that attacked America in 1967, which was to argue for unconditional acquittal, using a collage of sloppy yet deliberate misrepresentations and omissions of fact. In Capt. Boston’s words, it was Cristol’s ‘insidious attempt to whitewash the event that pushed me to speak out’.

‘These rats,’ he said, referring to Israel and her defenders. ‘They lie about everything. You can’t believe a word they say’ he told AFP. What was so important about this statement was that Capt. Boston was not just talking about the past, but about the present and future as well. ‘They’ve completely infested the entire Intelligence and Defense apparatus of the United States’ he said. ‘Perle, Feith, Wolfowitz, and all the rest of them…They’re spies for Israel, every damned one of them’ he said. ‘Just consider the 5 guys who were arrested after 9/11, cheering and celebrating, and then afterwards we come to find out that they were Mossad and then they get sent back to Israel. They knew all about it and yet our government, the government I worked for most of my life did nothing about it. Can you imagine if these guys were Arabs?’ he asked. ‘It’s been the same thing, ever since 1967’ he said with unmistakable aggravation. ‘Protect Israel, protect Israel…In the meantime, our boys are dying over there and those who don’t die are coming back here with all sorts of problems, both physical and psychological’.

It was his visit to Israel some years back that clinched it for this man in terms of his feelings for the ‘great experiment’ in Jewish self-rule. ‘The way they treat the Arabs…it’s unconscionable’ he said. ‘You go into Israel, into the only places where they allow the tourists, and it’s the picture of paradise, just as the Soviets used to do. Then you take a detour off the approved itinerary and you see what it is really like…The poverty, misery, abuse. Arab kids being gunned down in broad daylight. It’s worse than South Africa. Only a person with a ice water in his veins could see the way the Arabs are treated and not be outraged’.

As far as the future goes, Capt. Boston is not hopeful. ‘If either they (the Israelis) or the US launches a war against Iran, it will be the beginning of the end’ he said. ‘Armageddon…You’ll have Muslims pouring into the area from all over the world and no army will be able to stop them. They will tear Israel and the Americans to pieces.’

As far as his reaction to the predictable accusations of ‘anti-Semitism’ that have been leveled against him for telling the truth concerning the attack on the Liberty, he laughs it off. ‘One of my closest friends growing up was Jewish’ he said. ‘I don’t have a prejudiced bone in my body. What we are dealing with here is an act of war initiated against the United States, the country I swore an oath to defend, period. If a proper investigation into the attack on the Liberty had been allowed to take place and the American people made aware of what happened, we would not be in the middle of this mess in the Middle East now.’

2007 By Mark Glenn

"The conflict between corporations and activists is that of narcolepsy versus remembrance. The corporations have money, power and influence. Our sole influence is public outrage. Extract from "Cloud Atlas (page 125) by David Mitchell.
outsider

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="blackcat"]I believe you are 100% wrong. Any attempt to deflect the guilt of the Liberty attack away from Israel is like blaming Arabs for 9/11. Same old story.
blackcat, I repeat, please check out the sources. The two videos you can access straight away.... is that too much to ask? Re your response above,
this is not 'the same old story', as you would clearly see if you read my post. My interpretation of the attack is by far the most damning against Israel, that it colluded with LBJ in the False Flag atrocity.
And the Sixth Fleet and Libyan base from which the nuclear-armed planes, instantly responding with a 'retaliatory' attack against Egypt, what does Mr. Boston say about these? Sweet FA, after all, he's a 'good 'ole boy', US right or wrong, and even if he had his nose rubbed in the truth, he would deny it. Maybe he doesn't know the truth, but he sure as hell wouldn't admit it if he did.
Cristol's book and Mr. Boston appear in both 'Operation Cyanide' and also in Jim Ennes' book, 'Assault on the Liberty'.
What does he say about Rear Admiral Isaac Kidd (yes, like Silverstein, not exactly a Muslim Fundamentalist name) threatening the 'Liberty' survivors with Courts Martial, imprissonment 'or worse' if they so much as spoke to their families about the attack?
Before you reply to this, please do watch the two videos; believe me, I am not defending Israel in this.

blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
'Dead in the Water' is BBC programme

Its BBC!! Enough said. I have seen it anyway.

Trying to get me to believe the attack on the Liberty was anything other that a total Israeli venture is a waste of time. Their dominance of the USA is total and that is the only reason the USA administration is involved in any way. To cover it up and muddy the waters. Israeli occupied Capitol Hill has to be liberated before any of us are safe. Getting the truth about the Liberty out and especially getting the truth about 9/11 out are the keys to that.

outsider

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackcat wrote:
Quote:
'Dead in the Water' is BBC programme

Its BBC!! Enough said. I have seen it anyway.

Trying to get me to believe the attack on the Liberty was anything other that a total Israeli venture is a waste of time. Their dominance of the USA is total and that is the only reason the USA administration is involved in any way. To cover it up and muddy the waters. Israeli occupied Capitol Hill has to be liberated before any of us are safe. Getting the truth about the Liberty out and especially getting the truth about 9/11 out are the keys to that.

I'm 101% with you in that last sentence; but to get the truth out, you must first examine the evidence (as we ask of people re 9/11 and 7/7). You will not be in a good position to argue for the Truth, if you yourself have avoided looking at relevant evidence to check the evidence presented.
You may have seen 'Dead in the Water', but I suggest you watch it again, more carefully.I doubt that you will, so why not watch 'Loss of Liberty'; that wasn't by the BBC, but is all US survivors and other US citizens (some very high ups included), and read the book 'Operation Cyanide'; don't let the fact that the author is Jewish put you off (!!), he is the same guy that exposed Mordechai Vanunu's exposure of Israel's nuclear arsenal, so he is not pro-Israel.

outsider

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackcat, here you have hoisted yourself on your own petard - the site you quoted has this -
'Now, if we didn’t know who was attacking us until much later into the attack how did the poll cat Johnson know it was the Israelis that were attacking us? The reason is simple–we were set up by our own government as pawns to let Israel have her way with us. Why else would our government recall the life-saving aircraft when we were still under attack?' (from 'Twenty Seconds From Nuclear Holocaust'):

http://ussliberty.wordpress.com/2008/03/12/one-hundred-twenty-seconds- from-nuclear-holocaust/

Here are more Liberty articles:

Will 'USS Liberty' be an election issue?

http://judicial-inc.biz/9n_ussLiberty.presidential_issue.htm

Counterpunch: Media cover-up

http://rmf.net/weir06232007.html

Chicago Tribune June 2008

http://www.chicagotribune.com/services/newspaper/printedition/tuesday/ chi-liberty_tuesoct02,0,1050179.story

blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am aware that the Israeli dominated US government knew who was attacking the Liberty just as Israeli supporting traitors within the US government carried out 9/11. The Liberty was a communications vessel full of the latest technology for listening to radio messages and staffed by linguists who spoke Hebrew and Arabic fluently. They were reporting for HOURS what was going on and were aware of the pilots messages to Israeli control. It is still the Israelis responsible and the response of the US military merely shows what control they have over the USA. Look at how many of the current administration have Israeli nationality!!! The US military covered it up because Israel ordered them to just like they dictate all US military policy. America is Israel's bitch - period!!

Last edited by blackcat on Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:09 am; edited 1 time in total
blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://theuglytruth.wordpress.com/2007/06/16/40-years-later-veterans-o f-the-uss-liberty-refuse-to-give-up-the-ship/

Quote:
40 years Later, Veterans of the USS Liberty Refuse to Give Up the Ship
June 16, 2007 — crescentandcross

There are definitely quite a few people–both in Israel and the United States–who would like the whole affair involving Israel’s treacherous and murderous attack on the USS Liberty to be forgotten, but for the survivors of that attack, amnesia is not an acceptable option. For them, the often-used term that so many hear today of ‘never forget’ means exactly what it implies–never forget–and as such they keep the memory of what took place that day alive.

This past June 8th marked the 40th anniversary of the attack on the USS Liberty by the air and naval forces of the state of Israel, resulting in the deaths of 34 American servicemen and a cover-up that has been maintained throughout the entire period. In remembrance of the day that–for many–will always be a day that will live in infamy, the Liberty Veterans Association (LVA) organized a reunion that included several ceremonies marking the event. Owing to the fact that American Free Press has been covering the Liberty incident throughout the months of April and May, the LVA invited America’s last real newspaper to attend as a special guest.

The ceremonies began on Friday, June 8th with a trip to Arlington national cemetery to honor the Liberty dead buried there. Although it was a blazing hot day and the humidity was high, the heat did not deter these men from making good on their oath of protecting America from all enemies foreign and domestic, just as the rockets and napalm did not deter them 40 years ago. The crowd of about 300 was addressed by various speakers, including incoming-president of the LVA and Liberty veteran Ernie Gallo who spoke of the ultimate sacrifice paid by those interred in the hallowed ground of America‘s most important cemetery. During the ceremony, as in years past, each of the members took turns approaching the mass grave holding the remains of 6 crew members killed that day, salutes, and then announces the name of one of the 34 members who perished. After the last name is read, a bugler in a white Naval uniform played “Taps” in respectful remembrance of the dead.

From there the group went by bus to the Fort Meyers Officer’s Club for a luncheon and small presentation and for a much-needed break from the heat and humidity. It is wind-down time for the attendees as they mingle from table to table, shaking hands or hugging shipmates they have not seen in many years. Some stayed in the air-conditioned room, some wandered outside for a smoke.

From there they boarded the busses again and headed for the Naval Memorial in downtown Washington DC on Pennsylvania Avenue. All took their seats and listened to a series of speeches from several individuals associated directly or indirectly with the LVA, including shipmate Glen Oliphant and former US Ambassador Edward Peck who spoke of the injustice that the men of the Liberty endured in the cover-up of Israel’s attack these last 4 decades. Again, the names of the Liberty victims were recited aloud and a bell was wrung following the recital of each name. Afterwards, a wreath was laid at the Statue of the Unknown Sailor and “Taps” was played to a silent and somber crowd. Following this, the crowd was invited to view the DVD documentary on the Liberty incident by BBC investigative journalist Peter Hounam at a location nearby. Afterwards the ceremonies ended for the day and everyone returned to the Marriot Courtyard Hotel in Tyson’s Corner, Virginia, where a good number of the crew members gathered in the bar on the 2nd floor, threw back a few beers, talked, laughed and cried.

The next day began with a trip to the Annapolis Naval Academy in Maryland where a plaque was presented by that institution in honor of the 3 graduates from the academy–Philip Armstrong, David Lewis and Stephen Toth–who were on the USS Liberty June 8th 1967 during the attack. The ceremony featured speeches from educators from the academy and a very emotional invocation and benediction by former Chaplain George Evans. The plaque was accepted by Lt. Commander Dave Lewis who was the Intelligence Officer onboard the Liberty and a graduate of the academy as well. After the ceremony a traditional American lunch was served right there at the academy consisting of hamburgers, hotdogs, potato salad, and of course, beer. Once the attendees had their stomachs filled, all boarded the bus for the trip back to Virginia.

The bus ride back afforded the best opportunity in seeing the members of the Liberty crew in a manner up close and personal. They sat in the back just as they would have in the mess hall of the ship that day, telling jokes, teasing each other and talking of trivial matters. It was when the talk turned to politics though, politics past and present, that it became obvious these were no longer young men who had not seen the world at its worst. Beginning on June 8th, 1967 and continuing every day since, they had learned how politics in the Zionist occupied territory known as the United States works and had paid dearly during that schooling process. You could see it in their eyes and hear it in their voices. It was clear in the expressions that their faces made when speaking of it all–the betrayal 40 years ago by the same government they swore to serve…the indifference on the part of the American people to what happened to them, their visceral hatred for the people who subjected them to a living hell on earth when missiles, torpedoes and napalm were hurled against their ship for over an hour and who–as of yet–are to pay the price for what they did that day, and last but not least, where it is all going with regards to American involvement in the wars to save Israel taking place today.

That evening, the last of the ceremonies took place, which was the banquet. A wonderful meal was served and there were addresses from several crew members of the Liberty, but most importantly, a member of the US Intelligence community (who insisted that his speech not be recorded nor his name mentioned) confirmed what the members of the Liberty have known all along–that Israel’s attack on their ship 40 years ago was neither an accident nor a case of mistaken identity, as Israel has falsley claimed these last 4 decades. He had the highest clearance possible in the US government and had seen all the raw intelligence dealing with the attack and was able to confirm conclusively that Israel knew the ship was American and that it was the intention of the Jewish state to sink her that day and kill everyone aboard.

At the end of the 3 day ceremony, what the casual observer was left to conclude is that the Liberty boys exemplify the best of what America once was and could be again–loyalty, devotion and the will to fight to the very end to keep their ship afloat, despite all that is brought to bear against them. This casual observer has no doubt about the fact that the men from the USS Liberty will fight to the last man to keep the memory of what happened forty years ago alive and in the finest tradition of the US Navy will do all in their power to protect America from all enemies foreign and domestic, just as they did June 8th 1967 and every day since.

2007 by Mark Glenn–correspondent for American Free Press Newspaper

www.americanfreepress.net

www.crescentandcross.com

americanfreepress@yahoo.com

Quote:
but most importantly, a member of the US Intelligence community (who insisted that his speech not be recorded nor his name mentioned) confirmed what the members of the Liberty have known all along–that Israel’s attack on their ship 40 years ago was neither an accident nor a case of mistaken identity, as Israel has falsley claimed these last 4 decades. He had the highest clearance possible in the US government and had seen all the raw intelligence dealing with the attack and was able to confirm conclusively that Israel knew the ship was American and that it was the intention of the Jewish state to sink her that day and kill everyone aboard.

blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link

This man is America's only hope and it is fading fast. He says here how Pelosi paves the way for a US attack on Iran on THE ORDERS OF ISRAEl !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also an entire forum devoted to the sinking here
War Without End Forum Index -> USS Liberty
http://www.itszone.co.uk/zone0/viewforum.php?f=35

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
outsider

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Tony:

'There is also an entire forum devoted to the sinking here
War Without End Forum Index -> USS Liberty'

http://www.itszone.co.uk/zone0/viewforum.php?f=35

Booootiful!! Am I going to town on this one!!

kbo234
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

“I Was Murdered!! Can You Hear Me?”

Phillip F. Tourney – Crescent and Cross August 18, 2008

Can you hear me as I scream out from my watery grave in the Mediterranean Sea? Can you hear me from the tomb in the mass grave at Arlington National Cemetery? Can you hear me from my grave in the rolling hills of Kentucky? Can you hear me from my grave next to Mom & Dad’s house in Wisconsin? I am in many graves throughout this land in America. Can you hear me, so my death was not in vain?

…I was 19 years old and had the rest of my life ahead of me. I sure miss Mom and Dad, my kid brother. Most of all I miss the love of my life, Jenny. We met in second grade. We went to the prom together. She went off to college and I went off to the navy to serve my country. I loved her so much. How could I have looked into the future and known that my fate had already been sealed? I was to be murdered in cold blood…

…I had been in the navy for 9 years and was a chief petty officer already. The navy was my life. My wife accepted my decision to retire from the navy. We had a home in Norfolk, VA with our two kids, Debbie and little Joey. Joey loved to put on my chief’s hat and run around the house barking out orders. We all obeyed them. What good times we had together. As our ship left the pier, Cindy, my wife, would wave goodbye and stay until our ship was completely out of site over the horizon. I miss my family so much. How could I have known I was to be murdered, never to see my family again?…

…I graduated from the naval academy. What a proud day for me, Ma and Pa especially! Everyone was there, even my great-aunt. She came all the way from Hawaii to wish me well. I will never forget the great big hug she gave me. It felt so good. I really enjoyed my jobs in the navy, starting out as a lowly ensign. But how exciting were the tasks asked of me. I was just glad to be in the navy. I was on a blind date along with my roommate from the academy when I met his sister. He fixed me up with her. I really didn’t expect what I saw when I met her. Nothing against Tom but he wasn’t the most handsome man on the block so my expectations were pretty low, to say the least. She opened the door and I fell in love immediately. She was beautiful, breathtaking is a more fitting word. We were married 6 months and 4 days after I first saw her. We both wanted a family so we started immediately. I was blessed with three kids; two girls and a son. I had progressed in the navy and was now a Lt. Commander and the executive officer of my ship, the USS LIBERTY. How could I have ever imagined that sunny day in May as we set sail that I would never see my family again. God, I hope they all pull through this without me. I was to be murdered in the first week of June, 1967…

…I was retiring from the navy. I had already put in all of my time and hated that. I wanted to stay in until I was 90 years old, that’s how much I loved my job serving my country. My ship was about to sail off without me. I could not stand that I couldn’t go with her just one more time. I begged the captain to change my orders and he finally gave in and said ok, I’ll make sure you can make one more cruise with us. Now I had to go to my other captain, my wife, and tell her what I had done. My palms were sweaty, my heart was racing. Then I told her. I said honey the old man said I can make one more trip on the ship I love but I won’t go unless you and the kids say it’s ok. She started laughing, kissed me deeply and said I will not say no to something you love so much. I kissed my wife and kids goodbye, then hurried back to my ship. How her heart must have been broken when she heard I had been murdered aboard my good ship, the USS LIBERTY on June 8, 1967, by the Government of Israel….

I hear your voices, shipmates as do your other mates. We promise you WE SWEAR TO YOU IN THE NAME OF OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN AND IN THE NAMES OF OUR FOREFATHERS WHO MADE THIS GREAT NATION–we won’t let you die in vain. I hear your voices, shipmates. You remember me? My name is Ron Kukal. I’m the one who brought your lifeless and blown-up bodies out of the torpedoed spaces. I hear your voices. I won’t let you die in vain.

Forty one years ago, on June 8, 1967, my shipmates were murdered in cold blood by the Government of Israel in a sneak attack upon our ship in international waters. Our ship was attacked by jet aircraft using rockets and napalm to strafe our ship and burn us alive with their deadly napalm.

The Israelis sent 3 torpedo boats in for the kill, firing five torpedoes at us with one hitting the starboard side of our ship, instantly blowing to bits 25 brave American sailors and marines.

Our ship was in great danger of sinking so we put over our three remaining life rafts. The rest were shot up or burning. The Israelis shot two of the remaining rafts out of the water and took one aboard their boat. I guess they took it as a trophy for murdering their American friends. No survivors were to be allowed.

They then sent troop-carrying helicopters to finish us off. If it had not been for an incorrect message that help was on the way, I would have joined my brothers in death that fateful day.

Our government knew we were under attack and refused to come help us. Our government left us out there to die at the hands of our assassins, the Government of Israel. When it was all said and done our ship had over 800 canon and rocket holes. Thousands of armor piercing bullets were in her skin and a torpedo hole so big you could fit your house in it.

The torpedo gunmen made sport of shooting our fire fighters and stretcher bearers. I know this first hand because I was on the receiving end of their bullets. Thirty-four sailors and marines were murdered, 174 were wounded, and a 40 million dollar ship was in ruins.

The U.S. Government ordered all of us to never breath a word about what Israel did to us under penalty of prison or death. They made us part of the cover-up. Many survivors today will not speak of these war crimes for fear of our government. But many of us survivors chose to speak up and protest this act of treason by our own government officials who protect Israel with the phony excuse of ‘mistaken identity’.

The congress, then and now, are under the thumb of the Israeli political actions committees in this country and it is disgraceful that our spineless elected officials have no guts to confront them. The media–with few exceptions–are bought and paid for by the same people–ISRAEL.

I hear my shipmates every night, crying out from their graves for justice so their lives will not have been taken in vain. The only way I can drown out their voices is with my own voice as I cry back to them–I hear you, mates, and I will speak up for you until my last breath.

Now America, you know the story. Speak out–SHOUT–from the rooftops for justice, for the dead, and the wounded aboard the USS LIBERTY AGTR-5. It’s your duty as Americans.

Written in memory of the 34 murdered aboard the LIBERTY and all of the wounded.

Phillip F. Tourney, survivor and past president of the USS LIBERTY Veterans Association three times and co-host of the LIBERTY HOUR radio show through republicbroadcasting.org.

http://ussliberty.wordpress.com/2008/08/18/i-was-murdered-can-you-hear -me/
outsider

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting article, which I've copied over from the 'War Without End' site, from the US 'Jewish Press' on LBJ and Israel, with a 'passing reference' to the 'terrible mistake' of the Liberty attack, but much more useful info re Israel's nukes, JFK and LBJ!!!!!!!!:

http://www.jewishpress.com/content.cfm?contentid=35539

Alexander
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Liberty Hour(actually 2 hours) has had a great series of guests over the last few weeks, from Ray McGovern to Paul Craig Roberts, and Steven Sniegowski

This weekend's show - particularly the second hour with guest Greg Felton of http://www.gregfelton.com/ - was another good one.

Archive of shows here -
http://www.republicbroadcasting.org/index.php?cmd=archives.year&Progra mID=34&year=8&backURL=index.php%3Fcmd%3Darchives
outsider

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Death threat to 'Liberty' survivor Reply with quote

Phil Tourney, author of recent book 'What I Saw That Day...Israel's June 8 1967 Holocaust of US Servicemen Aboard the USS LIBERTY and its Aftermath', has been threatened with death within 30 to 60 days, 'because of his big mouth', by an a**hole claiming to be Mossad.
Phil was on Kevin Barrett's radio show recently, talking about the threat, but I missed it. The programme is archived on Kevin Barrett's site (14th August): http://www.americanfreedomradio.com/Barrett_10.html

Someone who WAS murdered for whistle-blowing is 'Chip' Tatum, who disappeared shortly after giving the two video interviews below (they are a 'must-watch') to Ted Gunderson, who is now under attack himself:

Have you heard of 'Operation Red Rock'? I hadn't, but it was a major 'False Flag' op to get Cambodia's Lon Nol into the Vietnamese War by destroying their aircraft on the ground, and making it look like the VC had done it. But also, the mission was so sensitive, Nixon had said none of the team should get out alive.
The operation did suceed in getting Lon Nol involved (leading to Pol Pot after the Yanks pulled out), and only two of the 14 man team (and none of the fourteen VC prisoners they took in with them) survived.

Chip went public after the 25-year secrecy period was up, and thought he had enough evidence to stop the government killing him: he was wrong, and he disappeared in 1998, and his tortured body washed up on a Panama beach in 2007.

Though a killer in his time, he died a Martyr to the Truth; a whistleblower extra-ordinaire:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4217457994226676654#

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2818882053570073287#

And Ted Gunderson, who took the interviews above, is also under attack:

http://www.tedgunderson.net/danger_zone.html

TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CIA and Mossad people are literally trying to re write history by threatening some of the key witnesses to their syndicate's crimes.
Will no mainstream media come to their aid?

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
item8

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://theuglytruth.wordpress.com/2010/08/16/the-man-with-the-israeli- accent-uss-liberty-survivor%E2%80%99s-life-threatened-by-mossad-on-ame rican-soil-while-uncle-sam-yawns/

Quote:
The Man With The Israeli Accent–USS LIBERTY Survivor’s Life Threatened by Mossad on American Soil While Uncle Sam Yawns
By crescentandcross

One would think that in this–the post 9/11 age–that a direct, face-to-face threat against the life of a decorated American war hero by someone claiming to be an agent working for a Middle Eastern country tied to previous acts of terrorism against the US would rouse some concern.

That is of course, unless the country from which this foreign agent hails is Israel and the war hero being threatened is a survivor of the USS LIBERTY, attacked by the Jewish state in 1967, leading to the deaths of 34 American servicemen.

As surreal as it sounds (again, in this the post 9/11 age) this nevertheless is exactly what transpired on the evening of Friday, August 6, to Phillip F. Tourney, decorated war hero and survivor of Israel’s deliberate and pre-meditated attack upon his ship USS LIBERTY 43 years ago who was verbally threatened by a foreign national claiming to work for the government of Israel.

No stranger to threats, Tourney has been subjected over the years to a smorgasboard of such business resulting from his refusal to remain silent concerning the deliberate attack on his ship 43 years ago and the cover-up nursed along every day since. These threats have included middle-of-the-night phone calls where the names of his children and grandchildren have been read aloud, guns fired a mere few inches from the phone’s receiver, swastikas painted on his home and, more recently, 2 occasions where the lugnuts on both his trucks were loosened, resulting in both vehicles being totaled in ensuing crashes.

What makes this most recent threat more ominous in its nature (and indicating that the same interests responsible for murdering his shipmates 43 years ago are beginning to take Tourney’s “activism” these days more serious than before) is that this time it took place in a manner “up close and personal,” meaning in a face-to-face encounter in the lounge of a Holiday Inn located in Southern California.

Vacationing the first week of August with Lisa, his wife of almost 30 years, as he sat in the lounge one Friday, August 6th evening, the seat to his immediate right was taken up by a well-dressed man speaking with an Israeli accent who wanted to strike up a conversation about–of all things–the USS LIBERTY. According to both Tourney and his wife, the man in question was in his mid-40’s, well-dressed and carried himself in a very “professional” way. Within seconds of the discussion’s beginning, the Israeli national referred to the LIBERTY as “that horse transport” (the lame excuse Israel has maintained these last 43 years in “mistaking” the USS LIBERTY for the El Quesir, an Egyptian horse ferry ¼ the size) thus conveying the message to Tourney that his new-found friend was indeed an official from the Israeli government. Tourney asked the man what he did, only to be told that he was a “doctor”. When Tourney challenged him to produce a business card, the “doctor” said he didn’t carry them, not bothering to disguise the slight smirk on his face underscoring the deliberate farcical nature of his response.

Obviously trying to get Tourney unhinged (no doubt in the interests of creating a public scene that might eventually turn violent and leading to Tourney’s high-profile/media-intensive arrest) the Israeli then went on discussing the June 8, 1967 butchering of 34 Americans by the government of Israel in mocking, taunting tones.

During the initial few moments of the verbal exchange, the man with the Israeli accent–wearing an outlandishly-over-sized watch–repeatedly put the watch menacingly and directly in Tourney’s face as if he–the Israeli–were a news reporter shoving a microphone in the face of a prospective interviewee. Tourney recognized immediately what was going on, indicated he knew he was being taped and told the man to get the watch out of his face. Again, it can be assumed the man with the Israeli accent was trying to provoke Tourney into some sort of physical action that could result in the police showing up and subsequent newspaper headlines damaging to the USS LIBERTY cause such as USS LIBERTY SURVIVOR ASSAULTS JEWISH DOCTOR IN HOTEL LOUNGE.

Finally, unable to provoke Tourney into throwing that hoped-for first punch, from there the dialogue turned into something right out of an episode of the gangster mini-series The Sopranos. After telling Tourney that the men of the USS LIBERTY “got what they deserved that day”, the man with the Israeli accent admitted he was in fact not a doctor but rather an employee of the same people who murdered the men aboard the LIBERTY 43 years ago. Tourney asked the man what he did specifically, to which the response over and over was “many things“ and “I do whatever my government asks of me”.

The Israeli national then went on to say that his bosses were “not happy” with some of Tourney’s recent “activities“. He mentioned specifically the radio programs Tourney has either hosted or appeared on in recent years as well as the book he recently co-authored along with independent journalist Mark Glenn entitled “What I Saw That Day…Israel’s 1967 Holocaust of American Servicemen Aboard the USS LIBERTY and Its Aftermath”. The man made clear the fact that his government–the government of Israel–planned on putting a stop to all of this sooner rather than later, adding that “We plan to pay a visit to your friend Mark Glenn soon as well”.

At this point, Tourney, wanting to keep the man with the Israeli accent talking as much as possible, then asked how he planned upon silencing him. Was he (Tourney) going to be shot right there in the lounge in front of all present witnesses, and if not, when and where? The man with the Israeli accent merely maintained the same smirk on his face he had displayed before. Tourney then asked him when the next war was going to start, to which the foreign agent replied “Soon…My sources tell me between 30 and 60 days” and to which Tourney responded with another question “And what about me?”, to which the man with the Israeli accent responded “You are on the same list as the Iranians.”

At this point, Tourney’s wife Lisa, hearing what was taking place a mere few feet off to her right and experiencing for the first time the kind of threats that her husband has endured for decades (but which he never shared with her) decided she had heard enough. She got up from her seat, went around her husband so she could stare eye to eye with her husband’s would-be murderer and let loose in the way any devoted wife would–She referred to the man with the Israeli accent as the devil and told him he had no right to do what he was doing, asking him who he thought he was threatening Americans in such a way.

At this point, the elevated discussion was obviously attracting attention from the other patrons in the lounge and as if on cue, the man with the Israeli accent fawned surprise, shock and contrition, loudly protesting with apologies, all the more so as to make Tourney and his wife appear irrational, irascible and out of control and he the innocent victim. Shortly afterwards, hotel security showed up and the Tourneys left the lounge.

Tourney’s first action upon arriving at his hotel room was to call the aforementioned co-author of his book Mark Glenn and relate to him what took place and make him aware of the fact that threats had been made against both of them personally by a foreign national claiming to work for the government of Israel.

The following Monday, a visit to the FBI office in Coeur D’Alene, Idaho was made by Glenn where he met for close to an hour with a special agent and described in as much detail as he was capable of delivering the events of the prior Friday evening. According to Glenn, the agent doing the interview was courteous and professional but at an obvious disadvantage in terms of the nature of what had just taken place, as he seemed to have no working knowledge concerning the slaughter of Americans aboard the USS LIBERTY or even with violent Jewish groups tied to Israel’s Mossad operating in the U.S. such as the JDL or JDO, despite the fact that both organizations are categorized by both the US Justice Department and the US State Department as some of the most dangerous terrorist organizations operating on American soil.

Tourney faired no better in his encounter with the FBI in his hometown in relating what took place. According to Tourney, the agent taking down the report gravitated between boredom and aggravation at his being forced to deal with such business, although he indicated he would contact the Coeur D’Alene office and “compare notes”.

As of the moment of this writing, no follow-up calls have been paid by either FBI office to either parties filing this complaint.

The obvious (which needs no mention but will be nonetheless) are the political realities surrounding this event. If the roles of the various players involved with this event were slightly different, in that they featured an American–war hero or not–being threatened by agents of a foreign country in the Middle East (not Israel) it would make headline news all over the world. Law enforcement officials from virtually every federal agency down to and including the FDA would be pulled off other pressing details in order to bring the full resources of the US government to bear in dealing with the situation and all other news would take a back seat as Americans would be fed a constant din of noise surrounding the latest ”terrorist” threat from the Middle East.

However, just as the world learned in the days and weeks following 9/11, where scores of Israeli intelligence officers (some in circumstances as “interesting” as filming the destruction of the Twin Towers and cheering and others arrested while driving an explosives-laden van around New York City) were apprehended by U.S. law enforcement personnel and then quietly sent back to Israel, the Jewish state can literally get away with mass murder against Americans and nothing will be done. Whether it is the attack on the USS LIBERTY, Israel’s role in 9/11 or the fact that two American families were threatened with death by the government of the Jewish state, Israel and her paid assassins are given a free pass out the back door to a waiting getaway vehicle after their crimes have been committed.

The likely factor that bears consideration as to why Israel has suddenly taken such an interest (and gotten nervous) about the activities of USS LIBERTY survivor Phil Tourney is the fact Americana Pictures has just finished the first draft of a screenplay based loosely and not-so-loosely on the events as recounted in Tourney’s new book. The president of Americana Pictures, Merlin Miller, is a graduate of West Point Academy, spent many years working in Hollywood, has directed and produced several of his own films and has now made the project of producing and directing a new film telling the story of what took place with Israel’s attack on the USS LIBERTY his main priority.

Developments as they occur…

© 2010 Mark Glenn

nomorewarsforisrael@gmail.com

http://theuglytruth.podbean.com
Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.williambowles.info/syria_lebanon/mehlis_berlin_disco.html

27/8/98
German TV exposes CIA, Mossad links to 1986 Berlin disco bombing By a German correspondent

Backgrounder on Detlev Mehlis

27 August 1998

www.wsws.org/news/1998/aug1998/bomb1-a27.shtml

A documentary broadcast August 25 by German public television presents compelling evidence that some of the main suspects in the 1986 Berlin disco bombing, the event that provided the pretext for a US air assault on Libya, worked for American and Israeli intelligence.

The report, aired by Zweites Deutsches Fernsehen (ZDF television), is of the greatest relevance to events of the past three weeks, in which attacks on US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania have become the justification for US missile strikes against Afghanistan and Sudan, and a shift in American foreign policy to an even more unbridled use of military force internationally.

With Washington declaring “war against terrorism” and arrogating to itself the right to use its military might unilaterally against any target anywhere in the world, the German TV report raises the most serious and disturbing questions. All the more so, since the US media and leading Republican politicians, within hours of the American embassy bombings, began citing Reagan’s 1986 air attack on Libya as an exemplary response to terrorist attacks, and pressed Clinton to carry out similar military action.

The air strike on Libya

On April 15, 1986 US war planes bombed the Libyan cities of Tripoli and Benghazi. They destroyed the home of Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi and killed at least 30 civilians, including many children. Gaddafi himself, the main target of the air strike, was not hurt.

Two hours later President Ronald Reagan justified the unprecedented attack on a sovereign country and its head of state in a national television address. The US, Reagan claimed, had “direct, precise and irrefutable” proof that Libya was responsible for a bomb blast in a West Berlin discotheque. The explosion 10 days earlier at the disco La Belle, a favorite nightspot for US soldiers, had killed three people and injured 200.

Since November of 1997 five defendants have been on trial in a Berlin court for their alleged involvement in the La Belle attack. But in the course of more than half a year the case has proceeded very slowly. ZDF television, which carried out its own investigation into the case, explained why in the August 25 documentary produced by its political magazine Frontal.

What the German documentary reveals

The Frontal report arrives at the following conclusions:

1) The lead defendant presently on trial, Yasser Chraidi, is very possibly innocent, and is being used as a scapegoat by German and American intelligence services.

2) At least one of the defendants, Musbah Eter, has been working for the CIA over many years.

3) Some of the key suspects have not appeared in court, because they are being protected by Western intelligence services.

4) At least one of those, Mohammed Amairi, is an agent of Mossad, the Israeli secret service.

The man charged with being the mastermind of the La Belle attack, 38-year-old Yasser Chraidi, was a driver at the Libyan embassy in East Berlin in 1986. He later moved to Lebanon, from whence he was extradited to Germany in May 1996.

Frontal interviewed the two Lebanese responsible for the extradition of Chraidi: the former public prosecutor Mounif Oueidat and his deputy Mrad Azoury. Both confirm that the German authorities used deceit to have Chraidi extradited.

According to Azoury, he received no evidence that Chraidi was actually involved in the attack; there were only “hints.” Oueidat states that the Germans showed tremendous interest in getting Chraidi. “The Americans were behind this demand,” he says. “This was obvious. They spurred on the Germans to speed up the extradition.”

Eventually Chraidi, declared to be a “top terrorist,” was flown to Germany in a spectacular security operation. But a Berlin judge found the evidence presented by the prosecution so weak, he threatened to release Chraidi within three weeks unless more proof was presented.

At this point another man was brought into the case, who, according to Frontal, “was obviously supposed to be spared by the prosecution until then.” On September 9, 1996, the very day the Berlin judge threatened to release Chraidi, Berlin public prosecutor Detlev Mehlis, Berlin police inspector Uwe Wilhelms and a Mr. Winterstein of the German Federal Intelligence Service (BND) met Musbah Eter in the Mediterranean island state of Malta.

CIA involvement

The meeting had been prepared by the BND, which maintains close connections to its American counterpart, the CIA. Musbah Eter was running an international business in Malta, which, according to Frontal, served as a cover for extensive intelligence operations on behalf of the CIA.

The German authorities wanted him on a murder charge. But during the Malta meeting a deal was struck: “Immunity for Eter, if he incriminates Chraidi for La Belle.” The next day Eter went to the German embassy and testified. As a result, the warrant against him was scrapped and he was allowed to travel to Germany.

In the words of Frontal, Eter is “the key figure in the La Belle trial.” At the time of the disco bomb attack he worked for the Libyan embassy in East Berlin. But he paid regular visits to the US embassy. According to Christian Str�bele, the lawyer for Chraidi, this highly unusual fact is proven by extensive notes of the East German secret police, who watched Eter very closely at the time.

There are many indications that Eter was actively involved in the La Belle bombing. According to interrogation transcripts studied by Frontal, he had the detailed knowledge of a participant. He even admitted that he brought the operating instructions for the bomb to the flat of a codefendant.

Frontal asserts that besides the defendants in the present trial, another group was involved in the La Belle bombing—a group of professional terrorists, working for anybody who paid them, led by a certain “Mahmoud” Abu Jaber. Members of this group, according to Frontal, “have barely been bothered by the prosecution and live securely in other countries.”

In the months preceding the La Belle attack they lived in East Berlin and met, almost on a daily basis, with the present defendants. Hours before the attack they moved to West Berlin, where the bomb exploded. Their movements were monitored by the East German and Russian secret services, who concluded that they were working for Western intelligence.

The Russian KGB, in a document cited by Frontal, gave the opinion that American counterintelligence planned to use “Mahmoud” to concoct a case for the involvement of Libyan terrorists in the attack. According to the same KGB document, “Mahmoud” had warned West Berlin intelligence two days before the explosion.

Frontal followed the traces of Mohammed Amairi, the right-hand man of “Mahmoud” Abu Jaber, who, according to the documents it has studied, “was particularly involved in the preparation of the La Belle attack.”

An agent of Mossad

Amairi left Germany for Norway in 1990, when a warrant was issued for his arrest. He now lives in the Norwegian town of Bergen, where Frontal found and interviewed him. He stopped the interview when he was asked what secret service he had been working for. His lawyer, Odd Drevland, finally told the story.

When Amairi moved to Norway he was arrested and branded “a danger to the country” on the front page of tabloids. But then the Israeli secret service Mossad took charge of him and “everything changed.”

“Was Amairi a Mossad agent?” asked Frontal. “He was a Mossad man,” answered Drevland.

In the meantime, Norway has granted asylum to Amairi and he will soon receive Norwegian citizenship. The Berlin prosecutor has lifted the warrant against him.

“These secret service intrigues present a task for the Berlin court that is almost insoluble,” concludes the Frontal report. “But one thing is certain, the American legend of Libyan state terrorism can no longer be maintained.”

There are striking parallels between the 1986 bombing of Libya and last week’s missile strikes against targets in Sudan and Afghanistan. Once again Washington claims to have “proof” to justify its use of deadly force. But as the Frontal report shows, such claims cannot be trusted. Twelve years after the bombing of Libya, Reagan’s proof turns out to be anything but irrefutable. Instead there is powerful evidence that the La Belle attack was a carefully prepared provocation.

It may come as a shock to many Americans, all the more so given the utterly venal and lying role of the US media, but US intelligence services are well versed in the most unscrupulous and bloody methods, not excluding those that result in injury or death to Americans. No serious consideration of the August 7 East African bombings can rule out the possibility of a provocation, organized either directly or indirectly by US agencies.

Certainly the US embassy bombings, with their terrible human toll—for the most part, African—provided a welcome pretext for forcing through a desired shift in policy and obtaining public support for unilateral military action. Indeed, within hours of the US embassy bombings, the International Herald Tribune had published a column declaring the attacks were “acts of war and the United States could take reprisals against the bombers under international law without the approval of the United Nations.”

We wait with interest to see whether any of the American television networks—CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN—or any of the establishment newspapers will even take note of the German expos� of the events surrounding the bombing of Libya. We have no expectation that they will.

See Also:

“Nerve gas factory” claim exposed as hoax What are the real reasons for the US missile strikes? [26 August 1998] www.wsws.org/news/1998/aug1998/bomb-a26.shtml

The Sudan-Afghanistan attack: Clinton uses cruise missiles to placate political opponents [22 August 1998] www.wsws.org/news/1998/aug1998/bomb-a22.shtml

Questions mount in Kenya, Tanzania bombings US government, Israeli intelligence had advance warning [13 August 1998] www.wsws.org/news/1998/aug1998/bomb-a13.shtml

As US media suggest targets for military attack – Death toll mounts in East African bombings [11 August 1998] www.wsws.org/news/1998/aug1998/bomb-a11.shtml

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
fish5133
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit old but informative nevertheless

Link

mickle shawn
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Ian, But why is Jones telling Little white Lies?
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just digging around the death of lead singer of rock band The Doors Jim Morrison and came across this about his father, who was George Morrison, a US navy admiral's reaction to the attack on USS Liberty.
Perhaps the Mossad killed him to give Admiral Morrison something else to think about?
http://hugequestions.com/Eric/TFC/FromOthers/Death-of-Jim-Morrison.htm l

And how about the USS Liberty connection?
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=George_Stephen_Morrison&oldi d=245159839
Quote:
“Some believe Admiral George Morrison's Naval career may have been slowed by political undertones surrounding his analysis of the USS Liberty incident which occurred in 1967.
“Morrison opposed the official US Navy response to the attack, and proposed an immediate and swift economic and military response against Israel for the attack on an official US Navy ship.”
[Admiral] Morrison's analysis and political motivation was at odds with the soft non-militaristic response ultimately taken by the U.S. State Department and U.S. Navy. [Admiral] Morrison asserted Israeli intentionally attacked the U.S.S. Liberty, trying to disguise Israeli torpedo boats as Syrian vessels in an attempt to provoke a war between the United States and Syria. This would have increased United State military and financial assistance during the Six Day War.

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cover-up was immediate and extensive – going all the way to the Johnson White House. Israel eventually paid 13 million USD in indemnities to the US Federal Government, the 174 wounded survivors of the attack, and the family members of the 34 men killed. Which means they simply returned some of America’s tax dollars.
Interestingly, the rear admiral commanding the nearest US Navy carrier task force ordered American fighter planes, which were only fifteen minutes away, to fly to the defense of the Liberty; however, his order was countermanded by the commander of US Naval forces in Europe. The carrier admiral was George S. Morrison – the father of rock legend Jim Morrison. The admiral who countermanded the order was John S. McCain Jr. – the father of the 2008 Republican US Presidential candidate, John McCain III.
Rear Admiral Morrison fiercely opposed the official report – which exhonerated Israel of any wrongdoing; and, though he was at the time of the incident the youngest admiral in the US Navy, he never rose to higher rank.
http://my.telegraph.co.uk/silurian/silurian/10008355/The_USS_Liberty_I ncident__1967/

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'The USS Liberty': America's Most Shameful Secret
http://archive.lewrockwell.com/orig/margolis12.html

by Eric S. Margolis

NEW YORK – On the fourth day of the 1967 Arab Israeli War, the intelligence ship 'USS Liberty' was steaming slowly in international waters, 14 miles off the Sinai Peninsula. Israeli armored forces were racing deep into Sinai in hot pursuit of the retreating Egyptian army.

'Liberty,' a World War II freighter, had been converted into an intelligence vessel by the top-secret US National Security Agency, and packed with the latest signals and electronic interception equipment. The ship bristled with antennas and electronic 'ears' including TRSSCOMM, a system that delivered real-time intercepts to Washington by bouncing a stream of microwaves off the moon.

'Liberty' had been rushed to Sinai to monitor communications of the belligerents in the Third Arab Israeli War: Israel and her foes, Egypt, Syria, and Jordan.

At 0800 hrs, 8 June, 1967, eight Israeli recon flights flew over 'Liberty,' which was flying a large American flag. At 1400 hrs, waves of low-flying Israeli Mystere and Mirage-III fighter-bombers repeatedly attacked the American vessel with rockets, napalm, and cannon. The air attacks lasted 20 minutes, concentrating on the ship's electronic antennas and dishes. The 'Liberty' was left afire, listing sharply. Eight of her crew lay dead, a hundred seriously wounded, including the captain, Commander William McGonagle.

At 1424 hrs, three Israeli torpedo boats attacked, raking the burning 'Liberty' with 20mm and 40mm shells. At 1431hrs an Israeli torpedo hit the 'Liberty' midship, precisely where the signals intelligence systems were located. Twenty-five more Americans died.

Israeli gunboats circled the wounded 'Liberty,' firing at crewmen trying to fight the fires. At 1515, the crew were ordered to abandon ship. The Israeli warships closed and poured machine gun fire into the crowded life rafts, sinking two. As American sailors were being massacred in cold blood, a rescue mission by US Sixth Fleet carrier aircraft was mysteriously aborted on orders from the White House.

An hour after the attack, Israeli warships and planes returned. Commander McGonagle gave the order. 'prepare to repel borders.' But the Israelis, probably fearful of intervention by the US Sixth Fleet, departed. 'Liberty' was left shattered but still defiant, her flag flying.

The Israeli attacks killed 34 US seamen and wounded 171 out of a crew of 297, the worst loss of American naval personnel from hostile action since World War II.

Less than an hour after the attack, Israel told Washington its forces had committed a 'tragic error.' Later, Israel claimed it had mistaken 'Liberty' for an ancient Egyptian horse transport. US Secretary of State, Dean Rusk, and Joint Chiefs of Staff head, Admiral Thomas Moorer, insisted the Israeli attack was deliberate and designed to sink 'Liberty.' So did three CIA reports; one asserted Israel's Defense Minister, Gen. Moshe Dayan, had personally ordered the attack.

In contrast to American outrage over North Korea's assault on the intelligence ship 'Pueblo,' Iraq's mistaken missile strike on the USS 'Stark,' last fall's bombing of the USS 'Cole' in Aden, and the recent US-China air incident, the savaging of 'Liberty' was quickly hushed up by President Lyndon Johnson and Defense Secretary Robert McNamara.

The White House and Congress immediately accepted Israel's explanation and let the matter drop. Israel later paid a token reparation of US $6 million. There were reports two Israeli pilots who had refused to attack 'Liberty' were jailed for 18 years.

Surviving 'Liberty' crew members would not be silenced. They kept demanding an open inquiry and tried to tell their story of deliberate attack to the media. Israel's government worked behind the scenes to thwart these efforts, going so far as having American pro-Israel groups accuse 'Liberty's' survivors of being 'anti-Semites' and 'Israel-haters.' Major TV networks cancelled interviews with the crew. A book about the 'Liberty' by crewman James Ennes' was dropped from distribution. The Israel lobby branded him 'an Arab propagandist.'

The attack on 'Liberty' was fading into obscurity until last week, when intelligence expert James Bamford came out with Body of Secrets, his latest book about the National Security Agency. In a stunning revelation, Bamford writes that unknown to Israel, a US Navy EC-121 intelligence aircraft was flying high overhead the 'Liberty,' electronically recorded the attack. The US aircraft crew provides evidence that the Israeli pilots knew full well that they were attacking a US Navy ship flying the American flag.

Why did Israel try to sink a naval vessel of its benefactor and ally? Most likely because 'Liberty's' intercepts flatly contradicted Israel's claim, made at the war's beginning on 5 June, that Egypt had attacked Israel, and that Israel's massive air assault on three Arab nations was in retaliation. In fact, Israel began the war by a devastating, Pearl-Harbor style surprise attack that caught the Arabs in bed and destroyed their entire air forces.

Israel was also preparing to attack Syria to seize its strategic Golan Heights. Washington warned Israel not to invade Syria, which had remained inactive while Israel fought Egypt. Bamford says Israel's offensive against Syria was abruptly postponed when 'Liberty' appeared off Sinai, then launched once it was knocked out of action. Israel's claim that Syria had attacked it could have been disproved by 'Liberty.'

Most significant, 'Liberty's' intercepts may have shown that Israel seized upon sharply rising Arab-Israeli tensions in May-June 1967 to launch a long-planned war to invade and annex the West Bank, Jerusalem, Golan and Sinai.

Far more shocking was Washington's response. Writes Bamford: 'Despite the overwhelming evidence that Israel attacked the ship and killed American servicemen deliberately, the Johnson Administration and Congress covered up the entire incident.' Why?

Domestic politics. Johnson, a man never noted for high moral values, preferred to cover up the attack rather than anger a key constituency and major financial backer of the Democratic Party. Congress was even less eager to touch this 'third rail' issue.

Commander McGonagle was quietly awarded the Medal of Honor for his and his men's heroism – not in the White House, as is usual, but in an obscure ceremony at the Washington Navy Yard. Crew member's graves were inscribed, 'died in the Eastern Mediterranean..' as if they had be killed by disease, rather than hostile action.

A member of President Johnson's staff believed there was a more complex reason for the cover-up: Johnson offered Jewish liberals unconditional backing of Israel, and a cover-up of the 'Liberty' attack, in exchange for the liberal toning down their strident criticism of his policies in the then raging Vietnam War.

Israel, which claims it fought a war of self defense in 1967 and had no prior territorial ambitions, will be much displeased by Bamford's revelations. Those who believe Israel illegally occupies the West Bank and Golan will be emboldened.

Much more important, the US government's long, disgraceful cover-up of the premeditated attack on 'Liberty' has now burst into the open and demands full-scale investigation. After 34 years, the voices of 'Liberty's' dead and wounded seamen must finally be heard.

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
outsider

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a number of questions re above article: 1. The Israeli torpedo boats did not 'pour fire into the crowded lifeboats'; they shot up the lifeboats before anyone had a chance to get into them (but that was still a War Crime); 2. I have never heard that the two pilots who refused to attack the ship got sentenced to 18 years; the last thing Israel would have wanted was a trial where the pilots would defend themselves by stating they refused orders to attack because they knew it was a US ship, and there is no way they could have kept that trial secret; I'll try to contact Margolis to get more info on that one!; and 3. Margolis does not mention the other, far more likely reason Israel attacked the 'Liberty' and LBJ covered it up; because LBJ was party to the plan for the attack in the first place, and deliberately had the 'Liberty' sent to the area as a 'Sacrificial Lamb' (see 'Operation Cyanide' by Peter Hounam, and BBC documentary 'Dead In The Water' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjOH1XMAwZA

http://fast1.onesite.com/my.telegraph.co.uk/user/silurian/ee744d446d9a 1388246225b5992175ca.jpg

TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Evidence Proves Israel Attacked USS Liberty With Orders to Kill 294 Americans
Home»Breaking»New Evidence Proves Israel Attacked USS Liberty With Orders to Kill 294 Americans
http://theantimedia.org/new-evidence-proves-israel-attacked-uss-libert y-orders-sink-ship-kill-294-americans/
Aaron Nelson November 10, 2014
(TheAntiMedia) Fresh evidence presented in an exclusive Al Jazeera investigation into the Israeli attack on the USS Liberty that killed 34 Americans proves the incident was not a mistake. Since 1967 the ‘official story‘ has been that Israel simply misidentified the American ship as Egyptian for several hours. Israel apologized to the United States and for several decades we’ve been led to believe that this could be the only explanation for why Israeli jets and torpedo boats would launch rockets, missiles and torpedoes at an American target for more than two hours.
thedayA new documentary called ‘The Day Israel Attacked America” airing on Al Jazeera was produced and directed by award winning British film maker Richard Belfield. Thanks to the audio evidence obtained by Belfield, it is finally possible to prove the survivors of the attack on the USS Liberty were right all along. The survivors have always been extremely confident that Israel’s intentions were to sink that ship and kill everyone on board so Egypt could be blamed for the tragedy. Why? To convince President Lyndon Johnson (and the American public) that we needed to declare war on Egypt. This is the definition of a ‘false flag‘. (can you say 9/11?)
It appears that once again, a conspiracy theory has turned out to be conspiracy fact. You can finally take off your tinfoil hats!
“Earlier this year, I acquired a copy of the audiotape of the attack as it had unfolded, the real time conversations between Israeli Air Force pilots and their controllers back at base. It had never been broadcast before. I went to talk to Al Jazeera and after careful consideration, the network commissioned the film.” - Richard Belfield

Just sixteen minutes after Israel attacked America, the USS Liberty was confirmed by Israeli forces to be an American ship. These conversations can be heard in the documentary Al Jazeera has been airing on their station.
“To what state does she belong?” (Answer): “American”
Yet the attacks continued for an hour and a half!
Even five minutes before the first bombing you can hear Israeli Air Force pilots question whether the ship was American or not. You don’t have to be a genius to understand why these pilots would be extremely uncomfortable attacking a ship suspected to be American without being given direct orders to do so. I believe we can safely assume this attack wouldn’t have been carried out otherwise.
rsz_deathamerica“Is it an American ship?” “What do you mean American?” “No comment.”
Twenty minutes after a ground controller answered “American” when asked “to what state does she belong?” by Israeli Air Force pilots, the first torpedo hit the USS Liberty. A voice can clearly be heard which confirms that this target, thought to be American at that time, was to be destroyed.

“The torpedo is talking care of the ship now.”
As soon as the first torpedo hit the USS Liberty, Israeli torpedo boats circled the ship and started machine-gunning the American target for another 40 minutes. When the USS Liberty crew lowered their lifeboats into the water to evacuate their ship, the Israelis moved closer so they could gun down the Americans attempting to save their own lives.
More than ten years ago a journalist named Arieh O’Sullivan from the Jerusalem Post was allowed to listen to these same audiotapes. He published a transcript of the Israeli military transmissions he heard directing the attack on the USS Liberty. Sixteen minutes after the attack started, just as in the recording obtained by Al Jazeera, O’Sullivan’s transcript (translated from Hebrew to English) shows the same exchange.
“Kislev, what country?” (Answer): “Apparently American.”
That is where O’Sullivan’s transcript, published over ten years ago by the Jerusalem Post, ends. There is just one major problem with that… The attack continued for another hour and a half!
Navy Admiral Thomas Moorer, who has served this country as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and Chief of Naval Operations, once lead an independent commission to investigate what really happened to the USS Liberty. The commission’s findings were made public in 2003. Here are a few of the shocking conclusions.
The attack, by a U.S. ally, was a deliberate attempt to destroy an American ship and kill its entire crew.
The attack included the machine-gunning of stretcher-bearers and life rafts .
The White House deliberately prevented the U.S. Navy from coming to the defense of the USS Liberty. This was the first time in naval history a rescue mission had been cancelled while an American ship was under attack.
Surviving crew members were later threatened with court-martial, imprisonment, or worse if they talked to anyone about what had happened to them; and were “abandoned by their own government.”

John Crewdson, a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist, published in 2007 what former CIA analyst Ray McGovern has called the ‘most detailed and accurate account of the Israeli attack‘ for the Chicago Tribune and Baltimore Sun. You guessed it, Crewdson was fired by the Chicago Tribune just a year later after working there for 24 years. You should read his work.
“Israeli messages intercepted on June 8, 1967, leave no doubt that sinking the USS Liberty was the mission assigned to the attacking Israeli warplanes and torpedo boats as the Six-Day War raged in the Middle East. Let me repeat: there is no doubt – none – that the mission of the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) was to destroy the USS Liberty and kill its entire crew.” – former CIA analyst Ray McGovern.

http://theantimedia.org/new-evidence-proves-israel-attacked-uss-libert y-orders-sink-ship-kill-294-americans/

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
outsider

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One problem: LBJ was in it from the outset, sent the @Liberty' into 'harm's way' in total collusion with Mossad; read 'Operation Cyanide' by Peter Hounam, and for those with less time, watch 'Dead in the Water':
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc7sOb7IsPY
Absolutely amazing it's still up!!

outsider

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al Jazeera The Day Israel Attacked America PDTV x264 AAC MVGroup org Copy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtEUGiKeEsk

Reasonable, but doesn't cover the nuke aspect or the pre-planning by LBJ with the Deputy Israeli Ambassador (almost certainly the Mossad head in the US) Ephraim 'Eppie' Evron in Washington, about ten days before the attack. Al Jazeera is now run by pro-Israeli Qatari government.
See "USS Liberty: Dead In The Water":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjOH1XMAwZA

or better still, read Peter Hounam's 'Operation Cyanide'.

outsider

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

‘the day the US nearly nuked cairo: USS liberty, isrel and LBJ’:
https://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2004/03/287545.html

Just a reminder...

'On June 8, 1967, the Israelis attacked the USS Liberty, in international waters, 13 miles off the coast of the Sinai Peninsula, and tried to sink it, and kill all 294 American on board the spy ship (“Assault on the Liberty,” James M. Ennes, Jr. and James Bamford’s “Body of Secrets.”) The Israelis then falsely claimed it was just a case of “mistaken identity.”

However, according to Peter Hounam, the author of the expose’, “Operation Cyanide,” the murderous Israeli attack was a set up to blame the Egyptians and bring the U.S. into the 1967 war on their side. The Liberty was a “sitting duck” for the Israeli jet planes’ missiles and rockets and their torpedo boats. The attack lasted at least 75 minutes, killing 34 brave Americans and wounding 172 others. Liberty survivor, Petty Officer Ernie Gallo, said, “I mean for a group of people, who are suppose to be the children of God, (the Israelis), they didn’t show any mercy for us.”

Both Captain Ward Boston, an ex-Navy attorney, who participated in a Court of Inquiry, with respect to the Liberty, and Admiral Thomas Moorer, a former Chairman of the U.S. Joint Chief of Staff, (who recently died), believe that President Lyndon Baynes Johnson ordered a massive “cover-up” after the attack by the Israelis (10/23/03, CBSNews.com.)

On first hearing of the Liberty attack by allegedly “unidentified aircraft,” the U.S. launched planes from the Sixth Fleet carriers, then located in the Mediterranean, off Crete, armed with nuclear weapons. They were headed for Cairo to retaliate. Only minutes before reaching their target, they were recalled. Why? The Israelis had failed to sink the Liberty! The Zionist predators had mistakenly believed U.S. planes were also on their way to rescue the Liberty, so they were forced to stop their assault. Only then, did they admit to the U.S., that they were the culprits.

According to Hounam’s research, the White House knew within minutes of the Liberty attack, that the perpetrator was really Israel (p. 94). On two separate occasions, the White House recalled aircraft rescue missions for the Liberty. On the last attempt, LBJ told Rear-Admiral Lawrence Geis of the Sixth Fleet, “I WILL NOT EMBARRASS OUR ALLY.” The Liberty was then left “dead in the water,” without any assistance for over 16 hours. (See also, an excellent documentary of the same title by the BBC and affidavits and statements found at USSLiberty.org.)

At pp. 267-268, Hounam said, “Sinking the Liberty and blaming Egypt and the Soviets would have freed Johnson’s hand to do almost anything - even to drop an atomic bomb on Cairo. Trouble only arose when the Israel operation failed - and the damned ship stayed afloat.”

Hounam revealed that within LBJ’s hawkish administration, there was shadowy clique that met under the rubric of the “303 Committee.” Richard Helms, the late CIA Director, said that entity was, “A device for examining covert operations of any kind and making a judgment on behalf of the President, so he wouldn’t be nailed with the thing, if it failed.”

Out of the “303 Committee,” came a project labeled, “Frontlet 615,” which was furthered defined as, “A secret political agreement in 1966 by which Israel and the U.S. had vowed to destroy (Egypt’s Gamal Abdel) Nasser.” The military name for the operation was, “Operation Cyanide.” The U.S. also had a draconian plan, entitled, “Condition November,” a strategy for a pre-emptive nuclear strike against the Soviet Union. All of the above ended up being interwoven into the tragic saga of the Liberty.

LBJ was an extremely ambitious man, who was, in 1967, seeking reelection. The Vietnam War was going badly for him and his popularity was plummeting. He had surrounded himself with Zionist zealots, like the late Walter Rostow, his Special Assistant for National Security Affairs.

Here is how Hounam described Rostow, “A sinister, Svengali-like figure, or simply the biggest and best fixer? Of all the people in Johnson’s entourage, he was crucial in determining which way the U.S. might respond to the threatened hostilities in the Middle East... Rostow was a hawk who believed in the justness of the Vietnam War and, as a Jew, his Zionism was strongly felt and expressed...(He) had daily contact with the President. This gave him especially close access.” He had acquired enormous influence running the committee (303 Committee) that sanctioned covert operations by the CIA. He also knew in taking Israel’s side on most issues he was playing to the President’s tune. He described Johnson as the ‘most pro-Semitic man’ he had ever met.” Rostow was also an “advisor” to LBJ when he used the phony “Gulf of Tonkin Resolution,” in 1964, to launch the U.S. into the disastrous Vietnam War.

Just imagine for one moment, if an individual dedicated to putting America’s interests first - before the interests of the Zionists - had been the U.S. President on June 8, 1967. Instead of recalling our aircrafts that were on their way to rescue the Liberty, he (or she) would have ordered them to continue on their mission, not only to defend the Liberty and to stop the massacre, but to retaliated against the Zionist aggressors by bombing their naval base at the port of Ashdod, their military headquarters at Tel Aviv and Haifa, and for good measure, dropping a few MX missiles on Dimona, their secret nuke-making plant, located in the Negev desert. If, only?'

(remember that the 'if only' would have been the case, if JFK hadn't been assassinated in 1963!!! But then, of course, Israel would not have attacked the Liberty, or probably initiated the Six-Day War period -outsider ).

'What kind of man was LBJ? Well, here is what the distinguished British statesman, Denis Healey, one of his contemporaries, had to say about him: “LYNDON JOHNSON WAS A MONSTER. He was one of the few politicians with whom I found it uncomfortable to be in the same room. He exuded a brutal lust for power which I found most disagreeable...” (p. 131).

As a result of the Six-Day War, the Israelis illegally seized vast areas of land belonging to Syria, Jordan, Egypt and the Palestinian people. It also began being armed by the U.S. and treated as a strategic ally. Since 1967, Donald Neff pointed out (WRMEA, 08/02), Israel has also received enormous amounts of U.S. aid. Incredibly, it is “many times over the cost of the Marshall Plan to regenerate Western Europe after WWII.”

Query: Why are we giving billions of dollars of foreign aid to a country, Israel, that deliberately attacked and tried to sink our vessel, the Liberty, and that continues to make us more enemies in the Islamic World?

Finally, the last word on the horrors of the Israeli attack on the Liberty, and the cruel indifference of LBJ to its fate, has to be left to one of the injured survivors of that terror-filled day, Lt. George Golden, the Liberty’s chief engineer. He told author Hounam, (at p. 240-41), in a recent interview, “We were the guinea pigs to get shot up, to make it look like the Egypt was doing this so the U.S. could step in...to give our country an excuse to get in there to help Israel...” When asked how he felt when he was told all of this about being damned guinea pigs, Golden responded, “I thought I was going to cry because I couldn’t believe something like that would happen. I didn’t think our government was that way...”

(and Healey was a major Bilderberger! - outsider)

----------------------------------------------------------

William Hughes is the author of “Saying ‘No’ to the War Party” (Iuniverse, Inc.), which is avaiable at Amazon.com.
http://usa.mediamonitors.net/content/view/full/4731/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The History Of False Flag Terrorism All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: